Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

General Dog posted:

Yeah I’d like to think A&M has at least established a track record as a place that will give you some time when you compared to, say, Auburn or Florida.

I don't know that it matters, you've already admitted 10M a year guaranteed is a price you are willing to pay. Anyone that accepts less is a sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol what the gently caress

I love college football.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That is so much money.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I just worry it’s money that could’ve gone to Crisis Pregnancy Centers or the school choice lobby.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

NickRoweFillea posted:

That is so much money.

Plus the buyouts for his assistants, plus the buyout for whoever they hire and all the assistants he wants to bring in, etc. This is easily a $100m decision I’d think.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Thermos H Christ posted:

Plus the buyouts for his assistants, plus the buyout for whoever they hire and all the assistants he wants to bring in, etc. This is easily a $100m decision I’d think.

That’s why it would surprise me if they went out and just hired Kiffin or Elmo or lol Kliff, you can’t spend that kind of cash and not come away with a clear top 10 coach

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

I just worry it’s money that could’ve gone to Crisis Pregnancy Centers or the school choice lobby.

Qatar will replace the money, no worries

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

I think Texas A&M should hire Dabo, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

not jimbo news

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1723752282825617530

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

TAMU coaching searches are rad in that they not only hire a coach who will absolutely lose all passion for the profession because they HAVE to live in College Station, but they also derail the program they're poaching from for years

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Azrial posted:

I think Texas A&M should hire Dabo, nothing could possibly go wrong.

I’ve been trying to will that into existence since the start of the season. What could possibly go wrong?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

pillsburysoldier posted:

TAMU coaching searches are rad in that they not only hire a coach who will absolutely lose all passion for the profession because they HAVE to live in College Station, but they also derail the program they're poaching from for years

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Actually gently caress it 25m/y for Belichick make him say no.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Thermos H Christ posted:

That’s insane

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't even imagine that there's anything close to a reasonable ROI on that. Not even a non-financial one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hoke is still employed

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

I reiterate - Aggie, go for Harbaugh.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

What do Oklahoma State, Ohio State, and Texas fans think of Mike Yurcich in retrospect? Is he someone that looks more successful than he is because of the head coaches (Gundy specifically) being more directly responsible in the offense?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

lol, aggies

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

General Dog posted:

The people who give money to fire Jimbo would also be giving money to finance a paramilitary to go door to door looking for women who take birth control so this is probably the best use for it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
NGL if I had 70-80m coming my way I woudln't coach for another minute. I wouldn't work for another second. No TV, no analyst crap, not evne the banquet circuit unless I wanted to hang out with some old friends. I would build the nicest beach house on the coast possible and when it fell into the sea I would go 10 feet back and build another one.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

i think jimbothy owns like several square miles of texas and has several ranches. literally a nice farm with lots of room to run around

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU fired Yurchich

Thought they wait until end of season at keast

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

C. Everett Koop posted:

NGL if I had 70-80m coming my way I woudln't coach for another minute. I wouldn't work for another second. No TV, no analyst crap, not evne the banquet circuit unless I wanted to hang out with some old friends. I would build the nicest beach house on the coast possible and when it fell into the sea I would go 10 feet back and build another one.

Anyone that has more than four million dollars in their bank account and continues working is a psychopath and I'm willing to adjust downwards significantly.

Azrial fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 12, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spaced God posted:

The people who give money to fire Jimbo would also be giving money to finance a paramilitary to go door to door looking for women who take birth control so this is probably the best use for it

Jimbo Fisher- Accidental Leftist Hero

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&Ms booster class has this real stupid fixation on getting established coaches because they want to replicate Bama taking Bear Bryant from us, so we never end up doing what we should do which is find a good up and comer and give him resources

Franchione getting hired away from Bama is the most obvious example of this and rumors for years have it that our AD wanted to hire some guy from Bowling Green named Urban Meyer but was overruled in that case

I want Mike Elko personally

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Looks like Elijah Robinson is being reported as the interim HC, which makes sense. He's coached defensive line throughout Jimbo's tenure and has been the ace recruiter bringing in all the talent on that front. Given the suicide squad of unlikability that makes up the rest of the staff, probably a good move. I'd imagine he's someone the next HC would like to retain, especially if it helps retain the current defensive line.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 12, 2023

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamBreneman81/status/1723785289238233551?s=20

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A&M shifty eyes meme

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spaced God posted:

LMAO

Absolute truth

I’m excited to see what levels of insanity we can get from this coaching search

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 13, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

fast cars loose anus posted:

A&Ms booster class has this real stupid fixation on getting established coaches because they want to replicate Bama taking Bear Bryant from us, so we never end up doing what we should do which is find a good up and comer and give him resources

Franchione getting hired away from Bama is the most obvious example of this and rumors for years have it that our AD wanted to hire some guy from Bowling Green named Urban Meyer but was overruled in that case

I want Mike Elko personally

I think Elko is probably the best coach Duke’s had since Spurrier but spending north of $150m combined to bring him in is insane

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Adun posted:

I think Elko is probably the best coach Duke’s had since Spurrier but spending north of $150m combined to bring him in is insane

Sounds right up A&M's alley then

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've seen enough

take the interim tag off of david braun

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

i've seen enough

take the interim tag off of david braun

I'm glad Northwestern gets to talk about a non-garbage human being for their coach....

....but can't you see we're about to experience another crazy set of domino's started by a school with oil money stealing an established coach and are only allowed to talk about that?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1724061369241157798?s=46

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wonder if there's ever been a mid-season game that had both coaches fired afterwards before

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

State beating Arizona in week 2, framed as a narrow escape against a feisty underdog at the time, sure looks strange now.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Probably looking at a coaching change in Arkansas after the season. SEC off season coaching search is going to be wild.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

I wonder if there's ever been a mid-season game that had both coaches fired afterwards before

Pissgate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Man that feels a bit cold. He had a thankless job replacing the late Leach and didn't even get to finish the season.