Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Women have more comfortable clothes but men have better pockets. It's a real conundrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kdrudy posted:

Family pride based in the virginity of their children, loving insane poo poo. Never return.

Of their 23 year old male child no less. (I know, gender doesn't/shouldn't matter. But to your hosed up homophobic traditionalists like this it certainly seems to.)

I lost my virginity at 21. And that felt late to me. I never told my parents about it. but more importantly, my parents would never have dreamed of announcing and/or bragging about my virginity status to family members or friends.

Even if she assumed her unmarried 23 year old son was a virgin, that would just be the bog standard willfull ignorance of the traditionalist. But to brag about it in public to Aunt Edna at a family function is properly crazy.

And a slightly unrelated detail. If the family are that controlling/conservative/religious/traditional, then why did they let him off the leash to spend 6 months off on his own in another country, (Russia?) I'm surprised they let him get a view of the world outside. Or at 23, haven't tried to marry him off yet to a suitable young woman, (also a virgin).

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm Jewish so I always knew that Santa wasn't real. :smug: But I married into a Christian family and their Christmas tradition is that they pretend like they're still trying to keep the secret under wraps, even though for the longest time nobody in the family was under 25. It's absolutely not a serious thing, it just results in silly situations each year where I'll pull something out of a stocking and it'll be like

:v: Oh, this is awesome! Thank you, <wife's name>!
:j: (gives me a look and loudly and exaggeratedly clears her throat)
:v: Er uh, I mean, thank you Santa!

There's a baby nephew on that side of the family now though, so I'll have to start being a bit more careful :3:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The Jewish people have Doc Hanukkah instead of Santa Claus.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm Jewish so I always knew that Santa wasn't real. :smug: But I married into a Christian family and their Christmas tradition is that they pretend like they're still trying to keep the secret under wraps, even though for the longest time nobody in the family was under 25. It's absolutely not a serious thing, it just results in silly situations each year where I'll pull something out of a stocking and it'll be like

:v: Oh, this is awesome! Thank you, <wife's name>!
:j: (gives me a look and loudly and exaggeratedly clears her throat)
:v: Er uh, I mean, thank you Santa!

There's a baby nephew on that side of the family now though, so I'll have to start being a bit more careful :3:

What'd you have growing up? The Chanukah Golem?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Chanukah Zombie, duh

AITA for telling my brother if he’s going to be late, don’t show up?

quote:

I (31F) and my husband (29M) got married a week ago. Yay!

I spent 2 years planning my wedding and everything was great except for my brother’s (36M) tardiness with every event he came to.

For context: my brother and I don’t get along. Never have. I only invited him for my parents. Also, I was adopted so he’s not biologically related to me. He’s always late and in the past we’ve had to tell him an event was 2 hours earlier than it really was so he would be on time. He was late to my high school and college graduation and missed me walk both times.

When I was sending invitations, I put an extra note in his that read as follows “I know mom, dad, and I would love for you to attend, but if you’re going to be late, don’t bother showing up. Your girlfriend and her daughter are welcome to attend with or without you.”

He called me for the first time in years and cussed me out for the note. I held my ground and said I would still appreciate him coming to the wedding but I note allow to interrupt the ceremony by being late. He then called my parents and yelled at them as well. They said it was my wedding and they stood by my decision.

He came to the wedding. But he walked in as I was walking down the aisle and walked past me to his seat. I was horrified and embarrassed and mad. I didn’t know exactly what I was feeling in the moment but it was a mixture of things. After the ceremony, my dad and my biological father (who I’ve become close with over the years since I met him) both spoke to my brother about how that was inappropriate and rude. My brother didn’t care and asked where the bar was. He was forced to leave.

AITA?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Pomme de Terror posted:

She should have had security to block him. :(

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Came here to say the same thing. And if for some reason you don't wanna spring for a hotel for whatever reason, they have a ton of obscenely comfortable furniture in quiet locations for you to nap on.

My layover was like 5 hours and most of that was a nap and a massage. 10/10, would recommend.

I would say that in order to nap, you either need to be somewhere safe (so no one's gonna walk off with your stuff) or have a way to secure your stuff, or be traveling with someone so the two of you can trade off guard duty.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Holy poo poo that's a lot of words just to say "I'm aggressively vanilla". The way she built it up I was expecting way worse than a mild humiliation fetish. Dude sucks more, but they both seem pretty annoying tbh.

Honestly, I wouldn't call it "aggressively vanilla" to be uncomfortable with your partner bringing up a kink they want to play out, when they're bringing it up during sex. That's a massive red flag for me, because it's very hard to switch from sexy times to negotiating consent and boundaries, and because you're already not thinking clearly by that point.

If you can't bring it up when we're both sober, dressed, and not even considering sex at that second, then it's not ever happening.

blackmet posted:

I dislike her writing style.

His kinks seem to be mostly minor and someone who is, in Dan Savage parlance, "good, giving, and game," would at least try them sometimes as long as they weren't always mandatory. He also didn't spring them on her on the 2nd date and tried to have a discussion about them.

Where I would be out is someone saying "tell me all the ways I'm a disappointment to you" mid coitus. I really don't want to talk about how when you blow your nose it sounds like a foghorn and that time you accidentally insulted my friend's mom's coffee during sex. Those things kill my drive FAST.

They both suck (him for pushing his kinks on someone not really interested, her for not trying and writing about it badly), and in ways that make them ultimately incompatible with each other.

Yeah, they're incompatible and her writing style really is kind of obnoxious, but I dislike him more. I get the feeling that if he hadn't just been springing it on her - like "hey, I'm into latex lingerie, do you want to try that? We can find you something you're comfortable in" instead of "...oh, you went with normie lingerie, that's. That's nice, you tried. Anyways, I'll get you pleather and it shouldn't matter if it isn't comfortable as long as it makes me happy" and "so, I have a humiliation kink and I like being dominated in the bedroom" instead of springing that mid-coitus - she would've been willing to try.

I think her reluctance with the latex was that it's actually physically uncomfortable to wear if you're not prepared and it's a higher barrier for entry and trying it on than lingerie you can get at a Spencer's.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Jesus Christ that seems fast.

It is! Her friend who was warning her about him lovebombing her wasn’t wrong.

Desert Bus posted:

She should have had security to block him. :(

She probably told them to if he showed up late, but he argued his way past and they couldn't go ask her if she was really sure because she was walking.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Pomme de Terror posted:

"Ushers" at the wedding are basically there to act as bouncers; someone fucks up by turning up late they get turned back at the venue doors. At my own wedding we had a couple of burly cousins to keep certain family members out after a previous family wedding ended up having riot police/SWAT called ($100k of damage to the venue, multiple assaults, the Irish can go HARD at weddings). Thankfully there was no drama at ours. A wedding after that another cousin topped the riot police turning up by having the entire Irish national rugby team at his wedding, and they carried multiple people out of the venue, got drunk as gently caress themselves, and a bunch of them ended up being arrested for assaulting a cow, and the night ended with the mother of the bride and her ex husband beating the poo poo out of each other on the dancefloor with hefty floral arrangements.

cynic fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 12, 2023

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

cynic posted:

"Ushers" at the wedding are basically there to act as bouncers; someone fucks up by turning up late they get turned back at the venue doors. At my own wedding we had a couple of burly cousins to keep certain family members out after a previous family wedding ended up having riot police/SWAT called ($100k of damage to the venue, multiple assaults, the Irish can go HARD at weddings). Thankfully there was no drama. A wedding after that another cousin topped the riot police turning up by having the entire Irish national rugby team at his wedding, and they carried multiple people out of the venue, got drunk as gently caress themselves, and a bunch of them ended up being arrested for assaulting a cow, and the night ended with the mother of the bride and her ex husband beating the poo poo out of each other on the dancefloor with hefty floral arrangements.

assaulted a cow how exactly

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

cynic posted:

"Ushers" at the wedding are basically there to act as bouncers; someone fucks up by turning up late they get turned back at the venue doors. At my own wedding we had a couple of burly cousins to keep certain family members out after a previous family wedding ended up having riot police/SWAT called ($100k of damage to the venue, multiple assaults, the Irish can go HARD at weddings). Thankfully there was no drama at ours. A wedding after that another cousin topped the riot police turning up by having the entire Irish national rugby team at his wedding, and they carried multiple people out of the venue, got drunk as gently caress themselves, and a bunch of them ended up being arrested for assaulting a cow, and the night ended with the mother of the bride and her ex husband beating the poo poo out of each other on the dancefloor with hefty floral arrangements.

This sounds like the closest we will get to a Dothraki wedding. I wish I could have seen this.

As long as the cow was okay.

AITA: my cousin wants to bring a surprise baby to my baby shower

quote:

My cousin texted me a week ago telling me that he had a baby that no one in our family knows about. He said he’s bringing it to my wife and my first baby shower and can’t wait for everyone to meet her. (He hasn’t even told anyone she exist) I at first was excited but then was confused why he’s waiting until our baby shower to tell everyone when the baby is 2 months old. My wife hasn’t said she’s upset but I know the baby shower should have all the attention on her and our future baby. Am I an rear end in a top hat if I ask him not to bring her?

AITA - wife's parents passed away and she wants a 6th child to help with grief

quote:

As the title mentions, my wife's parents passed away 3 years apart from each other with the most recent in 2022 when my wife was 36. Since her parent passed in 2019, she has mentioned wanting another baby to help with the grieving process and focus her love. I have been on the fence and we have gotten to a point of potential divorce as a result.

For back story, we already have 5 kids with the oldest going to college next year and the youngest at 4 years old. After the youngest, I got a vasectomy. We went back and forth over if I would do it or her, but I went through with it because I mentioned she had already done enough by having 5 kids. She went with me to the procedure and was there for me through the process.

Fast forward to today, I've been back and forth, but am not 100% certain on having another and getting a reversal. She says I'm inconsiderate of her and that I broke our wedding vows by not being there for her in her time of need.

My concerns are financial and that I'm starting to enjoy the ability to do things we couldn't do with younger kids/babies. She says that I'm being selfish by not taking her want into further consideration or having a reversal by now.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not having a baby to support my wife through this tough time in her life and did I break my wedding vows?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 12, 2023

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Guildenstern Mother posted:

assaulted a cow how exactly

The venue was a large marquee looking out onto fields full of cows. They decided to test their strength against some cows, caused a minor stampede in the dark and one of the cows broke a leg running into a shallow stream. Given that they are minor celebrities and it was rural Ireland I imagine some money changed hands with the farmer and everyone was happy in the end except that cow,

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cowslips Warren posted:

That's a TERRIBLE reason to burden a human being with existence. Just get a goldfish.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Holy poo poo, therapy is much, much cheaper than a kid.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

That's a TERRIBLE reason to burden a human being with existence. Just get a goldfish.

These people haven't even proven they can keep a human alive for 20+ years don't subject a poor goldfish to them.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

This sounds like the closest we will get to a Dothraki wedding. I wish I could have seen this.

It was kind of depressing to be honest. My overwhelming memory of the event was a bunch of drunk idiots and bitter people arguing with each other, dredging up old hatreds, followed by the very loud sound of a cow in considerable pain. Then the police turned up and everyone just decided the night was hosed and went home early.

Similarly the riot police one. Hope you enjoy giving witness statements (nobody saw poo poo of course) into the early hours of the morning while slowly sobering up.

So at my own wedding; strictly none of the fightin' irish invited (and they were pissed off, but gently caress em), bunch of sober ushers to wrangle the drunks, free bar, amazing food, DJ, free shuttle bus back to the city, everyone had an amazing time and absolutely zero drama.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Desert Bus posted:

These people haven't even proven they can keep a human alive for 20+ years don't subject a poor goldfish to them.

Fair, she can get one of those robot fish bath toys instead. Or one of those little zany ferret balls.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Better or worse than my friend’s seventy-five year old parents adopting a six month old after she told them she and her husband won’t be having children?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Better or worse than my friend’s seventy-five year old parents adopting a six month old after she told them she and her husband won’t be having children?

How the gently caress did an agency sign off on that?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Russian expats.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Baron Zephyrus posted:

I mean, he was right to do it, NTA and all that. But. Jesus loving wept. What a hive of hypocrites. Preaching about the Anti-Christ and the supposed evils of homosexuality and premarital sex, but are Catholics that don't hold confessions as confidential? I think the term for it is sacrament? I don't know a lot about Catholicism (even my dad distanced himself from it around the time he married my very-not-Catholic mom) but I do know at least two things about it over the Protestant versions of Christianity I was raised in: You fast for Lent and that Confessional is immutably sacred no matter what was said. This stood out to me so starkly that I had to reread the rest of the post to remember the other reason I was mad.

Yes, breaking the Seal of Confessional is an immediate Excommunication. Like, go to the bishop and if the priest is still there 2 weeks later you write to Rome and explain it to him:
Cardinal Luis Francisco Ladaria Ferrer, SJ
Congregation/Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith
Piazza del S. Uffizio 11
00193 Roma
Italia

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

tinytort posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't call it "aggressively vanilla" to be uncomfortable with your partner bringing up a kink they want to play out, when they're bringing it up during sex. That's a massive red flag for me, because it's very hard to switch from sexy times to negotiating consent and boundaries, and because you're already not thinking clearly by that point.

If you can't bring it up when we're both sober, dressed, and not even considering sex at that second, then it's not ever happening.

Yeah, they're incompatible and her writing style really is kind of obnoxious, but I dislike him more. I get the feeling that if he hadn't just been springing it on her - like "hey, I'm into latex lingerie, do you want to try that? We can find you something you're comfortable in" instead of "...oh, you went with normie lingerie, that's. That's nice, you tried. Anyways, I'll get you pleather and it shouldn't matter if it isn't comfortable as long as it makes me happy" and "so, I have a humiliation kink and I like being dominated in the bedroom" instead of springing that mid-coitus - she would've been willing to try.

So, I had to respond to this because it feels like you misread the story a bit. He first mentioned he liked lingerie (whether during sex or not it's not said), she bought some lingerie and wore it, and then

quote:

After my newly dressed derriere’s debut, morning coffee went like this: “I really appreciate you hearing me, but that’s not really the kind of lingerie I’m into. … Have you ever thought about latex?”
I don't think having a discussion the morning after or whatever is really the same as springing one's kinks onto someone during sex. It's a decently appropriate time to have that discussion, really. Like, it's topical, and you can go "well I liked that we did X, but I'd like to try Y" or whatever, rather than dropping that tidbit at midday lunch instead.
After this talk they continued the relationship on for a bit and he did bring up the "how am I a disappointment" question during sex, which presumably might have been part of his kink, but the original conversation didn't take place how you seem to have imagined it to go in your head.

As for my take on the article, aside from the author being insufferable, I was really expecting something... well, more interesting, I guess. All that writing and lead-up to just be a generic sexual incompatibility basically, and not even with a really out-there kink.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Clocks posted:

So, I had to respond to this because it feels like you misread the story a bit. He first mentioned he liked lingerie (whether during sex or not it's not said), she bought some lingerie and wore it, and then

I don't think having a discussion the morning after or whatever is really the same as springing one's kinks onto someone during sex. It's a decently appropriate time to have that discussion, really. Like, it's topical, and you can go "well I liked that we did X, but I'd like to try Y" or whatever, rather than dropping that tidbit at midday lunch instead.
After this talk they continued the relationship on for a bit and he did bring up the "how am I a disappointment" question during sex, which presumably might have been part of his kink, but the original conversation didn't take place how you seem to have imagined it to go in your head.

As for my take on the article, aside from the author being insufferable, I was really expecting something... well, more interesting, I guess. All that writing and lead-up to just be a generic sexual incompatibility basically, and not even with a really out-there kink.

I would be curious to hear his side of the story. I mean, even by her account he said "I like sexy lingerie" not "I want to see you wear lingerie." It would be funny if he was dropping all kinds of clues that were just ignored/misinterpreted until he sat her down with a PowerPoint. "I think latex is sexy" "Oh I never took any advanced math courses."

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 13, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The guy's lovely for going "well who cares how you feel about wearing it when you should be happy to please me", beyond any questions about how he was communicating stuff.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling the mailbox store attendant to go home?

quote:

My partner and I rent a box at a nearby mailbox store. We do this so that we have a safe place to have packages delivered to, without either of us needing to be home to take delivery or risking theft of packages left at the door. We typically pick up the delivered packages on Saturdays. The mailbox store is open until 3PM on Saturdays and is closed on Sundays. The store is about a 6-8 minute drive from our house.

Yesterday was Saturday. My partner went to the grocery store and then made it to the mailbox store shortly before 3PM. He picked up the items that had been delivered for us over the course of the week. He returned home at 3:02PM, took off his shoes, changed out of his pants, and started sorting through his groceries and the packages. At 3:07PM he realized that one of the packages was missing. He immediately called the store and the mailbox store attendant answered the phone, despite it being after closing time. My partner asked whether the missing package was still at the store. After a minute or two the employee said yes, he had found it. My partner asked if the attendant would mind staying an extra 10 minutes so that he could go pick up the package. The attendant agreed. My partner thanked him very much and hung up the phone. It was now 3:10PM

After my partner hung up the phone, he went into the kitchen. He pulled some items out and began to wash a thermos. I asked him what he was doing. He said was preparing himself a smoothie. I asked him why he would prepare himself a smoothie when he has to get to the mailbox store so that the attendant, who is waiting for him, can give him the package. He says it will only take a couple minutes, and he can take the smoothie with him. He continues to prepare the smoothie and, at 3:15PM, it appears he is done.

At this point he sits down and starts sipping his smoothie while looking at his phone. I ask him if he is going to go now. He says he needs to put on his shoes and pants. I ask if he is going to put his pants and shoes back on and he says he will in a minute. He continues to look at his phone and drink his smoothie.

At 3:18PM, without discussing with my partner, I call the mailbox store. The attendant replies and I tell him that, while we thank him for waiting, we are unable to get to the store in a timely manner and he should go home. My partner overhears it, tries to tell me to tell him he’ll be there in 10 minutes, but I complete the call without doing that. My partner calls back but there is no answer. He quickly changes into his pants, puts on his shoes, rushes to the car and drives to the mailbox store. By the time he gets there the attendant is gone. My partner returns home and is angry with me for telling the attendant to go home and also for not asking him to stay another 10 minutes. Now he will have to wait until Monday to pick up the missing package. AITA?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm pushing 40 with 5 kids, and am sad because my mum and dad died. I want another baby. What's that, you had a vasectomy after our last child 4 years ago? And also don't think that having a baby to help me deal with grief is healthy either for me or the baby? Well clearly you are the arsehole here, and I am justified at you for trying to be a good husband and dad to the 5 kids we already have.

Imagine how life would suck for that kid if she had gotten her way.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mx. posted:

Plot twist: the packages were unopened wedding gifts that his sister sent back after he barged late into her wedding.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Mx. posted:

This warms my little ex-retail employee heart. To the deepest pits of hell with customers who think it's okay to take advantage of service staff, especially after closing.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mx. posted:

What an jerk, get someone to stay late and then dawdle. I'd be starting the car as I hung up the phone if I was lucky enough to have someone stick around for me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, gently caress that guy. "Oh, thanks for doing me a big solid above and beyond your work duties! Now to just dick you around for awhile", what an rear end in a top hat.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for not wanting to eat cat food?

quote:

Throw away because my friends know my main. I (24F) have been seeing my friend of 4 years (M26), let's call him Joe, for the last 3 or so months. We weren't super close when we were just friends, mostly we hung out together when we saw eachother at parties and other group events as we have a lot of mutual friends. But I have liked him for a while, he is always so much fun to be around and we've had some good deep convos over the years. I was very happy when we started seeing eachother romantically, and everything has been going really well so far.

Come to last night, we had a date planned where he would cook for me for the first time. I went over, he had candles lit, he had bought fresh flowers for the table, he had bought my favourite fancy beers, it was lovely. I was so impressed with how romantic it all was, and I was starting to think to myself "wow, I am falling in love with this guy".

He said he was making me traditional lasagna as he knows it's one of my favourites and I rarely get the time to make it. I went out to the kitchen to see if he wanted any help, and he said he had it all covered. I went to throw away my beer can while I was in the kitchen, and I noticed two tins of cat food in the recycling. I didn't know he had a cat, and I love cats, so I asked where it was. He said "What? I don't have a cat." Now I'm super confused, and I say "Why do you have cat food tins in the recycling? It's not for dinner is it?" AS A JOKE, and he turns around, looking serious as hell, and he says "Would that be a problem?". I thought he was joking back, so I carried on with it, but he didn't reply and just looked so serious, his body language was rigid, and he was staring at me weird.

I was like "Wait...is there actually cat food in that lasagne?". He said "It's cooked down for so long you can't tell. It was just the smartest economical choice.". I absolutely lost it at this point, and I will admit maybe I freaked out a bit too much, because I just couldn't believe someone would try to feed someone cat food. He didn't like my reaction and called me "elitist" and said that it's "just meat". This started a whole new argument, because I actually am and always have been pretty poor, and he does pretty well for himself as his skillset is very highly paid, and I was not prepared mentally to be called elitist in that moment.

We argued for maybe an hour and then I left. I'm devastated, I feel like I was experiencing this amazing high of falling in love with this guy, and then this insane reveal happened. I also feel so disgusted that if I had never come into the kitchen, I would've just eaten it. I have looked into if it's safe to eat pet food, and most sources say that it increases the chances of foodbourne illnesses, but also they say it is safe in theory. Now I'm wondering if I made too big a deal about this as everything else about this guy is fantastic. Do I owe him an apology?

TL;DR- new bf tried to feed me cat food, he thinks it's fine, I don't.

c'mon babe, this is fancy feast. it's not like i'm feeding you some meow mix bullshit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do people really have "mains" on Reddit? Everything there is so disposable, the idea of being a persistent user with a community on there, that your IRL friends might see, is so bizarre to me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

I was kinda hoping for a longform Garfield joke the moment I saw "lasagna", but alas

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Do people really have "mains" on Reddit? Everything there is so disposable, the idea of being a persistent user with a community on there, that your IRL friends might see, is so bizarre to me.

Just the other day people were talking about Finsta like it was the most normal thing.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That's cause you post on a bulletin board nobody's ever going to find instead.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Foo Diddley posted:

c'mon babe, this is fancy feast. it's not like i'm feeding you some meow mix bullshit

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Dude was trying to set up a prank video, wasn't he? Is there a tiktok fad of making your SO eat pet food?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Just the other day people were talking about Finsta like it was the most normal thing.

This is actually a super common thing among the teenagers. It's funny, too, because they're on Life360 or whatever where their friends can track their every movement, but also running secret accounts and stuff where they can talk poo poo about everyone behind their backs.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

This is reminiscent of a story I heard a stand up, or maybe it was a soap actor or some other minor celebrity, tell on a talk show once.

His family had immigrated from Lebanon when he was a small boy. So his mum didn't speak English that well. At the supermarket one day she saw these big bags of "meat", that were cheaper than what she was used to finding. So she bought it for her family. No complaints, no problems, and she just cooked it as she would any other self respecting Lebanese housewife. And all was well. Until one day years later, when he went shopping with his mum, and having grown up in Australia, he spoke English fluently. And saw that the sacks of "meat" that his mum was buying, and that he, his father and sisters had been eating for years, were actually dog food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Serving cat food with the justification that it's the best economical decision from someone that earns a lot, sounds like some kind of gold digging test and you should dump him. Like if the food itself tasted fine I wouldn't be bothered since it's generally not going to especially bad for humans (compared to some of the fast food we eat) or anything.