Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

a.lo posted:

cringe
ELon musk is cringe

mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

RBC posted:

youre going to die idiot

aren't we all

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

beautiful

is Tati classic rock now

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

RBC posted:

youre going to die idiot

Everyone dies

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ben shapino posted:

aren't we all

I’m different

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How did Elon survive that Egyptian(?) dance thing, its maybe the worst thing I've ever seen.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Whatever your opinions on Elon musk you have to admit he has balls

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

not for long, buddy

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
If the yokes the racing car two handle thing that seems weird. My guy taught me ten and two, spin it like a dinner plate. Love the car though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeeplyConcerned posted:

He’s actually just unbelievably stupid

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Quotey posted:

If the yokes the racing car two handle thing that seems weird. My guy taught me ten and two, spin it like a dinner plate. Love the car though.

Why do you spin your dinner plates?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

this is the musk thread, you're supposed to put your hands at 6 and 9 or alternatively 4 and 2 with a tennis ball stuffed in 0 for when you need nap time with autopilot

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ironic that casing packed nitrates got him in the end

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I gotta see the Musk emails to the Cybertruck team.

“Make it all-terrain but don’t change the structure.” to an already finished(?) car.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ratios and Tendency posted:

How did Elon survive that Egyptian(?) dance thing, its maybe the worst thing I've ever seen.

it's because he's epic and ftw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Quotey posted:

they also didnt change the steering ratio, yokes are supposed to be super tight steering so you never have to go hand over hand spinning it. yoke teslas have the stock 900 degree lock to lock ratio or whatever it is.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I actually need a steering yoke for when I execute high-speed maneuvers.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
There's only one good way to steer any vehicle :smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1TQJb5hQk&t=90s
(time stamped for your convenience)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rofl brodie knobs are intensely dangerous

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cool a knob that can snap off is the workaround because you can't design a steering wheel

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-sue-cybertruck-buyers-they-resell-in-first-year-2023-11

Actively buying a Cyberyruck is now a legal hazard

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"You agree that you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle's delivery date," it says.

"Tesla may seek injunctive relief to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand liquidated damages from you in the amount of $50,000 or the value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater. Tesla may also refuse to sell you any future vehicles," it says.

But if a customer has a good reason to sell their Cybertruck, Tesla may agree to buy it back at the original price minus "$0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle to Tesla's Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards."

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Lid posted:

"You agree that you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle's delivery date," it says.

"Tesla may seek injunctive relief to prevent the transfer of title of the Vehicle or demand liquidated damages from you in the amount of $50,000 or the value received as consideration for the sale or transfer, whichever is greater. Tesla may also refuse to sell you any future vehicles," it says.

But if a customer has a good reason to sell their Cybertruck, Tesla may agree to buy it back at the original price minus "$0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle to Tesla's Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards."

Sounds like a cheap rental car for a quarter per mile!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

morningdrew posted:

Sounds like a cheap rental car for a quarter per mile!

Trouble is, the second you drive it off the curb, the steel sheets will misalign with a sudden, bonechilling scraping noise, triggering the "reasonable wear and tear" clause, which means "oops, this is totaled".

Also :lol: at mentioning "Mechanical Standards" in connection with a Cybertruck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

mcbexx posted:

Trouble is, the second you drive it off the curb, the steel sheets will misalign with a sudden, bonechilling scraping noise, triggering the "reasonable wear and tear" clause, which means "oops, this is totaled".

Also :lol: at mentioning "Mechanical Standards" in connection with a Cybertruck.

It's pretty clear the mechanicalsyandards us Hollywood Accountibg levels of it will cost the purchase price to repair this so we're taking it back for free.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
cybetrfuck

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Cubercucked by a Teslabot :(

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Lid posted:

apparently this is pretty standard contract language in exotic car sales. John Cena got wrecked by ford for selling his GT too early

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
That's the case in exotic car sales because buyers presumably want to maintain a relationship with the seller since it's for small runs of limited edition cars and often done by invite only. Not, like, the F150. There's no way Tesla could ever enforce the $50k fee since there's no damage to them for someone reselling what's supposed to be a mass-production car.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

webcams for christ posted:

apparently this is pretty standard contract language in exotic car sales. John Cena got wrecked by ford for selling his GT too early

True but to get the Ford GT was a handpicked application process and on a two year limited run so you could only sell it once the run ended and ut would never be made again. Cybertruck is none of that.

Well it will never get made again within two years but that's not for reasons Musk wants to admit.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Admiral Ray posted:

That's the case in exotic car sales because buyers presumably want to maintain a relationship with the seller since it's for small runs of limited edition cars and often done by invite only. Not, like, the F150. There's no way Tesla could ever enforce the $50k fee since there's no damage to them for someone reselling what's supposed to be a mass-production car.

Yeah, this is my read as well. Incredibly unlikely they would ever win this case. But that’s most of Musk’s legal battles.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

cool a knob that can snap off is the workaround because you can't design a steering wheel

Steering wheels can snap off too and yet everyone still uses them. It’s almost as if you’re making up “problems” in bad faith! :downsbravo:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

your posts, they are very bad

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Nenonen posted:

There's only one good way to steer any vehicle :smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1TQJb5hQk&t=90s
(time stamped for your convenience)

looks like his hand is at 4.20 on the wheel, epic!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Top G posted:

Steering wheels can snap off too

maybe in a tesla

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon is winning

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX37lUhgI50&t=5s

tesla makes the most unsafe cars for the most unsafe drivers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX37lUhgI50&t=5s

tesla makes the most unsafe cars for the most unsafe drivers

and yet you will buy one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The Top G posted:

Steering wheels can snap off too and yet everyone still uses them. It’s almost as if you’re making up “problems” in bad faith! :downsbravo:

Very brave