Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On the other hand, deregulation of the airline industry has improved consumer choice and truly made air travel accessible to everyone with minimal impact to safety

we’re all gonna die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Volkova III posted:

If he hates being hated, has Elon tried not being such an awful piece of poo poo?

We're more likely to see Eric Adams turn over a new leaf than Elon

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

pantslesswithwolves posted:

On the other hand, deregulation of the airline industry has improved consumer choice and truly made air travel accessible to everyone with minimal impact to safety

we’re all gonna die

used to be you didn't even have the option of opening the windows

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope Elon completes the Lowtax speed run and that's how he's referred to for eternity on the wikis. Imagine your lasting impact being to elevate a D-tier internet celebrity just so that people can compare your failed rear end to that idiot.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

I hope Elon completes the Lowtax speed run and that's how he's referred to for eternity on the wikis. Imagine your lasting impact being to elevate a D-tier internet celebrity just so that people can compare your failed rear end to that idiot.

He still needs to get his rear end beat in the boxing ring first

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Arc Light posted:

He still needs to get his rear end beat in the boxing ring first

And unfortunately Zuckerberg tore his ACL.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'll do it. Someone give me a few g's to set up a blue check bot farm so I can dump on him on Twitter.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
how did the pilots not notice the cabin couldnt pressurize??

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

My Spirit Otter posted:

Look, it made a lot of noise, so they pulled that breaker

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My Spirit Otter posted:

Hypoxia

Not really.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think the inner pane was still in place, it was the outer lane and the fittings that had gone awol.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

they were only at 10k feet, it was still ambient

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Chillwave wind beats to study to

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

I sometimes forget to close my campervans roof window and it gets very noticable in any speed. The noise must have been amazing.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

When I was a kid, we could make the driver of the bus big mad by putting a window down at an angle, making a triangular hole that would make an awesome whistle. With the shape of the windows and the long fuselage, I wonder if you could make the world's worst flute with an airliner. Shuffle the drink carts along the aisle for slide whistle action!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Make sure to leave out Rip Its and Liqueur for Veteran Santa when he comes down the chimney
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets, hug your DD-214 tight.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Make sure to leave out Rip Its and Liqueur for Veteran Santa when he comes down the chimney
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets, hug your DD-214 tight.

I went to go see some poor jrotc kids freezing their rear end off in their uniforms in mid-40 degree rain marching down the street, while I was warm and dry under an awning. Happy veterans day indeed

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

I went to go see some poor jrotc kids freezing their rear end off in their uniforms in mid-40 degree rain marching down the street, while I was warm and dry under an awning. Happy veterans day indeed

Did that Friday at my kids school, holy crap they can't march to save their lives

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Uh yeah it's november

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Did that Friday at my kids school, holy crap they can't march to save their lives

Their platoon sergeant calling cadence couldn't keep a steady pace, and every 4th cadet was completely out of step and having to execute a change step to get back on time. A quick "Left, left, left right!" to get people back on step ain't too hard if you can't manage to call a steady cadence. Can't really hold it against them though, they play army for a couple hours a day and haven't had basic drill and ceremony ground into them to the point of muscle memory.

To be fair though I'd probably struggle more than I think I would keeping a steady pace marching having been out for 6 years.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wait until you’re out for 25 years and climbing up a 10” ladder is taking your life into your hands

BTW happy belated birthday, Marines

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Because I was curious, Wikipedia says;

“In a February 2000 testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, the armed service chiefs of staff testified that 30%–50% of graduating JROTC cadets go on to join the military”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

If they could march they’d be in the band

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

orange juche posted:

To be fair though I'd probably struggle more than I think I would keeping a steady pace marching having been out for 6 years.

you really wouldnt. i thought my drill would suck after being out for 8 years but it turns out that the choreography and theatrics of the military are super simple and its like riding a bike

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
At my school, you had to take 2 years of JROTC or 2 years of PE. So, in the lower classes, it was mostly slacker kids who didn't want to take gym class.

If you stuck around through senior year, you had to be really into it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

If they could march they’d be in the band

Touche.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/CavasShips/status/1723775377141592179?t=kOIpBjl_Nkj8T1qGTegwHg&s=19

:(

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

But... but gym class was created to foster strong conscripts for the army, how can such corruption to the system be tolerated? This is very un-german.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67398905

helicopter blood lust cannot be sated

quote:

Five American service members have died in a helicopter crash in the eastern Mediterranean, the US military says.

It says the aircraft suffered a mishap while refuelling as part of a routine training exercise.
the rest of the article has nothing to do with it. doesn't say much.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It was Night Stalkers.

5 U.S. Special Operations Forces Killed in Helicopter Crash in Mediterranean

The helicopter crew members who died were members of the Army’s elite 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, known as the Night Stalkers, and are among the aviators assigned to ferry the commandos on clandestine missions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/12/us/politics/us-service-members-killed-crash.html?smid=tw-share

That sucks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67398905

helicopter blood lust cannot be sated

the rest of the article has nothing to do with it. doesn't say much.

gently caress helicopters

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Fox NFL post game show had the announcers in front of an Osprey, c’mon.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Blackhawks can’t let the Ospreys be the only airframe getting fed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

Blackhawks can’t let the Ospreys be the only airframe getting fed.

Like spores, Helicopters have to regularly seek blood sacrifices to spread their seed and create new helicopter offspring.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Does the president fly around in an Osprey, now? I swear I saw that on the news and couldn’t believe they’d even take the chance…

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
The Osprey is still safer than other helicopters

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Natty Ninefingers posted:

The Osprey is still safer than other helicopters

Because by virtue of some percentage of time it's an airplane?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

ADF after an MRH90 kills a buch of Aussies- ground them and buy more Blackhawks as replacements
ADF on reading the news today- ....gently caress

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Does the president fly around in an Osprey, now? I swear I saw that on the news and couldn’t believe they’d even take the chance…

The MV-22s aren't used for VIP transport, they typically carry additional staff, security, and reporters etc while the President flies in 60 year old SH-3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's perfectly safe.

When the US military finds an Osprey pilot who can land without crashing, they're immediately vectored to the presidential support unit.