Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Everybody watching Panthers/Bears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSL1prBvGw&t=150s

Everybody after the game:
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1722828557800366177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Da Bears

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

on one hand you have your kicker who has never kicked longer than 54 yards facing a 59 yard field goal

on the other hand you are asking Bryce Young to get 10 yards after spending the last 5.5 minutes of gametime and 12 plays to go 48 yards.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i really don't like bryce young

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I’m trying think who has a more cursed offense between the Panthers and Jets and I really can’t tell

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I refuse to believe Bryce Young completed 21 passes

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Matt Eberflus looks like a castee as amid-level Kremlin official in a D- level made for TV movie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AndrewP posted:

which one would you say is the number 1 overall pick of the draft and which would you say is the undrafted free agent who played at a D2 college

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well that was a soul crushingly awful game by two terrible teams.

I loved every second.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good morning future TFF goons, if you want to know briefly about the event you missed, there was a false start on the victory formation

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

and that was with the panthers returning a punt for a TD

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lt4kicks/status/1722829222849241266

edit:

AndrewP posted:

I can believe he completed 21 passes. There's no chance he had more than 1 deep, and no chance more than 3 were past the line of scrimmage

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Young is terrible and i dont care how bad the rest of the team is around him - QBs that are good will elevate

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Which feat is more difficult to imagine happening in real life: executing the spaceship maneuvers in this video or Bryce young completing a pass that travels over 10 yards in the air

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AndrewP posted:

If you take out his one 45 yard pass, he averaged 3.8 yards per pass. Almost all the completed passes this game were screens or checkdowns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's very difficult for me to fully wrap my head around how unbelievably awful this trade is turning out for the Panthers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MJeff posted:

It's very difficult for me to fully wrap my head around how unbelievably awful this trade is turning out for the Panthers.

Ryan Poles if nothing else, was very good at picking the mark to trade with.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bagent sucks and I hate him

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Which was a worse trade

3 firsts and 3 seconds for Herschel Walker, an admittedly good player

2 firsts (including likely first overall) and DJ Moore for the worst QB since Ryan leaf

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1722824324816495073

"Roll Tide"

THAT'S MY MOTHERFUCKING QUARTERBACK

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1722824324816495073

"Roll Tide"

THAT'S MY MOTHERFUCKING QUARTERBACK

maybe justin fields has been good all along

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

yeah definitely the low point of the franchise tbh

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

trevorreznik posted:

Which was a worse trade

3 firsts and 3 seconds for Herschel Walker, an admittedly good player

2 firsts (including likely first overall) and DJ Moore for the worst QB since Ryan leaf
I still think it's the Herschel trade but it's admittedly hard to separate the end result, which was an almost overnight Cowboys dynasty

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Alaois posted:

maybe justin fields has been good all along

It's gently caress Alabama always.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I don't think it happens, but like I don't think the bears are as far away as they seem.

It's just gonna come down to getting the QB right between Caleb/Drake, and getting a competent offensive coach.

If the Bears end up with MHJ and Drake/Caleb. to pair with DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, they need to get a center and probably a LT.

Their offense could be real loving good.

Now that requires them to get lucky with things the Bears have historically unlucky over with regard to hiring and drafting But yeah.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

only games i've watched live this month are iowa-northwestern and bears-panthers, i've seen a total of 3 offensive touchdowns

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

only games i've watched live this month are iowa-northwestern and bears-panthers, i've seen a total of 3 offensive touchdowns

why the gently caress are you watching iowa northwestern.

please have some self respect.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Master Stur posted:

Young is terrible and i dont care how bad the rest of the team is around him - QBs that are good will elevate

I’m not saying Bryce will similarly turn it around but Lawrence looked awful his first year and I think Reich may be about as bad as Urban at coaching an NFL team these days.

On the other hand Lawrence has top tier physical traits and Bryce is the size of a jockey.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at the Ihmir Smith-Marsette Revenge Game

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

DA BEARS baby love da bears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

DA BEARS baby love da bears

many are saying this

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I couldn't even bring myself to watch this Sicko Special.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not saying Bryce will similarly turn it around but Lawrence looked awful his first year and I think Reich may be about as bad as Urban at coaching an NFL team these days.

On the other hand Lawrence has top tier physical traits and Bryce is the size of a jockey.

I mean Urban physically abused players so I dont think this is really an apt comparison but you are also right qbs can turn it around. Tlaw at least looked like he had it in him and with Young I just really dont see it. Im happy to be wrong though for carolina fans sake

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm volunteering my services as a Bears fan who has spent my entire football watching life desperately trying to talk myself into the shittiest quarterbacks you have ever seen and i gotta tell you folks, it doesn't look good for bryce. i saw absolutely nothing. got completely outplayed by a weird intramural football champion who was not allowed to throw the ball more than 3 yards downfield. Almost got picked by Tyreke Stevenson and Jack Sanborn. Couldn't hit wide open receivers. Got shut down by the Bears' nonexistent defense. Brutal.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Master Stur posted:

This is one of the worst rosters, top to bottom, in the NFL. Bryce is playing very poorly right now, but Patrick Mahomes wouldn't be lighting up the scoreboard here.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Matt Eberflus looks like a castee as amid-level Kremlin official in a D- level made for TV movie.

he looks like a loving henchman! no more henchman coaches! get him off my television!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think this sums it up:
https://twitter.com/surrender_idx90/status/1722817072067977487?s=46&t=E3o6AWM6NzbHelAtroEDOg

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

I'm so glad I turned this game off at halftime. Sounds like I missed nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kawalimus in shambles

I feel like the Bears gave up that punt return to force us to watch the rest of the game because it was still kinda close