Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So this is like a discount Superman with a Mario 'stache, right?

Well, MKs 9 thru 11 already did all the most iconic characters so I suppose there's not that many places for them left to go...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well, MKs 9 thru 11 already did all the most iconic characters so I suppose there's not that many places for them left to go...

It's more a really violent alien that took the form of an old man.

Also I thought people were elated on his source show, "Invincible", getting a 2nd season soonish. Plus we're also slated to get Homelander from The Boys and John Cena Peacemaker. Not sure on the latter's prevalence, but the former's super fuckin prevalent.

And then we get Quan Chi and Ermac later. I guess Takeda for the Kombat Kids fans in attendance.

widespread fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 2, 2023

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's just the usual goon hatin', don't pay it much mind

For those not entirely in the know, the only thing Omni Man has in relation to Superman abilities-wise is the usual strong/tough combo (amped up to the extremes) and Can Fly Fast. He doesn't do ice breath, x-ray vision, eye lasers, no special rock that weakens him or anything. He's not really a "Superman" analogue, more of a "Model Golden-Age Generic Superhero". He does look sick, lots of cool teleport sideswitch combos even in the air, and the UI Goku dodges are tight. Tremor also looking really good.

Homelander is the closer Evil Superman Guy, I wonder if he's going to play close to how Injustice Superman plays. I can't wait for Peacemaker if only for the pre-fight banter lol

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is Omni Man bullet proof? I liked the show, but can't remember. A moot point when he overpowers anyone with a gun too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Omni Man dodge made me laugh

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah Omniman's got the old school "Can shrug of mostly anything that isn't being punched by someone about as strong as I am", outside of like insanely advanced space lasers and poo poo. It's mostly the skin, it's like armor protecting the insides. In the comic, Robot kills a Viltrumite by shooting a bomb down his throat and blowing him up from the inside

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah Omniman's got the old school "Can shrug of mostly anything that isn't being punched by someone about as strong as I am", outside of like insanely advanced space lasers and poo poo. It's mostly the skin, it's like armor protecting the insides. In the comic, Robot kills a Viltrumite by shooting a bomb down his throat and blowing him up from the inside

One little plot point I liked in the comics was that as mild-mannered Nolan Grayson, his day job was writing travel books, but he did briefly try writing science fiction. The events in those books were based on his own experiences, so Mark had to read them to decipher any weaknesses to use against the Viltrumites.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
tremor looks cool, dunno about that nerd poo poo tho

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gavok posted:

One little plot point I liked in the comics was that as mild-mannered Nolan Grayson, his day job was writing travel books, but he did briefly try writing science fiction. The events in those books were based on his own experiences, so Mark had to read them to decipher any weaknesses to use against the Viltrumites.

Yeah that was cool, that's where we first hear about the Space Racer right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

Omni-Man is literally a Saiyan from Dragonball Z pretending to be Superman. That's basically the entire joke.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Is it cool to post a link to the Goonsgarden Discord in here? I need more chill people to play with on Steam instead of randos.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
welp, omni man and tremor are releasing here in about 4 hours. i couldn't give two shits about omni man, but getting tremor as a kameo is exciting. i'mma lab him after work 2nite :dogcited:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Neutron posted:

Omniman is cool as hell and will be fun in MK

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone made a video with the thumbnail saying "OMG OMNIMAN SO BROKEN" and boon shared it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Keep reading Omniman as Omnoman.

Omnomnoman.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They put Anpanman in MK?!?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/MurkoZawa/status/1722704332343165203?s=20

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

:ughh:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
he's just pulling you forward via air displacement

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm having a stupid person moment, but where do you get the monk-key in the fire temple mesa in the new Invasion map?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I'm having a stupid person moment, but where do you get the monk-key in the fire temple mesa in the new Invasion map?

I thought it was the midboss but maybe it was a tower?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh lmao i didnt realize they were spacing out the DLC character and DLC Kameo release times too? why on earth would you release an assist character 10 days after the actual player character comes out

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

KungFu Grip posted:

oh lmao i didnt realize they were spacing out the DLC character and DLC Kameo release times too? why on earth would you release an assist character 10 days after the actual player character comes out

it's been a real poo poo show so far

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://twitter.com/thethiny/status/1722981103504355648

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

These holiday fatalities suck

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Sockser posted:

These holiday fatalities suck

More expensive then something awful accounts btw :)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Holy poo poo how does something like this get past QA :stare:

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
i s2g if the Thanksgiving one was you take a nap on a couch, I'd spend real money on it

what they made here is awful

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that thanksgiving fatality is actually the most visually disgusting and disturbing fatality they've done

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

wake me up when theres an mpreg fatality

alien and dvorah don't count

They did make it so the fatality bundle includes all 3 holiday fatalities which is...better, but MK1 being mikrotransaction 1 is lovely

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

that thanksgiving fatality is actually the most visually disgusting and disturbing fatality they've done

I honestly thought the camera was going to pull back to show the puke blasting all over the player's character, jesus.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I cant really explain it but there is something about the sfx, particularly the blunt impacts that really sounds off to me.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

KungFu Grip posted:

:agreed:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

codo27 posted:

I cant really explain it but there is something about the sfx, particularly the blunt impacts that really sounds off to me.

It's the same warbly, phasey transients they've had ever since Boom Library collaborated with them directly for MKX. For better and worse, that's the sound of AAA games nowadays

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm gettin' really sick of omniman.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

This. Almost everyone is playing him and it's even worse on PC cause his damage scaling is wrong so he does anywhere from 5-15% more than he should.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr. Neutron posted:

-- The Immortal

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

secret brutalities are BACK BABY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shpmnj9aR6M

just hold block and stance switch :eng101:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hope Kombat Pack 2 adds some Kool Karakters like Lrr from the planet Omicron Persei 8, and Superking who has all the powers of a real king.

I would also accept Drive guy, Hobo with a Shotgun, Ernie from Inside the NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man what is that loving announcer voice? I'm so glad I didn't buy this game