Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Some lols
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1724110025373946034?t=rKMIChbYEGaMlWW4Q2HWyA&s=19

Some news
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1724128730585440589?t=2xsid4GQzjrZSbO-Pv1PTw&s=19

Edit: got Jack Jones confused with JC Jackson. News and Lols still stand though.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thursday's matchup will cement who is the bigger fraud in the AFCN.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

The Steelers are the Jets with good coaching.

And a better offense lmaoooo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Chicago bears are a fraud

To become a fraud, one must first be legitimate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

And a better offense lmaoooo

They don't have anyone as good as Hall or Wilson and their QB is just as bad as Wilson. It's just better coaching.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I think that is a different CB with a similar name

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

You're somehow confusing him with JC Jackson

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's also probably going to get cut soon too.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Amy Pole Her posted:

You're somehow confusing him with JC Jackson

Ah gently caress I am, I'll update my post

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Manoueverable posted:

For as much as I like TFF y'all have meme'd "fraud" to the level of a Rivals pun, you gotta chill and save it for teams that deserve it like last year's Vikings or this year's Seahawks.

This is kind of what I was getting at - this is the type of season where you should expect your team to lay of a couple of unexpected turds, and doing so ain't a big deal. Though on a personal level I am worried about Detroit not having beaten a team with a (currently) winning record since Week 1.

Man I'm going to miss him next year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Freaquency posted:

Yeah I agree. The second a team like KC goes 3-and-out or the Eagles are down a score there’s a rush to be the first person to post it and it’s tiring.

:fork: emotes when it's 10-0 in the second quarter.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

C-Euro posted:

Detroit not having beaten a team with a (currently) winning record since Week 1.

You were supposed to beat the Seahawks, but I guess you guys never got the message because Geno didn't write back sorry

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Catching up (and skipping a whole lot of posts) another funny thing here is 31 turning around and running away is maybe the best thing he can do, because you ain't winning that battle. And it might have given the D a little chance to catch up in pursuit with Trent's big rear end in the way.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1724139909185782263?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh yeah yesterday was the second game this season that the Ravens had stopped forward momentum on a runner, then the rest of the offensive line caught up and and pushed the guy forward for a first down. poo poo is infuriating

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

AndrewP posted:

oh yeah yesterday was the second game this season that the Ravens had stopped forward momentum on a runner, then the rest of the offensive line caught up and and pushed the guy forward for a first down. poo poo is infuriating

That play loving owned and got a heavy fist-pump from me.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/browns-offensive-line-shows-power-during-ford-s-13-yard-rush-in-crunch-time

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The only legitimate frauds this year are the Steelers. They are 100% making the playoffs and likely getting thrashed.

No one thinks they're anything more than average, they'll be lucky to split their next two games at Cinci and Cleveland. I think what you mean is they're overachieving, whether due to luck or coaching it is a mystery. People in 2020 thought the Steelers were secretly good, no one thinks that this year.

Manoueverable posted:

For as much as I like TFF y'all have meme'd "fraud" to the level of a Rivals pun, you gotta chill and save it for teams that deserve it like last year's Vikings or this year's Seahawks.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 13, 2023

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

They don't have anyone as good as Hall or Wilson and their QB is just as bad as Wilson. It's just better coaching.

The Steelers entire O-Line is significantly better than the Jets, and the gap between Breece/Washed Dalvin and Warren/Najee isn't that big.

Assuming the Steelers finish about 10-7, I wouldn't say that's remotely fraudulent. That's a record you'd expect from a great defense/bad offense team that had some breaks go their way (like the Ravens game earlier this year).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Steelers entire O-Line is significantly better than the Jets, and the gap between Breece/Washed Dalvin and Warren/Najee isn't that big.

Assuming the Steelers finish about 10-7, I wouldn't say that's remotely fraudulent. That's a record you'd expect from a great defense/bad offense team that had some breaks go their way (like the Ravens game earlier this year).

A 6-3 team with a -26 point differential are likely frauds or lucky or a little bit of both.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

If the runner had fumbled you'd be rightfully pissing and moaning that the play was dead. Like the other poster said that's 2nd time that's happened to the Ravens this year and it's annoying.

One final dumb thing the Ravens did I need to point out is why did we call timeout on the last Browns drive when we were in FG range? What was the point? It helped them if anything because now they have another play to get even closer. Either they make the kick and win or they miss and they lose. We can't get the ball back so why call timeout and give them more time.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The only legitimate frauds this year are the Steelers. They are 100% making the playoffs and likely getting thrashed.

it looks like it's important to define what a "Fraud" is. the Steelers are not Frauds. Frauds are teams with hype that people get excited to make brash predictions about them winning championships but have big weaknesses waiting to be exploited when the pressure is on. no one expects the Steelers to do anything this year. they're a Dark Horse or Cinderella team if anything. a Fraud is the team that has star power but will lose in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Speaking of frauds I seem to remember a Pats fan making outlandish claims about Mac Jones and where he should rank this past August

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

epic bacon posted:

it looks like it's important to define what a "Fraud" is. the Steelers are not Frauds. Frauds are teams with hype that people get excited to make brash predictions about them winning championships but have big weaknesses waiting to be exploited when the pressure is on. no one expects the Steelers to do anything this year. they're a Dark Horse or Cinderella team if anything. a Fraud is the team that has star power but will lose in embarrassing fashion in the playoffs

Chargers every year?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

epic bacon posted:

Thank you. Someone was trying to claim the Jags were frauds but no one thinks the Jags are winning the superbowl, just that they might make the playoffs and possibly steal a win. The Steelers can't be frauds because absolutely no one thinks they're actually good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Anybody can be a fraud if they're significantly worse than expected to be. There's also reverse frauds

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the only "fraud" i see.... is the freaking CLOWNS in congerss........

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

No one thinks they're anything more than average, they'll be lucky to split their next two games at Cinci and Cleveland. I think what you mean is they're overachieving, whether due to luck or coaching it is a mystery. People in 2020 thought the Steelers were secretly good, no one thinks that this year.

What’s really funny is they have two less touchdowns than the Patriots and have 4 more wins lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Plenty of fraud posting itt

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

If the runner had fumbled you'd be rightfully pissing and moaning that the play was dead. Like the other poster said that's 2nd time that's happened to the Ravens this year and it's annoying.

One final dumb thing the Ravens did I need to point out is why did we call timeout on the last Browns drive when we were in FG range? What was the point? It helped them if anything because now they have another play to get even closer. Either they make the kick and win or they miss and they lose. We can't get the ball back so why call timeout and give them more time.

To be fair, it’s the Browns, and I fully expected a fumble on that play :v:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

epic bacon posted:

I disagree with your definition of Fraud but I agree that we must have some consensus definition if we wish to conduct civilized and educated discourse.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

epic bacon posted:

:agreed:

Bills are getting dangerously close to the fraud line, they opened as top Super Bowl contenders and are now at the point where tonight’s game could be quite funny. I mean Jesus Christ they lost to Zach Wilson who wasn’t even supposed to be playing

49ers had a weird 3 game slide that had them in fraud danger but tearing the Jags a new one by 31 points has them back on track

Steelers aren’t frauds they are just doing Steeler things, winning gross 1970s football games. mcmagic called them the Jets with competent coaching but I still think successfully executing what the Pats want to be is the better analogy. The plan was for the Jets to be exciting. Pittsburgh and NE desperately want to play unexciting football that grinds the will to live out of the opponent (and audience).

Would not call Jags frauds, just disappointing. The offense was supposed to take a leap to the elite tier this year and… hasn’t.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
IMO we also have to differentiate teams with preseason hype that aren't living up to expectations (the Bills this year) and teams that earn a division title, maybe even top 3 seed in the regular season but everyone can tell is probably a one-and-done (2020 Steelers, 2022 Vikings).

The latter fits fraud better to me because their record involves a layer of deceiving people into believing that they're good before showing their true colors.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2023

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Manoueverable posted:

Sure sounds like something a fraud would say.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Gonz posted:

To become a fraud, one must first be legitimate.

One cannot call the Minnesota Vikings frauds because that would imply the Minnesota Vikings behave or perform based on logic from this dimension

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
My opinion on fraudulency is that I think it’s fun to say “the San Francisco Fraudy-Niners.”

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why are we complaining about Rivals puns when half the thread titles are Rivals puns

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Doltos posted:

Why are we complaining about Rivals puns when half the thread titles are Rivals puns

Occasional Rivals puns are funny but they wear out their welcome incredibly quickly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Back in the day we probed for rivals puns

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I never went on Rivals.com so all my joke thread titles are from my noggin like Athena springing from Zeus' forehead. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Before there were probes we banned