Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

insane to me that every week Zach Wilson is sent out to die but also Zach Wilson was asked to throw [checks notes] 40 passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wilson's not playing very well but there are signs there of a decent QB. That last hail mary was an athletic play that not a lot of QBs can make. Anyone would get killed by that oline too. Oh well, at least not being the worst QB in the league is something to hang your hat on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

siemian throws more catchable balls but with just as poor accuracy which would mean even more interceptions per pass thrown. but he can't extend a play, so a whole lot of these bad plays including some that have been interceptions would just be sacks or throwaways. in the end i believe wilson would make more plays per game than siemian but i refuse to bet money on it. you have to stop taunting me and goading me about these bets every week and move on to someone who is more willing to gamble with you. i am stressed out. ultimately i think people want to experiment and feel like there is some sort of option for the jets at all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

Does anyone have a funny tweet to share

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1723831922017644927

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
As a neutral observer, I want Zach Wilson to turn it around and somehow, inexplicably be a good QB for the rest of the season, it would be very funny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cavauro posted:

siemian throws more catchable balls but with just as poor accuracy which would mean even more interceptions per pass thrown. but he can't extend a play, so a whole lot of these bad plays including some that have been interceptions would just be sacks or throwaways. in the end i believe wilson would make more plays per game than siemian but i refuse to bet money on it. you have to stop taunting me and goading me about these bets every week and move on to someone who is more willing to gamble with you. i am stressed out. ultimately i think people want to experiment and feel like there is some sort of option for the jets at all

you're wrong "touchdwon" trevor siemian would easily lead the Jets to victory by scoring one of his famous "touchdowns"

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Wild stat: the Browns punted twice the entire game and both were in the first quarter.

Also a wild stat: they only had 3 possessions in the entire second half, but turned them into 17 points.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

Also a wild stat: they only had 3 possessions in the entire second half, but turned them into 17 points.

It helps that one of their drives took more than a third of the second half. A drive lasting over 10 minutes lol

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Also, y'all weren't kidding about Jonathan Vilma. This was my first time listening to him and he's awful at this, in addition to having bad opinions

wilderthanmild posted:

It helps that one of their drives took more than a third of the second half. A drive lasting over 10 minutes lol

It's so beautiful

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

you're wrong "touchdwon" trevor siemian would easily lead the Jets to victory by scoring one of his famous "touchdowns"

:nono: 0 td 2 int in his entire career this preseason :nono::nono:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wandler20 posted:

This isn't even an argument anymore, any NFL matchup will bring a huge audience. The market doesn't matter for the NFL.

I’ve been watching football since the lions Patricia hire (woof) and until last year I only watched Lions games. Lately there’s sweet gently caress all on tv and I don’t have the energy to game unless it’s a weekend so I started watching all the games, even the bad ones

I’m pretty sure that’s a huge part of the pie, especially post covid lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/tylerjschoon/status/1723907264573014427?t=C40Uc7CD0lQh_v19uhZA2g&s=19

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is Herbert the new Tony Romo?

I'm thinking of a 52-49 Chargers over Dallas game that was blamed on Tony Romo by Dallas fans, so yes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mllaneza posted:

I'm thinking of a 52-49 Chargers over Dallas game that was blamed on Tony Romo by Dallas fans, so yes.

I think that was Denver and Dallas but yeah I remember that too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's Herbie's fault that Staley a defensive savant who had "revolutionized" defensive play has built a defensive unit that allowed 500 yards and 41 pts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

It's Herbie's fault that Staley a defensive savant who had "revolutionized" defensive play has built a defensive unit that allowed 500 yards and 41 pts.

He's just not a winner

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

A.o.D. posted:

AI art is a loving scourge.

That's not AI art though. It's just not very good art

Play fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 13, 2023

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Is Herbert the new Tony Romo?

BlindSite posted:

Except replace the upper panels with Staley and the defense loving up and the snap joke in the bottom panel with Acho yelling Social Media Quarterback and the parallels are uncanny.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Feel like the Ravens need to start figuring out their left tackle of the future and that sucks. Ronnie Stanley is just not as good as he was and he's oft injured.

The Ravens could save around $15m in cap next season if they cut him, but then they have a massive gaping hole at LT. So I don't know.

At his rate of decline the hole will be there whether Stanley is here or not, so we may as well have the money to retool.

Also here is another reason we need to fire Harbaugh. It will happen if we collapse in the 2nd half like I think we are going to.

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1723817275000504831?s=20--"Asked about not getting the ball to Keaton Mitchell in the second half, Harbaugh said that’s just how the game went."

Just look at this. This is a guy who brings absolutely nothing to a team. I didn't even complain about this yesterday because I thought it was because of Mitchell's injury but you have this guy who's making all these huge plays but don't even have him in when you desperately need one. I don't get it. And Harbaugh should have a better explanation than this but he doesn't know what the hell's going on because he's George W Bush the coach.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

the ravens arent choosing to invest in the secondary over the front 7(also theyve invested a lot in the front 7 but whatever) so much as thats where the high tier talent has been in their draft slot and in the fa/trade market. pressure is generally better but building from the secondary out makes sense if thats where you can actually get talented. altho i think the ravens front office is still traumatized from those like 5 years in a row where every single db died

I guess in this case I mean the defensive line because we definitely have been working on linebackers. I do see your point that we got the talented guys who were there when we picked. But guys like Madubuike, Pierce and Jones just aren't cutting it and we need someone up there who really impacts games and none of those guys are threats to do it outside of the odd game here or there.

In 2003 and 2004 we were in a similar situation with having all the pieces but then we had that game against KC on MNF where it didn't matter we had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and Suggs and all these other great defenders we just couldn't stop anything against the KC line and Ray Lewis felt like he was double teamed on every play. That's because we were trotting out Kelly Gregg as our defensive tackle and don't get me wrong Gregg punched above his weight but he wasn't the guy you want as your main nose tackle. So we ended up getting Haloti Ngata before 2006 and that fixed that issue. So draft, sign, or trade for a guy who can draw double teams on the defensive line and you won't see as many instances as we saw yesterday.

I think if Suh is still wanting to go somewhere we should try to bring him in. He'll only have to play part of a season so the weardown won't be as significant on a guy his age.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kawalimus, it’s 5 am.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Gatts posted:

Kawalimus, it’s 5 am.

Amos Zereoue time

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

wilderthanmild posted:

Someone did weaponize it one time! That's why the rule exists.

To be fair the NFL banning it was more like them being mad that it was a clownball rear end accident that won a game, which is a loving stupid reason to ban it.

If the holy roller happened today and was legal the GDT would have 100 pages of "LOL Chargers" and it would rule.

If only there were still enough of us that this were true :( it'd probably only be 10

wilderthanmild posted:

Now I Just want a game that ends 8-6 with each team only having had one possession all game long.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 13, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

Someone did weaponize it one time! That's why the rule exists.

To be fair the NFL banning it was more like them being mad that it was a clownball rear end accident that won a game, which is a loving stupid reason to ban it.

If the holy roller happened today and was legal the GDT would have 100 pages of "LOL Chargers" and it would rule.

The announcer telling madden to get his big butt out of there as it cuts to a shot of him wearing mom jeans is just :discourse:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Play posted:

That's not AI art though. It's just not very good art

It very much is. There were some extra details photoshopped in, like the receipt and the airplane, but that has all of the tell-tales of a late gen AI generation. Look at whats going on around the tail, and what the hell happened to the Charger guy's right arm? Did he lose it in the war?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

At his rate of decline the hole will be there whether Stanley is here or not, so we may as well have the money to retool.

Also here is another reason we need to fire Harbaugh. It will happen if we collapse in the 2nd half like I think we are going to.

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1723817275000504831?s=20--"Asked about not getting the ball to Keaton Mitchell in the second half, Harbaugh said that’s just how the game went."

Just look at this. This is a guy who brings absolutely nothing to a team. I didn't even complain about this yesterday because I thought it was because of Mitchell's injury but you have this guy who's making all these huge plays but don't even have him in when you desperately need one. I don't get it. And Harbaugh should have a better explanation than this but he doesn't know what the hell's going on because he's George W Bush the coach.

https://x.com/jamisonhensley/status/1723816874989793554?s=20

Where is the accountability?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

A.o.D. posted:

and what the hell happened to the Charger guy's right arm? Did he lose it in the war?

AI understands how much injuries affect the chargers

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

@1BillButtlicker

LOSER MENTALITY, THIS IS WHY WE WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER RING UNDER HARBAUGH, ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY IS WHY BLOWING LEADS BEEN HAPPENING FOR LAST 3 YEARS 🤬🤬

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

Kawalimus, it’s 5 am.

I know :). Ive been up since 3. Im taking today now to go to the eastern shore and check out the rough legged hawk thats been around. Im there now but the hawk isnt flying around yet but someone saw it perched. They usually dont wake up till 9 or 10. There was a western kingbird on cambridge hwy though that I was able to see!! Man this roadside birding just is not my thing though.

Yeah this is what I mean. Because history shows that no you do NOT just lose games like this in fact it is very rare. Yet we've lost about a centurys worth of these in two years. And Harbaugh cant even really tell you why.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'll bet Harbaugh would say that the reason they didn't win was because the opposing team scored more points than they did.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1723795053221724593?s=20

https://twitter.com/BradHensonPro/status/1724061432344355031?s=20

:boom:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some times joseph gets 3 seconds. it's gotten to the point where he can decide to make ill-advised throws. way better than ever. you've been thoroughly one-upped

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MoaM posted:

Kawalimus gives this forum flavor.
All those flavors out there and he choses salt. Several times a page.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Mitchell was the end zone target on the play with the defensive holding that wound up being a Gus Bus TD. I’m sure they would have loved to give him some more run but Garrett and Co. were mauling the dilapidated O-line at that point and not much was happening with anyone.

You have a real bad habit of taking the most anodyne coachspeak and deciding that it secretly means the guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

An insane retelling of a stupid rear end QB that checked down for 40% of his passes, had a weak baby arm, and directly cost his team multiple playoff games.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I guess in this case I mean the defensive line because we definitely have been working on linebackers. I do see your point that we got the talented guys who were there when we picked. But guys like Madubuike, Pierce and Jones just aren't cutting it and we need someone up there who really impacts games and none of those guys are threats to do it outside of the odd game here or there.

In 2003 and 2004 we were in a similar situation with having all the pieces but then we had that game against KC on MNF where it didn't matter we had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and Suggs and all these other great defenders we just couldn't stop anything against the KC line and Ray Lewis felt like he was double teamed on every play. That's because we were trotting out Kelly Gregg as our defensive tackle and don't get me wrong Gregg punched above his weight but he wasn't the guy you want as your main nose tackle. So we ended up getting Haloti Ngata before 2006 and that fixed that issue. So draft, sign, or trade for a guy who can draw double teams on the defensive line and you won't see as many instances as we saw yesterday.

I think if Suh is still wanting to go somewhere we should try to bring him in. He'll only have to play part of a season so the weardown won't be as significant on a guy his age.

suh isnt really that guy to draw doubles, hes a gap penetrating tackle in the vein of calias campbell, trevor pryce and madubuike. its funny you say all that about having nose tackles cause that has legitimately always been the ravens plan, they have almost no chances to truly get a blue chip rusher so they value 2 gap lineman like pierce,williams, ngata and gregg and just find guys to fill in next to them. and its gotten a lot of mediocre players loving paid by other teams lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Ravens fans don't want Harbaugh anymore we'll take him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

Mitchell was the end zone target on the play with the defensive holding that wound up being a Gus Bus TD. I’m sure they would have loved to give him some more run but Garrett and Co. were mauling the dilapidated O-line at that point and not much was happening with anyone.

You have a real bad habit of taking the most anodyne coachspeak and deciding that it secretly means the guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Mitchell was also the target of that dropped Lamar touchdown pass. So they were getting him involved. I think being down to two back up tackles against the Cleveland edges was another challenge for getting him touches. He's a speed guy the Ravens would typically use to attack horizontally.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

If the Ravens fans don't want Harbaugh anymore we'll take him.

Go ahead cause Id love to have macdonald as coach and thats what will happen. Youd find out soon enough how useless he is.

Also I saw the Rough-legged hawk. Wow what a neat bird. It looks like a turkey vulture and a harrier in some ways. In fact I had forgotten there was a dark morph of this bird and if I had seen it by myself I would have thought it was a zone-tailed hawk! But it soared around and did this neat hovering display over the field and at one point flew right over my head. But I could still only manage a blurry picture. But thats why Im not a photographer!!! Then I went through the wildlife drive at blackwater to check out the brown headed nuthatches. Now im mentally drained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Useless coach with an over 60 winning%.