Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Wrestlers are just fuckin' stupid, man

That seconds-long video: more or less depressing than what will be shown happening to the Von Erichs in the upcoming sports film of the year The Iron Claw from the hit studio A24?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

SEAdLINNNG has a better women's division and they just have 2 permanent signed wrestlers right now, never mind the loaded Stardom roster. Behave yourself

SEAdLINNNG…

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
If case anyone cares, next Wednesday during AEW Dynamite WWE Superstar Becky Lynch is going to be on Celebrity Jeopardy against Red Letter Media's Macaulay Culkin and Saturday Night Live's Rachel Dratch.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Chris James 2 posted:

That seconds-long video: more or less depressing than what will be shown happening to the Von Erichs in the upcoming sports film of the year The Iron Claw from the hit studio A24?

No one is gonna remember that tomorrow, let alone a week from now.

Anyways, I've seen stuff as bad as that in Stardom pretty often, and it would be in that situation, too. Like in the ring they can be hard hitting but the incidental spots around the ring they can be quite lazy. Can't tell you how many times I've seen Oedo Tai attack wrestler outside the ring, that wrestler's second tries to stop it and is repelled with as much effort as it would take to repel a toddler.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Why is the Home Alone kid considered part of Red Letter Media instead of being hailed as the weird child star and why isn't Saturday Night Live considered the Keenan Thompson show

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

If case anyone cares, next Wednesday during AEW Dynamite WWE Superstar Becky Lynch is going to be on Celebrity Jeopardy against Red Letter Media's Macaulay Culkin and Saturday Night Live's Rachel Dratch.

Notify me instead when it's actual superstar celebrity Rich Evans and not someone like Mack or Becky Lynch

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Tampa Bae posted:

Why is the Home Alone kid considered part of Red Letter Media instead of being hailed as the weird child star and why isn't Saturday Night Live considered the Keenan Thompson show

He's had more entertaining hours of airtime on their Youtube channel than he did in actual movies at this point

Drakkel fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 12, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Drakkel posted:

He's had entertaining hours of airtime on their Youtube channel than he did in actual movies at this point
I've never actually seen anything Culkin was in, I didn't grow up in America but 30 hours of podcasts is probably more entertaining than the one or two good movies he was in 25 years ago

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

Jeopardy airs right before Dynamite for me so might watch this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa Bae posted:

I've never actually seen anything Culkin was in, I didn't grow up in America but 30 hours of podcasts is probably more entertaining than the one or two good movies he was in 25 years ago

I would probably guess 5 or 6 good movies but Red Letter Media is a treasure either way

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I would probably guess 5 or 6 good movies but Red Letter Media is a treasure either way

Home Alone 1 and 2, Richie Rich, Uncle Buck and the one where he is evil. What else even was there?!

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

Home Alone 1 and 2, Richie Rich, Uncle Buck and the one where he is evil. What else even was there?!

my girl, the movie that made me kinda terrified of bees

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
edit: ^^^ lol

Grendels Dad posted:

The one where with Anna Chumsley where he gets stung by a bee and dies.

duckdealer posted:

Jeopardy airs right before Dynamite for me so might watch this.

Extra FYI Celebrity Jeopardy isn't the normal one but the special one in primetime on ABC

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

That movie where Frodo was his costar and he was a real poo poo.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Grendels Dad posted:

He was good in Saved!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

That's the one where he was evil(er) and it's actually quite good.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

edit: ^^^ lol

The one where with Anna Chumsley where he gets stung by a bee and dies.

Extra FYI Celebrity Jeopardy isn't the normal one but the special one in primetime on ABC

Ah, good to know.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

and the one where he is evil.

The Good Son. My first ever time hearing the f bomb. Not sure why my mom wanted to watch this with me.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Don't forget party monster!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Grendels Dad posted:

edogawa rando posted:

Grendels Dad posted:

That's the one where he was evil(er) and it's actually quite good.

*The CineD in me rises* it’s [b]The Good Son dammit! (1993 , DP John Lindley).

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Okay the Good Son does end with Maculay Culkin's mom basically going "Eh gently caress it he's evil" and letting him fall off a cliff to his death so that is pretty good yeah.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Home Alone is one thing but Mac is the Junka champion and should be hailed as such

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grendels Dad posted:

Saved! and The Good Son for sure were on my list with the Home Alones and Uncle Buck

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Kennel posted:

Her Mania match was probably the best American women's match I've seen this year, so she definitely has the talent when needed.

Truth. Her and Rhea tore it up. She can can go when she wants to, but like 90% of the time she's just lazy and sloppy. Like late stage WCW Kevin Nash or 2011 Carlito. She's one of the only wrestlers that can have the best women's match of the year and also the worst in the same year.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The best Macaulay Caulkin movie is Jacob's Ladder.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bartok posted:

The best Macaulay Caulkin movie is his appearances on Red Letter Media

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Home Alone is one thing but Mac is the Junka champion and should be hailed as such

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

WWE wrestlers don't even get to be listed as just their name in movies lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, during her NXT days, Charlotte was pretty widely praised on these forums for her athleticism.

Yeah but we're not talking about something that happened 8-10 years ago. We've got people on these very forums regularly insisting she's amazing and a great worker. I don't understand how.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That's notvmore confusing than the number of people who insist she's the greatest women's wrestler ever and they mean it sincerely. She's the fourth best in the four she was grouped with and you have people acting like she's the Misawa to Manami Toyota's Akira Taue.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

That's notvmore confusing than the number of people who insist she's the greatest women's wrestler ever and they mean it sincerely. She's the fourth best in the four she was grouped with and you have people acting like she's the Misawa to Manami Toyota's Akira Taue.

Oh yeah that's on a whole other level of crazy.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but we're not talking about something that happened 8-10 years ago. We've got people on these very forums regularly insisting she's amazing and a great worker. I don't understand how.

Because some people are extremely fed-brained, is how.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
In a lot of ways, Charlotte is essentially WWE's version of Britt Baker.

Both the boss' favorite. Decent promos. Not the best wrestler in their respective stables.

Difference is that Charlotte can do better as a worker while Britt wrestles to the level of her opponent. However, Britt had good HMOTY contenders with Thunder Rosa and they don't like each other irl, I think.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Charlotte vs. Rhea at Mania is overrated. Good back half but am incredibly boring build-up that didn't actually build anything up.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Britt is a much better promo than Charlotte

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Can someone point me to a recent good-ish promo from Charlotte? Maybe even one that did happen outside of the road to WM, because duh that's the one time of the year where people try.

It would be pretty funny if people defended her work based on, like, five days out of a whole year of dogshit laziness.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

Can someone point me to a recent good-ish promo from Charlotte? Maybe even one that did happen outside of the road to WM, because duh that's the one time of the year where people try.

It would be pretty funny if people defended her work based on, like, five days out of a whole year of dogshit laziness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcBya-Ndak

wwe promo classes are second to none, it's no wonder why the Superstars get poached by Hollywood all the time

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcBya-Ndak

wwe promo classes are second to none, it's no wonder why the Superstars get poached by Hollywood all the time

It won't be long before we see "WWE Superstar Jade Cargill" in the credits of some big blockbuster, once she does a backstage segment of this caliber

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you know whats interesting to me is that later homes alone adopted richie rich elements - being rich, going from a big house to a lavish big rear end mansion, wacky gadgets. while on the other hand later richie rich films adopted elements of home alone, like christmas, christmas capers, and home defense from burglars and other enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

That DICK! posted:

you know whats interesting to me is that later homes alone adopted richie rich elements - being rich, going from a big house to a lavish big rear end mansion, wacky gadgets. while on the other hand later richie rich films adopted elements of home alone, like christmas, christmas capers, and home defense from burglars and other enemies.

there was more than one Ritchie Rich movie?