Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like a grill to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

jaete posted:

Question: what's this red thing on the balcony supposed to be? (Green Grocer modular)

Yeah, looks like a barbecue grill.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Gonna also say yeah that’s the cover of a small grill that is tilted open

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
It's a grill. A small one, for barbecuing. It has a red lid. It is made out of LEGO bricks

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Carbohydrates posted:

It's a grill. A small one, for barbecuing. It has a red lid. It is made out of LEGO bricks

Alright Brick Detective

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Waltzing Along posted:

Those are really cool. I wish I had known the BAM stations had unique/special figs. How long has that been going on?

Same questions here - is there any way to still get those linked ones? And is there any site that keeps track of current BAM pieces?

I was at a store recently but there wasn't much interesting in BAM, some newish Ninjago prints, some chef parts, and an old-style standing mermaid tail I think.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

jaete posted:

Question: what's this red thing on the balcony supposed to be? (Green Grocer modular)

A grill

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i think that's actually a grill

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

what a fine looking grill

why doesn't mine look like that?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Same questions here - is there any way to still get those linked ones? And is there any site that keeps track of current BAM pieces?

I was at a store recently but there wasn't much interesting in BAM, some newish Ninjago prints, some chef parts, and an old-style standing mermaid tail I think.

They are on ebay and I am sure BL.

Some of those are really nice. Some unique parts, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jaete posted:

Opposite of this:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Waltzing Along posted:

They are on ebay and I am sure BL.

Some of those are really nice. Some unique parts, too.

I was just looking at https://jaysbrickblog.com/category/build-a-minifigure/page/3/, and in 2020 there was a sinister looking green wizard too, he's pretty cool.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
According to that link, they started the unique parts in 2019.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gimme a line of multicolored wizards like the old spacemen revival.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Carbohydrates posted:

All craftsmanship is of the highest quality.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

what a fine looking grill

why doesn't mine look like that?!

:dudsmile:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

jaete posted:

Where did you find instructions at such a bad resolution?

e: How about that, those are the official ones. That's 2008 for you I guess.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd be very surprised if digital instructions from that period weren't just manually scanned in. Some of the Classic Space ones are actually higher resolution, but really suffer from the lack of 'okay here is where these pieces go' highlighting.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a red Legor BBQ with an open lid to me
Edit whoops, some posts didn't load there.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

jaete posted:

It's a typewriter for rooftop working.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

some kind of small pastry

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

mutata posted:

Gimme a line of multicolored wizards like the old spacemen revival.

I've never cared much for the collectible minifigs, but if they ever did a line of modern versions of 16 different knights or classic space figures, all updated like the modern knights in the Lion Knights' Castle, I'd buy multiple displays.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Skios posted:

I've never cared much for the collectible minifigs, but if they ever did a line of modern versions of 16 different knights or classic space figures, all updated like the modern knights in the Lion Knights' Castle, I'd buy multiple displays.

Wasn't there rumours of a Space set of collectable minifigs coming next year?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
That grill makes absolutely no sense to me. Is there a grill in existence that has that general silhouette? If the top was rotated 90 degrees, it would be much more legible as a grill.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/terauma_lego/status/1724267177925300476

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

That kicks rear end

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok, now THAT I would like. Along with the spaceman. I want wizard plus spaceman.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

some kind of small pastry

Smh it's like nobody in this thread recognizes a common brushtail possum when they see one.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I have the Majisto keychain but he's missing a hand now :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

wheatpuppy posted:

Smh it's like nobody in this thread recognizes a common brushtail possum when they see one.

Can't blame em, haven't seen one in years since the last known common brushtail possum was killed by a runaway margarita machine

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
This is my point, both sides are straight, the curve is the front face. On the Lego one, one side is curved. I get it's a little throwaway feature, but I can't figure out what they were trying to evoke.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

They were roughhousing and bent the corner of the lid, it still works though, the burgs taste great. Also it has a propane leak from the left tank so don't use that one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would assume it's rounded because a square lid didn't look as cool, and at the time the set released getting a 180 circle in 2 studs wasn't possible.

These days part 37352 would be perfect for it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
"I went to the LEGO thread but a BBQ thread broke out"

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

https://flickr.com/photos/bruceywan/7950784748/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i just want to build lego and grill for god's sake

HootTheOwl