Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I cannot stop watching Flossie's mischievous face and full bodied reaction to the hundred pounds. The Lucy look and RADA pulling in were also real satisfying. It was definitely more a task about putting the panelists through a weird situation than anything about their actual performance but it worked.

Nothing wrong with Fortune Road but it didn't have anything as dramatic as Josh Thomson flipping tails for an hour.

Every poo has a silver lining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Good show from Susan "30 Grand, Babeh!" Wokoma in that studio task.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The jealousy, the green, lemon-biting jealousy that Greg has for the famous five duo is delightful and so are they

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Something I am wondering about the secret task (if it is real) is I think every time he's mentioned it they've been in the same room (I'm not sure what the room is called, the one with the big Greg painting that changes each season). So I'm curious if there's something hidden in the background details there. Or I'm entirely misremembering and he has in fact mentioned it in other places.

Dang I really called the shot on the secret task. Although I didn't think they would actually make finding the secret task into a regular task. I'm so disappointed Lucy didn't also say Sam, it would have been so perfect.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao bribing the kid! i like that sue fake sleep-talked "lateral thinking" but Sam was the one to do it

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

HELLO CHILD

Great episode again. Susan keeps growing on me. I thought she was a bit weak early on but that's the beauty of the longer seasons we get these days (it's annoying rewatching the first few seasons and them cutting off at 5 episodes), it gives you time to really see what a contestant is about. Susan just wasn't as immediately attention-grabbing when compared to the others.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A lot of great moments this episode, but Lucy's prize task delivery was incredible.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wonder if they filmed the team tasks last and had "find the secret task" as a plan B in case someone hadn't found it before.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 11, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm trying to remember, did they try in early series to maintain the illusion that house tasks happened in the order they were shown and were recorded in chunks for every episode?

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I wonder if they filmed the team tasks last and had "find the secret task" as a plan B in case someone hadn't found it before.

That was my assumption. They put it there hoping it would be found, and when no one did they threw in the team task to make use of it. Alex kept poking at them asking if they think anyone had found the secret task yet, but they never showed anyone making any effort to actually look, lol, so they probably realized it was fruitless.

It was pretty well secured, compared to the NZ secret task which was just under something in a room where they had to search for something else and would be likely to move stuff around.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/61Kc1wA.mp4

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tagra posted:

That was my assumption. They put it there hoping it would be found, and when no one did they threw in the team task to make use of it. Alex kept poking at them asking if they think anyone had found the secret task yet, but they never showed anyone making any effort to actually look, lol, so they probably realized it was fruitless.

It was pretty well secured, compared to the NZ secret task which was just under something in a room where they had to search for something else and would be likely to move stuff around.

Part of me wishes they'd not done that and just never revealed what the secret task was (but still mentioned it throughout the series). The mystery's better than the reality in this case.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
They should never have mentioned it, and left it there as many series as it took to be found. Plus throw in some tasks that would increase contestants rummaging around (eg hide three aubergines). Plus make it a task that didn't require it to be found by multiple contestants to make sense.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Pablo Bluth posted:

They should never have mentioned it, and left it there as many series as it took to be found. Plus throw in some tasks that would increase contestants rummaging around (eg hide three aubergines). Plus make it a task that didn't require it to be found by multiple contestants to make sense.

Then they'd need another hiding place, too. The portrait of the Taskmaster changes every series and the compartment was built into the frame.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I don't think it wouldn't be beyond them to include that hiding place in future frames. Then when it was found people would have loved discussing how long it has been there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
secret task reminds me of the stray 11th duck.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finally caught up with this season and it’s just fantastic. Easily a favourite. The camaraderie between Sue and Susan is so adorable.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

:lol::lol: we just watched the Kongen Befaler "whack a mole" live task (S6 E7 I think). holy poo poo that was insanity.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The season is Sam's to lose, but gently caress I'm praying Julian can come back and win it. To have the Jo Brand-esque apathetic contestant who-doesn't-need-this clinch the win would be such a triumph.

He's also entered the space of many before him -- person who clearly really wants to win, knows they're ahead, and is basking in their lead. Remains the unsatisfying contestant to watch on the show (apologies to Dara O'Brien and Mae Martin before him) that really guts the excitement for the later episodes.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 12, 2023

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

More Outtakes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dqiPKAZSA

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Those last two clips :allears:

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

itry posted:

Those last two clips :allears:

I love that Alex is just Alex all the time. It makes me so happy.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

CatstropheWaitress posted:

He's also entered the space of many before him -- person who clearly really wants to win, knows they're ahead, and is basking in their lead. Remains the unsatisfying contestant to watch on the show (apologies to Dara O'Brien and Mae Martin before him) that really guts the excitement for the later episodes.
I don't get the hate for Dara O'Brien. Yeah, he was competent and he clearly wanted to win but he also managed to remain consistently funny and occassionally brilliant (such as with the one-act play). Definitely nowhere near a Mae Martin or Richard Herring.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 12, 2023

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

I don't get the hata for Dara O'Brien. Yeah, he was competent and he clearly wanted to win but he also managed to remain consistently funny and occassionally brilliant (such as with the one-act play). Definitely nowhere near a Mae Martin or Richard Herring.

Yeah, honestly that was a really strong season and he did great. I was rooting for Millican because I love her energy, but I wasn't upset with the results.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I wish Sam wasn't consistently in the lead for pretty much the entire series, but he's been very funny and hasn't been automatically beelining to the perfect solution to each task in the same way Mae was last series (Dara kinda did this too, but was at least funny in the studio). I like a little more competition! I just think Sam has such a weird energy that he's hacked both the tasks and Greg.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Lucy sadly honking on a French horn is maybe the single funniest image from this entire series.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

As special as her horn section was, a still image of Julian looking in his way at Alex with an audiotrack of his best bond villain cat impersonation insults playing would be it for me

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Just started Kongen Befaler on Youtube and I'm very much enjoying how the main theme seems to be "idiots with power tools".

e: And if there's a second one, it's destroying guitars :rock:

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 12, 2023

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

And fire.

Espacio
Mar 25, 2006
Dieses ist der schlechteste verrat!

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I wish Sam wasn't consistently in the lead for pretty much the entire series, but he's been very funny and hasn't been automatically beelining to the perfect solution to each task in the same way Mae was last series (Dara kinda did this too, but was at least funny in the studio). I like a little more competition! I just think Sam has such a weird energy that he's hacked both the tasks and Greg.

You are right he has broken Greg.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Espacio posted:

You are right he has broken Greg.

He and Greg just vibe on the same level

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
When Sam busted out that total non-sequitur during the prize task and followed up Greg's question with "Oh, online." I just about hurt myself laughing.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm disappointed my guess for the secret task was wrong but the look on Sue's face when it was announced she got the hat was priceless.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I really enjoy that the wide shots of the contestants occasionally feature someone with a fuckoff huge hat and zero context.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Morpheus posted:

When Sam busted out that total non-sequitur during the prize task and followed up Greg's question with "Oh, online." I just about hurt myself laughing.

It was an absolutely perfect set up and delivery.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Morpheus posted:

yeah this is one of the single best jokes I have ever heard, the delivery was absolutely flawless. it's one of those things that makes me understand why other comedians were talking him up so much.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

neongrey posted:

yeah this is one of the single best jokes I have ever heard, the delivery was absolutely flawless. it's one of those things that makes me understand why other comedians were talking him up so much.

He’s had something like 5 of those moments in the studio. He’s so quick.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A lot of my Australian friends who were only mild fans of the show so far have watched this entire season because of Sam and I totally get why. He might be a legitimate comedy genius

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

He's loving fantastic.

This set of his at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival is one of my favorite stand up sets of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60pKvNLQNc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wungus posted:

He's loving fantastic.

This set of his at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival is one of my favorite stand up sets of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60pKvNLQNc

Art is a beautiful crime that shouldn't exist, but I'm so glad it does.