Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

holes in the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

dieselfruit posted:

I was there - it was good to log off and touch grass and get a feeling of irl solidarity. Not sure what the final numbers were, twitter people are saying 12,000, but it was the largest protest I've been to here in a long time - the march snaked all around downtown. There were a lot of kids and a lot of oldheads, felt like a good cross section of the city. (There was a much more tepid pro-Israel rally today at Christie Pits which from what I've seen looked much more white and boomer, and admitted to bussing in out of towners.)

DTI DTA DTC, Justin Trudeau Bob Rae and Melanie Joly to the Hague

Found a better shot

https://twitter.com/PalHighlight/status/1723820469181100275

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Judgy Fucker posted:

LF was funny because Lowtax hated it but as mentioned it was very popular so he didn't want to close it, so he just tried to make it unreadable with Forums Cancer and a hideous stylesheet. But no one was fazed by the stylesheet and Forums Cancer made it hard for everyone to read every forum so they got rid of it.

Anyway God drat America and God drat Israel

I was lurking for ten years before I registered. So many good memories. The big reveal about Toblerone Triangular. Where we got the term 'purestrain'. Haemoglobins effortposts.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wonder what happened to paradol ex

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hey remember when this all started and one of the greatest british political cartoonists of all time got fired for saying the israelis were going to bomb gaza indiscriminately

lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/AstuteCFO/status/1723846089726623747

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

lmfao 1000% indistinguishable from satire

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Owlbear Camus posted:

Has anyone kept a running tally of everyone and everything Israel has claimed is Hamas or is harboring/sheltering Hamas, necessitating indiscriminate bloody slaughter?

Hospitals
Schools
Churches
Mosques
The United Nations
United Nations Personnel
Doctors
Journalists
Refugee Camps
Ambulances

What did I miss?

Bakeries
A pizza parlor
Universities
Olive groves
The water and sewage systems of gaza
The aid trucks of water from Egypt
Mexico
Brazil
Online posting

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

am i losing my mind or did they photoshop a hook nose

(very likely i am losing my mind)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Brogeoisie posted:

Bakeries
A pizza parlor
Universities
Olive groves
Mexico
Brazil
Online posting

did they really go after Mexico for taking a neutral stance? I guess things make a lot more sense if Zapp Brannigan is in charge of the IDF

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Brogeoisie posted:

Bakeries
A pizza parlor
Universities
Olive groves
Mexico
Brazil
Online posting

The solar panels on buildings near hospitals.
The boats on the beaches used to fish in the sea.
Seemingly every apartment building.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Brogeoisie posted:

Bakeries
A pizza parlor
Universities
Olive groves
Mexico
Brazil
Online posting

Fishing boats

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

am i losing my mind or did they photoshop a hook nose

(very likely i am losing my mind)

looks like you're losing your mind

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fits my needs posted:

what slurs did you want to say after 9/11

demon cracker

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1723647395248955657

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

thank you for confirming

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

IDF declares Gazan children "based", halts offensive

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dieselfruit posted:

I was there - it was good to log off and touch grass and get a feeling of irl solidarity. Not sure what the final numbers were, twitter people are saying 12,000, but it was the largest protest I've been to here in a long time - the march snaked all around downtown. There were a lot of kids and a lot of oldheads, felt like a good cross section of the city. (There was a much more tepid pro-Israel rally today at Christie Pits which from what I've seen looked much more white and boomer, and admitted to bussing in out of towners.)

DTI DTA DTC, Justin Trudeau Bob Rae and Melanie Joly to the Hague

ty for your service.

as an oldhead I'm thinking about joining the next picket of a local pol's home.

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

zelah posted:

what is LF?

i say swears online posted:

kyoon~~ ⬤___⬤

Toblerone Triangular posted:

Pure Strain Gold!

think that about covers it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

dieselfruit posted:

There was a much more tepid pro-Israel rally today at Christie Pits

Oh was Forest Hill unavailable?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

John Charity Spring posted:

https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1723795481401217509

the Director-General of the WHO is now calling for a ceasefire

He's been calling for a ceasefire since like the day after israel invaded gaza, I think.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

Has anyone kept a running tally of everyone and everything Israel has claimed is Hamas or is harboring/sheltering Hamas, necessitating indiscriminate bloody slaughter?

Hospitals
Schools
Churches
Mosques
The United Nations
United Nations Personnel
Doctors
Journalists
Refugee Camps
Ambulances

What did I miss?

deez nuts

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

tatankatonk posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-seeking-to-appoint-uks-tony-blair-as-gaza-humanitarian-coordinator/

lol

Israel said seeking to appoint UK’s Tony Blair as Gaza humanitarian coordinator
With pressure on Jerusalem growing to do more for Strip’s civilians, Netanyahu reportedly hopes former British PM will take on task, providing war effort with greater legitimacy

Israel is seeking to install former British prime minister Tony Blair as a humanitarian coordinator for the Gaza Strip, according to a report Sunday, out of a desire to improve the humanitarian situation inside the Palestinian enclave and reduce international pressure as it continues to wage its war on Hamas.

The Ynet news outlet, citing unnamed senior officials, said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hopes to leverage Blair’s experience as former envoy to the region for the Middle East Quartet to temper international concerns over the civilian cost of Israel’s campaign in Gaza.

The report indicated Blair has been contacted on the matter and talks have been ongoing in recent weeks. The former British leader’s office told Ynet in response that “he has not been given or offered a position,” but did not directly deny any contact.

Israel is seeking to install former British prime minister Tony Blair as a humanitarian coordinator for the Gaza Strip, according to a report Sunday, out of a desire to improve the humanitarian situation inside the Palestinian enclave and reduce international pressure as it continues to wage its war on Hamas.

The Ynet news outlet, citing unnamed senior officials, said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hopes to leverage Blair’s experience as former envoy to the region for the Middle East Quartet to temper international concerns over the civilian cost of Israel’s campaign in Gaza.

The report indicated Blair has been contacted on the matter and talks have been ongoing in recent weeks. The former British leader’s office told Ynet in response that “he has not been given or offered a position,” but did not directly deny any contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtikPtdT-s

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
What is Lebanon's deal? They just get poo poo on constantly by Israel. A little fight back might prevent them from just surrounding a huge city of theirs at will.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1723850315269648593?s=20

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Grem posted:

What is Lebanon's deal? They just get poo poo on constantly by Israel. A little fight back might prevent them from just surrounding a huge city of theirs at will.

They aren't allowed to have the means to fight back properly

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

nasrallah just wants to cook

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the lebanese military (not hezbollah) is a joke and its sort of been kept this for various reasons by various parties

anyways israel is going insane because hezbollah is owning them in the north

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DanelBenNamer/status/1723808610197667975?t=DdPIlj03U3fQDzH5YPeiww

The most progressive of genocides.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

The point is that he's being called slurs for being Jewish, because the guy at the gym is angry at Israel and buys into the lie that Jewish people must be Zionist. And apparently, so does the journalist.

The article posted:

there is a person sitting in the changing room, where he says that I am one of those Zionist animals who support Israel
The fear of verbal or physical altercations has also meant that Elias has turned down his activity especially on Instagram, where he has otherwise expressed his views.

Who has clearly been pro-Israel, because I don't want to hide that, he says in Tiden.
In a year, I will be living in Israel, he says.

The journalist ends up writing an article that reads like

quote:

Racist assumes Jewish man supports the actions of Israel, calls him slurs and "one of those Zionist animals"

and the racist is entirely correct in this assumption

and so the Jewish man must move to Israel, where he can feel safe among the other Zionists.

If they weren't interested in conflating Judaism with Zionism, they could have picked any other example of antisemitism, of the dozens they apparently have to choose from, and not the one where a racist mixes up the two and is then proven right.

Edit: On second thought, this doesn't loving matter. I think everyone agrees that there is an attempt to conflate Zionism and Judaism, and that this is something western media likes to do. I wasn't trying to minimize antisemitism, I just found it galling that the article just happened to pick a zionist as the representative for victims of antisemitism.

Esran has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Nov 13, 2023

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I think this is the genre of genocide promotion I hate most.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that pit hes in was a city 5 weeks ago

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just holding up a flag with the words "in the name of love" in front of ruins is some psycho poo poo.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Confusedslight posted:

Just holding up a flag with the words "in the name of love" in front of ruins is some psycho poo poo.

Bayoneting a cancer patient in the name of love

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They love Genocide and apartheid OP.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

You can stand for gay rights or you can stand against genocide. It sucks but the devs really want players to make the hard decisions. there is a third path but it takes some extremely specific quest decisions and a speech build

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ernst Röhm was the prototype of this goober.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Lebanon has also been poo poo on for decades by both circumstance and intelligence services. The CIA/IDF love to sabotage and gently caress with them any chance they get. Syria and Egypt have also been getting hosed with to keep them chaotic and disorganized to be less threat to Israel.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Glad he finally got it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1723803637669880166?t=Ffy7lUp91oc_qddxt35xGg&s=19