Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Looks like everyone runs Actual Art Degree in their Thought Cabinet these days.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Swagman posted:

stable diffusion farted out some du bois
enjoy!

CONCEPTUALIZATION [Trivial: Failure]

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Swagman posted:

stable diffusion farted out some du bois

I like the pictures, gently caress the haters

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Instead of posting lovely ai art of disco elysium, consider posting cool fan art instead

edit:
https://ko-fi.com/i/IS6S1KIWU8

https://higgsbison.tumblr.com/post/674842515541786624/unstoppable-can-opener-meets-immovable-can

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 13, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I welcome the posting of fanart over computer-generated images.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Samovar posted:

:same:

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Looks like everyone runs Actual Art Degree in their Thought Cabinet these days.

My hands do shake from anger how poo poo it all is

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-hosed me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, resolutely poo poo, lacking in imagination, uninformed reimagining of, limp-wristed, premature, ill-informed attempt at, talentless fuckfest, recidivistic shitpeddler, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

In today's world where it feels like AI "art" is everywhere and even IRL friends won't shut the gently caress up about how cool and revolutionary it is, my heart is warmed by this thread coming together to dump on it hard.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

It was that guy's first post in this thread and it sucked so much..

I love that authority comic, I like thinking about what Kim's internal monologue is like.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Malpais Legate posted:

I love that authority comic, I like thinking about what Kim's internal monologue is like.

I like to think that because he has a much less fragmented internal sense of self, his guys all look like him a la his authority seen in that comic

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Harry looks like he's being haunted by demonic visages of his fractured psyche, Kim looks like he has a Stand

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

roomtwofifteen posted:

In today's world where it feels like AI "art" is everywhere and even IRL friends won't shut the gently caress up about how cool and revolutionary it is, my heart is warmed by this thread coming together to dump on it hard.
Most of this thread is to the left of the Deserter, so that's not very surprising. :commissar:

Evrart, on other hand, would be a huge fan of AI art, and would cheerfully feed all copyrighted matter to the algorithm while whistling the "Container Container Container" song.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Malpais Legate posted:

You can ask him about it directly, and your brain will conclude that his internal monologue takes place in his notebook. There's also a check where you can take a peek at his notes, and learn that he is a lot more impressed with you than he lets on, and has a darling little nickname for Harry that he'll never say out loud, The 41st.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can ask him about it directly, and your brain will conclude that his internal monologue takes place in his notebook. There's also a check where you can take a peek at his notes, and learn that he is a lot more impressed with you than he lets on, and has a darling little nickname for Harry that he'll never say out loud, The 41st.

God I need to replay this and explore all sorts of poo poo, especially this.

Unfortunately I missed a bunch because I triggered the Tribunal relatively quickly I feel so I don't think I got any of the vision quests or got to meet the Secret Communists.

That nickname is such a good little detail! I really liked the bit where (I think it was Authority but I don't remember) identifies that he calls Harry "Detective" when he's proud of him and "Officer" when he's scolding him. Kim Kitsuragi is such a good foil for this. :allears:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Kim truly is the video game character of all time

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No Dignity posted:

Harry looks like he's being haunted by demonic visages of his fractured psyche, Kim looks like he has a Stand

He's even doing a pose

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Harry was asked, "What is best in life?"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Samovar posted:

The AI generated poo poo is scraped off the human made art so yea why even deign the stupid machine copied poo poo?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Most of this thread is to the left of the Deserter, so that's not very surprising. :commissar:

Evrart, on other hand, would be a huge fan of AI art, and would cheerfully feed all copyrighted matter to the algorithm while whistling the "Container Container Container" song.

Uhuh, yeah, Evrart not known for caring workers get paid properly.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.
to see your drugs laid out before you, and to hear the lamentations of your partner

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
A screed about Wömen imo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I feel like Evrart would make liberal use of AI art but at the same time poison the data set so that it only outputs labor slogans.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Swagman posted:

to see your drugs laid out before you, and to hear the lamentations of your partner

The riddle of ceramic armour...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

christmas boots posted:

I feel like Evrart would make liberal use of AI art but at the same time poison the data set so that it only outputs labor slogans.

Dros would dump AI abominations he generated into the dataset, then turn around and brag about how he’s turning the tools of the capitalists into their own downfall without a shred of irony.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Yes, yes. But more importantly: what does Cuno think of AI art?

Cuno doesn't give a poo poo

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

Derivative and soulless poo poo. Thanks!

I thought some of them looked pretty cool

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
wouldn't have known they were ai, quite liked a few of them too

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Desdinova posted:

wouldn't have known they were ai, quite liked a few of them too

Are you visually impaired

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Sunday Friend would love AI art

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Party Boat posted:

The Sunday Friend would love AI art
He would - on Sundays. For the rest of the week, he would vehemently deny the very idea.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He would sit in cafés complaining about it homogenising art and destroying creative livelihoods, while also using it as part of his passive income side hustle.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Railing Kill posted:

Yes, yes. But more importantly: what does Cuno think of AI art?

Cuno doesn't give a poo poo

He keeps trying to rework his prompt to get it to make Night City just the way he wants it, with Cunoesse screeching in the distance about how lame he's being

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

The AI generated poo poo is scraped off the human made art so yea why even deign the stupid machine copied poo poo?
You might as well ask why one would lick cheap booze off bar counters instead of dining with friends and family.
Or party with Miss Page Three instead of enjoying a satisfying and loving relationship.
Or tell their entire team to gently caress off instead of working on the case.
Or, in general, pick a bad option in a world where good options exist.

AI art, despite being called "art", is not about Conceptualization, but Electrochemistry, and like all things that lie in the latter's sticky domain, it's all about instant gratification. Push button, get results NOW. Push button again, get MORE results. They might not be great results, but every Hobocop knows that lowering one's standards is how you turn a famine into a feast. They might downright suck, but just like failing a red check is better than failing a white one because it still moves the story forward, getting lovely results still provides a fleeting dopamine ping and a momentary distraction from the fact that 0.000% of communism has been built. The right time to start learning how to draw was twenty years ago, the second best time is never, but the Generate Image button always has one's back. Polite society from Wompty-Dom Center may look down on AI art as soulless and derivative, but gently caress those snobs, they look down on everything anyway.

Also scraping the well of human creativity to forge something inhuman is downright innocentic, and Dolores Dei did nothing wrong.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

You might as well ask why one would lick cheap booze off bar counters instead of dining with friends and family.
Or party with Miss Page Three instead of enjoying a satisfying and loving relationship.
Or tell their entire team to gently caress off instead of working on the case.
Or, in general, pick a bad option in a world where good options exist.

AI art, despite being called "art", is not about Conceptualization, but Electrochemistry, and like all things that lie in the latter's sticky domain, it's all about instant gratification. Push button, get results NOW. Push button again, get MORE results. They might not be great results, but every Hobocop knows that lowering one's standards is how you turn a famine into a feast. They might downright suck, but just like failing a red check is better than failing a white one because it still moves the story forward, getting lovely results still provides a fleeting dopamine ping and a momentary distraction from the fact that 0.000% of communism has been built. The right time to start learning how to draw was twenty years ago, the second best time is never, but the Generate Image button always has one's back. Polite society from Wompty-Dom Center may look down on AI art as soulless and derivative, but gently caress those snobs, they look down on everything anyway.

Also scraping the well of human creativity to forge something inhuman is downright innocentic, and Dolores Dei did nothing wrong.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

je1 healthcare posted:

I thought some of them looked pretty cool

I think their problem was it being "soulless and derivative" not that there wasn't anything of visual interest.

I think generative AI produces "interesting" things, and is sort of fascinating from a technological perspective, but at the heart of it is essentially a ton of art theft and an intent to try to disempower and replace artists.

To make a bit of strong comparison, it's like looking at fascist propaganda and going "well, it looks kind of cool?"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Ok. Anyway AI art sucks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Oxyclean posted:

To make a bit of strong comparison, it's like looking at fascist propaganda and going "well, it looks kind of cool?"

That Mussolini face building with SI SI SI all over it but instead it's Measurehead and SEMEN SEMEN SEMEN

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

my vision is going red and I can hear half light screaming in my ears

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

my vision is going red and I can hear half light screaming in my ears
Soulful and meaningful human art evoking raw human emotions, not a language model in sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Animal-Mother posted:

That Mussolini face building with SI SI SI all over it but instead it's Measurehead and SEMEN SEMEN SEMEN

Would you look at those retaining walls