Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I have Spidermanned myself to completion. Great game, although it may not crack the top 5 this year. It was fun, and it's top tier for cinematics and spectacle, but it was really just More Spiderman -- which is cool but I've already played one and a half games exactly like this. Felt like the combat was getting pretty samey about halfway through, and I don't think I ever played more than 2 hours or so at a sitting.

The open world felt kinda weaker though. I wanted more stuff to do in the city besides the collectathons. The Flame side quest was good, and Miles's museum theft was fun but I was disappointed when I realized it was only two missions and l was already done. Coulda used at least another few quest chains like that, some meatier stuff with a little story behind it. And IIRC the FNSM app (I pronouce it "fnizzim" in my head) was more fleshed out last time, with a SpiderTwitter and more little neighborhood requests.

I did like what they did with the boss fights, though. I don't remember the other games super well but I feel like they did more gimmicky fights, whereas in this one you got to just beat the villains down with your hands for the most part. I started a few of the fights over just because I got hit a few times, and it felt so good just running circles around Kraven or whoever, dodging all his blows and burning through his health with nonstop combos and special attacks.

Good game! Not sure if I'm gonna jump back into Mario next or what. Maybe it's time to finally play RDR2? Comedy answer: finish Starfield lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

The AAness of the game worked for me big time. Balls to the wall action and funny cutscenes where there's all this UE5 magic happening around Bethesda tier cardboard people.

RoboCop and Aliens Dark Descent are two of my favourite games of the year. Aliens probably the better licenced game as I feel like RoboCop starts to rely too heavily on lines from the movies, but overall both sick games and I hope we see more of their like in the future.

That aliens game is awesome but I wish I got it on pc. The pS5 version is not great

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

They keep making the Pokémon bipedal which makes me want to gently caress them and I don’t want to

It’s time to take the dip.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

pixel bitches posted:

Nobody has ever pm'd me :eng99:

;-*

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:siren:

I would like people to revist the OP and the first page of this thread. There are almost zero rules to posting in here, please do not abuse that. If someone says something you do not like about a game do not take that as license to insult them with low content snipes for pages on end. Put them on ignore and move on.

Echoing this. Please chill out a bit, thread.

Edit: If there are people consistently making the thread insufferable to read, shoot us a report (please give us context as much as you can, we read back through threads when we get reports to get a picture of what's going on but I'm not a PS5 thread regular by any stretch for example so the more context you can give me the better).

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 13, 2023

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

That aliens game is awesome but I wish I got it on pc. The pS5 version is not great

Ah? What’s wrong with it? Stability or just control schemes. I’m gonna grab it eventually but my options would be PS5 or the Deck. So if the PS5 has stability issues I can go Deck, but if it just works better with a keyboard… welp.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Serious question, how many people with plat find themselves having beef with people over pm, or getting lovely messages out of the blue? I’ve always wondered what people get up to in there.

Like, zero. The fact that I'm basically a white noise poster at Best probably helps, but the most use I've had out of PMs was trying to troubleshoot how to use TamperMonkey to adjust MP4 scales so they wouldn't be 6000 pixels wide like 6 years ago and trading Pokemon for a day.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

speaking of squad based rts based on a licensed property there should be another Dawn of War. Not sure if the devs that made it originally are still around though. I think there was a Company of Heroes game recently?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

speaking of squad based rts based on a licensed property there should be another Dawn of War. Not sure if the devs that made it originally are still around though. I think there was a Company of Heroes game recently?

Yeah, Relic did AOE4 also

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

They keep making the Pokémon bipedal which makes me want to gently caress them and I don’t want to

:yikes:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Ah? What’s wrong with it? Stability or just control schemes. I’m gonna grab it eventually but my options would be PS5 or the Deck. So if the PS5 has stability issues I can go Deck, but if it just works better with a keyboard… welp.

it’s perfectly playable but the menus are laggy and I just feel like it would play better with a mouse and keyboard. It’s fine on pS5 I just kind of wish I could play it with a mouse. It’s a lot of radial menus and the game can move pretty fast.

There nothing about the PS5 version that is like, a dealbreaker though

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

I’m saying I don’t want to

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cool thanks for clarifying

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, Relic did AOE4 also

Oh cool. I got it installed on my Xbox but uh, I’m playing dark souls 2 in between spiderman 2 sessions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

it’s perfectly playable but the menus are laggy and I just feel like it would play better with a mouse and keyboard. It’s fine on pS5 I just kind of wish I could play it with a mouse. It’s a lot of radial menus and the game can move pretty fast.

Yeah I played on PC and if the option exists I'd say play it that way. It's a good experience on kbm and you can deal with the pace of things when the poo poo hits the fan much more easily.

You can change the slow motion to pause as well, which I am assuming is mandatory on controller. I played with the slow motion option on PC and you need to make some fiddly choices/angles happen that I reckon would be irritating on a controller.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Started BG3 dark urge play through, the 0.1% platinum trophy is calling my name

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Yeah I played on PC and if the option exists I'd say play it that way. It's a good experience on kbm and you can deal with the pace of things when the poo poo hits the fan much more easily.

You can change the slow motion to pause as well, which I am assuming is mandatory on controller. I played with the slow motion option on PC and you need to make some fiddly choices/angles happen that I reckon would be irritating on a controller.

Yeah it’s basically unplayable without changing slow motion to stop with a controller.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Decided to go for the Spider-Man platinum and the loving game either bugged out or I am missing something, cause I have done literally everything on the map but it says I’ve only done 6 of 9 emf missions. Which I need for a the trophy as well as the final upgrade point and all of the suits. So there’s multiple trophies I can’t even get.

Awesome, glad I wasted like 6 hours clearing out all the remaining side poo poo after I finished the main story.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

veni veni veni posted:

Decided to go for the Spider-Man platinum and the loving game either bugged out or I am missing something, cause I have done literally everything on the map but it says I’ve only done 6 of 9 emf missions.

They didn't spawn for me until i switched to Peter in the post game. If that didn't help then sorry that's rear end

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I could've sworn a week ago that Spider-Man would be the best 'brawler where the PC grabs objects with a spiderweb-like whip and punches people so hard they bounce off the ground only nonlethally somehow' game that I would play this year but Yakuza Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name is giving it a serious run for its money

2023 is a true Year Of Games

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Hmm. I knew pausing would be necessary but lag on the menus does sound annoying. Guess I'll check some Steam Deck reviews before I make a purchase. Be nice to play an atmospheric Alien game on a big screen though...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To be clear lag on the base menus not the in game ones. It’s fine it’s just annoying

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdP7lBAFbAg&t=327s

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cyberpunk update: I am Jane Bond'ing in Dogtown, and feel a bit guilty for drinking, dancing and flirting with Alex when I haven't stopped by Judy's in ages. I dunno if saving V is really a possibility, or if I am willing to pay the likely price to do so...until anytime Johnny pops up to be a sarcastic prick again, which sets me back into full BURN EVERYONE mode just to get shot of the fucker.

For reals, every clip I've saved has just been V dispensing caustic burns anytime he chimes in, I love it.

Also, why can't I romance Lizzy Wizzy? Game is trash, etc.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

mysterious frankie posted:

Serious question, how many people with plat find themselves having beef with people over pm, or getting lovely messages out of the blue? I’ve always wondered what people get up to in there.

The closest I have to that is a conversation with someone in support of their side of some crazy argument I don't remember and unfortunately little context was given in the PMs. I know it was in Games circa 2014 but that's about it.

I find PMs are mostly just good for SA Mart to buy stuff and commission art.

I always figured if someone tried to beef with someone in PMs they'd most likely post the PM in the related thread and get called out on it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

more testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cO9-5DFAmE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
According to some guy on Youtube there don't seem to be any limits on pairing optical drives and consoles, so it's possible to share, swap, or sell them with no obstacle other than having to put the console online at least once. Not as good as if it didn't require online pairing at all, but still pretty good

e: lol. I have embeds turned off so that's the exact same video above

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Lies of P: P-retty P-issed at the Black Rabbit P-osse!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
bizarre that the Portal doesn't do cloud streaming

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's now half the price of a Steam Deck w/ comparable LCD screen and 256 GB SSD, and if you're looking to save money then you're probably sticking with the more capable phone or computer you already have. I feel like it should come with a free dunce cap

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fifteen of Many posted:

Lies of P: P-retty P-issed at the Black Rabbit P-osse!!!

lol that's exactly where I stopped for the time being.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
geoff has allowed ff16 to be hosed over and robbed, no mercy! not my dorito pope!!!!! i now join the war on spider-man 2 on the side of shoog for this transgression!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It should have been a better game. Ben Starr will probably win anyway

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Game Awards are stupid and not worth caring about for reasons that have nothing to do with who gets nominated. It seriously boggles the mind that people take seriously the awards show that's 40% ads by volume.

(the nominations are also stupid, to be clear, but I don't really care that FFXVI didn't get a GOTY nom)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm more perplexed about sea of stars getting a best rpg nom over octopath 2 :confused:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

The Game Awards are stupid and not worth caring about for reasons that have nothing to do with who gets nominated. It seriously boggles the mind that people take seriously the awards show that's 40% ads by volume.

(the nominations are also stupid, to be clear, but I don't really care that FFXVI didn't get a GOTY nom)

Its fun OP

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
"best innovation in accessibility - mortal kombat 1 nominated"

for what, 12 dollar fatalitys?? (i love the game but come on lol)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pixel bitches posted:

I'm more perplexed about sea of stars getting a best rpg nom over octopath 2 :confused:

Good PR is more important than quality

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ff14 has best ongoing nom and lol not with that disc 10 storyline. :colbert:

cyberpunk also having that nom is the best lol tho and will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MK1 has some really robust accessibility options for vision and hearing impaired players, it's not too surprising to see it get nominated there.