Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Men use flame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It's adorable how many fragile men think of their body hair as some sort of precious totem of masculinity. Whoever posted that probably includes a machete in their masturbation ritual. You don't need to do a brazilian wax job, but keep that poo poo trimmed. It's cleaner, looks nicer, and feels better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
In 2008 I decided to go to a Halloween party as Hannah Montana. Part of the gag was, of course, shaving my legs and wearing a skirt.

I did it and put on sweatpants to go to the party and thought "drat, this is actually really comfortable..."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
my unkemptness is entirely because im lazy, not some masculinity thing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I feel like if I were a cis man I'd still wear my hair long because I'd still be too lazy to book regular appointments at a hair salon

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fellas is it gay to be physically attractive to women

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CuddleCryptid posted:

Maybe I’m doing the toxic masculinity here, but one thing that will always stick with me is a friend telling me about how she finally hooked up with a long time crush, but during the sex, all she could think about was how hairy his rear end in a top hat was. Certainly inspiration to keep it high and tight downstairs

Also just as a perfidious bi, giving head is much better when you ain’t picking pubes out of your teeth.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 11, 2023

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
They aren't pubes, they're Victory Strands! :black101:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
'Oh you want me bald down there? Are you some kind of pedophile?'

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pththya-lyi posted:

I feel like if I were a cis man I'd still wear my hair long because I'd still be too lazy to book regular appointments at a hair salon

I just bought clippers for this very reason (and because I was disgusted by my last haircut where I paid the hairdresser $20 to essentially do the same thing. Didn't even use scissors that time)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DarkHorse posted:

I just bought clippers for this very reason (and because I was disgusted by my last haircut where I paid the hairdresser $20 to essentially do the same thing. Didn't even use scissors that time)

I use clippers and do my own haircuts. Half inch sides and back, an inch on the top. Keep 'em sharpened and you're good to go.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hah jokes on you guys, try male pattern baldness and never go to the salon again. Just shave everything once or twice a week

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Medullah posted:

Hah jokes on you guys, try male pattern baldness and never go to the salon again. Just shave everything once or twice a week

My man

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Long ago, I remember hearing about someone famous getting a haircut basically weekly. I used to think "That seems excessive" but now I'm like, "Oh, that would be the life."

That person? Barack Obama. And the thread's back on track folks, we did it *applause at ground control*

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

Long ago, I remember hearing about someone famous getting a haircut basically weekly. I used to think "That seems excessive" but now I'm like, "Oh, that would be the life."

That person? Barack Obama. And the thread's back on track folks, we did it *applause at ground control*

Ah the good old days when the scandals were "got too many expensive haircuts" and "wore a tan suit". I'd kill for that to be the problems we have today

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Medullah posted:

Ah the good old days when the scandals were "got too many expensive haircuts" and "wore a tan suit". I'd kill for that to be the problems we have today

Pretty much all our problems today were problems then, just slightly less obvious or less publicized. It's just that the opposition was more concerned about tan suits than mass deportations or middle Eastern genocides and so on.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The New York Times posted:

John Edwards, the North Carolina Democrat, announced on Thursday that he was reimbursing his campaign $800 to cover what his aides said was the cost of two haircuts — yes, you read that correctly — by a Beverly Hills barber, though, perhaps, the word stylist is more applicable.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

Ah yes, and when politicians' careers were over when they were caught cheating on their spouses.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Medullah posted:

:smith:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Dryb posted:

Ah yes, and when politicians' careers were over when they were caught cheating on their spouses.

Or if they tried to hype their rally in just the right way to get mocked.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Dameius posted:

Or if they tried to hype their rally in just the right way to get mocked.
Even that was them playing back the audio from one mic to make the scream sound way louder in the room than it was.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Dryb posted:

I think the difference is that in the old days they felt the need to contrive some justification to the public to crowd out candidates they didn't like, and now they just directly rig the elections.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Women do tend to appreciate grooming, but I shave my balls for me. It gets way too unkempt down there for my liking otherwise.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I think we should still train cops not to do those things, regardless.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Well, the police's parents had 18 years to teach them not to murder people in cold blood over loose cigarettes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I mean you could also not call the police because the wrong sort is around too. That's an option.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Plus, blocking traffic generally isn't illegal*

*I'm sure there's procedures and stuff to go about it, but big picture, it is part of legal right to assemble.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

We could simply just abolish the police if the pigs can't help but murder people.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
The entire post is stupid, but I love how they mention that people had 18 years to do these things when so many kids are killed by the police.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Colander Crotch posted:

The entire post is stupid, but I love how they mention that people had 18 years to do these things when so many kids are killed by the police.

Look, the fact that the 7-year old was playing as the robber in the game of Cops and Robbers was an obvious warning sign that needed nipped in the bud.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gotta love memes with aggressive unreadability

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My local city FB group fuckin HATES self checkout.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

You'd think the type of Boomers who posted that sort of high-larious joke would love self checkout because of the "lazy" employees who are "paid not to work".

If your "faith and doctrine" requires you to support a genocidal apartheid ethnostate, either your "faith and doctrine" is wrong or you're misinterpreting it.

The person who posted this is not Jewish; he's a Christian friend of my family's.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

American Christians going over to a whole separate religion to find a way to say they're persecuted.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

You'd think the type of Boomers who posted that sort of high-larious joke would love self checkout because of the "lazy" employees who are "paid not to work".

Ah but self-checkout is also inconvenient, and the older you are the more inconvenient and puzzling it is to have to operate unfamiliar technology.

So it's probably a dead heat between Boomers' hatred of service workers and hatred of being personally inconvenienced.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Ah but self-checkout is also inconvenient, and the older you are the more inconvenient and puzzling it is to have to operate unfamiliar technology.

So it's probably a dead heat between Boomers' hatred of service workers and hatred of being personally inconvenienced.

It's always "self checkout steals jobs from people" and not "if self checkout didn't exist, it's not like the cash registers would all be manned anyway"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nothing's a job until I've gotta do it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Boomer story:

My mother-in-law once got so frustrated with a self-checkout that she started beating it with a baguette. After that she refused to use them again until the day she died. She would rather wait in line for as long as it took.

She was always nice and polite to cashiers and servers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

They usually square this by holding checkout staff to some impossible nostalgic standard - they bristle at having to do their own checkout, hate the actual people who work tills for [reasons] but love the platonic ideal of a checkout clerk who wears a perfectly ironed apron, stands up for an entire 8hr shift, has a permanent sunny grin, thinks "no price tag so it must be free, right?" is the funniest joke ever, will compliment their product choices as they scan them, knows all the stock prices and can work out change instantly without going through the till and will let them indulge in some 'harmless' flirting.

Those (non-existent) workers deserve a job (no more than minimum wage, obviously. The boomer creeds of "minimum skills, minimum wage" and thinking that retail/service work requires no skill or effort still applies) but if they fall below this fantastical standard - and especially if they dare ask for a wage that keeps up with living costs - then boomers take positive joy in seeing 'entitled lazy kids' get replaced by machines.

And then they can pivot to posting about how there's no staff to help them and how hard to use the machines are and Why No One Wants To Work Any More. The cycle is complete.