Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Why does anyone even care about the Nintendo Direct presentation poo poo? I thought Microsoft dumped a bunch of money on TC to make this show up first on Xbox or some poo poo?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jeeves posted:

Why does anyone even care about the Nintendo Direct presentation poo poo? I thought Microsoft dumped a bunch of money on TC to make this show up first on Xbox or some poo poo?

The bank Microsoft gave a bunch of money to for Silksong exclusivity:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I don’t think it was ever exclusivity it’s day one game pass

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Snake Maze posted:

If they had to stop working on the game for two years because of the novel coronavirus then I think that still counts as development being troubled.

Troubled development implies that the game is all hosed up and they can’t figure out what they’re doing or whatever but there’s no evidence of that other than the lack of information… but I think that’s only because they just don’t bother to include hype building as part of their development process, because it’s just extra work and they don’t need to (lol if you think the game isn’t going by to sell like crazy no matter how long it takes them to make it or how little they tease it’s release)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Let's just point at the elephant in the room and laugh. Team Cherry are so massively busy on this game that they can't spend 1 minute every few months sending out a short tweet to update the fans while one of them is taking a poo poo.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
New :tinfoil: conspiracy: Everyone at team cherry has severe adhd and they’ve managed to enter a collective hyperfocus due to the adderall shortage. This, coupled with time blindness means Team Cherry doesn’t realize that it’s almost 2024

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Let's just point at the elephant in the room and laugh. Team Cherry are so massively busy on this game that they can't spend 1 minute every few months sending out a short tweet to update the fans while one of them is taking a poo poo.

If I was in charge of my own company I sure as poo poo wouldn't spend a singular second on PR either.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mymla posted:

If I was in charge of my own company I sure as poo poo wouldn't spend a singular second on PR either.

Ok elon

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
???
Elon doesn't do anything *but* PR. He just won't stop loving posting.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If I’m making a game built around the thrill of discovery I’d definitely tweet zillions of prerelease screenshots and teases

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Yup.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

morestuff posted:

If I’m making a game built around the thrill of discovery I’d definitely tweet zillions of prerelease screenshots and teases
Goddamn it, this nearly got me.

Respect.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lol

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:unsmith:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

morestuff posted:

also like no-one here is asking for that come on now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did TC ever say anything after they blew past the latest it would come out date?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Did TC ever say anything after they blew past the latest it would come out date?

they posted that they keep getting distracted at how bad your posts are

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Development could deffo be called "lengthy" at this point but we just don't know enough to say it's "troubled." One often comes with the other, but not always. Anything else is conjecture and just spinning around in circles.

Was there even an announced release they have actually blown past? Afaik it's all just layered assumptions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xbox did a list of games coming out in the next six months and Silksong was on the list, so Team Cherry never did an announcement themselves but it was announced on their behalf.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I never took that as gospel, seemed like an MS PR person being overzealous. TC didn't actually confirm it, did they?

I mean I'm super curious what's taking so long and quibbling about the meaning of "delay" is just white noise posting but how else are we going to add to the number someone will say next page when they do a "xx posts since I looked is this out yet?"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
There was that apology tweet earlier this year that technically didn't say anything, but does imply that even their own expectations were for a 2023 release.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
They've made Silksong so massive that every single developer and tester is forever stuck in the game. A game so good they cannot stop playing, but it goes on forever. Tears stream down their cheeks as they haggardly smile at the screen, sitting in their own feces.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This one was pretty specific, I think Microsoft wasn't making anything up

https://twitter.com/griffinmatta/status/1656106351184199680
Obviously still frustratingly vague but it is still a confirmation that it was delayed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Oenis posted:

They've made Silksong so massive that every single developer and tester is forever stuck in the game. A game so good they cannot stop playing, but it goes on forever. Tears stream down their cheeks as they haggardly smile at the screen, sitting in their own feces.

Synecdoche: Pharloom

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Martman posted:

This one was pretty specific...

I have a Friend of a Friend of a Friend who says there was an internal date for July of this year. I'm not sure though when they said it or who they said it to exactly, so I don't know if that was a target year(s) ago or not. I'm curious though how far it could be delayed from that, we're already past the entire dev cycle of the original game right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DourCricket posted:

I have a Friend of a Friend of a Friend who says there was an internal date for July of this year. I'm not sure though when they said it or who they said it to exactly, so I don't know if that was a target year(s) ago or not. I'm curious though how far it could be delayed from that, we're already past the entire dev cycle of the original game right?

I mean technically we're still waiting for the DLC for the first game!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I really hope future generations can learn from this thread and be less annoying about the Silksong wait.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

With an established pattern of indie devs making one good game and then immediately taking over 50 years to make their second game I think the government should step in and make a law that forces indies over a certain level of success to sell themselves to some random AAA factory that can pump out yearly or bi yearly sequels.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I scheduled a week off work the last week of January next year and I fully expect and plan to spend that week playing Silksong.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taking the week off to play Silk Song tomorrow

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

With an established pattern of indie devs making one good game and then immediately taking over 50 years to make their second game I think the government should step in and make a law that forces indies over a certain level of success to sell themselves to some random AAA factory that can pump out yearly or bi yearly sequels.

Team Cherry's Call of Duty: Silksong.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Every time a tester manages to beat the new boss rush challenge palace, enraged devs delay to add another boss to the game.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Electromax posted:

Every time a tester manages to beat the new boss rush challenge palace, enraged devs delay to add another boss to the game.

Iselda fight confirmed?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Electromax posted:

They brought in the Wildstar devs to consult?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The first and final boss is desire, from which all suffering is born. Only when we have all defeated it, only when all living beings have attained enlightenment, will they release the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I know that this is a jokey thread for posting bapanadas, but I am a little frustrated. I feel like when a game was announced in 2019, reannounced in 2022 with a launch window, you CAN say something aside from "oops, wait more". Doesn't help that official Xbox account tweeted a lovely joke mentioning the game a bit before their presentation that didn't have it.