Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

Have you considered that you aren’t on the team and whether or not you’re mad has no material affect on the outcome whatsoever?

Yes i said that in the post. :d but i just dont like thinking stuff like "oh its ok" i feel like you should just say its a bad loss and not have to be like "we'll be alright" even if we will. Like when we lost to the Steelers in 2000 at home 9-6. Yeah we were ok against those miserable bengals the next week and even won out and got the SB but the loss still wasnt ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AndrewP posted:

The secret to happiness is celebrating the wins as huge and dismissing the losses as no big deal

the referees cheated for the browns, who suck anyway imo. come see me when my constantly injured lt isnt injured, or my constantly injured pro bowl cb isnt injured

kidcoelacanth posted:

god drat i wish having kawalimus on ignore meant anything when half the posting in this forum is about him

anyway go bucs super bowl bound

did you put him on ignore when they killed the thirst dog

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I should start ranting about Raiders losses from the '70s since it's just as relevant as bitching about random regular season games from 23 years ago

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kidcoelacanth posted:

god drat i wish having kawalimus on ignore meant anything when half the posting in this forum is about him

anyway go bucs super bowl bound

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

I should start ranting about Raiders losses from the '70s since it's just as relevant as bitching about random regular season games from 23 years ago

IS THIS FINALLY THE SAFE SPACE WHERE I CAN RANT ABOUT THE ROSENCOPTER?!?!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The good news is that nobody’s defense is as good as Cleveland’s and hopefully we won’t have to play them again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

IS THIS FINALLY THE SAFE SPACE WHERE I CAN RANT ABOUT THE ROSENCOPTER?!?!

Rosencopter was glorious

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Week 4 of 1976 sure was a motherfucker. What a brutal loss to the Patriots I can't believe they just absolutely dominated us like that. So anyway we finished the season undefeated the rest of the way and won the Superbowl but I'm still traumatized by that rear end kicking on that early October afternoon. I sometimes still wake up in cold sweats from that goddamn game.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CJ Stroud

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns, bitch

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Now that's paper

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

*taps mic, clears throat*

LOL Bengals. Thank you, I yield the remainder of my time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

I wasnt pissing about it just using it as an example of how even though it might end up ok the loss still sucks.

That said, im pretty sure another 2nd half collapse is coming for us.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Have you considered not cheering for a rapist?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Yes i said that in the post. :d but i just dont like thinking stuff like "oh its ok" i feel like you should just say its a bad loss and not have to be like "we'll be alright" even if we will. Like when we lost to the Steelers in 2000 at home 9-6. Yeah we were ok against those miserable bengals the next week and even won out and got the SB but the loss still wasnt ok.

it's ok, you'll be alright

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

It's weird, the Bills make the Bengals seem like an unsolvable enigma, a trap from which there is no escape, and then a rookie HC and QB just style on them!
So weird, am I right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You should all be apologizing to Kawalimus and buying him presents. loving lmao that somebody said "you should not post next week if the Ravens win" while they were up multiple scores and then they wound up losing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

You should all be apologizing to Kawalimus and buying him presents.

Yes. A Kowa spotting scope and a carbon whatever tripod.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Have you considered not cheering for a rapist?

I’m not cheering for Watson. gently caress him and I wish we never made that trade. I love seeing him play like butt because it’s what Haslem deserves.

I can still be happy when my dumb team wins though, because it doesn’t happen that often.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Sorry puppy bowl btw i didnt really mean that in a super nasty way. We gotta be mad after losses. You cant say stuff like "the loss was ok" thats a loser mentality. I know it doesnt affect the game really

you're doing the right thing, but No apologies are needed until after the war.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Are we going to add CJ Stroud to the MVP conversation?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I’m not cheering for Watson. gently caress him and I wish we never made that trade. I love seeing him play like butt because it’s what Haslem deserves.

I can still be happy when my dumb team wins though, because it doesn’t happen that often.

The Lions are infinitely cooler than the Browns now. Their stadium is a lot cooler as well.

Edit: not meant to really be directed at you. I'm just venting about good things happening to horrible people.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 12, 2023

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

every week multiple teams flip flop between the best in the league and complete frauds

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

b0ng posted:

Are we going to add CJ Stroud to the MVP conversation?

I think we have to. He's the only great QB this year who has been largely mistake free. Plus he's definitely elevating the talent around him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It’s really fun to listen to announcers go on about Watson’s leadership and struggle amid adversity

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

edit:wrong thread

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wait what how did the Ravens lose lol

Also Stroud hitting the Cinci crowd with the O-H is very funny to me despite my ostensible Michigan fandom.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

It’s really fun to listen to announcers go on about Watson’s leadership and struggle amid adversity

It was less his leadership and more the middle of the field was wide loving open all day

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

C-Euro posted:

After the hot start got dominated the rest of the way. Both teams shot themselves in the foot so we cant use that excuse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

every week multiple teams flip flop between the best in the league and complete frauds

idk, I've been extremely consistent about them all being frauds. Working out very well for me I might add! Shame about the Bengals, Ravens and Bills fans I guess

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ravens fumble luck stays terrible, Watson got strip sacked on the last drive and of course Cleveland recovered it

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

MJeff posted:

You should all be apologizing to Kawalimus and buying him presents. loving lmao that somebody said "you should not post next week if the Ravens win" while they were up multiple scores and then they wound up losing.

Stares at clock: "I apologize clock, it's 4:38 in the afternoon and you have the time correct. Forgive all the times when I mocked you for displaying the wrong time back when it was 1:10 and 1:11 and 1:12 and 1:13 and 1:14 (etc). You're right on the dot now."

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

They were basically outplayed for most of the second half, particularly their offense barely moved the ball after the initial drive of the second half. They did score a TD again later in the half but that was set up by a muffed punt and even that took 10 plays at the goal line and several penalties.

The Browns offense also played well in the second half. Watson had a good second half statline, but it was mostly guys getting lots of YAC. Njoku in particular seemed to be just running people over later in the game.

AndrewP posted:

ravens fumble luck stays terrible, Watson got strip sacked on the last drive and of course Cleveland recovered it

That play was so bad by Watson. Dude holds the ball forever has 0 pocket awareness until linemen are literally bumping into him

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

BROWNS, BITCH

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The Packers are pretty bad this year, and Love probably isn't the guy. He did have his best throw of the season today with the offbalance toss to Reed for 40-something yards

Darth Brooks posted:

Stares at clock: "I apologize clock, it's 4:38 in the afternoon and you have the time correct. Forgive all the times when I mocked you for displaying the wrong time back when it was 1:10 and 1:11 and 1:12 and 1:13 and 1:14 (etc). You're right on the dot now."

:drat:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans and Bengals tried to outchoke each other at the end. The Texans choked harder, but the Bengals started in a hole so one choke was all it took

Texans, why are you throwing it on 2nd and 2 with a 10 point leaad and 3 minutes left? Why are you throwing it 30 yards downfield on 3rd and 3 with a 3 point lead and 2 minutes left? What are you doing?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Its normal but we've botched a couple recoveries this yr. That one their player was right there. But sti on 2nd and loving 19 we gave 90% of it up on the next play. Thats why 2nd down sacks are the best sack. It likely kills the drive and they dont havw two whole plays.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Darth Brooks posted:

We've blown multi-score leads at unprecedented rates over the last two years.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ive changed my mind about Madubuike. Dont pay him. Hes getting sacks but isnt really a dominant player up front at the same time somehow. We're way far behind the other teams in our division in terms of star talent. We just dont have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a competitive year for football