Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Reno is so far the only thing that remove un-interactable stuff like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

completed my goal of legend on all eleven classes via odyn warrior this month. at least five of those were with decks that had at least one important card in them nerfed sometime afterward, but who's counting

next goal... probably 500 dk wins, that's the only class I haven't done that with yet. hope rainbow dk is fun, dare to dream good, in badlands. it would be keen if climactic necrotic explosion were somehow not bad

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From the theorycrafting streams Azerite Snake(Warlock’s Excavate treasure) looks pretty disgusting, as expected. It even goes through armor

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Why the gently caress can't Priest ever just get a real wincon? Don't say any bullshit about "control decks" either - Warlock get tons of ways to win, Warrior gets an inevitable win, Druid's been bullshit forever and Death Knight started with an inevitable wincon card. I just don't understand why only Priest needs to be the class that goes to fatigue in order to win every time.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
didn’t Priest get a literal “win the game” quest a couple of expansions ago

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Julio Cruz posted:

didn’t Priest get a literal “win the game” quest a couple of expansions ago

Yes, but on a schedule that still may as well be "just survive until fatigue" for most practical purposes.

Anyway, it's not the best complaint for this specific expansion because highlander decks are usually slow and grindy and value-oriented, and technically Priest's unique payoff is the best at immediately presenting a game-winning threat. And iirc shadow and overheal priests are doing well right now by just hitting people in the face a lot. But a lot of Priest's current class identity is still just getting a lot of value and not a lot of big flashy effects that directly win games, so I get it.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Here’s your thrice-annual reminder to finish all your quests today and then not play again until Tuesday, after the expansion launches. This will give you a full suite of quests for the new reward track, allowing you to gain 15-20 levels right away.

Additionally, assuming you’re looking to maximize the number of cards you get from the new expansion, here’s your optimal pack-opening order:

1) Catch-up packs
2) Class packs
3) Golden Standard packs
4) Regular Standard packs
5) Golden Showdown in the Badlands packs
6) Regular Showdown in the Badlands packs
7) Claim any reward track prizes

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

bravesword posted:

Here’s your thrice-annual reminder to finish all your quests today and then not play again until Tuesday, after the expansion launches. This will give you a full suite of quests for the new reward track, allowing you to gain 15-20 levels right away.

Additionally, assuming you’re looking to maximize the number of cards you get from the new expansion, here’s your optimal pack-opening order:

1) Catch-up packs
2) Class packs
3) Golden Standard packs
4) Regular Standard packs
5) Golden Showdown in the Badlands packs
6) Regular Showdown in the Badlands packs
7) Claim any reward track prizes

:tipshat:

I still don't know whether I'll pre-order anything between my saved up packs, gold and dust but we'll see.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This is better now:

### +Drag Flex 2.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Corrosive Breath
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Amber Whelp
# 2x (3) Primordial Explorer
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Starlight Whelp
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 2x (5) Blackwing Corruptor
# 2x (5) Rotnest Drake
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
#
AAEBAa/XAwLbkQTX+QUOiq0D/q8Dr7cD/7oDos4DkeQD3OoDxfsDiLIEo5MF5PUF2voFsJ4GwKYGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Is Chaos Gazer bugged? Someone just played it on me and I instantly lost the (very good) card I was going to play next turn :mad:

Maybe it's a Duels glitch?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Went from plat 5 to legend with just like maybe 4-5 losses with big shaman. Feels super strong with the new free legendary

### big shaman
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Reincarnate
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Auctionhouse Gavel
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (3) Elemental Destruction
# 2x (3) Healing Rain
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 1x (4) Prescience
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
# 1x (8) Thunderbringer
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
# AAEBAc+LBQaoqwLDkQTptgS/zgSGoQX2owYMlAORDs4PvBT2vQLz5wKf/QKPlAPzuwPW9QO8tgTmngYAAA==

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

orangelex44 posted:

Why the gently caress can't Priest ever just get a real wincon? Don't say any bullshit about "control decks" either - Warlock get tons of ways to win, Warrior gets an inevitable win, Druid's been bullshit forever and Death Knight started with an inevitable wincon card. I just don't understand why only Priest needs to be the class that goes to fatigue in order to win every time.

I want the other player to be given an additional wincon because you picked Priest.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Shockeh posted:

I want the other player to be given an additional wincon because you picked Priest.

It's a cyclical problem. The Priest player can't win any other way than to grind, but everyone hates that Priest is always a loving grind so they demand the class not get good cards, which means the Priest player can't win except to grind...

I honestly don't understand why people hate Priest more than, say, Warlock.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I like longer, drawn-out, value oriented games and priest haters are babies.
That said, I think this expansion I'm most excited about dragon druid, possibly reno.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mass pack openings are cool and all but it sucks they got rid of early pack opening through Fireside gatherings and didn't replace it with anything

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I banked challenge and spectate quests for tomorrow. If you see me on, I'll give you the challenge if you let me spectate a win. Carcass#11432 on NA.

fanny packrat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 14, 2023

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Do we know what decks are going to be good? Are there any cards I should be extra excited about getting in packs other than just the tons of catch up cards I'm about to get and the usual epics and legendaries in the new packs?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RVT posted:

Do we know what decks are going to be good? Are there any cards I should be extra excited about getting in packs other than just the tons of catch up cards I'm about to get and the usual epics and legendaries in the new packs?

I'm excited about the new Warlock packages as well as Naga DH and Miracle Rogue (maybe Nature Shaman again?). The rest, not so much.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
dragon druid has looked strong in the previews i've seen and will probably be quite popular early on

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

RVT posted:

Vicious Syndicate has a card review:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/the-comprehensive-showdown-in-the-badlands-preview/

And a deck preview:

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/40-decks-to-try-out-on-day-1-of-showdown-in-the-badlands/

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So now with only hours left, what do we think of Titans?

I really enjoyed the theme and mechanics, not least the Titans themselves, but the laddering experience was marred by the minipack. I'm also sad they removed Nature Shaman a week or so after the expansion launched, as it was the first Shaman deck I've enjoyed in a while.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I found it to be a pretty good expansion, but was ruined for a while by Pre-Nerf Titan Yogg.
Seriously, I think that might have been the most powerful card ever released in Hearthstone.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Last new deck before the new expansion. It's maybe good and will see an update probably?

### Murlock
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Rock Bottom
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Azsharan Scavenger
# 2x (2) Chum Bucket
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (3) Bloodscent Vilefin
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (4) Seadevil Stinger
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 2x (5) Skyfin
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
# 1x (8) Gigafin
#
AAEBAcn1AgbgBZG8AuWwBPXHBK/DBfnGBQzzvQL+sAOR5AOU6APVsgS+tASAtQTjvQSywQTu0wT+2ASVqgUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I didn’t find the Titans meta all that fun, myself. It wasn’t awful, but they concentrated the power into cards and decks that I don’t like playing either with or against. Spell School Mage was the only new archetype I really vibed with. (I also liked Plague DK a lot, but it was so weak and had so many hard counters that queuing with it always felt chancy.)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

bravesword posted:

I didn’t find the Titans meta all that fun, myself. It wasn’t awful, but they concentrated the power into cards and decks that I don’t like playing either with or against. Spell School Mage was the only new archetype I really vibed with. (I also liked Plague DK a lot, but it was so weak and had so many hard counters that queuing with it always felt chancy.)

Yeah, same. Any meta with paladin/warrior/hunter at the top is my hell so I just ground out my quests with aggro priest/druid and didn't bother climbing.

If you like plague DK it's currently doing great in Duels! So much so they banned Helya from deck building (she still shows up in buckets).

peer
Jan 17, 2004

my death knight opponent used his hero power, attacked with the 1/1, then played Ogrefist Boulder and buffed the ghoul, which immediately died when he ended his turn. then he conceded

peer
Jan 17, 2004

7-0 with dragon druid. idk whether it's great but it's better than the other jank. feels like a real deck

this is the homebrew version i've been playing

### discovered by nest
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (0) Aquatic Form
# 1x (1) Cactus Construct
# 1x (1) Planted Evidence
# 1x (2) Dragon Tales
# 1x (2) Embrace of Nature
# 1x (2) Lifebinder's Gift
# 1x (2) Splish-Splash Whelp
# 1x (3) Amber Whelp
# 1x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
# 1x (3) Kiri, Chosen of Elune
# 1x (3) Starlight Whelp
# 1x (3) Take to the Skies
# 1x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) Desert Nestmatron
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (7) Dragon Golem
# 1x (8) Freya, Keeper of Nature
# 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
# 1x (4) Royal Librarian
# 1x (4) Spinetail Drake
# 1x (4) Time-Lost Protodrake
# 1x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 1x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (6) Sunspot Dragon
# 1x (7) Dragon Golem
# 1x (7) Topior the Shrubbagazzor
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Rheastrasza
# 1x (9) Fye, the Setting Sun
# 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
# 1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder
#
AAECAaa4Ax60igSJnwTanwSuwATW3gTv3gTB3wT/4QSjkwX9xAX93wWf8wWn+gXa+gXb+gXx+gX9jQa7lQa8lQa9lQa/lQbBlQb5lwbRnAbXnAbYnAbanAaqngbOngavqAYAAAED3foF/cQFqZUG/cQFvZUG/cQFAAA=
#

Royal Librarian hasn't been useful so far and Yogg probably isn't the best option for the third ETC slot. idk

peer fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 14, 2023

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The deathrattle spread on the excavate resummon is immediately the silliest poo poo I’ve seen in this game

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Dragon Nest being able to summon Rhea feels like a mistake.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
All will fall to the power of sn3k.

### sneklock
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Saloon Brewmaster
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Full-Blown Evil
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Mo'arg Drillfist
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (6) Dreadlich Tamsin
# 1x (7) Tram Conductor Gerry
#
AAEBAa35AwSFF7CRBJbUBKeoBg3y0AKdqQPrrAPXzgOD+wOcoATbowTI6wXKgwbQgwbvmwbPngb4owYAAA==
#

Play excavated, bounce excavate, deal with threats, play snek, bounce snek

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 14, 2023

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

opened the warlock tram fellow, reno, and bolf ramshield

rainbow dk is not particularly good but I'm having a ball anyway

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Man the VS build of Excavate Rogue is garbage, gonna try something else instead.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
tried taunt warrior and lost (close) against a plague death knight, after that I tried reno dragon, was fun! won against the mirror because they couldn't find reno, but lost against a warlock excavate bounce combo deck. will play more tomorrow, need to sleep now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Boatswain posted:

Man the VS build of Excavate Rogue is garbage, gonna try something else instead.

The concoction one? It seems fine to me

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Dragon Nest being able to summon Rhea feels like a mistake.

It’s a bug, I think. The developers said on Twitter pre-release that it wouldn’t be able to. (I wonder if it slipped through because the card that discovers isn’t technically Rheastrazsa herself, so the “can’t generate itself” game rule doesn’t apply.)

Reno Druid does feel quote good. Everyone seems to be playing Death Knight, though, so I’m curious as to its matchup spread more broadly… I have to admit that kicking the teeth in of Plague DKs who think they’ve won because they’ve turned off two cards in your deck is quite amusing, though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m having fun with Reno pure paladin. Deputy aura doing some heavy lifting making the with less attack than me cards better.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
if you play priest on patch day you are uber cringe

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Firebert posted:

if you play hearthstone you are uber cringe

kater
Nov 16, 2010

huh mirage getting objectioned deletes the mirage. that doesn't sound like the correct interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

if you play priest on patch day you are uber cringe

I beat a renathal priest with my janky elemental shaman and I was emoting hard on that last turn