Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally got Keqing. Also I'm at the part of the Sumeru quest where people keep saying "canned knowledge" and it's an extremely funny phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

For the Japanese-readers among us, at some point near the end of 3.x, the Japanese translation actually rewrote the flavour text on the Hydro ascension gems to be consistent with the voice they were using for Furina once she appeared in person. It used to be:

And now it's:

Very very nice touch.

* The transcription I found online, at least, is missing the second half of this line, which is supposed to be missing from the Chunk, but present in the Gemstone. I obviously can't confirm if the actual in-game version also made that mistake, since it's not available anymore.

Yeah I feel like they definitely changed the concept for the character along the way. Same with Raiden who I swear they planned to be far more antagonistic than she actually ended up being. They sort of came up with the concept for Raiden Shogun in the midst of Raiden Mei's I guess "heel arc" in Honkai where she was at her arguably least likeable though so I guess the inspiration for Raiden Shogun makes some sense. The narcissism and smugness for the Hydron Archon kind of feels like it got rerolled into a more comedic personality as opposed to the hostile Marie Antoinette one I was expecting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kale posted:

Same with Raiden who I swear they planned to be far more antagonistic than she actually ended up being.
She tries to kill you! She poo poo on inazuma for a millenium! What were you actually expecting???

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Anyone with deeper theorycrafting experience than me should absolutely feel free to step in here. I play most of these characters and 36-starred for the first time yesterday but I'm nobody's idea of an expert.

That said:

- The main issue is Furina's hydro application is absolutely not enough to sustain hyperbloom by itself. So you need double hydro for the team that has her.

- Based on your other described teams, Yelan and XQ are both already spoken for. Kokomi and Shinobu on the same team is kind of redundant and Kokomi's off-field hydro application is good but not XQ-tier, so let's try pairing her with Furina.

- If we rule out Kuki and Raiden, then your only non-jank option for electro characters is if they're the driver, so probably Cyno or Razor.

If you have Cyno, EM/Electro/EM Cyno is apparently a pretty serviceable Hyperbloom driver without completely annihilating his personal damage (and Furina will also help with that), but he'll need a ton of ER to function without a second electro.

If you don't, Razor with ER / EM / EM might be the way to go. So you can do:

Razor / Furina / [Collei or DMC] / Kokomi

and it'll be jank but hyperbloom is busted so you'll probably be fine

e: or actually i might be thinking too hard and the simplest is just to use Kuki in your original hyperbloom team and use Raiden with Furina

Hyperbloom 1: Nahida / Yelan / Kuki / literally whoever, this is like every dendro character's best team lol
Hyperbloom 2: Raiden / Furina / [Collei or DMC] / Kokomi, let Kokomi drive

I think you are trying to force hyperbloom too hard in this case when you should be focusing on the aggravate portion of the damage

Cyno/Nahida/Baizhu/Furina is good, not because of the hyperblooms, its the raw damage that aggravate cyno and nahida boosted by furina does.

Alt / Nahida(or Bai)/Kuki ( or raiden) / furina is also good from a dendro main carry point of view.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think you are trying to force hyperbloom too hard in this case when you should be focusing on the aggravate portion of the damage

i agree! but was trying to fulfill the call of the request directly

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I was expecting at least one of the Pyro or Hydro archon to be loyal to Celestia. I am now waiting on the Pyro archon I guess. Celestia still feels like to me the ultimate antagonist even though like the Fatui there will 100% be some reveal that their initial actions were good for humans. It's Project STIGMA. But all the potential antagonists are kind of lacking teeth right now. The Fatui are our friends. The Abyss has been pretty easily stopped every time and the Abyss twin is not going to be evil. Celestia has just been lacking that everyone thinks it's just asleep or empty. Like if you compare the Fatui to World Serpent, World Serpent comes off way worse in what they are doing compared to the Fatui. And we have yet to meet the Tsaritsa unlike Kevin.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

She tries to kill you! She poo poo on inazuma for a millenium! What were you actually expecting???

Less heel realization and reconciliation and there not to be a version of her that would listen to reason even if her idea of convince me I'm wrong is "duel me for it". Anyway after 2.5 there's not a hint of hostility to the character and she hasn't even had to bust any heads so it's almost funny to think about how things were at the start of Inazuma when she's going around sipping Dango milk and playing trading card games with the people. If the Archon's ever start getting 3rd story quests she'll do traditional Raiden stuff again but I'm not expecting anything like that until after all the regions are revealed and we're off to the finale. I sort of envision this round trip back around the world for a year where all the Archon's get a closing 3rd story quest right before the grand finale.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'm still not entirely clear on how much of what happened on Inazuma was Ei's own will vs. the Raiden Shogun bot interpreting her programmed priorities while under the influence of Fatui and other outside parties. Like that still leaves Ei on the hook for abandoning her domain to go brood for five hundred years, but would explain the difference in overt hostility.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 11, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They should have used Furina's character quest to arrange the final scene of her demo. But with a reason for it to happen. Woulda been epic

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

What's the timeline for the sakoku decree (shutting of inazuma with storms) and the vision hunt decree? They're both within the lifetimes of relatively young characters. version 2.x spoiler: It's also her puppet that ordered both of them.

Kale
May 14, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What's the timeline for the sakoku decree (shutting of inazuma with storms) and the vision hunt decree? They're both within the lifetimes of relatively young characters. version 2.x spoiler: It's also her puppet that ordered both of them.

I think the Vision Hunt decree had been in place for a year or so before the traveler met Paimon and the start of the game. I swear I remember Inazuma not being as visible from the mainland while it was still in effect as well.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

deepwood on baizhu is annoying because his application is so bad. it might work vs. boss rooms but against hordes you functionally just don't have deepwood buff a lot of the time
4-piece deepwood being useless half the time makes it no better or worse than the other options. Deepwood is useful for spread and that's about it. Honestly what else are you gonna use on Baizhu? If you're at 50k HP and meeting Baizhu's ER requirements then he doesn't need any set bonuses for stats. Ocean hued clam? Kinda meh on Baizhu. 4-piece Noblesse just for the attack buff? Good for aggravate or spread teams but useless for hyperbloom.

I would do noblesse on Baizhu but between Bennett, Diona, and Kirara I'm fresh out of good HP artifacts on that set.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Furina's character quest wants me to find an unpaid intern for a position that urgently needs to be filled and this is giving me more "but that's immoral" than all the murder in the game thus far

where's Comrade Frog when you need him

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Furina surviving on bags of macaroni is my spirit.....archon?

E: I think this is far and away my favorite archon quest. Furinas eng va did an amazing job through the whole thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Garrand posted:

Furina surviving on bags of macaroni is my spirit.....archon?

E: I think this is far and away my favorite archon quest. Furinas eng va did an amazing job through the whole thing.

i too love kraft dinner

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just noticed Lisa was in the Paimon shop and figured what the hell might as well get C4. Also cleared 11-3 of the Abyss again and hit 50 pity while still maintaining that 40K primogem threshold. This OCD Kid that keeps popping up with her canvas is getting me my encounter points before I get on with the Archon Quests and the Mary-Ann and Melusine village ones that have been sitting in my quest log for a week or so now. Expecting the usual dankest of lore.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The Mesuline quest was the only part of Fontaine I've touched so far and was pretty good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If only we could leave Paimon with Faruzan for a month so she could teach her how subtlety, subterfuge and just lying in general works. I would say Alhaitham but we all know he would not be a teacher if he could avoid it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

RareAcumen posted:

If only we could leave Paimon with Faruzan for a month so she could teach her how subtlety, subterfuge and just lying in general works. I would say Alhaitham but we all know he would not be a teacher if he could avoid it.
Maybe Alhaitham could be Genshin's Piccalo

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Maybe Alhaitham could be Genshin's Piccalo

• green
  • kind of a jobber
  • really good at teaching
  • has a holiday named after them
  • literally a child version of their past self

althaitham isn't piccolo. NAHIDA is piccolo!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

• green
  • kind of a jobber
  • really good at teaching
  • has a holiday named after them
  • literally a child version of their past self

althaitham isn't piccolo. NAHIDA is piccolo!

does this make scaramouche gohan

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Endorph posted:

does this make scaramouche gohan

well now i know what i'm using my rename ticket on

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Scaramouche is only Gohan in the incredibly small window when instead of just beating Cell he was being a prick about it and then decided to never try again for the rest of his life.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Scaramouche is already Shinji.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i dont even remember what I named scaramouche anymore

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eimi posted:

Scaramouche is already Shinji.
He willingly got into the robot though

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I refuse to change this name unless forced

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Event summary:

Wriothesley is fun as gently caress, Charlotte is uniquely cool, Neuveliette is awesome, annnnnd...Furina is slower than I expected

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I know they won't but they should go back and add proper underwear areas to pre-Fontaine areas

This is the best Genshin-based typo I've seen and I wanted it to be recognized.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The giggles that Fischl ENG does after you finish her basic combat chain are so cute

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Yeah I feel like they definitely changed the concept for the character along the way. Same with Raiden who I swear they planned to be far more antagonistic than she actually ended up being. They sort of came up with the concept for Raiden Shogun in the midst of Raiden Mei's I guess "heel arc" in Honkai where she was at her arguably least likeable though so I guess the inspiration for Raiden Shogun makes some sense. The narcissism and smugness for the Hydron Archon kind of feels like it got rerolled into a more comedic personality as opposed to the hostile Marie Antoinette one I was expecting.
It's not quite like that. The earlier translation just sounds like the kind of voice you'd give the character if all you knew about her was that she's a god. The revised one is only significantly different in that she calls herself "boku" instead of "ware", and her choice of words is just more... Furinesque in general. She sounds terribly pompous in either case.

I wouldn't translate the older version any differently from the official English version, but the revised version is much more explicit about the meaning of the second line: rather than "People here bear no sins in the eyes of the gods", it says "People here are not subject to the judgement of gods". (This is arguably a mistake, since the prophecy does specifically talk about things in terms of "sin".)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
let us go underwater in other area so we can finally light up that elemental pillar in Liyue near that Ruin Guardian

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Furina is great, man. A dorky tomboy archon is a strong character indeed.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Anora posted:

let us go underwater in other area so we can finally light up that elemental pillar in Liyue near that Ruin Guardian

You already can with the right skill usage. The hitbox is very generous.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

FractalSandwich posted:

It's not quite like that. The earlier translation just sounds like the kind of voice you'd give the character if all you knew about her was that she's a god. The revised one is only significantly different in that she calls herself "boku" instead of "ware", and her choice of words is just more... Furinesque in general. She sounds terribly pompous in either case.

I wouldn't translate the older version any differently from the official English version, but the revised version is much more explicit about the meaning of the second line: rather than "People here bear no sins in the eyes of the gods", it says "People here are not subject to the judgement of gods". (This is arguably a mistake, since the prophecy does specifically talk about things in terms of "sin".)
this is the japanese translation of a Chinese game though, you're probably reading too much into it. It's localized to Japan in the same way it is in the english dub

RaptorChief
Feb 21, 2007

I gave this game a shot because I ended up really enjoying Star Rail, which was the first gacha game I’ve ever played. There are many questions I plan on asking over the next few days but I’ll start with the most important one.

I just unlocked the teapot and my weekly battle pass objective says I need to buy 2 items from someone else’s tea house. Do they have to be online at the same time as me for that to happen, or can I just friend someone and raid their teapot at my leisure?

My friend code is 669832814

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Talochard's world quest series was lovely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RaptorChief posted:

I gave this game a shot because I ended up really enjoying Star Rail, which was the first gacha game I’ve ever played. There are many questions I plan on asking over the next few days but I’ll start with the most important one.

I just unlocked the teapot and my weekly battle pass objective says I need to buy 2 items from someone else’s tea house. Do they have to be online at the same time as me for that to happen, or can I just friend someone and raid their teapot at my leisure?
depends on their settings. if they have it set to auto accept then you can go when they're offline.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

RaptorChief posted:

My friend code is 669832814
You can ignore that part of the battlepass because you'll usually max it out just playing the game normally. You can also just join people's world's randomly and then warp directly to their pot, the battle pass is pretty flexible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RaptorChief posted:

It's probably a good idea to jump on the Discord in the OP. There's a channel there for multiplayer stuff, assuming it's still active, and I think most of us leave our teapots open. More useful (though this requires the person be around) is looting others peoples' worlds. There's a lot of time-limited stuff like fish and pre-Fontaine character materials that are sitting around untouched and can take days to respawn in your own world.