Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I really want to get to Kiwami 1 early December because it’s totally a Christmas series.

:hmmyes: i think most of them are set then iirc, the vibes are strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

pixel bitches posted:

Why is everyone so mad all the time? Play games that make you happy. Post about games that make you happy. You will be better for it.

Yeah. People gettin’ mad over video games and in turn people gettin’ mad at other people gettin’ mad over video games and having multi-page fights on a forum is a big lol and paints them as the biggest nerd loser that should be super ashamed of themselves lol.

:sad:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The 'people getting mad at people getting mad' are just fighting the good fight, the light against the darkness

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

ZeeBoi posted:

biggest nerd loser that should be super ashamed of themselves

buddy i've thought this way about myself long before i had the bright idea to argue about video games on the internet don't you worry

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pixel bitches posted:

Fridgelina and I are on a spa break so rest assured we will be making lots of anime grunts for the duration of our stay ;)

But how many instances of “…”

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

pixel bitches posted:

Why is everyone so mad all the time?

The post where someone revealed they watch things they already know will make them unhappy simply because they were recommended by an algorithm was a revelation. I feel like I understand people, and our current path as a species, a lot better now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pixel bitches posted:

Either that good ol Protestant work Ethic or just human nature.

Ask many of our 30 to late 50 year old posters about how Pokemon sucks because they're all too bipedal now.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

ShoogaSlim posted:

buddy i've thought this way about myself long before i had the bright idea to argue about video games on the internet don't you worry

Do you enjoy posting here? Why don't you do something more productive or fun with your time? Do you know how to have fun?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Ask many of our 30 to late 50 year old posters about how Pokemon sucks because they're all too bipedal now.

Pokemon sucks because there are too many of them, their number of legs is irrelevant in the face of their sheer number of numbers.

We had 251 in my day and that was more than enough :colbert:

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
I've been playing Alan Wake I (remastered), and I like it!

Things I like/make me laugh:
Game is upfront and center about the Stephen King inspiration, Alan Wake name drops King at least twice, but lets the David Lynch/Twin Peaks influence ride.

It's a video game about a novel writer novel writing his way out of a problem, but structured like a tv show.

Most potent defensive move is to high beam enemies in their eyeballs with a flashlight.

Fanning the gently caress out of my revolver and mashing square to reload faster (wish this was in factions somehow, another use for triangle????)

Finding all the manuscript pages, coffee thermoses, weird tvs, stacked soda cans, ect.

Things wot annoy me:
Not having a check off list of poo poo for every episode, making it extremely unlikely I'll ever go back and try to find everything.

Slow as poo poo entrance/exit of vehicles regardless of shadow zombie presence.

Not being able to find all the manuscript pages til ng+

Conclusion:
Need more Remedy games in my life.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
They keep making the Pokémon bipedal which makes me want to gently caress them and I don’t want to

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I enjoyed Alan Wake 1 but finding all 100 coffee thermoses sounds like hell

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

The post where someone revealed they watch things they already know will make them unhappy simply because they were recommended by an algorithm was a revelation. I feel like I understand people, and our current path as a species, a lot better now.

lol shut the gently caress up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FireWorksWell posted:

When it came up here or maybe the Hogwarts Legacy thread it was talked about as if it were made on the notion that women in general didn't really play video games, and maybe I'm not looking hard enough right but I can't find anything that backs it up.

I might have been putting too much stock into the wrong posts because I was already negative towards the way they handled HL, but yeah, I'm a dope here.

Anyway I decided to grab My Time at Sandrock oj ps5 and I had to start a new file 4 times before I could progress past a step in an early quest. Apparently this bug has been a thing since last summer in EA. Game is pretty chill and charming outside of that so far, though.
I can respect a person that recognises when they have been a bit silly

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just picked up sandrock as my new steam deck game to play over the next month or so, it’s pretty fun

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

I've been playing Alan Wake I (remastered), and I like it!

Things I like/make me laugh:
Game is upfront and center about the Stephen King inspiration, Alan Wake name drops King at least twice, but lets the David Lynch/Twin Peaks influence ride.

It's a video game about a novel writer novel writing his way out of a problem, but structured like a tv show.

Most potent defensive move is to high beam enemies in their eyeballs with a flashlight.

Fanning the gently caress out of my revolver and mashing square to reload faster (wish this was in factions somehow, another use for triangle????)

Finding all the manuscript pages, coffee thermoses, weird tvs, stacked soda cans, ect.

Things wot annoy me:
Not having a check off list of poo poo for every episode, making it extremely unlikely I'll ever go back and try to find everything.

Slow as poo poo entrance/exit of vehicles regardless of shadow zombie presence.

Not being able to find all the manuscript pages til ng+

Conclusion:
Need more Remedy games in my life.

I think the first Alan Wake is my favorite Remedy game, but I haven’t played it since it came out. Does it hold up?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Does anyone else think the PS5 pad is kinda uncomfortable to use for fighting games? Playing SF6 is resulting in a lot of hand pain, joints specifically. Not ever had this problem before so I'm wondering if it's just me. And, what do you guys like to use as an alternative? Think it might be stick time. But I'd be down for a six button pad, too, if you've got any recommendations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think my opinion on the first Alan Wake aligns with pretty much everyone else’s. The combat gets extremely long in the tooth because it’s repetitive and there’s a lot of it. It’s a game that gets by on vibes.

Alan Wake 2’s combat isn’t exactly great either but there’s less of it and it’s higher stakes by virtue of being more survival horror focused. The game is also fantastic all around and should be experienced. Folks have been likening it to Twin Peak’s return/season 3 in tone and I agree with that assessment.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:siren:

VG posted:

Be kinder to each other.
This does not mean forced positivity, just rethink how you are posting against each others points. :hai:

I would like people to revist the OP and the first page of this thread. There are almost zero rules to posting in here, please do not abuse that. If someone says something you do not like about a game do not take that as license to insult them with low content snipes for pages on end. Put them on ignore and move on.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

man nurse posted:

I think my opinion on the first Alan Wake aligns with pretty much everyone else’s. The combat gets extremely long in the tooth because it’s repetitive and there’s a lot of it. It’s a game that gets by on vibes.

Alan Wake 2’s combat isn’t exactly great either but there’s less of it and it’s higher stakes by virtue of being more survival horror focused. The game is also fantastic all around and should be experienced. Folks have been likening it to Twin Peak’s return/season 3 in tone and I agree with that assessment.

The thing I maybe liked the least about AW2 combat was the infinite respawn. Kinda disincentivized exploration after a certain point.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

pixel bitches posted:

There was a time when everyone got on well, but it seemed too good, and people rejected it. So the machines had to start over again and here we are.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If someone has a bad game opinion just pm them a picture of your balls like a normal person.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

If someone has a bad game opinion just pm them a picture of your balls like a normal person.

Serious question, how many people with plat find themselves having beef with people over pm, or getting lovely messages out of the blue? I’ve always wondered what people get up to in there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The issue is not that someone had a bad opinion

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

I think the first Alan Wake is my favorite Remedy game, but I haven’t played it since it came out. Does it hold up?

:thunk:

Well...

It's only been in the last ~5 years I've really started playing third person action/shooty games, exceptions being the Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, Saints Row 2&3, and Nier.
So when someone criticizes Alan Wake as feeling dated or 'playing like a 360 game' I have no idea what they mean lol.

As someone who never got burnt out on whatever 3rd person horror shooter genre gameplay conventions existed in the 2010s... yes! Holds up great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Serious question, how many people with plat find themselves having beef with people over pm, or getting lovely messages out of the blue? I’ve always wondered what people get up to in there.

Surprisingly almost never despite me arguing with people all the time on here

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

ready to show u my sack

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Holy poo poo, Robocop is a pretty drat good game. Detroit has never looked bettter, but the charachters and lipsync is horrible, still love how they captured the 80’s look from the movies. And the gore is beautiful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The only totally rando PM I've gotten was someone saying that my avatar and name reminded them of good times when they were younger :unsmith:

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

Please take a deep breath and count to ten if you're ever tempted to dm someone regarding their incorrect video game opinions.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I’m glad it’s not something I have to worry about since I’ve never had a bad opinion in my life

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Nobody has ever pm'd me :eng99:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also if you really feel the need to rant and rave about the video games which dishonoured you there is an entire thread in gbs devoted to exactly that

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

that thread is unreadable, much like most of the threads in gbs that aren’t about posting pictures of gross brazillian pizzas

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

The only totally rando PM I've gotten was someone saying that my avatar and name reminded them of good times when they were younger :unsmith:

Is that from Slayers? Even if it isn’t, it made think of being 15 and watching Slayers during summer break, so you’ve also reminded me of good times when I was younger. You’re two for two!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got a salty pm once that included the sentence “I'm glad I'm gonna die of cancer sooner rather than later so I won't be reading so much stupidity.”

They’re permabanned now I think.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Is that from Slayers? Even if it isn’t, it made think of being 15 and watching Slayers during summer break, so you’ve also reminded me of good times when I was younger. You’re two for two!

Same. 3 for 3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Lina Inverse is just that powerful

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

gallilee posted:

Holy poo poo, Robocop is a pretty drat good game. Detroit has never looked bettter, but the charachters and lipsync is horrible, still love how they captured the 80’s look from the movies. And the gore is beautiful.

The AAness of the game worked for me big time. Balls to the wall action and funny cutscenes where there's all this UE5 magic happening around Bethesda tier cardboard people.

RoboCop and Aliens Dark Descent are two of my favourite games of the year. Aliens probably the better licenced game as I feel like RoboCop starts to rely too heavily on lines from the movies, but overall both sick games and I hope we see more of their like in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

JBP posted:

The AAness of the game worked for me big time. Balls to the wall action and funny cutscenes where there's all this UE5 magic happening around Bethesda tier cardboard people.

RoboCop and Aliens Dark Descent are two of my favourite games of the year. Aliens probably the better licenced game as I feel like RoboCop starts to rely too heavily on lines from the movies, but overall both sick games and I hope we see more of their like in the future.

Holy moley, that Robocop game sounds really neat. You kinda sold me on it. I was thinking about finally firing up BG3 next, but shooting guys’ dicks off in Detroit sounds mighty tempting.