Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just spent 3 days cleaning and organizing my garage. My back hates me right now but it feels so good to have that done. My pickup box is stuffed full of trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ozymandius1024 posted:

SM slander will not be tolerated!

I never played it until I was in my late 20s (so I don't have any nostalgic attention to it from my childhood), and I thought it help up super well for being something 30 years old. I'm a massive mark for metroidvanias though, so I guess my opinion could be taken with a grain of salt.

I played it for the first time in 2010 and had to force myself to finish it hth. Will also admit that I favor the "Vania" side of Metroidvania though (short-range combat, more RPG elements, fantasy trappings vs sci-fi etc.)

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have never played a Metroid game. I feel like I should have, I just never bought one.

Download a GBA emulator and play Metroid Zero Mission. Or get the Metroid Prime remaster if you own a Switch.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Made it to Final Destination 3, which has one of the best scene transitions I’ve ever seen: two girls in a shared tanning booth room burn to death. It shows an overhead view of the two beds as they’re dying. Cut to an overhead view of two coffins because they’re being buried next to each other, because why not?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Just spent 3 days cleaning and organizing my garage. My back hates me right now but it feels so good to have that done. My pickup box is stuffed full of trash.

I’ve spent the last week-ish hanging the main TV and some floating shelves, installing some new baseboard heaters and smart thermostats for them, a track light, and re-flooring our stairs. The place is basically spotless now since we hosted Friendsgiving yesterday (except for the kitchen lol) but between all of those projects, associated tools, saws, and scrap pieces/sawdust, it looks like a bomb went off in the garage :(

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

I’ve spent the last week-ish hanging the main TV and some floating shelves, installing some new baseboard heaters and smart thermostats for them, a track light, and re-flooring our stairs. The place is basically spotless now since we hosted Friendsgiving yesterday (except for the kitchen lol) but between all of those projects, associated tools, saws, and scrap pieces/sawdust, it looks like a bomb went off in the garage :(

Since I finished my house I made a point of no saw dust in the garage. I trimmed out some windows in my garage a couple weeks ago and set my saw up outside despite it only being 40ish out. I feel your pain.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

General Dog posted:

I was walking at a nearby park today when a boy of about four or five rolled up to me on a scooter and asked if I was homeless.

well? are you?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wife’s getting all 4 wisdoms pulled tomorrow, wish me luck I

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've finished Star Trek

All of it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

I've finished Star Trek

All of it

Did you watch the cartoon? not the newer ones, but the 70s one with most of the original cast?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Wife’s getting all 4 wisdoms pulled tomorrow, wish me luck I

Wash your pliers first. Protip.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Did you watch the cartoon? not the newer ones, but the 70s one with most of the original cast?

I did! Many are asking where Spock 2 is

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

I did! Many are asking where Spock 2 is

There was a guy in CineD that watched all the star trek that existed at the time (this was many years before shows like Picard or Strange New Worlds had been made) and the cartoon was his favorite I think. Made some good points about the later series (TNG and Deep Space 9) not actually being progressive for their times in comparison to TOS.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

someone in CineD having contrarian opinions? thats wild tell me more

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

someone in CineD having contrarian opinions? thats wild tell me more

I’m sure the thread is about something else at this point but I like to occasionally check in there and see Alita Battle Angel still on the front page.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a neat cape posted:

I've finished Star Trek

All of it

So now The Orville?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Since I finished my house I made a point of no saw dust in the garage. I trimmed out some windows in my garage a couple weeks ago and set my saw up outside despite it only being 40ish out. I feel your pain.

Yeah, I realized halfway through that the miter was shooting all of the dust at the open storage closet in the back covering everything in there in sawdust, so that’ll be fun :doh:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

a neat cape posted:

I've finished Star Trek

All of it

I’m up through Voyager and I need a break

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Next time I got the house to myself I’m getting super duper high and rewatching Farscape, been a few years.

MUPPETS IN SPAAAACE!!!!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Can someone tell me who the target audience is for Star Trek: Lower Decks, because I put it on randomly in a hotel room and cannot figure who it is for. Not sure who wanted an adult cartoon comedy Star Trek series.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

Can someone tell me who the target audience is for Star Trek: Lower Decks, because I put it on randomly in a hotel room and cannot figure who it is for. Not sure who wanted an adult cartoon comedy Star Trek series.

I love Lower Decks, its my favorite Star Trek thing of the last 20 years. If you grew up watching any version of Trek, its for you. My wife has never seen Trek but loves it too. It has so many callbacks, easter eggs, and references to keep the diehardiest of fans engaged, but is also accessible from a plot and character standpoint to a new audience.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

It’s legit some of the best received Star Trek I’ve seen in ages, so everyone? Like it’s fine if it’s not your cup of tea, but it manages to show some good writing and characters while being petty dumb and silly, has amazing callbacks and homages to series past while not being so insular as to be impenetrable, I’m a big fan

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

a neat cape posted:

I've finished Star Trek

All of it

Have you listened to the radioplay styled albums?

The one with the space-bull stampede was great when I was 12.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

a sexual elk posted:

Steel. Reserve.

You forgot to say "High Gravity"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

It’s legit some of the best received Star Trek I’ve seen in ages, so everyone? Like it’s fine if it’s not your cup of tea, but it manages to show some good writing and characters while being petty dumb and silly, has amazing callbacks and homages to series past while not being so insular as to be impenetrable, I’m a big fan

MOOPSY

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I got my kid watching it with me based on that episode, so far so good and we’re now into season 2, but I’m thinking we should skip the second Peanut Hamper episode, I don’t know I’m ready to watch a very, very long scene of a bird-man loving a small robot with her quite yet.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

I liked Lower Decks

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Lower Decks rules gently caress the haters.

Lower Decks! Lower Decks! Lower Decks!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

swickles posted:

So now The Orville?
And Galaxy Quest?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Prodigy was better than Lower Decks but both are good

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's just a normal dog

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Put me in the "extremely casual Trek viewer who likes Lower Decks" category.

I hate, hate, hate being on interview panels. Why did I agree to do this???

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Read the phrase "Meme Contest" in a work email today and I need to sit and think about my life for a beat.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Read the phrase "Meme Contest" in a work email today

*delete*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's just a normal dog
It's just an innocent dog.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hello darkness my old friend

*resubs to World of Warcraft*

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

C-Euro posted:

Read the phrase "Meme Contest" in a work email today and I need to sit and think about my life for a beat.

Thinking about a new job I assume.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Cool, I didn’t know we had a Twitter employee here

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

Prodigy was better than Lower Decks but both are good

Counterpoint - Prodigy has more Chakotay, and gently caress Chakotay('s actor)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Cool, I didn’t know we had a Twitter employee here

lol, It's not a compulsory meme contest at least. I sure as poo poo don't have time for it at my job right now either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
"Meme Contest? But what could we at Boatse Co. possibly contribute?"