Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny that there are two Shads on the internet and they're both dogshit people.

Lol
https://twitter.com/arvalis/status/1723581520072569056?t=hIaa30eVChSZ7XW1GIDl_A&s=19

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's that time of the year again; Desert Bus for Hope has started their annual drive! :peanut:

This year they're also all back in-house for all shifts too.
DBfH is good fun.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

gently caress yeah, more Boddy Fingers coming!

Edit: criminal this guy doesn't even have 100k subs.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I spent the last week slowly chewing through the DTRH Eve documentary - its a wild enough ride on its own, but what makes it especially nuts from a goon perspective is the fact that I can go straight to The MMO HMO, pull up the archived threads and see exactly what was going on here whenever poo poo Went Down. Like the posts leading into B-R5RB, maybe the biggest battle in the games history at that time, was mostly shooting the poo poo about game-mechanics, in-game politics and multiboxing with like maybe one or two guys mentioning that the sov in the system dropped. Then once it becomes clear this is going to be a huge time-dilated supercap slugfest, everyone starts chomping at the bit for a piece of the action, and the responses from there slowly shift to awe and disbelief as it becomes increasingly clear just how may titans are eating poo poo in this battle.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Skippy McPants posted:

worlds best kept secret imo

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I spent the last week slowly chewing through the DTRH Eve documentary - its a wild enough ride on its own, but what makes it especially nuts from a goon perspective is the fact that I can go straight to The MMO HMO, pull up the archived threads and see exactly what was going on here whenever poo poo Went Down. Like the posts leading into B-R5RB, maybe the biggest battle in the games history at that time, was mostly shooting the poo poo about game-mechanics, in-game politics and multiboxing with like maybe one or two guys mentioning that the sov in the system dropped. Then once it becomes clear this is going to be a huge time-dilated supercap slugfest, everyone starts chomping at the bit for a piece of the action, and the responses from there slowly shift to awe and disbelief as it becomes increasingly clear just how may titans are eating poo poo in this battle.

It's crazy that a 6 hour documentary about EVE only just "covers the basics", there are so many separate stories of EVE that could go on for hours and hours. I understand their decision to try and cover every facet of the game's history instead of focusing on one part.

It's kind of sad that Pandemic Legion and Pandemic Horde, two very important alliances are basically scrubbed because saying pandemic in a youtube video will probably get it demonitized.

Also, one of those big battles is presented in a way that presents TEST (the reddit alliance) as a victim of the servers not working instead of their own stupidity. I'm guessing Fredrik was given two different sides of that battle and tried to be neutral. I was there and know that's not what happened, so it's weird hearing it presented in an untruthful explanation.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1cf00rq1w

Yesterworld is back with a video about a cartoon rabbit.

No not that one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skippy McPants posted:

Counting down the days

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rK3jn3SNp4

I don't know if this really fits the thread. As Brandon Sanderson isn't an online creator, but I thought this quasi-interview he has about the state of the publishing industry was pretty interesting.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

He was just eight steps away, because some churches have basketball courts too but they never look like that

This has to be the most surreal experience I have ever stumbled into irl.
Hmmm the freaking huge church I just moved in around the corner from is open. I'll pop my head in and have a look around. Wow. Double court, with a couple people shooting hoops.
How do they afford all this?
Oh, it's one of those tithing things. I see.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe its cause I just woke up and am still groggy, but there's something my brain can't parse about an adult fawning over an AI generated piece of garbage that looks like something a 13 year old would draw. Like I gently caress around with some AI generators as well and can "produce" something something that looks a million times better with like 2-3 words without putting too much thought into it.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Archer666 posted:

Maybe its cause I just woke up and am still groggy, but there's something my brain can't parse about an adult fawning over an AI generated piece of garbage that looks like something a 13 year old would draw. Like I gently caress around with some AI generators as well and can "produce" something something that looks a million times better with like 2-3 words without putting too much thought into it.

Kayin (retsuprae made fun of them once for not being good at super metroid.) made a post on her cohost talking about the process of creating an image in one of the AI tools and the takeaway was basically "you can put as much effort into 'AI art' as you want, but it doesn't care, and you can't really be satisfied with the result (unless you're a talentless hack like shad, obviously)
https://cohost.org/Kayin/post/1353517-putting-a-girl-on-a

he also posted a thread on twitter about this image specifically, in case anyone was wondering if the improvements to the technology make it more impressive
https://twitter.com/KayinNasaki/status/1723520218109030842

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Somewhere in the comments somebody showed that he typed "warrior fighting dragon" into a generator and got an almost as good image of a knight fighting a dragon. Although the AI made a weird dragon that was just a full head with little legs under it like a hosed up porg, so I guess he needed to specify a dragon with a normal body. But yeah, lol at putting effort in and getting that.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Bill Waterson, along with a colleague, published a comicbook this year where his artwork is turned into sculptures and photographed. Renegade Cut made a video about it!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How legit are youtube channels like Epic History TV? With a name like that I'm rather wary that they'd be pop history fluff but from the videos I have seen they seem quite well done and fleshed out. With Ridley Scott's Napoleon movie comi g out soon I've been getting recommendations for Epic History TV since they've got a whole series going in about major battles of the Napoleonic Wars but I'd like to know from someone more knowledgeable if they're doing their homework.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guarantee it's more accurate than Scott's Napoleon film.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Gaius Marius posted:

Thank the preview window for this
Fake edit: gently caress, beaten

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

isn't his brother an artist? surely he could get better results by asking his bro to teach him and not doing whatever this is.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Whirling posted:

isn't his brother an artist? surely he could get better results by asking his bro to teach him and not doing whatever this is.

Oh nonononono you misunderstand. He absolutely resents that his brother is a better artist than his piss poor efforts and went off the rails once trying to get Jazza to admit Shad is a true artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1VybvjzaK0

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaius Marius posted:

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1721605934240112918?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm of two minds on that statement. On the one hand, Kingdom of Heaven is about as accurate as Monty Python. On the other hand, the director's cut is one of the best epic films ever made, Orlando Bloom's poor acting notwithstanding.

But criticism of historical accuracy really comes down to whether what is presented onscreen is good or not, and that's always going to be subjective.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

His thesis is that Napoleon became who he was because he was desperate for pussy. The English have no right to write about Napoleon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Actually he does. Hth

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

People seem to mostly only 'care' about historical accuracy if they cast a black person or a woman these days

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

beep by grandpa posted:

People seem to mostly only 'care' about historical accuracy if they cast a black person or a woman these days

...is there something about Napoleon I don't know?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
uhhh hey baby, i'm like, emperor of france

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ridley Scott presents: Black Napoleon

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Everyone knows Napoleon lost at Waterloo, what this film presupposes is what if he didn’t?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mycot posted:

...is there something about Napoleon I don't know?

One of his generals was black and was Alexandre Dumas's grandfather.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Grassy Knowles posted:

Everyone knows Napoleon lost at Waterloo, what this film presupposes is what if he didn’t?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_9CiNkkn4

Checks out.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Skippy McPants posted:

I watched the early release on Patreon and while it starts a little low-energy it quickly goes to absolute insane places. I can see why this one took so long.

Also lol that the Michael Jackson diorama was apparently buried near Neverland Ranch

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Recently I saw this tweet by Trey the Explainer:

https://twitter.com/Trey_Explainer/status/1722866295262138590

which leads me to this guy, Nigel Bach, who has made at least twelve micro-budget found footage horror movies of the same premise called BAD BEN. Just look at how incredible his very 90s website to get a feel of what this guy is like

https://badben.com/

And all of them other than the 2nd movie appear to be completely focused on this guy played by himself in a large (and what is pretty obviously his own) house haunted by BAD BEN.

I've watched 1-3, and while I won't call them masterpieces they are (save 2, again) these entertaining films, with arguably diminishing returns, where you watch this middle-aged midwestern guy grumpily telling ghosts to gently caress off in a new jersey accent because he just wanted to flip the house he bought at a sheriff's sale and they were ruining his finances, goddammit. From what I read he originally wanted to make the first film a typical teenage slasher movie but people kept dropping out so he just filmed himself at a US$300 budget, not expecting everyone to find his character endearing enough that he made a nice profit. And he's still making movies where the next is called THE DRACULA SITUATION. All the films have lovely cheap effects and decoration/costumes straight out of a spirit halloween, in one of them he very obviously pretends to punch himself to act like an invisible demon was attacking him, and another film other characters do a seance with him in the shot looking mildly annoyed they are stirring poo poo.

To link this to another online creator, he did a game to promote one of his later films and Gamegrumps went into it blind. If you are interested based on what I wrote and ready to sink about 2 hours of your time, I would recommend watching the first BAD BEN and then this gameplay video, which actually has some very clever scares and a dedicated command to curse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIukZfNU7H8

On a dumber note I found a reddit post about a guy who's mad that his interview with Bach had the latter being very dismissive to him, and it turned out he asked Bach "hey are you gonna put in adult themes and nudity into your dumb little films" and it's like, why do you think he was rude to you dude

Anyway that's my recommendation this time traveling, I'll post about other videos I've been watching in the airport and on flight after a bit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i could kick bad ben's rear end

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Skippy McPants posted:

drat didn't know about this guy, he's great. somehow he simultaneously has the exact same and the exact opposite vibe as Studson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTM_iMM_c0

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I actually groaned when Jamie Oliver also appeared in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7r26_NqfLw

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Steelmanville Road (bad Ben 2) is loving awful. But the rest are bad movie entertaining. Bad Ben 1 is probably my 3 or 4th favorite found footage movie just because of the premise "what if you were flat broke and the house you planned to flip was haunted" is solid and the scene from the tweet is legit hilarious.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
found footage film where you are addicted to meth but the meth is haunted

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

found footage film where you are addicted to meth but the meth is haunted

Interesting premise for a Breaking Bad reboot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Interesting premise for a Breaking Bad reboot.

what if the meth was haunted instead of his hat, which was the haunted object of the original series...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Ariong posted:

Ridley Scott presents: Black Napoleon

Make the Toussaint Louverture movie you cowards.