Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

LionArcher posted:

Thanks folks. I’m going to saw screw it and order both the limited run physical of 3 and 4, and then wait to start any of them till they both arrive. Then play them in order. 2024 is the year of the backlog for me, so this makes me pumped for more great games.

:yeah:

I'd say start with P3P to witness the heights of persona then the immediate downfall soon after in P4G eventually returning to the same greatness as P5R for the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Never felt the need to warp around tbh.

The problem is if you need to get a Persona from the Velvet Room for a school Social Link you have to leave school, go to the mall, then run all the way back to school.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Plan better

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That doesn't make any sense. Any time you need to go to the Velvet Room, be it for a request or just getting a Persona, it's multiple minutes. It's just annoying.

Might as well say it's a "skill issue" that there's no save points during the day. Nah man, the game is jank

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

The problem is if you need to get a Persona from the Velvet Room for a school Social Link you have to leave school, go to the mall, then run all the way back to school.

Eh. I get that, but I basically just always had personas of the S links I was pursuing in my stock even if I wasn't actively using them so I very very rarely if at all had to do this.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
skills issue

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've been playing FES again recently, about to do Hermit, and there's just so many little problems that add up. Like, you can't examine your Persona skills on their status screens, you have to cross-reference their descriptions in the skill menu where you heal.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm very much looking to (what I assume will be) being able to pick my party member's skills and being able to remember old ones like Persona 5 Strikers.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Wilkins Micawber posted:

So we are finally ready. I really liked 4 but holy poo poo we went through all the stages of grief when it came to the music. Especially the "something scary is happening" piano song in the dialogue scenes and the battle music. and Teddie. Holy poo poo. We came very close to quitting. Rise was an improvement.

Those bits of music own though. Teddie, I can take or leave. Had quite the experience using him for the final boss where Kamui Miracle healed my party twice and the boss once when it was 50% dead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

frytechnician posted:

Those bits of music own though. Teddie, I can take or leave. Had quite the experience using him for the final boss where Kamui Miracle healed my party twice and the boss once when it was 50% dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3fKYeUJhc

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Arist posted:

Walking around gets really old in FES too because you can't teleport, so I don't really agree with this either

yeah fwiw I basically just always fast travel in these games unless it actually makes me walk there

I also miss an insane amount of dialogue as a result though, so perhaps it's not really the best way to play.. but it's just so much faster and these games are already really long

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Arist posted:

the thing where you get a bonus to ranking up links for having the right persona just shouldn't exist because it has no effect on the game beyond encouraging the busywork of going and fiddling with your personas before doing things. like "hey you wanna hang out?" "sure but give me like half an hour, i have to go put on a different personality"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

the thing where you get a bonus to ranking up links for having the right persona just shouldn't exist because it has no effect on the game beyond encouraging the busywork of going and fiddling with your personas before doing things. like "hey you wanna hang out?" "sure but give me like half an hour, i have to go put on a different personality"

I think the intended purpose of it is to encourage players to keep a diverse selection of Persona onhand rather than just one or two, but it's too easy to just grab one out of your compendium so it loses that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the most interesting it ever gets is the first month of P3 where there's no compendium so you have to fuse everything on demand, but also, that loving sucked and I don't miss it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

cock hero flux posted:

but enough about dating in persona tho :v:

Yeah, I never did this part in any of the games unless it was a coincidence and in P5R you get extra points with the mods and phone calls in the evening.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I dunno if there's been an update saying "we were just kidding, that remake of Mass Destruction was done by some intern" but assuming the video posted earlier is accurate, it be unforgivable for a new Psrsona fan to not hear the original, all time great version first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU_RpMwE37g

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
all that actually did was make me stick to having one combat persona and maybe a support one as back-up while dedicating all my other slots to having to make as few velvet room visits as possible

Felt kind of counterproductive to the whole Wild Card special status deal, tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, to be fair, I do tend to do more fusion when I don't have a Persona I need, so it's marginally successful at least

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I dunno, you'd miss out on the worst navigator voice ever.

Sorry. Teddie is still the worst.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1722811085655269853?t=T647cCIT3sqZUj3lAKk-rg&s=19

Lol, more poo poo to ignore

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lol. Yeah, that's not going to happen. You're going to see the final boss, new persona (or personas), and all sorts of stuff like five minutes after it drops. (Which I am looking forward to since there's at least one thing I expect to see conversations over.)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YJZgD6x6I

we got another look at reload music, color your night loving slaps, it's going down now loving slaps, i think this OST is gonna rule

coiol
Dec 16, 2004

I dress like a girl and drink like a man. Please date-rape me.
I played through like 80 hours of P3 FES when it was released and then went all the way through P3P about 5 years ago. When Reload was announced I was pretty sure I was going to skip spending another 100+ hours but every little video and reveal is making me more hype. Music sounds awesome except the weird noises in Mass Destruction and the new singer seems cool in a P4 singer kind of way.

The only downside is it comes out the same month as FF7 Rebirth, so I’ll probably wait for a few months to see how the reception is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But can you switch the music

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I still have P3P on the Vita, gods own console, and i will only play as femc as the lord intended

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Mix. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YJZgD6x6I

we got another look at reload music, color your night loving slaps, it's going down now loving slaps, i think this OST is gonna rule

Lot of good songs but that new version of Moon is Reaching is not nearly as good as the original.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The best new arrangement in that selection is easily Changing Seasons, imo, but I feel like it's honestly too energetic now? It legitimately kind of goes too hard for when Changing Seasons actually plays in-game.

The runner-up for me is probably Living With Determination - Iwatodai Dorm

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

But can you switch the music

There's no reason this shouldn't be an option in every modern video game.

I wanna know what they did to Master of Shadow. It's possibly my favorite song in P3 and always got me so pumped for these big, anticipated fight(which were invariably pathetically easy and forgettable).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llUOBwoHpAg

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Seeing as it was the last day and just saying yolo… I ended up ordering both 3 and 4 physical from limited run games. Just think they will look better next to each other with 5 on the shelf you know? I’ll wait for them to come and start 3. 2024 will be the year of the backlog (mostly).

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

IS is really beginning to wear me down. Any game would by this point and after all these hours but having a Rumor monster just reset all my Persona ranks so I have to grind more is not exactly helping. And to think, I wanna start up EP after this. Because, well, I know what's going on here. I know who is responsible and that they will get away with it. If I want that catharsis of actually loving up their plans and stopping them, I gotta play EP. That final boss is the strongest, fondest memory I have from that game.

I really wonder what they were thinking only releasing EP in English originally? There are probably no interviews that survive about this if they even exist. I just remember asking a find about this and he said you could and many did play EP with no real knowledge of IS. But, well, that seems hard to me. "Who are these kids in the final dungeon?!"

I was thinking for EP I might try a weapons only run if that is even possible. And by possible I mean reasonable since getting to level 99 in FFVII's first dungeon is "possible" but no ssne person would do it. If weapons do like no damage so bosses take ten years to defeat, I won't bother.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arist posted:

The best new arrangement in that selection is easily Changing Seasons, imo, but I feel like it's honestly too energetic now? It legitimately kind of goes too hard for when Changing Seasons actually plays in-game.

I can't quite make out the vocals, but doesn't it sound like they replaced the French?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rinkles posted:

I can't quite make out the vocals, but doesn't it sound like they replaced the French?

They did.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My budget's a little tight right now so I think I'm going to pick up Tactica on Game Pass and then buy the Steam version later so I can play the DLC with Akechi and Kasumi. The DLC with them is a separate campaign, right? You can't use it in the main game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

My budget's a little tight right now so I think I'm going to pick up Tactica on Game Pass and then buy the Steam version later so I can play the DLC with Akechi and Kasumi. The DLC with them is a separate campaign, right? You can't use it in the main game?

I thought I read something about them being available as (plotless) characters in the main game after the DLC.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't you just buy the DLC on the gamepass version?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

I thought I read something about them being available as (plotless) characters in the main game after the DLC.

That complicates things a bit, then.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It seems to be exclusive to the digital deluxe upgrade, which you can't buy without the game.

e: also this is dumb and petty but I prefer having access to PS button prompts lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

for me it feels weird to buy content to a game i'll only have access to temporarily

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

It seems to be exclusive to the digital deluxe upgrade, which you can't buy without the game.

e: also this is dumb and petty but I prefer having access to PS button prompts lol

Ah ok, that's silly re: the DLC buying.

I totally get you on the button prompt thing though. I had to do all this song and dance with files to get the PS button on the gamepass version of P5R then an update broke it and I was too lazy to re-do it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd wait and see what the DLC even pans out to be first. It could be like two cutscenes you can watch on Youtube.