Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I started thinking about a list of players and their woodmen equivalents and felt gross and stopped.

Wilt = Wilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I haven’t been this irritated at a loss in a long time.

Gonna need an explanation why 26 year old 2 way Lindly Waters III played 20 minutes including half of the 4th quarter in a competitive game over healthy nba players.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I sure can’t wait until Ingram and Zion learn to run a functional offense with and without each other!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

https://streamable.com/8qsega

Mavs announcer roasting harden

Holy loving poo poo buddy went OFF

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

lmao. Not a single lie told

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 11, 2023

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Tae posted:

That was awesome and I'm shocked they let him go off for that long.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Tae posted:

Ok... that was pretty drat accurate and funny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy is so satisfied with himself idk how you could like it. but it takes all kinds. I'm coming around to you liking it. i respect who you are and what you've done

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

that guy is so satisfied with himself idk how you could like it. but it takes all kinds. I'm coming around to you liking it. i respect who you are and what you've done

Because I genuinely dislike James Harden and think he's skated by with a lot of folks for too long, Cavauro.

But that's just me, personally.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
James Harden is the best to ever do it

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Cavauro posted:

:ironicat:

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
I suspect that the good vibes and Light The Beam energy of the 2022/23 Kings has been transmuted to the 2023/24 TWolves?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol, honestly it works

He would 100% not only play with a red deck, but a Goblin deck

Tae posted:

This is wonderful but I hope it doesn't reverse-jinx into a Harden/Irving trade

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mark Williams had a 21 point 24 rebound game last night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:ironicat:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KurdtLives posted:

This is wonderful but I hope it doesn't reverse-jinx into a Harden/Irving trade

The same thought came into my head.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone asked Ant about this and just generally how he was still being pretty aggressive on defense even though he had 5 fouls and his response was basically "man they ain't gonna foul me out" which is very funny but is also probably going to lead to him fouling out in the next week or two on a very weak call to prove a point lol

he’s right lol. he committed the most obvious clear path foul ever on tatum when he already had 5 fouls and they swallowed their whistle

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think Russ is more of the problem with the Clippers than Harden at the moment because Russ just stops the ball and makes asinine plays every time he gets it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

Mark Williams had a 21 point 24 rebound game last night

And still fighting for minutes with Nick Richards.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pretty much every game the suns have lost has been because they couldn’t make a bucket any time Durant has to sit. He’s old, can’t ride him like that. Should be better once bookers back but pretty irritating to watch the same thing happen each time

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

leftist heap posted:

James Harden is the best to ever do it

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Does anyone have a video of Lebron eviscerating Beal last night? Granted Beal complained to the refs and didn’t get back on D and then easily cherry picked a layup after LBJ turned it over, but my god did he just send Beals soul to the netherworld

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kibner posted:

And still fighting for minutes with Nick Richards.

Ehhh, not really. He’s getting the starter rotation, he just has a knack for picking up fouls in bunches and having to get yanked. He also loses some minutes because they’re frequently trailing and have to go five out with either PJ or JT Thor

morestuff fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 11, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tae posted:

"you're not the beard, you're not the system, you're the problem"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Kyrie has a new self-produced docuseries about himself

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I say gently caress it, let Harden do whatever he wants. Solidarity forever.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Doltos posted:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tae posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Doltos posted:

I love that he's getting paid but getting paid for being a bum is extra sweet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Seriously imagine getting angry at Harden, unless he happens to be on a team you root for, or a team you root for is trading for him.

The league is better that someone like him exists.

I cannot imagine not finding Harden wiggling his way out of various situations he hates funny.

It's just like I generally extremely hate righteous bloviation over poo poo that doesn't matter in sports like a player being confident or being bad.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 11, 2023

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I like to dislike Harden. Im happy he is around to hate. RUSSELL WAS RIGHT

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

#FreeRussAgain

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

pentyne posted:

"you're not the beard, you're not the system, you're the problem"

cringe

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I hate James Harden because his best years came as a Houston Rocket.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I love that Russ and Harden are on the same team. It’s a perfect yin-yang. Has Russ ever really forced his way off any of the teams he’s been on? Besides with his play that is.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I like Harden because he was an all world player as a Rocket and we only had to deal with modern drama-bomb Harden for like 8 games on a team that was clearly going nowhere.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

leftist heap posted:

I love that Russ and Harden are on the same team. It’s a perfect yin-yang. Has Russ ever really forced his way off any of the teams he’s been on? Besides with his play that is.

if he had been agreeable about coming off the bench as a laker and adjust his shot selection a bit he'd probably still be there

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
yeah what is with the whole "coming off the bench" thing, like it's some kind of scarlet letter of eternal shame. Last year the whole dialogue about 'asking' Russ to come off the bench was about making him a ton of promises that he would get enough minutes to get his shot attempts/numbers or whatever.

Is there some massive pay drop for a play coming off the bench? During the interview after the Lakers win over the Suns everyone was so awed at Reeves coming off the bench and doing great, like does that make his contract a bust or a good deal?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's an absolute mark of shame nobody want's to be the sixth man unless they know that's their cap

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ammanas posted:

if he had been agreeable about coming off the bench as a laker and adjust his shot selection a bit he'd probably still be there

nah that isnt true at all. he came off the bench for 49 games before he was traded, all but 3 of them that season. also russ is inefficient but i dont think loading up on talen horton tucker shots was the answer either. he got traded cause they needed actual nba players to fill out the rotation instead of future chinese league bench players, not cause of anything he did wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Russ works well when he's surrounded by shooters that can operate off of the catch and a big man who can dunk that bad boy in the post. It's why he was playing decent before Harden brought his stinky pants over. James Harden slows down the offense and needs the ball in his hands. You have to choose one, it's absolute bs that Harden was even traded.

Free Russ.