Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Still can’t get over how the Cybertruck looks like a video game car that hasn’t rendered in properly.

This snipe isn’t as bad as Elon Musk but not for lack of trying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nothing will look as futuristic as a scrapped cybertruck molding in a junkyard

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Breetai posted:

Funny way to say thank you.

:hmmyes:

You should watch Robocop at least once or twice a year.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Nothing will look as futuristic as a scrapped cybertruck molding in a junkyard

Exotic vines covering it as a large skin bird flaps overhead

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That part in RoboCop where the guy gets soaked in toxic waste and then explodes when Kurtwood Smith drives a car into him is the greatest scene in cinema.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

That part in RoboCop where the guy gets soaked in toxic waste and then explodes when Kurtwood Smith drives a car into him is the greatest scene in cinema.

Actually the greatest scene in cinema Is the fist fight in They Live between Roddy Piper and Keith David in that alleyway where he's trying to force him to wear sunglasses

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This dude still alive and acting? He could be Elon.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This dude still alive and acting? He could be Elon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McCrane

Alive and kicking. Most people probably know him as the guy they loved to hate on ER who lost an arm to a helicopter and was then crushed to death by one (separate incidents)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That truck looks to be struggling about as much as a Camry would on that terrain.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Joke's on you, it's only pretending to struggle in order to collect more testing data

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

BigglesSWE posted:

Still can’t get over how the Cybertruck looks like a video game car that hasn’t rendered in properly.
this is why it looks cool

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

explosivo posted:

That truck looks to be struggling about as much as a Camry would on that terrain.

Assuming the camry had enough ground clearance, kind of hard to say from the video, I think it would struggle significantly less. It's much MUCH lighter, and yes it's front wheel drive but I don't think it would have too much trouble. I've driven a similar car, a 90s Honda Accord, up a steep driveway covered in snow and it did fine.

I've got an AWD Acura that's twenty years old and has zero modifications. It would breeze over that obstacle without pause. Like literally zero issues

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Hygiene posted:

Joke's on you, it's only pretending to struggle in order to collect more testing data

It’s just a weird coincidence that the only test footage we’ve ever seen of cybertrucks is from testing the “go extremely slow and clumsily” functionality

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

It’s just a weird coincidence that the only test footage we’ve ever seen of cybertrucks is from testing the “go extremely slow and clumsily” functionality

You can't handle the good stuff

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
The cybertruck can't climb a hill on dirt because according to its VIN decoder info it weighs 5 tons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

You can't handle the good stuff

Hey babe, wake up, new CyberTruck driving in light snow videos have dropped

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I dunno, somebody did, that's what counts

Ah, David Fincher!

Ok yeah Aronofsky has some bangers and some very interesting flops but yeah you're right this isn't suited for him.

He also did a commercial for Andrew Yang so he very well may be a Musk fan

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hell I just drove up a steep hill last weekend with this low end car and it didn't do all the squealing that cybertruck did, and I'm nowhere near a professional driver

Now we know why you're so sad

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hell I just drove up a steep hill last weekend with this low end car and it didn't do all the squealing that cybertruck did, and I'm nowhere near a professional driver

Is this bullet/arrow proof though?

PrettySusIfUAskMe
Nov 11, 2023
Elon Musk stans dogecoin therefore the following is on topic for this thread:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I have a 20 year old Ford Escape and it wouldn't even blink going up a slope like that. That pathetic thing is a loving embarrassment.

Video for those without Twitter.

(sound is an absolute must)

https://i.imgur.com/M4q39aO.mp4

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Ooo first time I've caught a seraph post before the permaban.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PrettySusIfUAskMe posted:

Elon Musk stans dogecoin therefore the following is on topic for this thread:

And speaking of loving pathetic - it's Seraph!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kazil posted:

Is this bullet/arrow proof though?

It's about as resistant to rifle bullets as the cybertruck. And the windows are probably stronger.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have a 20 year old Ford Escape and it wouldn't even blink going up a slope like that. That pathetic thing is a loving embarrassment.

Also check out how the 50? year old jeep behind it has no problems. With what appears to be more passenger and cargo space.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzMR7U0x1v6/?igshid=MWNuMm84YmN4aTY5&img_index=3

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon be like

Jack Handey posted:

I remember how my great-uncle Jerry would sit on the porch and whittle all day long. Once he whittled me a toy boat out of a larger toy boat I had. It was almost as good as the first one, except now it had bumpy whittle marks all over it. And no paint, because he had whittled off the paint.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ that's pretty uncanny

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The whole... just everything about this is so dumb. The people who are going to buy this car do not go off road and will not use it as a work vehicle so the lol X marketing is completely wrong. The people who buy this just want to show it off. There is nothing about this thing that is super innovative or groundbreaking.

It's just so :psyduck:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

That's a very ugly car. Lol if you paid money for that voluntarily.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

edit: ^^^ that's pretty uncanny

The whole... just everything about this is so dumb. The people who are going to buy this car do not go off road and will not use it as a work vehicle so the lol X marketing is completely wrong. The people who buy this just want to show it off. There is nothing about this thing that is super innovative or groundbreaking.

It's just so :psyduck:

They don't go offroading or use it as a work truck but they very much theoretically want to be able to, same as every oversized truck that only exists to be shown off. The fiction about being a real working man is in fact what they're trying to show off

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"I think I can I think I can!"

- Elon's CyberTruck driving up a hill

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

reignonyourparade posted:

They don't go offroading or use it as a work truck but they very much theoretically want to be able to, same as every oversized truck that only exists to be shown off. The fiction about being a real working man is in fact what they're trying to show off

I know I use my oversized off roading truck sole for going through the middle of roundabouts, just as god intended.

No roads gonna tell me how roundly I should drive. :smug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

I know I use my oversized off roading truck sole for going through the middle of roundabouts, just as god intended.

No roads gonna tell me how roundly I should drive. :smug:

The e-Cayonaro

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
The Cybertruck is the premier car for the discerning consumer who is looking to automatically commit manslaughter if they cause an accident

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

The Cybertruck is the premier car for the discerning consumer who is looking to automatically commit manslaughter if they cause an accident

Can you commit manslaughter on yourself by buying a Cybertruck?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The driver knows the car can easily clear this hill they are just afraid the car will explode if they accelerate too fast.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

The people who buy this just want to show it off.
That's basically Tesla design in a nutshell. They're designed for maximum show-off-ability first and actually being a good, safe, useful car last.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Grey Cat posted:

The driver knows the car can easily clear this hill they are just afraid the car will explode if they accelerate too fast.

There was a child at the top of the hill. This just shows how good the manual breaks are.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The cybertruck looks like something from a failed Kickstarter project

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grey Cat posted:

There's actually a child on the road behind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Burning_Monk posted:

There was a child at the top of the hill. This just shows how good the manual breaks are.

I'm surprised he had the strength to control the vehicle then.