Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

drk posted:

the cycle of grift continues

Should call it Canned Sunshine cuz it’s gonna be da bomb

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

at least he had the good sense to quit as soon as he found out about the missing $8b.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PrettySusIfUAskMe posted:

but trust me when i say i'll be back to laugh in your faces every time bitcoin hits a big milestone. 100k , expect some real low effort poo poo here.

that's the beauty of bitcoin, it does all the work for me, it turns you clowns into the punchline, all i have to do is be patient.
Yeah we know you'll come back, dude, you're pretty predictable

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah I'm worth 9 figures
*gestures to shelf with several funko-pops*

Sorry, pal - there's only eight figures up there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wait did Seraph shift to a second account before getting banned? Maybe bitcoin really is generating wealth.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
sidechain posting

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You haven't heard the last of me goons! Next time Bitcoin hits a milestone, I'll be back! And then when it loses 50% of its value in two months and slowly climbs back up to that milestone, I'll return once more! You can't stop the future of currency!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ariong posted:

You haven't heard the last of me goons! Next time Bitcoin hits a milestone, I'll be back! And then when it loses 50% of its value in two months and slowly climbs back up to that milestone, I'll return once more! You can't stop the future of currency!
Can you show me with a cool graph? I only understand cool graphs with circles and convergent lines and tons of fun.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Nessus posted:

Wait did Seraph shift to a second account before getting banned? Maybe bitcoin really is generating wealth.

I think it was about four accounts in the past few days, at least. We're probably up to ~200 total now.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
All of us are Seraph, just different aspects of his shattered psyche stuck in forum purgatory.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Sailor Goon posted:

Meanwhile, Ubisoft is still on the NFT train for some reason (the reason is greed)

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-...ayers-will-love

This sounds like "what if we tried exhuming the Toys To Life genre from its grave, but saddled it with blockchain bullshit?"

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Nessus posted:

Why yes, it is I, John….Smeraph. Definitely not that other guy, Seraph, who is handsome and smart and wise, that handsome devil.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The toys to life craze was silly but at least you might get some neat little toys out of them. Hell Amiibos still get made and are good poo poo

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

BarneyAndMoe posted:

This was a good and earnest post, so I wanted to address it. Unfortunately, armchair-scientist napkin math isn't going to get you where you need to be in terms of mathematical literacy to truly understand this technology.

Let's leave the statistics to the real scientists:

https://river.com/learn/files/river-lightning-report-2023.pdf

I'm not sure what you think you're proving with that news snippet. Take the 691.2k transactions per day I already gave you and multiply it by the number of days in August. That's way more than 6.6 million. You're literally making the argument that the network running even slower is a good thing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Where are all the lightning network users? If I wasn't as online as I am I wouldn't even know it existed.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

PrettySusIfUAskMe posted:

btw Baldur's Gate 3 is really good you guys

You only like it because of Soul Coins

Except Soul Coins have worth, value and can be traded for currency

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Songbearer posted:

You only like it because of Soul Coins

Except Soul Coins have worth, value and can be traded for currency

https://www.coinbase.com/price/cryptosoul

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

SettingSun posted:

Where are all the lightning network users? If I wasn't as online as I am I wouldn't even know it existed.
The same imaginary places that "accepts" buttcoin natively. Also we're adding a boondoggle system to the perfect bitcoin network because instead of solving this problem natively...never mind, did you see the latest buttcoin price?????

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah we are well past the point NFTs are worth money for being greedy

Like maybe an influencer can still do a small pump and dump but that’s about it

It's greed and also credulous, stubborn stupidity, because they think they have a cheat code for infinite money if they just hit the right buttons again.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I don't remember most of the details of Lightning, but I think it was gone over earlier. I think the practical upshot, at least from the end user's point of view, is that every single possible combination of people needs its own subnetwork or some dumb bullshit like that? I think the way it shakes out is "I would need to set up an account at every single place I do business."

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

MechaCrash posted:

I don't remember most of the details of Lightning, but I think it was gone over earlier. I think the practical upshot, at least from the end user's point of view, is that every single possible combination of people needs its own subnetwork or some dumb bullshit like that? I think the way it shakes out is "I would need to set up an account at every single place I do ANYbusiness OF ANY TYPE OR VOLUME."

In Boise for one night on business? Hope you don’t mind setting up reciprocal Lightning Network nodes and fully fund them with Marge’s Dinner Hut’s IT Department.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

MechaCrash posted:

I don't remember most of the details of Lightning,

Her real name is Claire Farron.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Huh? There's exactly 2.
1 is the guy making transactions, and he's also the second guy receiving this boatload of transactions.

Seriously nobody uses this poo poo for anything but gambling, why would anyone try to delude the truth on that matter?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Agents are GO! posted:

Final Fantasy 13 was the first FF I played to completion.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lammasu posted:

Final Fantasy 13 was the first FF I played to completion.
This is the saddest sentence I've ever read in this thread.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Agents are GO! posted:

and shes real and she lives in france

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

SettingSun posted:

i have never played a final fantasy game to completion

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hello Sailor posted:

That's a much less sad sentence.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hello Sailor posted:

Did you beat any of them though?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

I have played every Final Fantasy game to completion and I'm incredibly sad

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Wondering where all the posts came from and hey look who got paid recently

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t think this was meant as a challenge but if we’re already competing anyways…

SettingSun posted:

Final Fantasy 13 was the first FF I watched someone play to completion.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Agents are GO! posted:

Even all the garbage ones after they got rid of the standard battle system? (All final fantasy's after 10, aka the last good Final Fantasy)

Wow

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Agents are GO! posted:

I have played every Final Fantasy game to completion

In the biblical sense

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Hello Sailor posted:

Same

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Really? What about 14? :v: I finished 2-6 and mystic quest but after that ...eh.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Speaking of Square Enix, they are still gung ho about NFTs. Symbiogenesis will have its first real mint this month, and if you want to be a minter you gotta play ball.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Agents are GO! posted:

can i buy an NFT of you doing that so that it will instead be me who did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not that surprised with 13 really, given its whole thing is being insanely linear and literally playing itself.