Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

tbf to Giske, there have been a lot of girls entering politics these five last years he hasn't gotten to diddle yet

"Fun" Fact: The open secret within youth politics during the mid-90s when Giske was leader of AUF, is that their central committee had an internal competition on who could bed the most members during their two-week summer camp

edit: I'm happy with this page snipe :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Anders posted:

"Fun" Fact: The open secret within youth politics during the mid-90s when Giske was leader of AUF, is that their central committee had an internal competition on who could bed the most members during their two-week summer camp

This is entirely unsurprising.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Anders posted:

tbf to Giske, there have been a lot of girls entering politics these five last years he hasn't gotten to diddle yet

Well? Who won???

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

SplitSoul posted:

Dragsted essentially both sides'd the Gaza genocide. Caused a friend of mine, a long-time member of Ø, to finally bail the sinking ship. Reject bourgois electoral bullshit; only disappointment awaits you.

Was it me? :dawkins101:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Nice piece of fish posted:

Well? Who won???

Depends on the category - consensual or non-consensual?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Anders posted:

Depends on the category - consensual or non-consensual?

:drat:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hizb ut-Tahrir are using the word JIHAD!!! That's a terrorism!

*is really good at understanding Arabic terms*

*immediately transcribes "Ummahs hære" as "Ung mands herre"*

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/2023-11-10-politiet-meget-massivt-til-stede-ved-demonstration-der-er-graenser-for-ytringsfriheden

THE BAR posted:

Was it me? :dawkins101:

No, but good on you. :glomp:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 10, 2023

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Uh she's saddled with the fallout of the stupidest it procurement scandal in decades that was super easy to see coming, in a region where both she and Giske is from. Health minister was the first pick for that?

Anyway, hard to kill off the guy pointing at your massive failures as a party when you keep giving him ammo.

health is a huge department with a huge budget. it's where støre went to branch out between foreign minister and PM, as you'll recall. as health minister you've got a real shot at the highest offices and you can build a very strong power base within the administration

the other departments with that level of heft are finance and kommunal. under the present government arbeids- og sosial has been a big deal, but that's particular to this moment. it used to be that the foreign office was similar, but at some point (stoltenberg 2 i think) we stopped pretending to have an independent foreign policy and so it matters much less now; solberg made a highly symbolic reshuffle of the seating order of the royal cabinet meetings fairly early on in her tenure to this effect.

the weight of that department is why solberg put a basically competent toady in as health minister and backed him heavily, and it's why kjerkol wanted it. kjersti toppe would've been an obvious candidate and is imo a more skilled politician, but Ap made a real priority for her sake, even promoting that over Justice and Defence

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Well, too bad she looks like a loving idiot right now to a region that normally leans AP-heavy.

Healthcare in general has some massive problems to solve over the coming decade and really I would have picked anything to avoid having to touch that mess. poo poo, you can't even privatize your way out of there just not being enough doctors and nurses.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Whaaaat, Ap putting personal relations over competence when it comes to choosing positions. I'm shocked I say, SHOCKED!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Well, too bad she looks like a loving idiot right now to a region that normally leans AP-heavy.

Healthcare in general has some massive problems to solve over the coming decade and really I would have picked anything to avoid having to touch that mess. poo poo, you can't even privatize your way out of there just not being enough doctors and nurses.

yeah she's not very good, as illustrated by her failing to put giske properly in the ground

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Hur går det för facken som strejkar mot Tesla? De vanliga rövhålen som hatar facken är de man mest ser skriva utanför SA och de har ju sin egen vinkling.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah she's not very good, as illustrated by her failing to put giske properly in the ground

I don't think you realize how many 60+ women in Trøndelag Ap really loving love that sleezebag. His cult of personality is the biggest one since Gerhardsen (in Ap)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Hur går det för facken som strejkar mot Tesla? De vanliga rövhålen som hatar facken är de man mest ser skriva utanför SA och de har ju sin egen vinkling.

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/if-metall-utokar-konflikten-mot-tesla-varslar-om-blockad

Escalating.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i genuinely almost cannot believe that erna solberg is going to try to shrug off being formally incompetent for a whole mess of important government business throughout her tenure as prime minister

it's enormously irresponsible

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Alecta pissing away yet more money with 50 billion on Heimstaden might actually get someone charged and not just fired?

I guess some symbolic guilliotining is to much to hope for tho.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

V. Illych L. posted:

i genuinely almost cannot believe that erna solberg is going to try to shrug off being formally incompetent for a whole mess of important government business throughout her tenure as prime minister

Wait until you realize that the Høyre voters doesn't care either. They're still polling pretty much the same

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Impossible. This close to the next election? Would be suicide for Høyre. Who do they have that's high enough profile to lie convincingly about compassionate capitalism and the inherent cost savings of insider trading?

Just quoting myself

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

jeebus bob posted:

Cut to one week from now:

Ah. Well, nevertheless...

Also this

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

Erna is loving untouchable and every H voter agrees. It's not gonna amount to poo poo and AP will be too weak and useless to attack H over this due to their own skeletons and giskes in the closet. As correctly assessed by Erna. Bet.

She risks nothing.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Whats public opinion like? The swedish forums I frequent are bougie nests like byggahus and lots of terrible people and liberals there foaming at the mouth about unions and predicting ultimate doom and musk victory.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Whats public opinion like? The swedish forums I frequent are bougie nests like byggahus and lots of terrible people and liberals there foaming at the mouth about unions and predicting ultimate doom and musk victory.

If r/sweden is of any useful measure*, they’re for the strike not because they support workers in any sense, but because of some sort of weird sense of patriotism? They’re more upset that it’s a non-Swedish company telling Swedish workers what to do.

*it is not, it is barnensflashback

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

If r/sweden is of any useful measure*, they’re for the strike not because they support workers in any sense, but because of some sort of weird sense of patriotism? They’re more upset that it’s a non-Swedish company telling Swedish workers what to do.

Clearly it's the white man's prejudice against an african man's business.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Svenskt Näringsliv is having a great time trying to both lobby for legislation to make sympathy striking illegal and at the same time cheer the union on so that we won't get a minimum salary.

E: I have no idea if people in general care at all.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

what are the traffic laws for police like in sweden?
walking home today i saw two uniformed policemen in a civilian/unmarked car drive into a pedestrian torg area, walk into a bar and leave after ~1 minute then drive away

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Megamissen posted:

walking home today i saw two uniformed policemen in a civilian/unmarked car drive into a pedestrian torg area, walk into a bar and leave after ~1 minute then drive away
Please just let the police slam down a couple of shots to take the edge off, they've got enough on their plate without you serving them up some bullshit accusations.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Megamissen posted:

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to follow all traffic laws if they don't have the lights on, but hey, what are you going to do, call the police?

On the other side of the pond, the chief parking inspector of Tampere has gotten into a row with the mayor because he's ticketed multiple illegally parked police cars, including an unmarked police car parked on the sidewalk. It's now escalated to the point that the mayor's office is trying to find grounds to fire him, while he's escalated the matter to the prosecutor general.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

teen witch posted:

idk how this is in sweden but in norway there really is a tendency for foreigners to not really get how things work here and try to import their own styles of management, cutting out employee representatives etc. this tends to breed a lot of resentment. tesla's also been clear about not wanting a general agreement based on their international policies, which i imagine rankles people as well. my guess is that it's some combination of these factors, with plenty of redditors having been in situations where foreign clients don't accept that there are still actual employment regulations in sweden which people take seriously.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

idk how this is in sweden but in norway there really is a tendency for foreigners to not really get how things work here and try to import their own styles of management, cutting out employee representatives etc. this tends to breed a lot of resentment. tesla's also been clear about not wanting a general agreement based on their international policies, which i imagine rankles people as well. my guess is that it's some combination of these factors, with plenty of redditors having been in situations where foreign clients don't accept that there are still actual employment regulations in sweden which people take seriously.

I’m fully aware of that, as it’s a consistent sentiment pretty much anywhere.

What my point was is more “redditors are absolutely fine with the proverbial boot crushing the icky working class so long as it’s a blågul boot.” Swedish boots for curb stomping the Swedish model.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

The media is helping by telling the tale of workers so happy with their current position that they will gladly scab their own workplace. Even if striking gives them a 30% bonus every month.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Megamissen posted:

Not Sweden, but when I was managing a bar in downtown Copenhagen, we’d often get police cars driving on the pedestrian-only roads, mostly late at night. I appreciated it, it was nice to know they were on hand if we got some particularly drunk and unruly customers. The few times I needed to call 112, they or a paramedic turned up really quickly.

Plainclothes police are a mixed bag though. I’ve seen them suddenly appear and stop knife fights out of loving nowhere but I’ve also seen them gently caress up brown kids for existing.

E: it was an extremely Danish “knife” fight. Some HA guys couldn’t find the knife they stashed outside a club so one of them grabbed the padlock (the biggest ABUS chain I could get) off my bicycle as I was riding by. He apologized, said he just needed to borrow it for a moment, then proceeded to flail away at some poor bastard.
Some plainclothes dude put him in a headlock and after he was cuffed I asked where my padlock was. The HA guy said he was sorry and he would buy me a new one if it was broken :v:

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 17, 2023

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Megamissen posted:

Laws don't really apply to cops anywhere unless they get caught

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to follow all traffic laws if they don't have the lights on, but hey, what are you going to do, call the police?

On the other side of the pond, the chief parking inspector of Tampere has gotten into a row with the mayor because he's ticketed multiple illegally parked police cars, including an unmarked police car parked on the sidewalk. It's now escalated to the point that the mayor's office is trying to find grounds to fire him, while he's escalated the matter to the prosecutor general.

Police cars patrol our pedestrian path close to me pretty often, which is especially weird as there's a fully functional mixed pedestrian/car street five metres to the side of it. They also use it as a convenient shortcut.

But as for your question: if they are on patrol they are allowed to drive on pedestrian only paths as long as they don't go faster than 30 kph. They can drive against one-way traffic and pretty much do whatever they want as long as they are on duty and patrolling. There's been a few scandals over time where off-duty cops have broken traffic rules on the way to work etc. and pretended to be on patrol.

The lights and sirens being on or off are not the deciding matter. If there's an urgent matter, they can ignore all important traffic rules (stop signs, traffic lights, företräde etc.). If they require "fri väg", i.e. other drivers moving aside, they need to have the lights on. It's up to the driver to decide if they need the sirens and lights or not. They can still drive faster than the speed limit etc. if they deem it an emergency but that they don't need other drivers to make a path for them. I don't know when this would be but pretty much I guess if they are speeding on a highway to get somewhere and the traffic is not heavy enough that it's a problem to blast past.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 17, 2023

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

In my brief conversations about it few really seem to care. Nobody appears to like Musk and very few seem to have that much against the Swedish model so Tesla is not getting much sympathy except from Tesla owners and the usual, relatively few, suspects.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Parking dude's a loving king. What a G.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

evil_bunnY posted:

Parking dude's a loving king. What a G.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Fruits of the sea posted:

Not Sweden, but when I was managing a bar in downtown Copenhagen, we’d often get police cars driving on the pedestrian-only roads, mostly late at night. I appreciated it, it was nice to know they were on hand if we got some particularly drunk and unruly customers. The few times I needed to call 112, they or a paramedic turned up really quickly.

As I understand it, anyone can drive on the pedestrian-only roads in downtown Copenhagen, but they are a labyrinthine mess of poorly marked or entirely unmarked one-way streets, and of course pedestrians have the right of way, so you have to plot the route in advance and weave in and out of side alleys along the way. I used to live there and we hated seeing cops anywhere during the daytime, because that usually meant they were staking out places, like the the twenty meters of Landemærket that is a one-way street, to fine people for riding their bikes during their morning commute.

Dunno if the night patrol cars get any exemptions, but I assume any downtown cops are intimately familiar with the legal routes either way.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

That tracks, I wouldn't take a car in there at gunpoint :v:

One quickly learns which roads to avoid when commuting to Indreby. It was always funny watching half a dozen cyclists get caught for illegal right turns, only for the same thing to happen again with the next light cycle.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pretty wild that DR has yet to cover, at least on their website, one of the largest protests in this country's history, against the genocide of the Palestinians.

They did regret describing another pro-Palestinian protest as being "in favour of Hamas" on the radio two weeks ago, I guess that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

:downsbravo: Denmark

Should be renamed Chudmark