Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
My favorite part is at 38 seconds, when the rear tires dynamically realign the vehicle so it can go up the hill at maximum efficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
The lighting stock can probably do that poo poo without breaking a sweat. It actually has a mechanical lock for the rear diff (that rarely needs to be used because the modulation is pretty good from what I have read). I've seen that thing lifted in 35s and I bet it would crush most trails.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Why would you even release that footage

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah I'm interested in some in depth discussion from a real 4x4 expert to break down what's going on and why it's nothing great. Although then the poor soul would be dogpiled by dozens of weird musk dickriders so probably not worth it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

coconono posted:

people who like cybertruck know poo poo all about cars and think that looks good.

Don't have twitter to check the comments, be pretty sure it will be full of blue tick praise.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

priznat posted:

Yeah I'm interested in some in depth discussion from a real 4x4 expert to break down what's going on and why it's nothing great. Although then the poor soul would be dogpiled by dozens of weird musk dickriders so probably not worth it.

:hmmyes:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
He's not gonna reply, Wes.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The driver isn’t even trying to drive up the slope, he doesn’t care anymore. The truck will easily outlive him. And there’s nobody up there either. Why bother doing it?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I poo poo MYSELF ON PURPOSE

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hmmm I wonder if there's any financial reason a man with the handle @Teslatrip would be defending the cyber truck

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Hmmm I wonder if there's any financial reason a man with the handle @Teslatrip would be defending the cyber truck

Two symptoms of the same worms

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

If a gangbanger with a sub-sonic gun, or a tribalist with a bow and arrow attacked the Tesla Cybertruck could easily fend them off.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:elon::elon::elon: you actually want your rear tires to lose traction in the middle of climbing a steep incline

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If a gangbanger with a sub-sonic gun, or a tribalist with a bow and arrow attacked the Tesla Cybertruck could easily fend them off.

And yet when a small child stands their ground and hits it with a rock from a slingshot the mighty cybertruck falls to the ground dead.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I design all my cars for people who have no idea how to drive

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I design all my cars for people who have no idea how to drive

Why would you need to know how to drive a based AI robot car that drives itself anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

Why would you need to know how to drive a based AI robot car that drives itself anyway

Will pay for itself in Uber rides in 6 months

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

while you are at work, your cybertruck can take riders on 4WD backcountry adventures while you rake in cash, and be back in time to drive you home autonomously!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Plus you make $1 every time they push the fart button

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol: I'd defer to actual experts in AI, but the way the cybertruck wheels spun there it would seem that both differentials are open/unlocked, despite having 2 or 3 motors? It seems like they're using the brakes to modulate wheel spin as a faux-limited slip differential, (which Toyota does p. well) but :lol::lmao: tesla

EDIT

watched it again a few times, the air suspension is a piece of poo poo. its set to max height and that seems to gently caress up the articulation. The wheels have no upward travel and only like 4" of downward travel. A Prius would go up that hill better

double edit

i think the dudes driving were messing with the air suspension at the start, and i think it messed up the traction control somehow. You can visibly see the front rise up :10 in or so

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 11, 2023

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

badass

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
You would think in addition to a "lol, we were driving wrong, as a joke" they would also show a video of it confidently charging up the incline. Where's that video? Hm? Hm? Where??

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

redshirt posted:

hoping i can handle my neurolink the same way

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cumpantry posted:

hoping i can handle my neurolink the same way

I too aspire to wake up covered in puke and riddled with stds

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Farming Dogecoin with your unused brain cycles

Actually it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Elon was one of those "we only use 10% of our brains" people and he really thought that could work

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I still wanna see 30-0 and 60-0 brake tests on the cybertruck, i bet the distance is completely beyond atrocious

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

MrQwerty posted:

I still wanna see 30-0 and 60-0 brake tests on the cybertruck, i bet the distance is completely beyond atrocious

Also when it's towing near-infinite mass

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What is real?

- Morpheus

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
teds taking the entire bottle of red pills

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

All the stages of denial, one by one, are illustrated in twits will soon be available on x, the everything app.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 11, 2023

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Why do they all talk like this? The inclusion of unnecessarily technical terms, the weird sense of offense and aggression, the reflexive “lol people are so much dumber than I am” comment. It’s so off putting.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: ^^^ that's pretty uncanny
~ or groundbreaking.~ snippy snip.

It's just so :psyduck:

at 5 tons I think you will find it will break plenty of ground.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Someone's gonna film themselves loving in this while it autopilots itself half way a up a 10% grade hill before losing traction and sliding back down and it'll sell gangbusters. Like yeah my Yaris could get up that hill, easy, but nobody ever filmed themselves loving in a Yaris.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Awkward Davies posted:

Why do they all talk like this? The inclusion of unnecessarily technical terms, the weird sense of offense and aggression, the reflexive “lol people are so much dumber than I am” comment. It’s so off putting.

They are trying to emulate Musk's style to get him to respond. I think I remember a Musk post that even ended with exactly the same "X solves this" line. (Using X as a variable here since I can't remember what he was talking about, not X as in the company (formerly known as Twitter.))

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol all these people getting 5 ton vehicles and their not even getting a forklift.

How lame can you get.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

coconono posted:

this applies to so much of elon's life

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Buce posted:

this applies to so much of elon's life

I appreciate the transparency in the development process of a doomed piece of poo poo car that is just a pile of the worst ideas a high schooler ever had about trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

My favourite thing about Cybertruck is still the leadup and initial reveal where there was a lot of hype over what they were going to unveil, and Simone Giertz built her own quite rad Truckla project converting a Tesla into a small utility vehicle. Then she got to go to the unveiling of Tesla's official truck and is it's unveiled just has this WTF look on her face.

It's kinda wild that Tesla could have just built something to the level of quality that she and her team built for a YouTube video, and it would have been out years earlier and probably done quite well in the market.