Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Mailer posted:

It's probably a good idea to jump on the Discord in the OP. There's a channel there for multiplayer stuff, assuming it's still active, and I think most of us leave our teapots open. More useful (though this requires the person be around) is looting others peoples' worlds. There's a lot of time-limited stuff like fish and pre-Fontaine character materials that are sitting around untouched and can take days to respawn in your own world.
Oh yeah, adding to this let us know what characters you have right now so we can build a team for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fontaine Archon Quest spoilers With the Fortress of Meropide's arc submarine being revealed to be able to fly, I hope that it becomes a permanent installation on the map at some point like the Jade Chamber.

RaptorChief posted:

I gave this game a shot because I ended up really enjoying Star Rail, which was the first gacha game I’ve ever played. There are many questions I plan on asking over the next few days but I’ll start with the most important one.

I just unlocked the teapot and my weekly battle pass objective says I need to buy 2 items from someone else’s tea house. Do they have to be online at the same time as me for that to happen, or can I just friend someone and raid their teapot at my leisure?

My friend code is 669832814

There's also like, an adventurer handbook or teapot battle pass when you're actually inside the teapot too, I didn't notice it for a long time. Congrats on reaching AR 35 without needing any help playing the game at all, feel free to ask literally anything, do wish for Furina if you can swing it, she makes water traversal extremely trivial.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RaptorChief posted:

I gave this game a shot because I ended up really enjoying Star Rail, which was the first gacha game I’ve ever played. There are many questions I plan on asking over the next few days but I’ll start with the most important one.

I just unlocked the teapot and my weekly battle pass objective says I need to buy 2 items from someone else’s tea house. Do they have to be online at the same time as me for that to happen, or can I just friend someone and raid their teapot at my leisure?

My friend code is 669832814

Request sent.

I'm 616646832 if anyone else wants to friend me and see my rather disappointing teapot.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

does this make scaramouche gohan

Scaramouche is Vegeta during his post Saiyan arc who definitely doesn't hate living the good life around Sumeru and is totally just waiting for Nahida and the traveler to turn their back so he can do sneaky villainous stuff just you all wait.....mgrgrgrgr

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There is no Scaramouche, there is only Don Sombrero :ese:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
He should wander over to Fontaine. They love a good hat.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Apparently the back half of the 4.2 banners will have Kuki Shinobu on them (allegedly). I do not have her and she seems very useful for stuff like Hyperbloom triggering (I don't have Raiden for this either if that matters). I would like at least one copy to work on her and have her and then maybe pursue constellations some other time whenever she's back around, so I'd like to throw a few rolls at the back half banners while I'm at no pity after Furina and just see if it turns one up.

Here's the problem: While unlikely, I might get an early 5-star and I might win the 50/50, but I really have no interest in or use for either of Ayato or Cyno. So my question is this: Of the two, who would I probably hate lucking into least? I don't really care about their aesthetics or anything, I'm looking at it purely from a gameplay standpoint. My account is overloaded with big-ticket Hydro (I have Yelan, Kokomi, Furina, Neuvillette, C6 Xingqiu, and a regrettably high constellation Mona) and Ayato's generalist role doesn't seem particularly important as a result, but he seems easy and fun to play so I could always just put him aside and come back to him sometime for variety's sake. As for Cyno, I have way fewer Electro 5-stars but I also don't feel like I need or use them very much, and I don't think Cyno's playstyle really seems all that interesting to me. I also have godawful Dendro options outside of DMC and Yaoyao (wasn't playing during either Nahida banner), and I think he wants to be in Aggravate? Either way, I'm just wondering which banner would be the least regrettable if the 5-star turned up unexpectedly. I fully expect it not to happen.

Would it perhaps be better to wait and see if a Raiden rerun is confirmed for 4.3, and go after her for Hyperbloom triggers, just to avoid risking it? I'd still be without any pity, but I wouldn't be risking trying to build and then blowing it. Raiden doesn't heal, but since I'm often running Yaoyao anyway out of necessity that's not exactly a problem.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Co-op players have found a bug where because Charlotte's basic attack is apparently hit-scan the player can be standing in a totally different region and as long as they are pointed towards you fighting an enemy her attacks will still hit. Apparently there's lots of bugs with how her targeting works so can likely expect some apologems shortly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The gacha should give me a loving Charlotte imo, with all respect

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

tbh it kinda sucks to say but I might just wait for Raiden. You aren't even guaranteed to get Kuki, and triggering pity on a character you know you don't want is rough. You've laid out good reasons why neither of the 5* interest you.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Sometimes it really does feel like you're less likely to pull a given 4-star banner character than the 5-star one. At least, there's no way to guarantee a specific 4-star. You could throw 180 pulls at that banner and still not luck into Kuki.

Related: no Charlotte here either.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

If you've got 50/50 I'd count your pity and pull until it hits 30 or so, Shinobu is very good. Dori can generally do the same job but not nearly as well.

I can't talk much about Ayato, but Cyno is pretty fun to play with his incredibly strong feeling attacks in burst mode, but he does really want Dendro support, and even then mine's pretty much benched because the gacha has blessed me with a C6 Keqing, who does the same basic thing but with more flexibility. If you don't have Keqing you probably won't regret getting him. And even if you do, well, at least you made sure you didn't have much pity first.

--edit
Also yup no Charlotte yet here. No Shinobu from Cyno's debut banner, (I got her later though and she's awesome) no Mika or Kirarara although I think my pity might have been high enough I just skipped those?

It suuuuuuuucks and there should be a way to force a 4 star.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 12, 2023

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I really like the mini-bosses they've sprinkled around Fontaine. Finally, the challenging overworld enemies we've been asking for since 1.x.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I think if you dont really want the 5 star but do really want a banner 4 star, its reasonable to tempt fate with a few pulls. As long as you don't go too crazy with it, the worst case is that you get a cheap featured 5 star.

In terms of pure mechanical power/pull value I'd rate Ayato quite a lot higher than Cyno. He has a decent amount of versatility and can bring value to a variety of comps, where Cyno is one of the weakest 5 star carries who is basically pigeonholed into comps purely supporting him.

Something else that might influence your decision: while most of Kuki's constellations don't matter very much, her C2 is *very* important for hyperbloom comps, both in terms of objective damage output and subjective gamefeel.

hit button fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 12, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

The gacha should give me a loving Charlotte imo, with all respect

:hmmyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doing something like 20 pulls for a 4* is fine, but don't go beyond that. Raiden will probably rerun very soon, and you'll likely get Kuki off-banner eventually.

and yeah, kuki really needs c2 to be ideal for hyperbloom.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MajorBonnet posted:

I really like the mini-bosses they've sprinkled around Fontaine. Finally, the challenging overworld enemies we've been asking for since 1.x.

I ran into one if then in Erinyess and had a very subpar team, ended up having to run away

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hmm, I never thought about him, but Ayato might be a good candidate for a Furina + march hunter team. Wonder what's best? Jean/Bennett to enable some forward vapes? But circles are annoying. Maybe Thoma/Baizhu burgeon? Or just keep it simple with Fischl/Jean? Surprising amount of options, actually.

I should really get around to leveling at least 1 march hunter set to start testing these sorts of teams. But I'm still not done pillaging the countryside, so maybe later.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Reminder for everyone struggling with Furina that she scales harder from burst talent levels (and regular 90/90 levels) than the average unit so if you're serious about using her you should take the time to beat up the new boss before the weekly reset. There's also a new quickstart function in case you haven't finished the archon quest :eng101:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

free Trapt CD posted:

Sometimes it really does feel like you're less likely to pull a given 4-star banner character than the 5-star one. At least, there's no way to guarantee a specific 4-star. You could throw 180 pulls at that banner and still not luck into Kuki.

Related: no Charlotte here either.

Its amazing I can get Furina at soft pity on a guarantee, but it still feels bad that that + 20 pulls still gets me no Charlotte (but plenty of Beidou stardust). At this point, I'm just hoping she ends up as an event freebie in late spring/early summer or something.

Baizhu/Furina felt pretty good in this event... but I was also using my own XQ and Shinobu, which probably obscured things somewhat.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
If she wants constellations then it's probably not worth it. The odds of C2 in 20-30 pulls is far too low. Possibly still worth a single ten pull or something if the other 4-stars are people I don't have (I think one was supposed to be Kirara, but that's all rumors), just to see if I get anybody new, but I wouldn't be in any real rush to use anyone else from that banner, so it's probably best to just skip it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She doesn't need C2. She's insane in hyperbloom at C0 and insane in hyperbloom at C2, her skill going from 12 second to 15 second duration is nice but it really isn't a big deal given that seeds stick around for a few seconds before expiring.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Kuki is absolutely viable as a hyperbloom trigger at c0, I had her pre-c2 for like a year in use without issue.

Waiting for Raiden if you can horde enough for a guarantee is probably the overall better play, tho.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

No Wave posted:

She doesn't need C2. She's insane in hyperbloom at C0 and insane in hyperbloom at C2, her skill going from 12 second to 15 second duration is nice but it really isn't a big deal given that seeds stick around for a few seconds before expiring.
You can also just burst on top of them if you're waiting out the last couple seconds of the E cooldown.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

Its amazing I can get Furina at soft pity on a guarantee, but it still feels bad that that + 20 pulls still gets me no Charlotte (but plenty of Beidou stardust). At this point, I'm just hoping she ends up as an event freebie in late spring/early summer or something.

tbh I've had more trouble getting new 4*s than 5*s I've gone after for the past year. I've had more luck pulling them off-banner than when they're featured, and I'm missing like three or four at this point

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm begging you to please rerun Heizou with someone I either don't have or want more of. Please mister hoyo

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I feel like they should just unlock standard banner characters after x non trivial amount of play time

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MajorBonnet posted:

I like that in the newest areas they're pretty much just "some guy," but I'm not a huge fan of how much health they have compared to say, a regular-rear end boss. Nobody wants to spend 3 minutes fighting a goddamn treasure hoarder.

I mean, nobody wants to spend three minutes fighting some water droplet either, but it felt like those had less health, at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I installed Genshin on my phone and despite being a Galaxy S24, it struggles to even run at medium???

hows this a friggin phone game

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Meowywitch posted:

I installed Genshin on my phone and despite being a Galaxy S24, it struggles to even run at medium???

hows this a friggin phone game

it sucks poo poo on phones imo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

it sucks poo poo on phones imo

for the most part installed it so i can use free google bux on it, lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it runs decently on powerful tablets but definitely not actual phone phones

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It can run okay on a lot of phones but you have to suck it up and actually turn the graphic settings way down. Part of the reason it does better on tablets is that most phones usually start throttling things when they're run too hard to keep from overheating and Genshin will absolutely do that at full/high settings.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

for what its worth genshin runs acceptably at the default settings it chooses for an iphone 13 mini - high resolution 30 fps. I play archers so it’s not a good time, but it performs perfectly fine. I could probably tweak the settings and get 60 fps with lower detail i probably wouldn’t be able to notice anyway.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Well, I'm sticking around a little more than planned because I did the Caribert quest and that was actually cool. Glad to see that Hu Tao still explodes the Abyss, too. And maybe, just maybe I can proc my guarantee on Furina to complete the Archon set despite a nine month break.

Definitely missing the energy management QoL from Star Rail though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I used to play on my ipad until eventually it needed to download an update that required more storage than what was on the entire machine :shepface: It's the "cheap" model, but still.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Asimo posted:

It can run okay on a lot of phones but you have to suck it up and actually turn the graphic settings way down. Part of the reason it does better on tablets is that most phones usually start throttling things when they're run too hard to keep from overheating and Genshin will absolutely do that at full/high settings.
The grand irony is that Genshin drains my tablet battery a lot less than other, vastly worse looking games, because it's actually pretty decently optimized.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
look at my last few pulls I think Charlotte is the last 4 star I pulled on it's opening banner since before the last half of Sumeru, still don't have Kaveh.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I put it on my old rear end Samsung Galaxy 9+ when I went to visit my folks in Key West, Florida earlier this year and was running it off of 1-2 bar wireless internet we borrowed off our neighbour's router and it ran better than on my PS4 with a wired connection. We're talking an island in the middle of the ocean between Cuba and Miami Beach probably running off of AT&T architecture on a 5 year old phone and it ran better than on my PS4 back home with Fibe 40 18 milisecond ping.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I refuse to believe it can be less optimized than on PS4.

For the record I don't play it on PS4 anymore, just PC. The only reason it's still on PS4 is I registered it from there before I got the modern PC and Sony got me locked into using it if I want to purchase a Gnostic Hymn cause it's not available from the top up site.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

mycot posted:

I used to play on my ipad until eventually it needed to download an update that required more storage than what was on the entire machine :shepface: It's the "cheap" model, but still.
Lmao that's where I'm at. My iPad is now the designated Genshin console cause it can't fit anything else.