Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Butt Detective posted:

Also my peeve is “cute” animal vids where the animals have clearly been drugged and arranged to look like they all fell asleep cuddling together in ~cottagecore~ settings
Or just straight shopped/edited. Like it's extremely obvious that the cat didn't just soccer kick a ball but all the comments are variants of 🤩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm not even sure what this falls under, but my office uses Teams for phone poo poo and whatnot. A few weeks ago, Microsoft upgraded to the "new" teams, so IT gave us the option to switch to "new" Teams right away or keep using old Teams for awhile. Eventually we'll have to switch to "new" Teams, so I just switched right away to start getting used to it.

Every time Teams boots up, it asks me if I want to keep using the "new" Teams, or if I want to switch back. And there is no option to STOP loving ASKING.

EVERY DAY. How much longer do I gotta put up with this nonsense?! I guess this peeve is software not giving me the option of telling it to shut the everloving gently caress up!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Hirayuki posted:

Some idiot in Japan (well, several idiots, but one is particularly egregious) thinks my Gmail address belongs to her. I've been getting "Welcome to Salesforce" login info E-mails sent to her at my address on and off for over two years now. I've tried writing to the help desk and asking them to delete the account, or even to put a system-wide block on that address; I've tried logging in myself and finding some kind of message board where I can post asking her colleagues to tell her to stop using my address; I've used the set-initial-password link in that welcome E-mail to set a new password and dummy address to lock her out entirely; I've accessed her profile to change my address to her login ID (also always an E-mail address, never mine) and her name to StopUsing MyAddress; I've written directly to the various addresses she uses for her login IDs telling her to cut that poo poo out (they usually bounce). It's frustrating as hell because A. that's my goddamn address! and B. there's no good way to tell her she keeps loving up over and over again.

As mentioned, other random people use my address, too; this has been going on since 2017. I've gotten real-estate agents writing to confirm my interest in a property, cable companies confirming upcoming installations, online stores sending receipts, one of those fancy reservation-making services writing to say there are no tables available at my requested time. Some of these are set up so I can reply, and since I speak the language, I can at least explain what's going on and suggest they use another contact method to reach the dumdum in question (and tell them to use the right address while they're at it). The signup confirmation E-mails for Twitter, Spotify, store loyalty programs, etc. can be safely ignored. Still: pain in the rear end! And my address (and company name) is an archaic word, not a name or obvious combination of two names.

Must be hard to have the email address EmployeeinJapan@gmail.com.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Right now I'm trying to politely have a conversation with someone who is being repeatedly wrong about a fact in the comments below something I posted which contains LOTS AND LOTS OF PRIMARY SOURCES EXPLAINING why they're wrong.

I wanna be like "dude just read the loving thing you're commenting on or shut up, I'm not writing the whole thing over because your personal memory says otherwise" but I also don't want to be a massive rear end in a top hat but at the same time I'm kind of warming to that option as well.

I've got official maps! Dude! Argue with my maps, I DARE you. You can't do it! Even if you can, I've got photographs! I've got loving newspaper articles with LINE ART RENDERINGS

Peace y'all

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The local craigslist-like gives people 9? days to ship out the thing they sold, before the buyer has the option to cancel the transaction. (When they use the 'ready to ship' option, which means I've got the money locked in, and they get a package-slip automatically generated, ready for use.)
And it's just annoyingly long, if I'd known that this person would take days to ship the thing they'd marked as 'ready to ship', then I simply wouldn't have bought it from them.

And now I'm just waiting for them to ship it, 2 days after they went 'oh yes sorry 😊 i'll ship it after work today 😊', and it's just tedious.
Every other time I've used it, people have shipped stuff within a day (With the small packages you just write a code on them, slap them in the mailbox, and they're shipped the next morning.).
If you have a optional service where the entire point is to have quick and simple transactions, why allow sellers to drag their feet for a week and a half before sending?

The site used to have a 'seller usually replies within a few hours/a day' metric that was visible on listings, I'd absolutely like a 'seller usually ships same day' thing, so that I could avoid these people.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CelticPredator posted:

The only thing we get as a driver is 2.50 base pay and whatever you put on the tip.

That’s it.

That people don't realize this grinds on me. Stop whining about how much we get paid from your safe, covid free, no traffic rear end when sorry we ain't getting that money. You are the one who ordered the overpriced delivery!!

And sure it's easy but it's not nearly as easy as proposed. Yeah, lady berating me for being so stupid I spilled some of her soda, I did, I spilled. You're not seeing the part where it spilled because I needed to emergency brake, because someone ran a stoplight and nearly t-boned me. My life is worth more than your drink.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I get being a bit miffed. Be miffed, but to yourself. Don't take it out on anyone else. Idk man, i've ordered burgers and asked for cheese on them (BK is hosed up by not making cheese standard!!!) and i get them and no cheese! I eat it, disappointed! But I dont go and yell at anyone for 4 dollars worth of garbage food lol

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Hirayuki posted:

Some idiot in Japan (well, several idiots, but one is particularly egregious) thinks my Gmail address belongs to her.

Yeah I have this - at least one of them thinks their email is firstnamelastname@gmail.com - but I only exclusively use firstname.lastname@gmail.com so it was easy to set filters to hide those. But others don't! So I keep getting invoices or sign up requests. How do they not know their own email???

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's really one of the big banes of there being so few email hosts that people use, and they don't enforce any hamming distance or anything between addresses.
I've only run into that issue once in my life though, (Understandable, there are only a bit over a dozen people with my name combination.), because of an error -someone else- did with the email, not them.

Social services of all things sent an email to (me) LastnameFirstnameSecondname@mail, instead of LastnameFirstnameSecondname1@mail (them).
(I've got periods in mine to format it a bit, but as many goons know, those don't get parsed.)

SubNat has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Nov 10, 2023

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have a similar one at my job, a lot of people get fooled by third parties into signing up for a particular license through their website instead of ours, which not only means that the customer gets severely overcharged, often paying twice the actual cost, but the third party then hijacks the situation by putting their own email in as the contact email instead of the customers. Not only does the third party often get data wrong on the sign up so we have to fix it, it also means that the customer won't get the reminder to renew it as it goes to the third parties instead, and many times they don't bother to inform the customer, deliberately forcing them to miss the deadline to renew it which means they have to sign up anew (a renewal for an existing license is WAY cheaper). It's got to the point where even if it's not what the customer has called for, I'll check the email to make sure so that I can cut the third party out and get the customer's correct details on the system so they'll not have the problem, and advise them how to avoid it in the future. It just means we get a lot of angry customers who blame us for the situation despite us doing everything we can to get the third parties shut down.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Nov 11, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
People who complain about their food delivery are the same fuckin people who hold up the line at Taco Bell because their order wasn't 100% correct. Mother fucker you're at Taco Bell, if it's 75% there, then you win, get the gently caress out of the drive through!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

credburn posted:

People who complain about their food delivery are the same fuckin people who hold up the line at Taco Bell because their order wasn't 100% correct. Mother fucker you're at Taco Bell, if it's 75% there, then you win, get the gently caress out of the drive through!

This attitude is loving insane. It is so alien to me that I don't even know how to explain my perspective to you. If I paid for a particular thing and didn't get it, obviously I'm going to need them to either give me the correct thing or my money back. That money has value to me. The thing I chose to spend it on has value to me. Everything I choose to buy cuts off the opportunity to choose something else. This seems so obvious to me as to go without saying, and yet you apparently don't feel this way? You're happy to just throw money away and eat whatever is placed in front of you, even when you specifically asked for something different and were told you would get it? What is wrong with you?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They have the burgers.

You don't.

You need to be polite to them

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Reporting a user on Wikipedia is a really arcane process. I don't want to fuckin get involved in 'issuing warnings' I just want poo poo dealt with

lol okay narc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

They have the burgers.

You don't.

You need to be polite to them

It's entirely possible to politely request that a mistake be corrected.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tiggum posted:

This attitude is loving insane. It is so alien to me that I don't even know how to explain my perspective to you. If I paid for a particular thing and didn't get it, obviously I'm going to need them to either give me the correct thing or my money back. That money has value to me. The thing I chose to spend it on has value to me. Everything I choose to buy cuts off the opportunity to choose something else. This seems so obvious to me as to go without saying, and yet you apparently don't feel this way? You're happy to just throw money away and eat whatever is placed in front of you, even when you specifically asked for something different and were told you would get it? What is wrong with you?

because I worked in the service industry and i can deal with food being off. If I wanted it perfect i'd make it myself.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

My high school French teacher literally saved Jacques Chirac from an assassination attempt, so for a while he had his own Wikipedia page. In fun and good humour, a couple buddies and I would occasionally change little things on his article. For example, he had a peculiar way of printing on the whiteboard where iT WAS ALL iN CAPS EXCEPT FOR THE LETTER i, so we'd edit sentences to reflect that idiosyncrasy. Things like that.
Well, someone (I'm not suggesting he was monitoring his own Wikipedia page, but like come on) kept banning us from editing. Oh to be young and totally awesome again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Pet peeve: People who turn up their car speakers for phone conversations. Your conversation with customer service is not something I need to hear up and down the street.

Tiggum posted:

The entire raison d'etre of fast food is being there for when you value time more than money or quality. There's a sliding scale here in terms of how big a mistake there is vs. how long it would take to correct but generally speaking if you go to a fast food place seriously caring about what you eat then you should be examining some of your life choices.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

the holy poopacy posted:

The entire raison d'etre of fast food is being there for when you value time more than money or quality. There's a sliding scale here in terms of how big a mistake there is vs. how long it would take to correct but generally speaking if you go to a fast food place seriously caring about what you eat then you should be examining some of your life choices.

Back in September I donned an orange shirt (that I had to borrow, why the gently caress doesn't Wal-Mart have plain orange t-shirts??) and went with some friends to a local park for Truth And Reconciliation Day. We made a stop at Tim Hortons because one dude in our group hadn't eaten.
Now, to say there was a line at the counter would be an understatement. My fellow smokers and I waited outside for half an hour before our friend finally came out, his steak and egg sandwich in hand.
Well, lo and behold, the underpaid and most certainly stressed out kitchen staff had forgotten to put the steak on said sandwich.
We were running a little late for the drumming we wanted to hear, so the dude held it in his hand for the two hours or so we were there, just to ask for the proper order on our way back. (Another easy 15 minutes, mind you.)
I gained a lot of respect for him that day. Man knew what he wanted. He didn't get it. He made sure he did. Rock on, yo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

The entire raison d'etre of fast food is being there for when you value time more than money or quality.
No it isn't. "Fast food" isn't even particularly fast. If you want something right now, you go to one of those kiosks where they have the food already made and ready to go, or a 7-11 or something. If I order something from a KFC or whatever, I specifically want the thing I ordered and am willing to wait for it. I don't expect to wait very long, but it's never the quickest option.

the holy poopacy posted:

generally speaking if you go to a fast food place seriously caring about what you eat then you should be examining some of your life choices.
I always care about what I eat. What "life choices" do you think I'm making that need reevaluation?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The worker >>>>> the customer every time forever

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Tiggum posted:

No it isn't. "Fast food" isn't even particularly fast. If you want something right now, you go to one of those kiosks where they have the food already made and ready to go, or a 7-11 or something. If I order something from a KFC or whatever, I specifically want the thing I ordered and am willing to wait for it. I don't expect to wait very long, but it's never the quickest option.

I always care about what I eat. What "life choices" do you think I'm making that need reevaluation?

It's just an understanding that fast food means you buy cheap food and you probably get what you ask for, but maybe not, but the point is that it's fast so just go go go go go the next person is in line and the lines are blocking the onramp to the highway

the holy poopacy posted:

Pet peeve: People who turn up their car speakers for phone conversations. Your conversation with customer service is not something I need to hear up and down the street.

haha what? I've never heard anyone blasting their conversation from their speakers. This sounds hilarious.

I always get a chuckle when someone's rattling broken rear end car with powerful speakers comes rolling up, just annihilating anyone within a two block radius to have a conversation, and their dumb music cuts out so Siri can tell them to take the next left.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CelticPredator posted:

The worker >>>>> the customer every time forever

Man I'm posting a lot tonight, but whatever it's Friday and I'm having fun.
I used to work at a laser tag place. To this day I'm positive it was a front. There is no way the owner could afford the stuff he had based on the arena itself.
Anyway, on my second or third day working there, I was told "This is not McDonald's. The customer is not right." And how true it was, indeed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Owns.

Obviously if your food isn’t right and you aren’t a jerk and are nice people will usually often be accommodating. ESP small business restaurants.

I’ve had to return food at McDonald’s bc it was just too far from what I wanted. I wanted a big Mac and got a fish fillet lol. But I went back and they gave me the right order without any issue

Otherwise idk. I just don’t think I need to drive all the way back because they forgot something small on the burger or forgot to put sauce on it. It’s fine.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CelticPredator posted:

Owns.

Obviously if your food isn’t right and you aren’t a jerk and are nice people will usually often be accommodating. ESP small business restaurants.

I’ve had to return food at McDonald’s bc it was just too far from what I wanted. I wanted a big Mac and got a fish fillet lol. But I went back and they gave me the right order without any issue

Otherwise idk. I just don’t think I need to drive all the way back because they forgot something small on the burger or forgot to put sauce on it. It’s fine.

I got a fish fillet instead of the burger I ordered and didn't notice until I got home. I kid you not, I looked at the receipt to see if what they had accidently given me was more expensive than my original order. It was not, so I drove back and traded it.
Worth it.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tiggum posted:

The ones that lead you to not understand how odd it is to expect perfection from fast food I think

Punkinhead has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Nov 11, 2023

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

credburn posted:

It's just an understanding that fast food means you buy cheap food and you probably get what you ask for, but maybe not
No, the understanding is that if I pay money for a thing then I either get that thing or I get my money back. It's that simple.

CelticPredator posted:

Obviously I'm not going to be an arsehole about it. Mistakes happen. But I paid money for a specific thing because I wanted that specific thing and you agreed to provide it, so I would like that thing please. In my experience, the only people who have an issue with this are small business owners. People who just work there are always happy to fix the mistake or give a refund.

Punkinhead posted:

The ones that lead you to not understand how odd it is to expect perfection from fast food I think
Not perfection. Just the thing I paid for. Not some special request that you accommodated at great personal cost, just an ordinary thing that you offer to all your customers. The thing I asked for and that I paid some of my very limited supply of money for.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do they have Popeyes in Australia? They’re the place that actually improves your order by getting it wrong.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
I am American and I still don't which people to tip.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Punkinhead posted:

I would count getting the thing I bought to be the bare minimum, not perfection.

Perfection would be to expect to get an amazing medium rare burger from mcd that actually looks like it does in the ads. But nobody expects that.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Massive peeve: customers don't think retail or food workers are people. Like actually literally, people see a person who works that job and what they see is "The Company has been given human form" and then it doesn't matter how they treat this human being, because they're not a real person they're a corporation. Hand the worker your trash, put your dirty garbage directly into their bare hands while you complain at them - that's not rude because you can only be rude to people, and we've already established that this is a corporation! Flow free with the insults, call them stupid, get mad: they can't take it personally or feel any kind of way about it, because they're a corporation not a human! If they wanted to be treated like real people they'd get real jobs instead of being a corporation. The less you're paid the less human you are and the less you matter at all!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I think some of you just have some weird expectations or a set of standards that are grossly higher than what is normal.

Expecting your fast food order to be 100% accurate is silly. Yes, it happens, but it's not common. Tiggum, you're the jerk holding up the fuckin line because your hamburger came with extra pickles instead of no pickles -- that's the cost of convenience. And yes you probably got charged twice-extra for the extra pickles.

I've also worked as a fast food worker, a janitor, a short order cook, and no, we are not people. There is an understanding there, too, when you get hired at such a job, that you're no longer a person. You're there to do the work that a machine can probably do, but also provide a human-like visage for customers to abuse. That's your job. It sucks, but it is also frustrating when I hear people who are like "oh wow I had no idea it was like this" or "hey it shouldn't be that way!"

It shouldn't be that way, but it is, it always has been, always will be, and is really naive to think otherwise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How complicated are you guys' fast food orders that they're wrong the majority of the time? If you're ordering for a family I get it but do your places routinely gently caress up a basic combo?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The most I ever change is no lettuce or tomato or pickles. If I get my burg with those on them, they just get removed lol.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Henchman of Santa posted:

How complicated are you guys' fast food orders that they're wrong the majority of the time? If you're ordering for a family I get it but do your places routinely gently caress up a basic combo?
For real.

It's happened to me maybe a dozen times total and half of those are "ah, they forgot the Diablo sauce, good thing I've got a stash."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I feel like fast food places should accommodate half of this argument by just letting you buy x dollars worth of fast food. "Put about nine dollars worth of whatever Arby's got in this bag, I'm too convenienced to be picky."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

FFT posted:

For real.

It's happened to me maybe a dozen times total and half of those are "ah, they forgot the Diablo sauce, good thing I've got a stash."

There are some places that are particularly poorly run (like most KFCs) but if you've got options in your area you can just not go the ones that gently caress up every time out. Unless, again, it's Popeyes where they're most likely to give you more than you asked for.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

theironjef posted:

I feel like fast food places should accommodate half of this argument by just letting you buy x dollars worth of fast food. "Put about nine dollars worth of whatever Arby's got in this bag, I'm too convenienced to be picky."

There's plenty of places I'd love to hold out a sack trick-or-treat style and just say "fill 'er up"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

The part where you are deliberately choosing to eat low quality garbage food, not out of convenience but an earnest desire to put the shittiest possible food into your body, because you care deeply about eating trash.

To be fair, the people who are eating low quality garbage food put of convenience also probably have some soul searching to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

some time that poo poo hit perfectly tho