Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Tuek posted:

A lot of garbage to clean up in my town tonight

i thought it was a "please take one" situation in case i found one of them in my closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Spoondick posted:

i don't doubt the whole situation is stoking anti-semitism but so far we've seen a 6 year old get stabbed to death and a college student get run down by car over this and they were both muslim, i feel like actual specific violent acts against jews would get a lot of media right now so im wondering what kind of anti-semitic attacks they're specifically seeing (and not just people calling in pro-palestine graffiti)

There was a report on "400% increase in antisemitism" https://www.adl.org/resources/press-release/adl-records-dramatic-increase-us-antisemitic-incidents-following-oct-7

It has a sample of the reported incidents:

quote:

* On Oct. 8 in Clifton, NJ: A car with individuals holding Palestinian flags appeared to intentionally swerve out of its lane, nearly hitting a visibly Jewish family.
* On Oct. 9 in Detroit, MI: A Jewish student was harassed, shoved and called "loving Zionist" while painting a free speech rock with an Israeli flag on the campus of Wayne State University.
* On Oct. 10 in Los Angeles, CA: An individual shouted "I am Hamas" and made death threats to Jewish individuals standing by a Kosher restaurant.
* On Oct. 12 in Indianapolis, IN: A man carrying an Israeli flag was allegedly assaulted by a pro-Palestinian protestor.
* On Oct. 15 in New York, NY: An individual allegedly punched a Jewish woman in the face at Grand Central Terminal. When she asked why, he responded: "You are Jewish."
* On Oct. 15 in Walnut Creek, CA: White Lives Matter California, a white supremacist group, held a rally on a highway overpass and displayed signs stating: "Save Gaza," "No More Wars for Is$rael" and "Watch Europa the Last Battle.”
* On Oct. 18 in New York, NY: A group of Israeli individuals were harassed and at least one assaulted by a pro-Palestinian protestor in Times Square.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1723567952962769028

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thank you for your service... so pissed off at these racist rear end posters. "Kidnapping?" Seriously, Zionists? Because Arabs are all goat thieves, right? /s

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
* On Oct. 10 in Los Angeles, CA: An individual shouted "I am Hamas"

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

tatankatonk posted:

lol

that person could be any one of us

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Sancho Banana posted:

Combatants rank up to corporal quite literally by finishing their training, so no, there are zero of them on the battlefield.

lmao what

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rgocs posted:

There was a report on "400% increase in antisemitism" https://www.adl.org/resources/press-release/adl-records-dramatic-increase-us-antisemitic-incidents-following-oct-7

It has a sample of the reported incidents:

what is visibly Jewish unless it was one of the ultra orthodox

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tatankatonk posted:

lol

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

congrats on making their list, lpzie

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

spacemang_spliff posted:

gently caress that looks good

Its super good for hot days as well, electrolytes and what not.

We were at a music festival at like 31 c and I got like 4 cups of those fuckers cuz they were like 3 dollars.

That lil booth was going through them like crazy.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

can't wait to wake up and check this thread or twitter or wherever and see a bunch of atrocities

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

not minimizing this tragedy because i think it stinks - but if you have to writhe around on a floor covered in burns, its hard to find a more hygienic floor than that of a hospital. they typically are coated with a special antimicrobial agent

ilu but I'm starting to get kinda :chloe: about the particular posts to which you reply itt.

maybe stick to the random one-offs instead.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

the final worded statement from the losers and prostitutes at the riyadh summit is out, all talk, probably no actions will be taken. these loving whores wont even commit to sanctioning israel or cutting all relations with them. loving dogs.

------------

Statement of the Arab Islamic Summit: We call for an end to the export of weapons to Israel
The final statement of the joint Arab-Islamic summit:

The joint Arab-Islamic Summit calls for breaking the siege on Gaza and imposing the entry of Arab, Islamic and international humanitarian aid convoys.
The Joint Arab Islamic Summit calls on all countries to stop exporting weapons and ammunition to Israel.
The Arab Islamic Summit condemns the Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip, the war crimes, and the barbaric, brutal and inhumane massacres committed by the colonial occupation government.
The Arab Islamic Summit rejects describing this revenge war as self-defense or justifying it under any pretext.

An ode to Al-SAQR: I hope this image brings you an ounce of joy.
https://x.com/ashfaq_ali4049/status/1723558744750256252?s=20
Also- who knew MBS is going bald. Might have to add Rogaine to that atrociously long no-no list

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VomitOnLino posted:

I am not sure I like this bit, cal

thought it was just me

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what is visibly Jewish unless it was one of the ultra orthodox
i dunno but i was accosted by an anti-semite once in public and i'm not even jewish

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brucolac posted:

Anyone not fully in the tank for Israel is actually Hamas

yeah but i think most people in the tank for israel are no scope blown up at this point

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

thought it was just me

sometimes jokes don't work out so well
it is what it is
we all move on
or don't

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
How has MBS not ponied up for hair plugs. insane

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All the Mélanie Joly signs in my neighborhood have stuff like "pro-genocide" written on them.

We have large lebanese and armenian communities around here.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The real tragedy with a genocide going on is what makes an American slightly uncomfortable. We better put like 10 NGOs, all of the mainstream media, and some lobbyist groups on it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently it's four months to make corporal and eighteen months to make sergeant

That seems fast

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Apparently it's four months to make corporal and eighteen months to make sergeant

That seems fast

So it's General after 3 years then. Seems reasonable.

Captain Major Sargeant Master Gunner Leutenant Warrant Officer Pantshitter reporting for duty, Sir.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

tatankatonk posted:

he knows what can happen when you go under the knife

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"The Biden administration asks for clarification for Netanyahu's statement: 'Israel will remain in control of the strip'"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1723575625514930600?t=yFZweyJVeTAiLSlnG5EoYg&s=19

quote:

[...]America's foreign minister Anthony Blinken signaled the final destination this week for the day after the victory over Hamas - control over Gaza and Judea and Samaria [the west bank] by the Palestinian Authority. Therefore, in the [biden] administration, they're trying to understand what Netanyahu meant in his statement.

In his statement yesterday at a press conference, Netanyahu referred to the issue of "the day after" the war in the strip and said that "we won't agree under any conditions to give up our secure control over Gaza." "In the day after", [he] added, "Gaza will be demilitarized, and there will no longer be a threat to Israel from the strip." On the option of creating settlements in Gaza, [he] said that he "doesn't think it's a realistic goal."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A woman on Facebook posted 'i will destroy isis' my Jewish friend thought it said I will destroy Israel and started sending her death threats

The Jews are tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

A woman on Facebook posted 'i will destroy isis' my Jewish friend thought it said I will destroy Israel and started sending her death threats

thanks obamisrael

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

in all seriousness tho get off facebook

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

rgocs posted:

On Oct. 15 in New York, NY: An individual allegedly punched a Jewish woman in the face at Grand Central Terminal. When she asked why, he responded: "You are Jewish."

New season of Curb?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tatankatonk posted:

It's more dignified and manly to shave your head entirely (make sure you can pull this off, of course - don't be scrawny) than engage in hair shame products.

Of course if you still have hair then you also need a good barber to make the most of it.

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Your friend loving sucks, lmao

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sending people death threats was comical and something we made fun of in the early 2000s. Ideally originating from video game trolling and buttmad participants.

If people just didn't post their whole lives online - like we said they shouldn't - this would never be an issue today. Regrettably most people are dumb irredeemable morons. Ah, alas.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

gradenko_2000 posted:

That seems fast

Depends on the job. For combatants, Corporal is given when they finish their training, and Sergeant after 16 months in the force.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

Depends on the job. For combatants, Corporal is given when they finish their training, and Sergeant after 16 months in the force.

So basically a Private in the Australian army is more competent and has more experience than a Sergeant in the IDF. Huh.

I stand by my previous WTF are these guys doing comments that insinuate they hand out ranks like prizes from a box of Kellog's cornflakes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys I'm a Field Wing Marshal Air Commander in the IDF armored tank air division.

Oh no the touchpad on my killfuck murdertank got dust on it and now it's locked the hatch and driving me at full speed into the red sea. Has anyone got the number for tech support? Ah nuts, my latte spilled.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sancho Banana posted:

thank you for the additional information but also lol lmao that's even shorter

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DancingShade posted:

I stand by my previous WTF are these guys doing comments that insinuate they hand out ranks like prizes from a box of Kellog's cornflakes.

Encouraging people from America to come LARP and shoot kids so they can say they're high-ranking military personnel?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Now according to the Guardian, the IDF has declared Al Shifa isn’t just has a Hamas bunker under it but THE bunker and all of Hamas will collapse if they take it.

I am a little bit skeptical a decentralized resistance movement with tunnels all over the place is going to work like that.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

DancingShade posted:

So basically a Private in the Australian army is more competent and has more experience than a Sergeant in the IDF. Huh.

The more I learn about the IDF the more it seems like it’s just this strange, kind of hollow PR organization designed to hand out participation trophies to genocide helpers. Like everybody gets to feel super badass because they or at least most of their country are tough military veterans, you get to brag about your twenty year old nephew making General, you got guns everywhere and tanks and the iron dome and your boys go blow up terrorists all the time so there’s a steady drip of glorious success stories

But then something actually happens and the prisoner you’ve been torturing for decades is kicking your rear end with both hands tied behind his back, and it seems like the focus may have shifted a little bit between the place where you got the idea and the idea as you have implemented it. You can hand out all the merit badges to every kid on the first day of cub scouts, and I’m sure everyone would be very excited, but they’re still liable to get lost in the woods and have a real bad time if they don’t know how to do any scout stuff

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 08:33 on Nov 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ardennes posted:

Now according to the Guardian, the IDF has declared Al Shifa isn’t just has a Hamas bunker under it but THE bunker and all of Hamas will collapse if they take it.

I am a little bit skeptical a decentralized resistance movement with tunnels all over the place is going to work like that.

That is so they can pull out afterwards and say “mission accomplished”, we destroyed the Terror Bunker that’s totally worth killing 4K kids and 10k’s of civilians.