Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

vacuum cleaner? weee!

https://i.imgur.com/5bdLuRa.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

…where are you?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

That appears to be the library at Dartmoor in The Wrath Termination, everyone's least favorite escalation campaign from the 7 Deadly Sins.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ohh I should play those.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I've got detailed reviews/tips/guides to the deadly seven starting here with links to posts on the other sins (and also all the other escalations) at the bottom of the post. Wrath was time-consuming, but my most hated sins are still Sloth (basically the anti-fun, just atrocious) followed closely by Greed (a series of incredibly touchy manhitting if you're 100%ing).

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
New Winter Roadmap is live:

Excited for the new suits and a bit curious as to how many/if any of the new ET's will come to the arcade.

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 9, 2023

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Elusive Target: Galore

Hmmm, done a lot of ET Arcades and I don't recognize that name....wait, does that mean two new elusives in one year?

e: I clicked through to the post and sadly no. They're just going to chain-run a bunch of existing ones

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 9, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Christmas Sweater :stwoon:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

That Christmas Sweater :stwoon:

It's a hobby, Ms Savalas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Did I miss the full Halloween suit with pumpkin head?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Did I miss the full Halloween suit with pumpkin head?

It’s a new challenge associated with the mills reverie escalation. Also it’s bright orange, you can’t really miss it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's a hobby, Ms Savalas.

Diana: All of your targets are horrible people who have committed terrible crimes, 47.
47: Ok :geno:
Diana: It's important you know the context, and why it's a good thing that these people die.
47: If you insist. :geno:
Diana: For example, Sylvio Caruso murdered his own mother and is making an incurable airborne virus that can kill anybody anywhere in the world.
47: Alright then. :geno:
Diana: Robert Knox and Sierra Knox were complicit in a war crime.
47: Very well. :geno:
Diana: And Athena Savalas is a bank manager.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Oh, 47, Dino Bosco is unable to be removed from his role as director without breaking his contract. So I guess we are killing him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this guy is selling forged art!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

Oh, 47, Dino Bosco is unable to be removed from his role as director without breaking his contract. So I guess we are killing him?

Diana: His last movie was trash and if I can't get my two hours back he'll pay another way!
47: I see zero difference between this and the War Crimes one :geno:

Edit: Although my favorite reaction to one of 47's targets being killed is still:

https://i.imgur.com/6E14VQ4.mp4

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The Noel Crest kill is still a case where 47 could literally hand the guy his earpiece and he'd no longer be a problem.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Let's be honest, 47 just wants the backstory so he can plan for the most ironic kills.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i told you guys

https://twitter.com/spherection/status/1723235983741813048?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing. Fincher just decided to make a Hitman movie without the baggage associated with the other attempts. :allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Clearly The Killer should be an upcoming ET.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Clearly The Killer should be an upcoming ET.

Yes and expand on the Berlin gimmick to have the target change clothes and switch to a different routine to try to evade you.

NPCs already change clothes in Chongqing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Collector is even an existing ET that changes clothes and routine.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

just eliminated THE DROP and didn't realize until afterwards that doing so gave you his lovely clubwear lol

i couldn't find an especially fun way to do it so I just lethal syringed him at the end of the club owner meeting :shrug:

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Just watched The Killer and yeah, it's very Hitman, except for all the darkly comedic stuff from the games. Worth watching, great movie.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Rythian posted:

Just watched The Killer and yeah, it's very Hitman, except for all the darkly comedic stuff from the games. Worth watching, great movie.

Shame that there are a bunch of songs from a far right piece of poo poo running through the movie, which I really wish wasn't the case :smith:. Let's hope the actual 47 listens to different music at least.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Is the Arrange Meeting objective still borked? I was doing a final showdown the other day, and the very first suspect I came across fit all the traits and I got a little trigger happy and popped them before remembering I was supposed to arrange a meeting. But the objective didn't auto-fail, which seemed to imply that it was still possible to complete it by grabbing the phone of a different suspect? Arranging a meeting using the phone from the leader, however, both didn't work and didn't lure anybody to it, and I was consequently unable to set a meeting with a different phone because the first meeting was still active.

All in all, it was still pretty satisfying to finish the final showdown in under 3 minutes, 5000 mercs be damned.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rochallor posted:

Is the Arrange Meeting objective still borked?

Yes

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Shame that there are a bunch of songs from a far right piece of poo poo running through the movie, which I really wish wasn't the case :smith:. Let's hope the actual 47 listens to different music at least.

Canonically I'm pretty sure he listens to like, opera and classical

No worries, no conservative reactionaries there lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Wolfsheim posted:

Canonically I'm pretty sure he listens to like, opera and classical

*looks at the DJ-setup in the safehouse basement*

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

All EDM is ontologically evil that doesnt help his argument

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did IOI break Bangkok at some point? I'm trying to do the mission story with the microphone, I've got to the point where you do the jam session and Wes keeps cutting it off as soon as it starts then restarting immediately.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Dabir posted:

Did IOI break Bangkok at some point? I'm trying to do the mission story with the microphone, I've got to the point where you do the jam session and Wes keeps cutting it off as soon as it starts then restarting immediately.

I had an issue with Bangkok recently too, but with the cake topper story; Jordan just never came down for the party. I'm a bit suspicious given your similar experience.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The scripting around the events in Bangkok has always been at least a little buggy, I believe tied to some interaction between Jordan and his agent.

Is anyone aware of any documentation of how the dealer and agency stash spawns in freelancer work? I'm trying to figure out why I virtually never find guns in them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

The scripting around the events in Bangkok has always been at least a little buggy, I believe tied to some interaction between Jordan and his agent.

Is anyone aware of any documentation of how the dealer and agency stash spawns in freelancer work? I'm trying to figure out why I virtually never find guns in them.

No documentation but I can give you my anecdotal experience:

- You will only find Common and Rare items
- It will be mostly pistols, with a couple of shotguns and SMGs as well. The Bartoli Sawed-Off (non-gold), Dak Black Covert, and TAC-SMG are confirmed to be there, but I can't remember any of the others. All Common or Rare pistols can appear there.
- Melee items can show up, but it was so exceedingly rare for me I can only remember it happening twice - the Quickdraw and Concealable Baton.

How to actually find them, I can't offer anything. I found anywhere from 3-7 per Prestige, and went from finding 0 on a full campaign, to 2 in a single mission.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I set Rogueless Freelancer to spawn as many safes and crates as possible so every spawn on the entire map is full of the drat things and I still can't make heads or tails of how their contents are determined.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Dabir posted:

That one was always fairly...sensitive...for me, shall we say. I spent a good 40 minutes figuring out how to get it working in the end, but this was, like, two years ago, so I've forgotten exactly how that was, by now. Sorry.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dabir posted:

Had a similar issue the last time I did that mission story. I think the online solution I found was that I needed to bump into Wes to either move him a bit or to interrupt his routine.

Edit: Or maybe I even set off an explosion on a nearby balcony to panic him for a bit. Either way, Wes might be the issue.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 16, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Completely unsurprised that level is so buggy since it's one of the worst

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah I mean the context here is that I'm just now getting around to checking off the mission stories there again, when 3's been out for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The challenges related to mission stories in Hitman 3 didn't carry over from 2, so I also did several of them again waiting for the first patch for Freelancer mode. I don't remember Bangkok having this (kind of) issue when ported to 2.