Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Spaced God posted:

60 psi tires squealing desperately

all its competition could idle up that hill lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

this is ultimately the NHTSA’s fault of course

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

discworld is better, Hitchhiker’s Guide is babby’s intro to funny books

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Has anyone here actually driven a cybertruck? Feel like a lot of posters are going to have egg on their face when they get behind the wheel and realize they love the car so much they've abandoned all their preferences.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
i hope grok is the sole inheritor to elon's estate when he kills himself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
My rental car partner doesn’t carry teslas, which honestly bums me out. I’d drive a cybertruck for a week on someone else’s dime. As I get older, cars are really the only unexplored thrill left.

I’ve only crawled around in a display model Y but only focused on the touchscreen full of beta poo poo and gross feeling wheel. I also drive hand at noon or 6, elbow out the window so the wheel design already DQ’d the car from my interests. Seats were ok, didn’t feel comfortable for fuckin tho.

They do well enough at the drag strip with the Street Legal EV winner in Vegas joking he just rented one from the airport and had to scrape the sponsor logos off. Performance EVs are still pretty rare but the tech is definitely getting there.

Another thing: Tesla designs mostly predated Musk. I think he tweaked a few things but they were mostly all fleshed out. The cybertruck is his first wholly original offering. you’d have to show me drift and burnout vids of the thing to convince me it’s more than an expensive toy like jet packs or hover bikes.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

coconono posted:

My rental car partner doesn’t carry teslas, which honestly bums me out. I’d drive a cybertruck for a week on someone else’s dime. As I get older, cars are really the only unexplored thrill left.

I’ve only crawled around in a display model Y but only focused on the touchscreen full of beta poo poo and gross feeling wheel. I also drive hand at noon or 6, elbow out the window so the wheel design already DQ’d the car from my interests. Seats were ok, didn’t feel comfortable for fuckin tho.

They do well enough at the drag strip with the Street Legal EV winner in Vegas joking he just rented one from the airport and had to scrape the sponsor logos off. Performance EVs are still pretty rare but the tech is definitely getting there.

Another thing: Tesla designs mostly predated Musk. I think he tweaked a few things but they were mostly all fleshed out. The cybertruck is his first wholly original offering. you’d have to show me drift and burnout vids of the thing to convince me it’s more than an expensive toy like jet packs or hover bikes.

Russian roulette is also quite thrilling from what I've heard

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
maybe mind the death threats, homie. it’s unhealthy.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

My favorite part is that a 66 hp Suzuki samurai from the 90s can effortlessly traverse this stairway.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

coconono posted:

As I get older, cars are really the only unexplored thrill left.

have you tried gay sex?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

coconono posted:

I rented a tesla for free, it was a horrible nightmare and I had nightmares in the night after lol, next day my lower back still hurt from how uncomfortable that car was.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Celexi posted:

I rented a tesla for free, it was a horrible nightmare and I had nightmares in the night after lol, next day my lower back still hurt from how uncomfortable that car was.

I ate Taco Bell and not even 5 minutes later I was shooting high velocity diarrhea streams from my anus like frikkin laser beams lol

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1723177815955107850

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

coconono posted:

As I get older, cars are really the only unexplored thrill left.

(panting between breaths while struggling to wipe the sweat off my brows after riding a bike for 1 hour in high humidity to my workplace) : sounds like you are too car-brained

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Cactrot posted:

My favorite part is that a 66 hp Suzuki samurai from the 90s can effortlessly traverse this stairway.

You could push a Samurai sideways up that hill better than this POS navigates it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
As poo poo and unfunny as this response is you know Elon had no hand in the AI's development because it's still a post with more effort than he could conjure.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He's right

https://twitter.com/GUnderground_TV/status/1722926764865843403?t=EMB--oaXRDqP6WnXj2eT9Q&s=19

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
He become a bit like Greenwald: when the mainstream media is at one side, they will be on the opposite side

So when the mainstream media is wrong about something, they might happen to right

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

He become a bit like Greenwald: when the mainstream media is at one side, they will be on the opposite side

So when the mainstream media is wrong about something, they might happen to right

Shut the gently caress up

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

"they mght happen to right" is what you posted

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

a.lo posted:

"they mght happen to right" is what you posted

yes

edit: elon musk ftw

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean yeah, stopped clocked and what ever. And he may be saying just to be contrary, but the statement just in itself is 100% correct.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

I mean yeah, stopped clocked and what ever. And he may be saying just to be contrary, but the statement just in itself is 100% correct.

Yeah and Mussolini kept the trains running on time, what’s your point? Believe it or not—we dont have to hand it to murderous dictators.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Sounds like Elon is ftw

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Glenn is right

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Top G posted:

Yeah and Mussolini kept the trains running on time, what’s your point? Believe it or not—we dont have to hand it to murderous dictators.

Mussolini loving did not! And honestly, ignore it and move on I guess?

I mean just from the general people he talks to people showing some element of surprise is all good. Like I didn't expect it But yeah, horrible people sometimes stumble across one good view point isn't exactly a new thing.

( I heard that evil dude who always tried to kill inspected gadget, really liked cats, and treated them really well. That cat you see he's always patting a stray he adopted from a shelter.)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This thread needs an IK to stop the Glenn-posting.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Desert Bus posted:

This thread needs an IK to stop the Glenn-posting.

Dude is unfortunately published world wide, alas. IK prob/ban powers only stretch so far.

for now.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
someone needs to let elon know he's loving trash

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
let's see how Grok would solve the I vs P situation :elon:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

let's see how Grok would solve the I vs P situation :elon:

Just give up some land. Simple.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

dr_rat posted:

Dude is unfortunately published world wide, alas. IK prob/ban powers only stretch so far.

for now.

He is only published in select countries

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

speaking of grimes' kid i realized musk hasn't mentioned or shown off "Lil X" lately. last instance i can remember was maybe the time he brought the kid to the meeting with Erdogan who dissed him for it? he seems more interested in the twitter and "AI" stuff now. he's got a new X

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

coconono posted:

Seats were ok, didn’t feel comfortable for fuckin tho.

That’s by design.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

anyway even Macron is calling on Israel to stop murdering kids now so i award zero points to musk for saying one of easiest most obvious things a person can say about this especially if they don’t have to worry about losing their job for it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

elon’s right

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

a statement any seven year old could conceptualize

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

if i was the richest dude on the planet i would definitely *not* be interacting with dorks on twitter at 2am. id probably be doing hot chicks, or lots of drugs, or both.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Honestly if I had billions I'd probably be doing the same things I am now but from a luxury dirigible I designed. Then I'd die in a highly publicized disaster in which that dirigible crashed. The American dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

dr_rat posted:

I like that one architect did the concave glass windows in a skyscrape thing twice:
https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/london-skyscraper-can-melt-cars-set-buildings-fire-8c11069092

Like dude maybe get another job or something ya idiot.

seems like an easy lawsuit to win