Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Michael Gove likes to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

keep punching joe posted:

Michael Gove likes to gently caress.

Inasmuch as releasing a cloud of milt over a clutch of eggs can be called "loving", yes

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Z the IVth posted:

The plod are going to be renamed Arbites and their new uniform is going to be skin tight black leather from head to toe.

Met riot cops issued with Phosphex weapons.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tigey posted:

Astorath the Grim only narrowly missed out on a cabinet position for being too woke
Slaneesh briefly appointed to DWP, until they find out pleasure is part of her remit.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm sorry, Sunak thought Pig Fucker was a good idea to bring back to public office? lol and lmfao

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

Victoria Atkins (no, me neither) is the health sec.

Her husband is the MD of British Sugar.

No, really.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drunk Canuck posted:

I'm sorry, Sunak thought Pig Fucker was a good idea to bring back to public office? lol and lmfao

There's nobody left. He can't just reshuffle the people he's got, several of them are being sacked for cause. And the pool of potential replacements is at best a stagnant puddle that has also been used as a public urinal. They're totally bankrupt of talent at this point, have been for a long time, but now they've got to take that into a GE without a project like Brexit to fall back on and after publicly making GBS threads the bed on every major task they have faced. If Starmer was anything resembling opposition, competent or otherwise, they'd be looking at annihilation.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

"Rishi, the masses are marching and telling you to have a humanitarian look upon the people of Palestine"

"That's not good, what sort of distraction could I cook up instead"

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, really.

Well of loving course he is.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, really.

So wait. Now we have sugar to replace an unhealthy amount of Coffey?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Britain was a mistake.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, really.

Lord Alan?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, really.

If she ever became PM, would that make the House of Commons the Atkins Diet?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wachter posted:

:holymoley:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

EvilHawk posted:

Victoria Atkins (no, me neither) is the health sec.

Who knew?

The following month, she voluntarily recused herself from speaking on drug policy in relation to cannabis after it was reported that her husband's company, British Sugar, grows under permit a non‐psychoactive variety of cannabis which is used in children's epilepsy medicine.[28]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Atkins

What has British Sugar got to do with epilepsy medicine?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Drunk Canuck posted:

"Rishi, the masses are marching and telling you to have a humanitarian look upon the people of Palestine"

"That's not good, what sort of distraction could I cook up instead"
Operation "rally fascists to the Cenotaph" was supposed to be the distraction from that.

This is the distraction from how big a failure that was.

Wachter posted:

:pusheen:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, really.

The weed baron?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat it I held off on making that joke

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

However will the environment survive without Therese Coffey?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wait you're telling me that a former drugs minister who had to step down because her husband owned the largest medical weed farm in the UK, due to a conflict of interest. Is now the health secretary, prusumably with the same conflict of interest?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Wait you're telling me that a former drugs minister who had to step down because her husband owned the largest medical weed farm in the UK, due to a conflict of interest. Is now the health secretary, prusumably with the same conflict of interest?

Yes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Typical of the performatively "woke" left, going about "remembering" things when on Saturday not one of you remembered those who gave their lives so you could shut up and stay home.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It would be funny if the Tories new gambit is to try and capture the centre leaving Starmer with his dick hanging out and losing all support from the moderate right after burning the bridges with the British left.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Great British Clown Show

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

Gove dumped her allegedly for a younger man who he lives with but there's also been reports of him dating a tory's female assistant leading to said assistant having to go through a divorce

basically ol' frogface has been a hurricane just tossing relationships at his whim

He's obviously more charismatic in person.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

Thinking about the Starmer/Cameron coalition makes it more likely. Do not think about the Starmer/Cameron coalition.

They have a syllable in common, just think of the banner potential

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

It would be funny if the Tories new gambit is to try and capture the centre leaving Starmer with his dick hanging out and losing all support from the moderate right after burning the bridges with the British left.

Oh yeah, there is literally only one reason to bring Cameron back in and that's to emphasise to all the Sensible Centrists that Starmer is the sugar free diet alternative to the exact same policies and mindset.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They have a syllable in common, just think of the banner potential

Starmeron, one of the minor characters from the Transformers franchise

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

The Great British Clown Show

The Great British Bungle-Off

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Great British Sell off, everything must go!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Bald Enjoyer of Pigfucking Clowns

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Pistol_Pete posted:

He's obviously more charismatic in person.

I know people who worked closely with him when he was energy/environment secretary and they all say he is extremely charming and charismatic. One of those people that seems to be able to magically bring a whole room of people with him. When I worked at the Scottish Parliament Salmond was the exact same.

Not sure what this says about anyone to be honest, save to say watch out for very charming and charismatic people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zalakwe posted:

One of those people that seems to be able to magically bring a whole room of people with him.

:hmmyes:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I think this is it. Cameron in a GE with a load of moderate policies. It's gonna tear the country in half...again.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mebh posted:

I think this is it. Cameron in a GE with a load of moderate policies. It's gonna tear the country in half...again.

it's like if the final episode of black mirror was secretly a sequel to the first one, and the pm has to gently caress another pig for the good of the country

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cameron directly pigfucking Keith in the general election would definitely be a lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Zalakwe posted:

I know people who worked closely with him when he was energy/environment secretary and they all say he is extremely charming and charismatic. One of those people that seems to be able to magically bring a whole room of people with him. When I worked at the Scottish Parliament Salmond was the exact same.

Not sure what this says about anyone to be honest, save to say watch out for very charming and charismatic people.

I've always been suspicious of charming, charismatic people. They're usually up to no good behind the scenes.

During my PhD studies we were also warned off readable, bullet-pointed, well-presented presentations (esp by people in suits) because they were "inevitably hiding something dodgy in their data"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kier Starmer decides to facefuck a dead pig as well, in the name of fairness and balance.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

no need to bring his mistress into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I can see it happening. It won't take much to entirely outmanoeuvre Keith and the Labour right. They have no policies, no talent and no ability to react without a focus group.

I doubt it'll get to that point though, as the Tories are far more likely to self sabotage themselves again with a big old "who can be more monstrous" pissing contest before then.