Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
Multiple kalpas worth of habit is a considerable force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

maswastaken posted:

It even worked for White Chain. It's weird she forgot, actually.

This is for her, too. She's spent a while getting really frustrated by the realities of trying to be a just ruler, even while she insists she isn't a ruler.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

This is for her, too. She's spent a while getting really frustrated by the realities of trying to be a just ruler, even while she insists she isn't a ruler.

Yeah, Dave's not wrong in that the people want her as leader and WC is desperately trying to avoid it, I suspect largely out of fear she'll end up just like him.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

His (and Gog-agog's) observation that the masses see him as the loser and White Chain as his successor isn't wrong. He's just unable to think outside the box of might makes right. Then again, I'm not sure he expects any of them to still be alive 11 days from now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FuturePastNow posted:

His (and Gog-agog's) observation that the masses see him as the loser and White Chain as his successor isn't wrong. He's just unable to think outside the box of might makes right. Then again, I'm not sure he expects any of them to still be alive 11 days from now.

Salami Dave's the single person in history to care about the score at the end of a game of Civilization and he's very disappointed that White Chain is just making the map make sense

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Joe Slowboat posted:

He's also developed a distinct twist on it, that he got from Gog-Agog: The people will demand a tyrant, even if you don't want to be one. In this new way he's articulating it, legalism - as in, humans must be governed harshly and brought in line - is not a demand made by a philosopher-king to set the world right, but a demand made by the masses who desire for someone else to do it for them.

So it's a shift! But it's not really a good one, he's just adopting more of Gog-Agog's nihilistic opinion of human affairs, and sees the archon of the Law before him as a possible answer to that cry for an impossibly perfect ruler.

He used to believe genuinely in himself, and in the one who would defeat him and replace him as the greater man. I don't think he has faith in a better age anymore, because he wasn't actually prepared for diamond to break.

Salami Dave eat the worm

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
dave right now

https://twitter.com/itsbcjim/status/1694854971303596360

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, Dave's not wrong in that the people want her as leader and WC is desperately trying to avoid it, I suspect largely out of fear she'll end up just like him.
Thank you, that finally helped me put into words why WC's anger is so impotent and unroyal; because it's born of the same emotion that rules all the demiurges.

Fear.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Yeah I'm hosed with the Cio statue too, bank won't do poo poo since it's not within 180 days of order or ship date (since there was no firm date).

Am considering small claims court, but I'm in the UK so I don't even know if that'd work vs the UK animegami branch. Meh.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

I'm somewhat confused by the most recent pages. Last time White Chain met the other angels, she died, didn't she? Can she just do that whenever she wants? Go see that weird space council?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Inglonias posted:

I'm somewhat confused by the most recent pages. Last time White Chain met the other angels, she died, didn't she? Can she just do that whenever she wants? Go see that weird space council?

She didn't die, she was separated/banished from her body. Angels can do that willingly - remember Vigilant Gaze's body was just chilling in an angel police station while he stayed in that plane.

Presumably she can now do this without leaving her body as a new type of being, similar to how humans can fully travel there (without dying or leaving a body behind) as a weak shadow, which Allison did early on in the comic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Her new head stalks are kinda weird though. I'm not sure if they're soon-to-be-blooming flowers or some kind of fungal growth.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
they’re braids dude

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Operant posted:

they’re braids dude

Oh! They're hovering! Thanks for the clarification

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Inglonias posted:

P sure the whole thing with the needle was to keep her from coming back to her body at will, not to get her there to begin with. 2 Michael just pops right on over after her for a chat after all and he's not going through that

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
When White Chain was fighting Juggernaut Star in the arena she dragged Juggernaut Star's angel form into the void to talk it out a bit and then Juggernaut Star just jumped back into their shell of their own volition (right in time to get obliterated by Vigilant Haze)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

When White Chain was fighting Juggernaut Star in the arena she dragged Juggernaut Star's angel form into the void to talk it out a bit and then Juggernaut Star just jumped back into their shell of their own volition (right in time to get obliterated by Vigilant Haze)

vigilant haze is what he's smokin on

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rhaka posted:

Yeah I'm hosed with the Cio statue too, bank won't do poo poo since it's not within 180 days of order or ship date (since there was no firm date).

Am considering small claims court, but I'm in the UK so I don't even know if that'd work vs the UK animegami branch. Meh.

Animegami was based in the UK. My paypal receipt has the animegami.co.uk site and a UK phone number. I dug up their corporate record, found out the Official Receiver for their insolvency, and https://www.gov.uk/register-creditor-bankruptcy suggests contacting them to be added to the list of creditors. I emailed the office I found and they confirmed they were handling the liquidation case, so I figured 'might as well' and replied saying the company owed me 260.50 GBP or the statue.

I printed up some emails and Animegami.co.uk's page and I'm gonna make an appointment at a bank branch if the Examiner says :lol: or says it's unlikely I'll receive anything.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Inglonias posted:

She now exists in both the astral and meat realms

Also lol that WC is throwing a violent, childish tantrum to no effect. It's almost like there's a theme

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

the holy poopacy posted:

SO. IT'S GOING, THEN.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Victis posted:

Also lol that WC is throwing a violent, childish tantrum to no effect.
One of the things that nobody tells you about transitioning is that you go through a second puberty, and that means moody tantrums!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

WC learns as so many women do that transitioning doesn't actually solve all of their problems and in fact creates some fun new ones!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

White Chain has had emotions before, just not hormone-enhanced ones. A bit of stress and adrenaline can do wonders for your aggressive urges.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Youremother posted:

WC learns as so many women do that transitioning doesn't actually solve all of their problems and in fact creates some fun new ones!

yeaaaah, it took me several months of hrt to realize my anger issues weren't a result of testosterone alone. find a good therapist, White Chain!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Such a pain when trek up dozens of frozen mountains and the first one who takes your insurance is a massive rear end in a top hat

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think she's perfectly justified in being angry, even unto violence, at the tyrant who not only stood for everything that she despised, but has now forcibly declared her his heir and punted the job at the precise moment when it became the worst job in the entire omniverse.

Just because he's doing a sad dad act now instead of a smug dad act doesn't really change that for me. I don't think he should get the key back but 'you should come back and help clean up your goddamn mess' is pretty understandable.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

nimby posted:

White Chain has had emotions before, just not hormone-enhanced ones. A bit of stress and adrenaline can do wonders for your aggressive urges.

Getting emotional is difficult without glands, you need to take a bit of a run up to it.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
“Yeah food is amazing but have you tried glands?!”

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GhastlyBizness posted:

“Yeah food is amazing but have you tried glands?!”

right there with you, girl

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think she's perfectly justified in being angry, even unto violence, at the tyrant who not only stood for everything that she despised, but has now forcibly declared her his heir and punted the job at the precise moment when it became the worst job in the entire omniverse.

Just because he's doing a sad dad act now instead of a smug dad act doesn't really change that for me. I don't think he should get the key back but 'you should come back and help clean up your goddamn mess' is pretty understandable.

WC isn't here to redress wrongs. She's venting, which is fine if you're into it; violence is cathartic. He's currently just a convenient target to lash out at.

WC would never go back to what she was, nor will Solomon. In theory they both have what they wanted - WC craved agency and has been given the power to realize it, but does not trust herself to do so. On the other side, Solomon believes that in giving away his power he has shed the responsibility to act

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New page is up.

FISHING ARC LETS GOOOOOOOO

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
There's always a bigger fish

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can't she just fly them both out of range in a flash?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FISHING is proof of your skill.

To catch a FISH, first equip FISH LURE.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

God drat, I didn't even process David had his right arm covered the entire time

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

Can't she just fly them both out of range in a flash?

Solomon will be like GET READY FOR THE FIGHT and she'll be like 'or we could just not fight this one you dumbass' and thus will reach enlightenment

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You can't just punch a fish! WC and Dave are in trouble!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Try diplomacy! Befriend it!

shirts and skins posted:

right there with you, girl

:five:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 17, 2023

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I predict that you can, in fact, punch a fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Thundarr posted:

You can't just punch a fish!

Not with that attitude. :colbert: