Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hell of Presidents is good, I'm glad it's not trapped on dead stitcher anymore (I also contributed music to the series!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

That is a hell of a crop

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

who's that guy?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

who's that guy?

An American lawyer who shot two climate protesters dead in the street in Panama.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

An American lawyer who shot two climate protesters dead in the street in Panama.

holy poo poo lol

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Henchman of Santa posted:

They were teachers & union organizers as well, and he killed them on behalf of an open pit mine

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

holy poo poo I thought that was some kind of medical implant on his head, I just realized it's a shell

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
An extra-hosed thing about conservative freaks glibly posting that photo is that he is not just a murderer, but in the process of committing murder at the moment it was snapped. It’s basically a still from a snuff film!

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 11, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol even the Fox and Daily Mail coverage of this dude isn't sympathetic

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

with every post he makes Rod makes it more and more clear why he feels strict religious conformity is so vital for a moral society

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Enjoy Panamanian jail Jurassic park rear end motherfucker

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea not a lol from me dawg.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Juul-Whip posted:

Enjoy Panamanian jail Jurassic park rear end motherfucker

They said he’ll probably get house arrest.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

no Rod I really don’t know how he feels

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I like how Rod is briefly a sympathetic and tragic figure when he posts his extremely closeted stuff, and when he sends well wishes to Matt. You start to wonder - why do we hate this guy? He just wants to eat oysters with hot Bulgarian grad students and talk about ghouls. Then he posts poo poo like this.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr Christmas posted:

An extra-hosed thing about posting that photo is that he is not just a murderer, but in the process of committing murder at the moment it was snapped. It’s basically a still from a snuff film!

Queuing up bans for the Chapo thread

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ok, I'm sure this comes up every time he comes on, but this Chapo guest's accent is supposed to be real, right? He's not just doing an impression of how southern people sound on TV shows and cartoons?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

UP AND ADAM posted:

Ok, I'm sure this comes up every time he comes on, but this Chapo guest's accent is supposed to be real, right? He's not just doing an impression of how southern people sound on TV shows and cartoons?

Do ... Do you think southern people are fictional

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

That's a real southern accent.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mountain people sound like that, if anything his accent is tempered by a bit of ohio river midwest leaking in

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

More specifically a Kentucky/appalachian accent. It’s real, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays it up a little bit or tries not to lose it. Can’t blame him, Tom has a hell of a voice

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
He’s not playing it up, I have cousins and friends with that accent lol.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yeah, that's just how he talks. It's not a work.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

rod is a legit psychopath

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

that accent goes up into Pennsylvania, it's not southern

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Trillbillies can be a bit rambling and unstructured at times but the recent episode they unlocked is a certified banger. Evangelicalism has retreated out of mainstream consciousness since Trump got elected and it's easy to forget how influential it still is.

Tom's preacher cadence is delightful and he can quote scripture with the best of them, it's great to get an insight into what a good chunk of Americans believe from some guys who grew up immersed in it.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Heath posted:

Do ... Do you think southern people are fictional

Goons are incredible lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tirade posted:

Trillbillies can be a bit rambling and unstructured at times but the recent episode they unlocked is a certified banger. Evangelicalism has retreated out of mainstream consciousness since Trump got elected and it's easy to forget how influential it still is.

Tom's preacher cadence is delightful and he can quote scripture with the best of them, it's great to get an insight into what a good chunk of Americans believe from some guys who grew up immersed in it.
does anyone have the clip handy where he quotes James 5?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Will's dedication to mispronunciations continues

lou - EEE - ville

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

you are incredibly loving stupid, my man

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Tirade posted:

Their last couple months of episodes have all been AAA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

some good trillbillies classics

i say swears online posted:

this is still one of my fav eps of any podcast because of tanya's story near the beginning. i wish it was clipped out on youtube

https://soundcloud.com/user-972848621-463073718/episode-57-tanya-got-a-cat

ClassActionFursuit posted:

That one, #186 Dereliction of Duty where Tom talks about his job at the water processing plant and #172 Stormin' Norman and the 10,000 Biker Coup where Tom tells the titular story are all classics

There was another one back there where Tom tells the story of the guy in Dairy Queen that he will not be assessed that I'd love to find if anyone knows it.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Will's dedication to mispronunciations continues

lou - EEE - ville

Everyone seems to get it wrong. Some tourism board transplant assholes put up a bunch of signs around downtown that have a bunch of ways to pronounce it so the people who come during derby would think we have a sense of humor about it. Bryan says it wrong despite having done a show here, airplane stewards say it wrong too. Whatever.

At least I've never had to hear them try to pronounce Versailles.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Chakan posted:

Everyone seems to get it wrong.

I'm not even from Kentucky; it just bugs me. Tom even said it multiple times beforehand!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It’s real, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays it up a little bit or tries not to lose it.

It's probably this. I'm from Mississippi and I can turn it off pretty easily, but most people seem to like it so I usually just let it flow or even hit them with a silly euphemism they can repeat later. It's fine, it's more natural for me and they get a kick out of it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It took many years, but Trump has finally seen the light and become an avowed Maoist

https://twitter.com/left_plain/status/1723522103637405999?s=20

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

currently watching SNL, live over the air

i miss Matt

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

why does the musical guest have so many guitars, is this zoomer prog rock

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
did that guy who did the singing audition for snl get the job