Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

redshirt posted:

Looks like a guy who signed up to serve in Vietnam before he got drafted.

no, he looks like what he is: peak peacetime veteran hardass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Here's a few random items:

* Alabama is going to be the first state to execute someone via that new nitrogen method, in January. The dude has been on death row for 20+ years.

* Speaking of cops dying strangely, a few US Park Police officers were off-duty at a party over the weekend, and one "accidentally" shot the other.

quote:

An off-duty US Park Police officer fatally shot a fellow officer at a gathering inside a Virginia apartment over the weekend by “unintentionally” pulling the trigger on a firearm he thought was unloaded, police said.

Alexander Robinson Roy, 25, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and initially was held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in the shooting death of his 22-year-old colleague, Jesse Brown Hernandez, according to police and court records. Roy appeared in court Wednesday and was given an unsecured bond of $10,000 under a supervised release program, the Fairfax County Criminal Clerk of Court told CNN. No plea has been entered yet, the clerk’s office said. Roy was expected to be released on that bond Wednesday, his attorney, Ed Nuttall, told CNN.

In the Virginia case, four people who knew each other were in the apartment when the shooting happened, police said. Authorities responded early Sunday morning in McLean, about 10 miles outside Washington, DC, the Fairfax County Police Department said in a news release that day. Three were off-duty officers of the US Park Police, a federal law enforcement agency under the National Park Service.

When authorities arrived, Hernandez was found dead with a gunshot wound to his upper body after Roy tried to “dry fire” or “simulate the discharge of a firearm by pulling the trigger,” preliminary details from detectives reveal. “Roy unintentionally shot the firearm he believed to be unloaded, fatally striking Hernandez,” police said. “Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the shooting.”

What happened is “an awful, tragic, horrible mistake that ended tragically,” Roy’s attorney, Nuttall, told CNN in a phone interview Wednesday. “The Hernandez and Roy families are working through that tragedy, processing what happened individually and collectively as a group, trying to get through this,” Nuttall said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the weapon used to kill Hernandez was Roy’s Park Police service weapon, what relationship the two shared outside work and how long each had been with the federal agency.

US Park Police deferred all questions to the Fairfax County Police Department, which is investigating. “Our focus right now is on supporting the family, friends and coworkers of our employees involved in this tragic incident,” US Park Police spokesperson Thomas Twiname told CNN Tuesday in a statement.

As part of Roy’s release on bond, he must live with his parents in Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania, his attorney told CNN. Other conditions include no alcohol, no firearms and no law violations, Nuttall said. Fairfax County prosecutors will likely pursue an “emergency substantial risk order” for Roy, and a hearing for that is set for November 16, Nuttall said. The order is sought when “a person poses a substantial risk of personal injury to himself or others in the near future by such person’s possession or acquisition of a firearm,” according to a government website explaining Virginia’s laws. Roy’s case is otherwise continued until February, court records show.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Doing God's work

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Usually when a cop kills themself it's because they are about to get caught doing crimes.

Some supreme rear end in a top hat not far from here, I think northeast IL, radioed in a call that he was shot by a mexican guy or something. In reality, he was about to be discovered stealing from a children's charity (explorer's program I think) and offed himself. He had to get at least one last dig in on a fake minority though.

He looked like shithead supreme as well.

edit: this rear end in a top hat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Joe_Gliniewicz
There was a good podcast about this, Over My Dead Body season 3 I think. When he was first found they went all out looking for the guy that shot him, running down all sorts of leads, and the town gave him the hero treatment. Then they started investigating him and he’d been scamming the police department for years but no one had the juice to fire him. I remember it being a really good look at how small town corruption can happen.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Murdstone posted:

There was a good podcast about this, Over My Dead Body season 3 I think. When he was first found they went all out looking for the guy that shot him, running down all sorts of leads, and the town gave him the hero treatment. Then they started investigating him and he’d been scamming the police department for years but no one had the juice to fire him. I remember it being a really good look at how small town corruption can happen.

Yeah it wasn't too far from here and I remember the big hero stuff.

Then absolute silence for some reason.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Murdstone posted:

Haven't heard the podcast, but I learned about this case from That Chapter on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8e_09eJGXA

Actually, he occasionally covers cases where someone tries to blame their own attack on either Latino or Black folks...Sherri Papini (faked her own kidnapping) was the main one, but I definitely remember another one...I think this one involved a white lady staging her own home invasion/assault and blaming it on some Black guys? Oh, then there's Bonnie Sweeten, who faked her own kidnapping and said some Black dudes snatched her and her kid up at Disneyworld.

Whatever tiny shred of sympathy I may have left for these folks (who knows what mental issues they have) faking their own abductions/assaults immediately goes out the window when they blame a crime THEY COMMITTED on minorities! :fuckoff:

Ah, here we go, this dude named Nick Firkus killed his wife but claimed a Black guy did it, specifically a guy who had been in the news a lot recently for burglaries!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziqrL_nIn8Y

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 9, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I learned about that pig on That Chapter too. Judging a book by its cover done right. Looks like a sack of poo poo pig. Is a sack of poo poo pig.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Not to turn this into a That Chapter thread, but along the same lines, there's this crazy story he covered where the cops didn't believe a woman's story about being kidnapped until they later stumbled across the guy who did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EajuEMcbL2k

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Just googled the list of names on Alabama’s death row and the first guy on the list is there for a crime he committed in 1991??

E: just clicked on five more random ones and they were ALL for shooting store clerks in the face. Is that the only capital offense?

Borscht fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 13, 2023

111213_5
Nov 13, 2023
full halcion beginning at 11am today or?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Borscht posted:

Just googled the list of names on Alabama’s death row and the first guy on the list is there for a crime he committed in 1991??

E: just clicked on five more random ones and they were ALL for shooting store clerks in the face. Is that the only capital offense?

Substantial enough to get them on death row, not enough to get them bumped up the chain when they're planning who goes next?

It's only a store worker.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

111213_5 posted:

full halcion beginning at 11am today or?

or

Nov 13, 2023

friends, fun, and things accomplished

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

111323 posted:

friends, fun, and things accomplished

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is the insane rereg guy who spends something like $100 per day on new accounts. It's better not to read or reply to any of his accounts.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

They should send that $100 per day to me instead. :colbert:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

There Bias Two posted:

This is the insane rereg guy who spends something like $100 per day on new accounts. It's better not to read or reply to any of his accounts.

If you have a better idea to keep the forums afloat I'd like to hear it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Outrail posted:

If you have a better idea to keep the forums afloat I'd like to hear it.

$8/month subscription otherwise your posts are hidden by default

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mobby_6kl posted:

$8/month subscription otherwise your posts are hidden by default

The money would be nice but you can read my posts for free.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather not though.

Anyway, :blastu:

quote:

Child dies, 4 others injured after ‘disturbance’ at Pearland flea market leads to gunshots

PEARLAND, Texas – Authorities said a child has died after a shooting at a flea market in Pearland Sunday.

According to Chad Rogers, Public Information Officer for the Pearland Police Department, the shooting happened at Cole’s Flea Market in the 1000 block of N. Main Street at approximately 5:34 p.m.

Rogers said there were a total of five victims, three adults and two children. Rogers did not have an exact age for the victims.

Everyone who was injured has been transported to area hospitals. Rogers said one of the juvenile victims has since died. The rest of the victim’s conditions are unknown.

Rogers said there was a disturbance between two people and that resulted in gunfire.

“I’m not sure if they both had firearms, if one person had firearms, I do not know the number of rounds that were fired, but it appears as though it was two subjects that got involved in a disturbance and that’s what resulted in the shooting,” Rogers said.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/11/13/multiple-people-shot-at-flea-market-in-pearland/

Polite society working out well

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
That pig don't know much.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Continuing the "not a place of honor" motif,

Check out this strong and cool dude having to be reigned in by my boy Bernie, for trying to fight in congress.

https://x.com/therecount/status/1724474603102167311?s=20

(Sorry for the tweet)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Stand your butt up" has me dying.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's really worth watching the whole exchange.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/markwayne-mullin-fight-teamsters-president-sean-obrien-senate-hearing/

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
you are a united states SENATUH lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
nothing more respectable than a united states senator. paragons of integrity, self-sacrifice and uncompromising altruism #BURNTHEFLAG!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Washington Post released a new article containing pictures of the Uvalde crime scene after the bodies were removed.

SURELY THIS TIME, SOMETHING WILL BE DONE TO STOP FURTHER MASS SHOOTINGS!

:sigh: :smith:

I don't recommend viewing the photos, but I thought this statement from one of the victim's dads, while a huge gutpunch, was worth reading:

(Spoiler'd for those who prefer to avoid this for now...warning that there is a graphic description of what happened to his son.)

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 16, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
*glances at thread title*

Welp

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dexter-wade-buried-mississippi-id-home-address-lawyer-says-rcna125511

So, in the very best-case scenario, a bunch of Mississippi cops & co. helped cover up one of their own striking a pedestrian on the highway and either didn’t have the decency to contact his family or were somehow incompetent enough to not find the wallet in his pocket with all of his info, then buried him in a pauper’s grave

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
He was hit hard enough to detach his leg wtf. How is that not a major incident?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Outrail posted:

He was hit hard enough to detach his leg wtf. How is that not a major incident?

We are completely numb to automobile violence. Doesn't even matter who perpetrates it, vehicular manslaughter is always just a "whoopsie" in the US.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Modal Auxiliary posted:

We are completely numb to automobile violence. Doesn't even matter who perpetrates it, vehicular manslaughter is always just a "whoopsie" in the US.

daisy, even

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Auto insurance and personal injury attorney business is BOOMING!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Read After Burning posted:

Washington Post released a new article containing pictures of the Uvalde crime scene after the bodies were removed.

I don't recommend viewing the photos, but I thought this statement from one of the victim's dads, while a huge gutpunch, was worth reading:

(Spoiler'd for those who prefer to avoid this for now...warning that there is a graphic description of what happened to his son.)

He's right.

They gotta face it.

These pictures should be side by side with every senator and congress member that fights against gun control.

Billboards of blood and bastards.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They used to have giant banners of aborted fetuses and stuff on campus to promote an agenda against our rights. Photos of gore have been fair game when it comes to publicly promoting an idealogy for a long time.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

I'm reading it now.

It's... bad.

Here's the article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-force-mass-shootings/?itid=mr_1

:(

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yeah I just read it and my guts are real twisted up. Used to teach 4th grade. The little elephant book above the backpacks.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It really can’t be emphasized enough how NSFL this article is

jesus fuckin christ, the little white body bags :smith:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm not reading that. I am already fully radicalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm not reading that. I am already fully radicalized.

:same::smith: