Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Tbh a Garfield movie in 2023 doesn’t really deserve enthusiasm on any level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

To prove the naysayers wrong, Chris Pratt should have given Garfield a thick Italian accent. That's a valid interpretation of the character.

"IT'SA ME, GARFIELD!"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Would go a long way towards explaining Garf's inexplicable love of lasagna

I offered some lasagna to my cat once and he just sneered at me

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

oh yeah had to do it, kinda rushed but I spent 10 seconds longer on this than I wanted to

jfc lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dr. Quarex posted:

Chris Pratt is almost as bad a voice actor as Nathen is a Garfipreneur

and now he's gonna get every major VA gig for the next decade

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Busters posted:

IMy biggest gripe is exactly what I worried about in my first post. Chris Pratt is just talking. He's not doing a voice. He's not even really emoting much. It's just a boring white dude talking. It's like showing up to your office and hearing some generic mid 30's guy at the water cooler say "Last weekend, I was cat that ate lasagna. This Friday I'm going kayaking" with no passion for anything.

IIRC Jim Davis intentionally and aggressively courted the generic with Garfield. Basically everyone likes carb-rich food and sleeping and hates Mondays.

In that light, casting Chris Pratt, the least unique of the Hollywood Chrises, is almost inspired.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

IIRC Jim Davis intentionally and aggressively courted the generic with Garfield. Basically everyone likes carb-rich food and sleeping and hates Mondays.

In that light, casting Chris Pratt, the least unique of the Hollywood Chrises, is almost inspired.

Which makes it particular weird when people talk about some movie or what not ruining Garfield. Like how? Even a bad film would at least maybe be somewhat interesting.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Blue Moonlight posted:

Make him sound fat.

dr_rat posted:

Which makes it particular weird when people talk about some movie or what not ruining Garfield. Like how? Even a bad film would at least maybe be somewhat interesting.

Nothing can ruin Garfield. Not even Nathen, for all his trying.
But you can make it blander. You can make it boring.
To your point, a bad movie is better than a boring movie.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Dick Bastardly posted:

GarfieldEATS: Imagine getting dunked on by garfieldfan14 of all people

Dunked on so hard you delete your tweet no less

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

dr_rat posted:

Anything good would ruin its bland mediocrity.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Busters posted:

Make him sound fat.

Nothing can ruin Garfield. Not even Nathen, for all his trying.
But you can make it blander. You can make it boring.
To your point, a bad movie is better than a boring movie.

make it boring?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

on one hand who cares about a garfield movie but on the other maybe it'll inspire another lasagnacat video

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Dunked on so hard you delete your tweet no less

I wish it was easier to screenshot regions on my phone. Pretty much him yelling about it not being true to the spirit of Garfield or something.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wait it's actually really easy, this changes everything

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

lol at his opinion changing within an hour.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Nobody will ever do a better Garfield voice than Lorenzo Music, so why try?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://x.com/nathenmazri/status/1724285578475155548?s=20

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I cannot tell wtf that’s supposed to be, and it’s paywalled behind something called ChatGPT Plus

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I must have missed the rebranding from eGeez to "Oh,Geez!"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

GarfieldEATS: Chris Pratt spunds nothing like Lorenzo.

Huh. I wonder at what point in the brewing process Pratt sounds. Maybe he doesn't use a spunding valve?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garfield CHEATS (on Nathen with Chris Pratt)

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I must have missed the rebranding from eGeez to "Oh,Geez!"

this is huge

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is just buzzword salad.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is that a certified license in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me, mneow

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

david_a posted:

I cannot tell wtf that’s supposed to be, and it’s paywalled behind something called ChatGPT Plus

I can't even parse the sentences he wrote. what is a licensing pocket? and do I go to the pocket for licensing news and insights?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

david_a posted:

I think it's a set of custom instructions for Chat GPT, to tell it how to act, write, etc, written by Nathen.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Oh geez indeed, nathen

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh, Geez! I'm gonna Garf!

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

If he's launching a new, soon-to-be-abandoned project, this is the time to get in on the ground floor for a quick payday.

Ghost writer, editor, social media manager. Just cash in on his new digital creation before the next one 2 months from now.

Step 1: determine wtf he's on about

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Escape From Noise posted:

Garfield CHEATS (on Nathen with Chris Pratt)

Garfield CHEATS could be a decent rip off of Cheaters. Nathen and Garfield confront cheaters and try to avoid physical consequences.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

FishBowlRobot posted:

Garfield CHEATS could be a decent rip off of Cheaters. Nathen and Garfield confront cheaters and try to avoid physical consequences.

Okay, but Garfield needs to be terrible AI video, morphing nonsensically from one second to the next while periodically eating phantom food and delivering judgment upon the unworthy

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Considering “oh geez, it’s egeez!” used to be his ad slogan, this is likely going to get very confusing.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

If he's launching a new, soon-to-be-abandoned project, this is the time to get in on the ground floor for a quick payday.

Ghost writer, editor, social media manager. Just cash in on his new digital creation before the next one 2 months from now.

Step 1: determine wtf he's on about

He doesn’t actually pay people and is constantly trying to get his “fans” to do things for free. When he does pay he’s incredibly cheap.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

But what IS it

I want to say it's some sort of "how to" guide, but why's an AI need to be involved in a walkthrough? (Aside from Nathen just WANTING to do AI stuff because it's 'hot right now')

Frank Frank posted:

Considering “oh geez, it’s egeez!” used to be his ad slogan, this is likely going to get very confusing.

See, this is why I thought egeez rhymes with "easy" but apparently it's "eggies"

Busters fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 14, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Busters posted:

But what IS it

I want to say it's some sort of "how to" guide, but why's an AI need to be involved in a walkthrough? (Aside from Nathen just WANTING to do AI stuff because it's 'hot right now')

See, this is why I thought egeez rhymes with "easy" but apparently it's "eggies"

It’s literally some harebrained nonsense Nathen cooked up that will never amount to anything. He’ll make some cocaine-fueled elevator pitch to a few professionals who might buy into his bullshit long enough to create the beginnings of “something” before Nathen either gets bored and wanders off or refuses to pay his employees.

It’s literally this exact scenario every single time with zero deviation.

E: I used to work with a guy in the early 2000s EXACTLY like this. He’d get all zooted up on a Friday night and start planning grand business ventures while out at happy hour with coworkers. It was loving exhausting.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nathen provides a video screencap example of his ChatGPT bullshit in action here:

https://x.com/nathenmazri/status/1724291159269212541?s=20

I'm guesstimating it's just a rebranded frontend for the standard ChatGPT, with minimal changes.

Solve all your business licensing-related issues by text-querying a good ol' infallible AI!

Edit: The screencap video plays way too fast to read much of the screen output, so you have to change the play speed and/or hit Pause a lot. Nice design, Nathen!

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 14, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
It's siri but for licensed holders and their loyal consumers

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
openai recently launched a newer chatbot feature where you can upload a bunch more text to explicitly make your bot knowledgeable about a specific thing or character

i assume he just uploaded whatever nonsense eats text he has and his completely insane book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Why not “Oh Gee-PT!”?