Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pro starcraft loser posted:

So mad there aren't croutons in any salad let alone a hoagie salad.

What's the dressing?

i have celiacs lol, its full fat mayo, italian dressing, pepperoncini vinegar, parmesan cheese and a bit of yellow mustard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

SIDS Vicious posted:

i have celiacs lol, its full fat mayo, italian dressing, pepperoncini vinegar, parmesan cheese and a bit of yellow mustard

My bad.

That sounds like a pretty amazing combo for the dressing. I'm just now learning about pepperoncini vinegar and my drown my next sub in it if I can find it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

So mad there aren't croutons in any salad let alone a hoagie salad.

What's the dressing?

a salad chain restaurant opened near me recently that doesn't have croutons on the menu. Like wtf

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My bad.

That sounds like a pretty amazing combo for the dressing. I'm just now learning about pepperoncini vinegar and my drown my next sub in it if I can find it.

legit its just the brine from the pepperoncini jar! easy peasy

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

a salad chain restaurant opened near me recently that doesn't have croutons on the menu. Like wtf

This is like an evil generating plot from Good Omens

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Karl Hungus
Sep 28, 2001
Mine dispatcher says there's something wrong mitt deine kable.
Nap Ghost

runchild posted:

Never seen fries shaped like that before. They were good.

They do fries like that at a few restaurants around Orlando. They call them Sidewinders. They are an OK take on steak fries.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those fries look good. Thin enough and well cooked it seems.

Standard steak fries (essentially british chips as well) are by far the worst type of fry. Worse than crinkle cut.

Almost every time I've had them they've been soggy and dry at the same time. Quite a feat to pull off.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pork loin and mashed taters

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

Pork loin and mashed taters

Speaking of pork loin. I got really hosed up last night, as per usual, and made a pre-marinated pork tenderloin that I had in my freezer since January. Apparently it was really good because I ate almost the entire thing. Like, a pound of pork. I added a ton of garlic and possibly other stuff. I made a frozen broccoli/pasta thing that was quite nice.

The thing I'm concerned about is the sauce that's on the pork. It looks like thousand island dressing but I don't have anything that looks like thousand island in my fridge. So it must be a mix of some poo poo I have in there. Maybe mayo, sour cream, some sort of hot sauce for the reddish color, dill relish? I honestly do not recall making it and sometimes it's an investigative process the next day working backwards of what I might have done. I did not leave any clues behind besides my little sauce mixing dish was in the sink.

However, it was loving delicious.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 11, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahah awesome

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That is not the response I was expecting, but it makes me feel much better about myself.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I get tanked and make awesome poo poo all the time only leaving questions in the morning. Like when I realized i had put a Mama Celeste pepperoni pizza inside of a Mozz/cheddar quesadilla with a bunch of Tapatio

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

salmon n salad

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
We made sushi rolls out of krab, cucumber, avocado and cream cheese. Learning curve on rolling was high. Ended up with 2 resteraunt quality rolls and 2 …. Other rolls. The dogs feasted on a bunch of those

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

oh poo poo. friend of mine sent me pics of his sushi tonight. we really need to finally use the kit we got as a wedding gift

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One quarter of an 18” Italian sub

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fried up some cumin seasoned tofu with onions and garlic

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Roast chicken and other roasted stuff

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nice!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

filet and lobster paired with a bottle of taittinger

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Speaking of pork loin. I got really hosed up last night, as per usual, and made a pre-marinated pork tenderloin that I had in my freezer since January. Apparently it was really good because I ate almost the entire thing. Like, a pound of pork. I added a ton of garlic and possibly other stuff. I made a frozen broccoli/pasta thing that was quite nice.

The thing I'm concerned about is the sauce that's on the pork. It looks like thousand island dressing but I don't have anything that looks like thousand island in my fridge. So it must be a mix of some poo poo I have in there. Maybe mayo, sour cream, some sort of hot sauce for the reddish color, dill relish? I honestly do not recall making it and sometimes it's an investigative process the next day working backwards of what I might have done. I did not leave any clues behind besides my little sauce mixing dish was in the sink.

However, it was loving delicious.

You were too hosed up to remember what you did but were still able to take those perfectly cromulent photos?

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Butterfly Valley posted:

You were too hosed up to remember what you did but were still able to take those perfectly cromulent photos?

Have you never been really drunk. That’s a Wednesday for me

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

shazbot posted:

Have you never been really drunk. That’s a Wednesday for me

Oh I've got my own fair share of stupid hosed up kitchen escapades but they've never been accompanied by in-focus photography. One time I found half a packet of uncooked ramen on the counter, along with untouched packets of sauce and seasonings, and figured I'd eaten a very sad half portion of plain ramen, an assumption that held until I later opened the fridge and found the other half dipped inside a pot of greek yoghurt.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 13, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm a professional (alcoholic).

Butterfly Valley posted:

an assumption that held until I later opened the fridge and found the other half dipped inside a pot of greek yoghurt.

:lol:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Mushroom carbonara

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

it's potato soup station

the blood orange olive oil and pomegranate vinegar are just because I'm fancy

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

mother-in-law's in town so we went to the new Cuban Colombian place. fried plantain grilled chicken sandwiches, corn cakes and cheese, corn cakes and sausage, beans, all types of poo poo

then we went out for ice cream

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

a big rear end bowl of pho

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

a big rear end bowl of pho

hell yeah

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

getting caught up, this is in a tier way up there

also this is looking killer

bird with big dick posted:

Kenji’s ginger beef

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 18, 2023

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:eyepop:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
NY strips, hasselbeck potatoes, sautéed green beans.

Had to cook with the stove rather than outside on the grill and I underestimated the cooking time on the potatoes and the steaks ended up a little closer to medium than I’d normally allow but these things happen. Overall still a decent dinner.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

We smoked our grandmother over applewood today

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’ve been picking at a grocery rotisserie chicken all day, they were out of garlic/rosemary so got the “Traditional” and maaaaaaaan this thing is bland, like not even salt

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
another day of peanut curry

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lamb & sweet potato chili w Greek yogurt on top

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Potato and cheese pierogies sautéed with bacon and onions. Side garden salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday