Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jenkl posted:

Only if you're Catholic.

This is a ogod joke.

Now I want to debate if Jesus was simultaneously the CEO's son and Vice President of North American Revenue or if he could only exist as one of those.

Picking the wrong way to refer to him can get you fired/burned at a stake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Lockback posted:

This is a ogod joke.

Now I want to debate if Jesus was simultaneously the CEO's son and Vice President of North American Revenue or if he could only exist as one of those.

Picking the wrong way to refer to him can get you fired/burned at a stake.

I believe Jesus was Chief Evangelist in Product Development.

I need to stay off LinkedIn.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Jesus was CFO

A handful of loaves and fishes on the books, but somehow fed thousands.

Yeah, that is one whistle blower away from a major audit

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The Holy Spirit is COO.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The Holy Spirit is COO.

Shows up announced and blows a bunch of hot air

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
"we need a miracle, people. You have three days"

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Definitely CEO's son. Gets executed, still gets promoted.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Trabant posted:

Definitely CEO's son. Gets executed, still gets promoted.

Blows up at a bunch of clients, runs afoul with all sorts of regulatory laws that he should have been aware pertain to that geography, runs around with a bunch of "close friends" who he randomly just met, also runs around with a prostitute, everyone exclaims how amazing he is even when he doesn't really do anything.

Yeah, fits.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The most important conference of the year is in Rome and we're sending Peter? Just because he was friends with the bosses son? What did he even do before he got this job? He was a fisherman?

Jesus loving Christ.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Lockback posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

That was his original Gmail. He went with a more professional "Jesus H. Christ" on all corporate websites

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

CancerCakes posted:

I like the implication that death is the only way you can leave the business.

It’s either that or getting on a plane to Singapore

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So I'm starting a new job on Monday, and also family wise we kind of stumbled into a potential dream home purchase situation. I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a probationary period getting waived just to make the bank financiers happier? Otherwise we'd have to possibly delay closing until after that finishes (3 months).

I'm going to ping my manager (whom I know from my last job and job previous to that so he can definitely vouch for me to the higher ups if need be) about this, but wondering how futile it might be (probably very).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

priznat posted:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a probationary period getting waived just to make the bank financiers happier?

Why would this even be a thing? How would the underwriters even know?

If you're employed and have W2s, even if you just changed jobs, if your title and industry is roughly the same that's all they've cared about in my experience.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm of the opinion that absolutely nobody is worth bypassing the probationary period for.

I'm also of the opinion to not say poo poo to the bank about it either.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Motronic posted:

Why would this even be a thing? How would the underwriters even know?

If you're employed and have W2s, even if you just changed jobs, if your title and industry is roughly the same that's all they've cared about in my experience.

Might be different in Canada, they do ask it if you are on a probationary period. I do have a record over the past (ugh) 20 years of consistent wage growth etc so it might not be a huge sticking point or anything for the banks, they can waive it on their end too apparently.

Kind of annoying that just because it is timed that I happen to be switching jobs to an actually better salary package it still can potentially hurt me.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Place your bets people, today's "URGENT UPDATE: ALL STAFF" invite just dropped and is taking place in an hour's time. I reckon our big boss is leaving but maybe it'll be a full restructure, who knows!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I'm of the opinion that absolutely nobody is worth bypassing the probationary period for.

I'm also of the opinion to not say poo poo to the bank about it either.

Yeah this. I probably wouldn't ask about this the first couple weeks.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Jumpsuit posted:

Place your bets people, today's "URGENT UPDATE: ALL STAFF" invite just dropped and is taking place in an hour's time. I reckon our big boss is leaving but maybe it'll be a full restructure, who knows!

Gender reveal party for the corporation itself, via the issuance of pink or blue post-it pads.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jumpsuit posted:

Mandatory OT

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Lockback posted:

How I hope to be memorialized: My misspelled name and deeds being announced via a auto-respond.

I can't believe that no one mentioned the "Are thoughts" mistake at the bottom which just utterly makes this. Nothing cements how much you care like not even proof reading.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Volmarias posted:

I can't believe that no one mentioned the "Are thoughts" mistake at the bottom which just utterly makes this. Nothing cements how much you care like not even proof reading.

It's also missing an apostrophe.

It's also missing a comma.

It also should be "out-of-office".

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Jumpsuit posted:

Partial restructure! We currently have 9 associate directors, being reduced to 5, and their teams combined. So a few senior redundancies on the way, merry Christmas

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

priznat posted:

So I'm starting a new job on Monday, and also family wise we kind of stumbled into a potential dream home purchase situation. I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a probationary period getting waived just to make the bank financiers happier? Otherwise we'd have to possibly delay closing until after that finishes (3 months).

I am in a completely different country to you (AU) but I managed to get my company to waive my probationary period in the same situation.

The probationary period is a tool to get rid of bad eggs so if you're hopefully past the "unknown" stage they ought to be OK with it.

As someone else posted, it doesn't really change your employment status but a letter from company HR satisfied my loan officer.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:argh:, I’m watching a town hall presentation and one of the presenters just said “I’m going to double click on <issue>”

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Any time we need to discuss something later, I’m gonna suggest we “middle click it” (and never close that tab but also never look at it again)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Nybble posted:

Any time we need to discuss something later, I’m gonna suggest we “middle click it” (and never close that tab but also never look at it again)

I didn't know about the middle click thing. I've been using ctrl-click for years like a sucker!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Nybble posted:

Did you just give a middle click?!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My work just did a rebrand and they just announced at an all company meeting that we're not supposed to wear any clothing with the old brand anymore. lol @ everyone who spent their own money on clothes they can't even wear to work anymore

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I never could understand the mindset of people that payed for their own companies swag. You want me to fly a flag give it to me motherfucker.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!
My work has an almost underground interest in collecting and displaying vintage corporate merch. Older logos, slogans, pre-mergers and acquisitions. Shirts, water bottles, whatever. Folks will pass on rumours, "I heard they found an old box in Judy's desk when she retired. Ask your guy in facilities!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tnuctip posted:

I never could understand the mindset of people that payed for their own companies swag. You want me to fly a flag give it to me motherfucker.

My previous co set a bad precedent last year of sending us some really excellent swag (yeti coffee mug, north face fleece, nice fleece blanket, some cosy tech themed socks) that the subsequent swags all seemed really chintzy and lame after that.

I ganked so many extra yeti coffee mugs lol

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
My previous place gave us a packet of thyme seeds once. I'm sure there was a corporate slogan about time and growth in there somewhere but fucks sake

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Tnuctip posted:

I never could understand the mindset of people that payed for their own companies swag. You want me to fly a flag give it to mepay me for it motherfucker.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Had to sit through a rebrand a little while ago. Tag yourself.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Honey Im Homme posted:

I'm anything-but-cookie-cutter-solutions, except I'm baking cookies.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Honey Im Homme posted:

M

I'm (the noun "technology" is used as a verb here).

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'm "playing catch-up doesn't make you behind" (I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means, actually)

I'm also Technology that won't Flinch

:radcat:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

I'm "playing catch-up doesn't make you behind" (I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means, actually)

The technology may not flinch but our users sure do

The ux team changed something that used to be two physical button pushes (pull trigger, press confirm scan button) to 6 touch screen touches

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Volmarias posted:

Note: Technology is no longer a verb here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

tactlessbastard posted:

The technology may not flinch but our users sure do

The ux team changed something that used to be two physical button pushes (pull trigger, press confirm scan button) to 6 touch screen touches

It's ADA compliant if it's equally bad for everyone