Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

vaginite posted:

Oh god that's in fact much worse. They have a S3XY Knob too, because of course. The marketing department is just 12 year olds making dick jokes and trying to out-deeznuts each other.

Marketing department? It's been documented that all these things were dictated by Elon directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

PhazonLink posted:

but what are his politics?

Impossible to scrute

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

picking a fight with community notes
which he controls

truly amazing.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

SRQ posted:

picking a fight with community notes
which he controls

truly amazing.

He doesn't like that they constantly fact check his stupid assertions. They're not supposed to do that to him, the main character. Naturally, he deletes those notes as soon as he notices them

He has less control than you think

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If a tweet is false, it will get a Community Note. Any tweet that doesn't have a Community Note is therefore true. Nothing wrong with my logic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i love that elon musk goes to community notes to find out if the 2 year-old clip of tucker carlson on fox news saying there was voter fraud in 2020 is accurate rather than reading a single article in like the last year about how tucker carlson no longer works at fox news as a result of a two billion dollar lawsuit specifically about fox news knowingly broadcasting misinformation about there being voter fraud in 2020

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think Tuck is waiting for payment from Musk or as tv dinner heir he's fine doing it for free and another chance at supa stardom?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

When he said the robot was "inspired by" this book I didn't imagine he'd just had someone plug some paragraphs into the program. If he's demonstrating the robot's source material as a selling point this blatantly, surely someone's gonna want their cut of the subscription money?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bandaid.friend posted:

When he said the robot was "inspired by" this book I didn't imagine he'd just had someone plug some paragraphs into the program. If he's demonstrating the robot's source material as a selling point this blatantly, surely someone's gonna want their cut of the subscription money?
Yes but also ChatGPT has stolen everything on a publicly available URL so good luck claiming anything without raining on the media darling parade.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Azhais posted:

Based on this picture I now think he should be played by Jimmy Fallon

Oh wow that's mean

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sealon Musk should krill himself

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Honestly I'm quite sure that Doge guy faked that. Planet Xorg is clearly a reference to X and I don't think LLMs are capable of original wordplay.

Also that's actually a little closer to the HHGttG voice than grok usually is, but it's still more in the realm of "what some idiot who read the book decades ago remembers" versus "what some idiot who never read the book and assumes reddit humour is the same thing thinks" that grok usually comes out with. So yeah I would expect Doge just wrote that response himself via inspect element and said grok did it.

Edit: He posted another one where it's more obvious that it isn't using the books as source material.

https://x.com/dogeofficialceo/status/1723340305171091825?s=20

What makes it obvious it isn't directly using the books as a source is it gets the 42 reference wrong. If it was using the novels as the source it'd describe 42 as "the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything" not the meaning. Also Life, Universe, Everything is usually capitalised in this context in the books, an LLM using the books as a source would copy that as it infers grammar based on its source materiel. I'm 50/50 on whether he faked this one too.

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 12, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Songbearer posted:

Sealon Musk should krill himself

Hmm, heard some bad things about sea lons, I wouldn't trust em.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"meaning of life the universe and everything, uncapitalized" IS the way a chatbot basing things of everything else everyone has ever written in reference to the hitchhiker's guide might say things though, which is consistent with a chatbot with "be snarky and reference a lot of the properties elon musk thinks it is cool to reference" appended to all the prompts

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Awesomesaurus posted:

With how much he makes “jokes” about teabagging, I’m pretty sure he’s itching to put his balls in someone’s mouth.

elon likes having people put their balls in his mouth

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I bought a clapped out 1973 Landover series 3 for 50 quid in my 20s. I used to tool around my uncles land and the tyres were rock hard and half bald.

It would have poo poo all over that "truck" and it had more cargo space while fitting in a normal UK parking space.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I can confirm that Elon likes to put testicles in his mouth, but only if they're stinky

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

redshirt posted:

In retrospect, yeah. But that's too much vehicle now, so definitely more in the Rav4 market or similar.

Get a Suzuki Jimny. Might be too small for your needs, but they're just so cute.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
This doesn't even make any sense. Truth is disguising itself as propaganda? How did you gently caress up such a simple meme so badly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

So... Propaganda is actually the truth? What the gently caress is this dipshit even trying to- no, nevermind, it's not worth it.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 12, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

People getting Douglas Adams' humor wrong is basically a meme at this point. For years and years every adaptation of HHGTTG tried to tackle the material but somehow completely whiffed on what was actually funny about it. This David Wong article kinda got a good handle on how that kept happening:

https://www.cracked.com/article_15631_the-10-best-sci-fi-films-never-made.html

quote:

Why? It wasn't funny. Forget the plot elements left out--you can't squeeze an entire novel into a 120-page screenplay. We'd have forgiven all of that if the movie had made us laugh. But, you knew from the opening musical sequence with the dolphins that things had gone awry. The type of person who would find the singing animals hilarious is not the type who would be on board with Adams' relentless, dark humor.

So what happened?
Comedy is hard. Really freaking hard. I know, I tried it, once. And, in a movie there are 1,000 little things that can ruin it--facial expressions, bad timing, the wrong edit. It takes an expert to do it right. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, meanwhile, was directed by a man (Garth Jennings) who had never previously directed a movie. Or, a TV show. Or, anything having sets or actors reading lines. He had no connection to anything having to do with comedy anywhere on his resume.

Hitchhiker's would have been a tall order for anybody, since most of the comedy was in the narrative language and descriptions, two things that don't come across on film.

No, this project needed a sharp eye, not somebody who would have Mos Def stiffly parroting passages from the book. It needed someone who would take the Douglas Adams attitude and run with it and take the movie we were expecting and give us something 10 times as insane.

The comedy isn't about "snarky attitude" or the way characters act or talk, and the plot of the book is garbage compared to the connective material that far outweighs it. The heart and soul of the books is wordplay, sentences that turn themselves inside out as you read them, wild inventive visualizations, weird insightful bits of social commentary that make you go "what? Huh" while reading a passage about a robot designed to pick up herring sandwiches in a scoop that immediately drops them again. Stuff that humans can't even identify as the funny thing they need to figure out how to capture in a screenplay, and if the best they can do is what's been done so far, good fuckin luck to a rebranded ChatGPT being able to do it.

Especially if it’s being trained by a guy who thinks it’s the height of an injoke to say “Zaphod Beeblebrox”

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 12, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

IBroughttheFunk posted:

This doesn't even make any sense. Truth is disguising itself as propaganda? How did you gently caress up such a simple meme so badly.

It's his superpower

It's kind of impressive

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
elon dont think so good

thats why he needs to pay others to think for him, its how he's made his fortune

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
The dumb thing is, it could almost work if they flipped it. Have something pretending to be the truth and being revealed to be propaganda.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Truth was the bad guy all along? Got it.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

That community note :boom:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I Greyhound posted:

That community note :boom:

Oh no the propaganad is comming from the community notes! Delete! Delete!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
#WOKENOTES

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pulls mask off community notes, revealing Propaganda

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
More like Communist Notes :thunk:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
IMO listing corporate market cap is kinda like doxxing and sending assassination coordinates for companies

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time for a new Musk feud! Though I must say I miss those days of Zucker fight hilarity.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I haven't been keeping up. Who won?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

I haven't been keeping up. Who won?

Zuck. But the fight didn't happen.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aww :(

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just to confirm - Grok is actually just Elon Musk responding to every tweet right?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Alucard posted:

Just to confirm - Grok is actually just Elon Musk responding to every tweet right?

He's not that good a writer.
He's approving them or steering them in a way to make them 100% cringe
He's got some interns trying to code the thing, and others 'fixing' the responses to make them look good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alucard posted:

Could be a team of monkey sycophants. Maybe Neuralink monkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

redshirt posted:

Could be a team of monkey sycophants. Maybe Neuralink monkeys.

I thought those were all dead.