Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I went to an outdoor screening projected on the side of a building hosted by a local video store just before they went under and it was a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Got to watch this at Alamo Drafthouse on the big screen and :discourse: what a film

The first time I saw it on film the print they had tinted the gore scenes all in red to hide the blood, it felt very Kill Billish.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Riki oh loving owns

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The hereditary cults runs on death note rules

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CelticPredator posted:

demon magic is like the force

it wills the story to its needs

Not sure how the movie holds up now but reading the book Mothman Prophecies I did enjoy the idea of an extra dimensional entity being able to see events as timey wimey flow of past, present and future all together. Paimon can nudge things certain ways through his cultists I'm sure.

Probably gives them great stock tips and winning lotto numbers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MacheteZombie posted:

The hereditary cults runs on death note rules

ari aster death note... this feels like it could work...

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
For the most part, I'm not interested in "it happens because predestination" as a plot for a movie. I felt like Hereditary was a really mean little movie and I didn't enjoy it for that reason.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Riki Oh was my absolute favorite high-school "get high and just cackle at this poo poo" horror film other than Ichi the Killer. Also the reveal and accompanying musical sting in Don't Look Now would always make me laugh.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

also pyscho goreman

Whenever Psycho Goreman isn't on screen people should be asking "why the frick aren't we watching Psycho Goreman"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Phy posted:

Whenever Psycho Goreman isn't on screen people should be asking "why the frick aren't we watching Psycho Goreman"

As much as I still can't stand Mimi, Psycho Goreman's a solid choice.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Happy Circulatory System Walking Through the Kitchen Day to all that celebrate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look at em go

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

Happy Circulatory System Walking Through the Kitchen Day to all that celebrate

Today we are all blessed by His noodly uncovered dick.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Riki-Oh/Boxers Omen double feature seems like a great plan for any night.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Today we are all blessed by His noodly uncovered dick.

That sounds muscular and involving.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

M_Sinistrari posted:

actually, Mimi is the heckin’ best :colbert:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

M_Sinistrari posted:

I feel so bad for the Mimi actress. Psycho Goreman is so over the top that it makes sense her character is supposed to be too. It does come off as grating but that seems by design from the director.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
She's like a knife trying to cut through the tough membrane around your heart, for some she bounces off and it feels unpleasant, but if she gets through she'll never leave.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I don’t think Mimi is even all that over the top. Kids can be goofy weirdos, she’s an only slightly exaggerated version of my niece.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mimi irl is fairly close to her character lol. But nicer of course lol. It was nice to talk to her for a bit

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've worked with kids and Mimi is only a slight exaggeration from many kids.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Luke irl is nothing like his character lol.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mimi rules, she was a highlight of the movie for me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just absolutely loved the tongue in cheek production and costume design. There's a video game like that called Hand of Doom which is a fun send up in a similar vein. Goreman's deadpan comedy was the best too.

What planet are you from??

Gigax.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I guess what puts Mimi over the top for some people is how utterly relentless she is, not letting up on torturing Luke for even a moment. But that's fine, sometimes you need a Cartman.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

On my first watch she definitely went too far, and I absolutely hated the dad, but my second watch made me love the film a lot more and appreciate the things I really liked about it. It went from me loving the tokusatsu stuff to loving the tokusatsu and enjoying the humor a lot more. And Mimi was really fun in that second watch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Greg is the hero of the film lmao

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I liked the dad in PG because at the beginning he’s like every movie dad character but by the time he makes that chicken for dinner you realize there’s something really wrong with him.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Doltos posted:

I feel so bad for the Mimi actress. Psycho Goreman is so over the top that it makes sense her character is supposed to be too. It does come off as grating but that seems by design from the director.

I'm pretty impressed with her actress. If she's able to get this sort of reaction of out from me while still a kid, good God it's going to be incredible with what she can do with roles when she's older.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Mimi is just a live action Louise from Bob's Burgers. She's incredible.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also the film is bad rear end

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Nikumatic posted:

My Riki-Oh tee shirt is my favorite tee shirt that I almost never get to wear out in public 'cause I don't wanna be That Guy who wore a t-shirt full of cartoon exploding heads and made a parent have to have a conversation with their child as a result

That’s not too bad. I have a Tenebre shirt from Rucking Fotten that a lady got really angry at me about because “you probably like torturing women huh”. I laughed in her face and walked away.

The shirt in question

I dunno what she was smoking. Whatever.

dorium fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 11, 2023

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mimi is the absolute definition of a disgusting shitkid that occasionally shows up in those kind of movies but cranked up to 11. I get the joke but i was too annoyed to ride out the gag through the entire film.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

The Friday the 13th game's getting delisted at the end of the year.

https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-game-max-level-boost-kills-legendary-perks-unlocked/

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Not really horror, but are there any computer games that are good adventure games anymore?

I realize that games that are primarily story and adventure went away because those elements get folded into FPS games these days. But I miss just working through an adventure and revealing an interesting story without having to shoot or fight.

Certain movies make me realize how much I miss pure adventure games. For example, The Silence of the Lambs. It would be a perfect adventure to play through as Clarice. There is an involved story with different layers. There are different questgivers including Crawford and Lecter.

There are critical quest items like the head in the jar, the cocoon or the case file, that either reveal further clues or open different parts of the story as the story progresses, or get transformed in critical ways like the case file with Lecter's notes.

Are there any games like this anymore that are all story and don't really require action and shooting? Especially if they are spooky or horror oriented?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Telltale is your best bet for those

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Zwabu posted:

Not really horror, but are there any computer games that are good adventure games anymore?

I realize that games that are primarily story and adventure went away because those elements get folded into FPS games these days. But I miss just working through an adventure and revealing an interesting story without having to shoot or fight.

Certain movies make me realize how much I miss pure adventure games. For example, The Silence of the Lambs. It would be a perfect adventure to play through as Clarice. There is an involved story with different layers. There are different questgivers including Crawford and Lecter.

There are critical quest items like the head in the jar, the cocoon or the case file, that either reveal further clues or open different parts of the story as the story progresses, or get transformed in critical ways like the case file with Lecter's notes.

Are there any games like this anymore that are all story and don't really require action and shooting? Especially if they are spooky or horror oriented?

Dude, adventure games blew up again like 10 years ago and haven't gone away.
I don't actually like them so I can't recommend. Look up Fran Bow on Steam, that's a spooky old school adventure game. Then go down the rabbit hole of games similar to this. You'll find plenty.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Supermassive games has been basically doing like, David Cage style adventure games (without the grossness of Cage) for horror. Their most recent is The Quarry which has folks like David Arquette and Ted Raimi in it. On the more traditional adventure game side you also have stuff like The Excavation of Hob's Barrow which released last year. This is just scratching the surface, there is a lot of stuff going in the space currently.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Go on steam and filter by "Walking Simulator" and you're covered. What Remains of Edith Finch is a spooky, haunting and low-input storygame that you cannot go wrong playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

dorium posted:

That’s not too bad. I have a Tenebre shirt from Rucking Fotten that a lady got really angry at me about because “you probably like torturing women huh”. I laughed in her face and walked away.

The shirt in question

I dunno what she was smoking. Whatever.

Shirt rules. I just got my The Thing teesh today (and ordered one of The VVitch ones as well)