Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Gobert's little "whatever, I didn't even need that OREB" hand wave is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1723714324089217186

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
This is a really good vid about how good Scottie has been this year.

10 mins in Caruso has played the best d of anyone on him in the vid @ 4 mins. The eye fake through the 4 man wall pass is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6SbXFctdwk

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Costco Meatballs posted:

This is a really good vid about how good Scottie has been this year.

10 mins in Caruso has played the best d of anyone on him in the vid @ 4 mins. The eye fake through the 4 man wall pass is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6SbXFctdwk

Scotrick Barnes went from lowest bball iq on earth to bucket man. really wonderful transition

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Sometimes it makes me wonder what players would have also become the man if given the opportunity and space to cook.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
really is what makes this such a magical game - and if scottie can keep this going what his season might be. just that rare alignment of mental, physical, and having the money believe in you

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Bad

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/status/1723808513045020988?s=46

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Really not looking forward to reading fawning articles about Miles bravely overcoming the adversity of repeatedly bashing his child's mother in the face.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

ChickenMedium posted:

Really not looking forward to reading fawning articles about Miles bravely overcoming the adversity of repeatedly bashing his child's mother in the face.

Not everyone can overcome misdemeanor child endangerment via throwing a billiard ball through a windshield (this happened after already pleading no contest to domestic violence) and go on to play just two months later

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ugggh

https://twitter.com/Balldontlie/status/1723792114201293191

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Harden really is a parasite huh lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mavs announcer guy is loading up the pump. hes got a couple uzis. hes ready for war

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kerr always acts dumb when it comes to defending Draymond but now he’s pretending he can’t count

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1723563142771613979?s=20

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

Kerr always acts dumb when it comes to defending Draymond but now he’s pretending he can’t count

https://twitter.com/kendra__andrews/status/1723563142771613979?s=20

draymond once got a 2nd technical in a finals game and they retroactively changed his first technical, from multiple quarters before, to be on steve kerr instead

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He's right. People shouldn't tell him how to do his job. Such a ray of light, sir.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Grizzlies win

Thank you Le Sleepwalking Dick Toucher Root Beer Barrel Man

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Grizzlies win

Thank you Le Sleepwalking Dick Toucher Root Beer Barrel Man

Oh my god they actually beat the clippers. I thought the clippers couldn’t get any funnier.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I got free tickets to bulls magic game on Wednesday, can someone fill me in on what I need to know / who to jeer at

I haven't watched any live games this year and mostly just glance at the box score to see if they lost

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 13, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

trevorreznik posted:

I got free tickets to bulls magic game on Wednesday, can someone fill me in on what I need to know / who to meet at

I haven't watched any live games this year and mostly just glance at the box score to see if they lost

here’s what you need to know: the magic are a better team than the bulls

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Tyrese Maxey has joined the 50 point club

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I love him

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1723873170178928865
come on

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how are the clippers so bad lol.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Seams posted:

theyre the all star team from 8 years ago or w/e. over the hill, bad. washed up.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Seams posted:

maybe if they had listened that mavs commentator from several pages ago they would be good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember being kinda upset Toronto couldn't retain Kawhi but with everything that's happened since then they kinda dodged a bullet.

I know they have some bad money tied to various people and they've been middling at best, but jesus that's a ton of money for a guy who's gonna miss 25-50 games yearly

(Also keenly aware how lucky Toronto was things worked out when he WAS there)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 13, 2023

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Heat are a lot more fun to watch than they were last regular season. even for all his faults, J-Rich is a much more compelling player to watch than Strus banging every shot off the front of the rim, Jaquez is unbelievably cool, I loved cheering on the Cody Zeller magick screen machine when Dewayne Dedmon slapped a massager 15 feet into the air but TB31 actually has some touch and grace, Duncan Robinson seems to have like 3 moves in his arsenal now

e: updated to account for who was actually the backup 5

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 13, 2023

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Stevie Lee posted:

Tyrese Maxey has joined the 50 point club

The other Tyrese in the game had 25 points and 17 assists with 0 turnovers too.

Hell of a Tyrese game.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Nikola Jokic had 36/21/11, but lost to the Rockets who might actually be good this year. Jalen Green was 1-13 so it wasn’t like a lights out shooting night. They’ve won the last two with good defense and stable play in crunch time. Sengun is making the jump too.

I know the Jazz started like 12-2 last year, so maybe I shouldn’t get too excited. Still, I would be excited for a play-in game after the last 3 seasons.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
The rockets have played 7 home games and just 2 road games, nobody else in the league has a split like that. That said they have the 6th best record in the NBA, which is crazy to think about.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

The rockets have played 7 home games and just 2 road games, nobody else in the league has a split like that. That said they have the 6th best record in the NBA, which is crazy to think about.

There was a point where they said that they hadn't traveled in three weeks on one of their broadcasts. That's insane.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dokmo posted:

using this post to spit a very mundane take: the scheduling for this first bit of the year has been loving garbage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aye Doc posted:

using this post to spit a very mundane take: the scheduling for this first bit of the year has been loving garbage

the wolves have two straight road games against the Warriors (tonight and tuesday) and apparently the warrior play OKC twice in a row at home after that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

dokmo posted:

I'll take what I can get after the last few years

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember being kinda upset Toronto couldn't retain Kawhi but with everything that's happened since then they kinda dodged a bullet.

I know they have some bad money tied to various people and they've been middling at best, but jesus that's a ton of money for a guy who's gonna miss 25-50 games yearly

(Also keenly aware how lucky Toronto was things worked out when he WAS there)

yeah but to wake up every day with the hope that maybe he gets healthy for a playoff run makes it worth it. even if it doesn't happen you still get to watch a play-in team work through it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1723903264515612717

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Aye Doc posted:

the Heat are a lot more fun to watch than they were last regular season. even for all his faults, J-Rich is a much more compelling player to watch than Strus banging every shot off the front of the rim, Jaquez is unbelievably cool, I loved cheering on the Cody Zeller magick screen machine when Dewayne Dedmon slapped a massager 15 feet into the air but TB31 actually has some touch and grace, Duncan Robinson seems to have like 3 moves in his arsenal now

e: updated to account for who was actually the backup 5

I love jaquez and also love that Josh Richardson is finally hitting shots. Duncan’s little hesitation on wemby might be his greatest career highlight yet.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

James Harden needs to be a Nutrisystem player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah that notorious Rockets home court advantage. Really played great at the Toyota center the last 3 seasons in front of 2000 fans. A Rockets team that’s great at home and poo poo on the road would be twice as good as any Rockets team since the Harden days.