Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

really isn't hiding it anymore, in fact he's screaming it out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I really need y'all to recommit to individual liberty, and to shun collective politics. Oh, btw, I really need you to embrace collective politics here and shun individual liberty

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Top G posted:

This but unironically. People did fine without them for decades and then Big Auto found another way to nickel and dime us. Now cars have 16 airbags and they turn a 5mph fender bender into a $30,000 repair bill that totals the car.

Goons love to poo poo on Musk out of envy but he’s the only one who’s producing straightforward automobiles these days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

greetings mr. elon

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Malloc Voidstar posted:

In order for the West to win this civilizational battle, it must:
1) Proudly and unequivocally defend Western values;
2) Reject cultural relativism and the unicornia vision of multiculturalism;
3) Recommit to individual dignity over the celebration of collective identity politics;
4) Recognize that all cultures are not equal;
5) Recognize that all religious beliefs are not equally consistent with Western values;
6) Recognize that all immigrants are not equally likely to assimiliate and adopt Western values;
7) Recognize that immigrants who espouse intolerable values that seek to destroy our civilization will be deported (en masse);
8) Implement a rational immigration policy that recognizes the importance of cultural homophily (choosing immigrants who hail from cultures that possess similar values to those of the host nations);
9) Exhibit zero tolerance for seditious belief systems; such systems can be criminalized if they constitute an existential threat to our freedoms and liberties.

I could go on but the latter nine items (some of which are correlated) would be a good start.

Here is the problem: I don't think that the West has the testicular fortitude to implement more than a small subset of the latter nine. Hence, to reiterate a prediction that I've been making for several decades, the West is in death spiral. It will be ugly, painful, and bloody. The greatest tragedy is that the West brought this on itself because of parasitic "progressive" follies. The most dangerous weapon in nature is a human mind infected by ideological parasites.

I agree; south africa should deport the boers

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

The Top G posted:

This but unironically. People did fine without them for decades and then Big Auto found another way to nickel and dime us. Now cars have 16 airbags and they turn a 5mph fender bender into a $30,000 repair bill that totals the car.

Goons love to poo poo on Musk out of envy but he’s the only one who’s producing straightforward automobiles these days.

Concerning.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I got infected by the woke virus from an airbag

Also "straightforward automobiles" now means: car needs a mobile app to even open the door

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
It's a very clever cypher but we all know Elon is the only top g

So thank you top g, for all the saving us you will be doing in the future

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

I got infected by the woke virus from an airbag

Also "straightforward automobiles" now means: car needs a mobile app to even open the door

thats right

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we are pleased to announce cyber truck will come exclusively with dead-stock takata airbags that shoot metal fragments at the drivers face

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
airbags gave me a concussion(instead of breaking my neck on the steering column)

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Nenonen posted:

There's only one good way to steer any vehicle :smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1TQJb5hQk&t=90s
(time stamped for your convenience)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Seatbelts are just the media tricking you for their sick amusement.

edit: this blew up, posting my substack link…

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Top G posted:

as a guy who helped set the pricing for car safety stuff just lol at this post since even if this was a joke there are people that think this.

car safety is so much better now than it has ever been and all of those advancements are likely how tesla was able to make a car without crumple zones presumably not murder every occupant since even Tesla is not THAT stupid (musk is). if anything this post is perfectly aimed at the cybertruck since in the absence of good crumple zones its likely using pretensioners, ratcheting locking tongues, and multi step force limiters on the seat belts along with a poo poo ton of steering wheel, dash, knee, side, and roof airbags to help people not die.

It also means in a 25-30mph crash the occupant might get broken ribs from the overtuned force limiter keeping them held against the seat way too long

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

shyduck posted:

really isn't hiding it anymore, in fact he's screaming it out loud

Hmm, still can’t put my finger on his politics tho :thunk:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

as a guy who helped set the pricing for car safety stuff just lol at this post since even if this was a joke there are people that think this.

car safety is so much better now than it has ever been and all of those advancements are likely how tesla was able to make a car without crumple zones presumably not murder every occupant since even Tesla is not THAT stupid (musk is). if anything this post is perfectly aimed at the cybertruck since in the absence of good crumple zones its likely using pretensioners, ratcheting locking tongues, and multi step force limiters on the seat belts along with a poo poo ton of steering wheel, dash, knee, side, and roof airbags to help people not die.

It also means in a 25-30mph crash the occupant might get broken ribs from the overtuned force limiter keeping them held against the seat way too long

counterpoint: i think if elon saw the words "force limiter" on a bom he'd cross it off and fire the guy who put it there

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Plank Walker posted:

counterpoint: i think if elon saw the words "force limiter" on a bom he'd cross it off and fire the guy who put it there

100%, i just assume a tesla engineer then just re-added it cause he knows elon wont ever look at it again. their other cars are not insanely bad or anything.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

dr_rat posted:

Well I for one think it possibly a bad thing that the richest person in the world is openly promoting people who are frothing at the mouth to start a world wide race war. :colbert:

#RaceWar impressions are up 165%, with a record amount of unregretted user seconds coming along with it

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
when do we get the crash reports i wanna see the crash reports

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The grid in the picture is what the person can see. Each of those holes would be a gray scaled pixel for them to see the world in.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The Top G posted:

The Top G

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't there some robot dipshit that got accosted at a McDonald's for having a pretend bionic eye that just recorded everything around him

He should sign up for the free hole in his head thanks to musk co

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Wasn't there some robot dipshit that got accosted at a McDonald's for having a pretend bionic eye that just recorded everything around him

He should sign up for the free hole in his head thanks to musk co

you might be thinking of the guy that got yelled at for wearing google glasses all over the place in SF back in like 2012 or so. wrote some weepy article about "anti cyborg discrimination"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lladre posted:

The grid in the picture is what the person can see. Each of those holes would be a gray scaled pixel for them to see the world in.

I wonder if it works better than it appears due to microsaccades

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1724088377350271107

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Going to do a big rail of special k like my hero Elon. Then it's off to x (formerly known as Twitter) to weigh in on the Israel Palestine conflict

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

their other cars are not insanely bad or anything.

syq

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

as someone who gets ketamine infusions on a fairly regular basis i have no idea how anyone on it functions in even the slightest amount. it's a tremendous feat for me to be able to change which album i'm listening to let alone do anything else.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

$100,000

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you Linda for doing what you can

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
9 toes Linda

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

holy poo poo they are really paying randos money to post? i thought this was some ruse elon did with a handful of cooperative accounts in order to gin up more blue check purchases, but they are actually doing it lol

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Circle Nine posted:

as someone who gets ketamine infusions on a fairly regular basis i have no idea how anyone on it functions in even the slightest amount. it's a tremendous feat for me to be able to change which album i'm listening to let alone do anything else.

This was my thought about Elon's use. Maybe they just tell him it's ketamine and save it for themselves.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tenderjerk posted:

holy poo poo they are really paying randos money to post? i thought this was some ruse elon did with a handful of cooperative accounts in order to gin up more blue check purchases, but they are actually doing it lol

They pay arbitrarily to who they feel like when they feel like it. There's no scheduled payments.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I wonder how much the account that posts sexy AI generated pics of Linda is making.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I for one feel it's rude to ask the #sports lady non #sports question!!!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

I wonder how much the account that posts sexy AI generated pics of Linda is making.

gonna need a link to this so i can look for ai lindas feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Circle Nine posted:

gonna need a link to this so i can look for ai lindas feet

I did not save it and I am not going to look for it but it is somewhere in this thread. Makes her look pretty sexy.