Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of the later tasks requires 50,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Bravely Second is the direct sequel to Bravely Default. Both are 3DS only.

Bravely Default 2 is a game with a different story and a cast of characters, and several other different things that made people dislike the game compared to its predecessors.

BD2 is straight up worse than bravely second unfortunately. It’s not really worth playing now with so many jrpgs on the system

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Been playing Elechead and it's both simple and also pretty tricky. I think I've reached a point where I need to use a guide to find some of the collectables cause I've gone over the map a couple of times and I'm still missing half of them. Real cool puzzle platformer, recommended for fans of the genre.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Why is it funny?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it's the code, LAHA8LUA USA. say it out loud a few times, you'll get it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can someone just spell out what its supposed to sound like bc I'm a dummy who doesnt get it

la-hate-loo-ahh-oosa?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You wouldn’t get it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

but the nice poster above me said i would :(

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

If a squat lookin Mario standing unassumingly by himself in a white void doesn't fill you with a child-like sense of mirth and wonder then there's just nothing to say

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If they think that Mario by himself is funny, wait until they find out the original game exists and see that cover. :xd:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though if you count Yoshi I believe Mario World was the first one NOT to show Mario by himself (as far as the US covers go that is, I believe the Japanese ones were a bit more detailed).

Come to think of it, what was the first game to show Luigi on the cover? Mario is Missing?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zuzie posted:

The only spoiler I want to see is if the one hidden chest that can be lost forever can still be lost forever.

no, they moved it and you can get it anytime now

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hell yeah mario rpg leaked and it's so good.

year of nintendo confirmed

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Some things about Mario RPG feel kind of off. For example, I swear I've missed more in my few hours playing this than I have in entire playthroughs of the original, and there's a new mechanic where sometimes a "Special Enemy" will show up and just have massively boosted stats and they drop frog coins, but it's not particularly worth it to fight them because they're almost as tough as bosses in some cases and often get to go first and more than once have dropped a party member instantly. So just running into them constantly is a pain in the rear end.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Some things about Mario RPG feel kind of off. For example, I swear I've missed more in my few hours playing this than I have in entire playthroughs of the original, and there's a new mechanic where sometimes a "Special Enemy" will show up and just have massively boosted stats and they drop frog coins, but it's not particularly worth it to fight them because they're almost as tough as bosses in some cases and often get to go first and more than once have dropped a party member instantly. So just running into them constantly is a pain in the rear end.

Well you're emulating it and it just leaked as v1.0. You can't make any conclusions on this lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Nuebot posted:

Shut up bitch.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Nuebot posted:

yep seems like a skill issue

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

hatty posted:

yep seems like a skill issue

It is, you just kill them first. It's the game basically handing you a free frog coin.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Larryb posted:

Though if you count Yoshi I believe Mario World was the first one NOT to show Mario by himself (as far as the US covers go that is, I believe the Japanese ones were a bit more detailed).

Come to think of it, what was the first game to show Luigi on the cover? Mario is Missing?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I respect someone who isn't embarrassed to log onto these forums and post "Super Mario RPG is too hard for me."

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

MassRafTer posted:

I respect someone who isn't embarrassed to log onto these forums and post "Super Mario RPG is too hard for me."

:hai:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Atario Brothers

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

lmao

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MassRafTer posted:

I respect someone who isn't embarrassed to log onto these forums and post "Super Mario RPG is too expensive for me."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

weird choice to make Culex have a chance to show up in any random encounter

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

idk about that cartidge being funny but i like this

https://twitter.com/StarkMaximum/status/1719902881275335135/

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

weird choice to make Culex have a chance to show up in any random encounter

That's their anti-piracy. People can't help but self-report.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mario RPG having tough enemies would be a loving treat

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

if they've changed the name of Neosquid i'm boycotting

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Mario RPG having tough enemies would be a loving treat

it does have stronger enemies sometimes as mentioned, but you can just time your defense and it's fine. absolutely a skill issue

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
godspeed, goon pirates

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ramie posted:

idk about that cartidge being funny but i like this

https://twitter.com/StarkMaximum/status/1719902881275335135/

That’s hilarious, I love it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Does mario rpg have fishing

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

they fixed the mouth's name but every single other enemy is now called Neosquid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

goethe.cx posted:

start boycotting

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't even loving remember an enemy called neosquid and it's weird how attached to it people are

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

neosquid was the name of the big sword boss's mouth. it was very odd and didn't make sense so people latched onto it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at the time of playing most of us didn't know how things like translation errors occurred so when we finally got to fight the giant menacing sword we'd been looking at all game and his main body part was called "neosquid" part of our brains decided to keep that mystery on file forever