Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1724170309811507531

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol the minute they figured out that they could just rule the country by fiat from the bench back in 2000 it was just a matter of when this lovely country falls apart, not if

"America the political experiment" ended with the brooks brothers riot, yes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
my wife asked me to make some less-rich food for a while so I asked "what about some Indian bean stuff like dal?" and she was like "yea exactly", so I'm making some dal makhani which means "butter dal" and it has a lot of butter and some coconut milk.

it's delicious tho

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm not making the vegan version because I'm using real butter, but I'm going to use coconut milk instead of cream because I think it tastes better and more interesting

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

emfive posted:

my wife asked me to make some less-rich food for a while so I asked "what about some Indian bean stuff like dal?" and she was like "yea exactly", so I'm making some dal makhani which means "butter dal" and it has a lot of butter and some coconut milk.

it's delicious tho

fuckin love dal makhani

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1724164233988849909

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
it's so sad donald trump died of ligma

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Blindsight was a decent read, the protagonist especially, a hemispherectomied autistic observer of humanity, reminded me of this thread

completely detached, an inner desire to change the system, yet completely unable to change the system by professional act or personal diligence. only able to record, for posterity, the incomprehensibility of it all (trump)

we should coopt jargonauts

also the vampire stuff was stupid and added nothing to the story and could have been better done with literally any other sci-fi mcguffin but vampires were a big thing in 2006, so i guess

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

crime fighting hog posted:

maga balls

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

:yooge: LIGMA WORTH WELL OVER $18 MILLION (AND SO MUCH MORE)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
if vegans were serious they'd all be ancaps, but i digress

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I have to assume Don Jr is still presenting

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

i finally remembered to get a pic on my way to lincoln yesterday

Sign on the left says abolish property taxes

Great rear end though

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1724170144786637255

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ex post facho posted:

also the vampire stuff was stupid and added nothing to the story and could have been better done with literally any other sci-fi mcguffin but vampires were a big thing in 2006, so i guess

at least he gave them a decent reason to exist for plot purposes. I think he just liked the classic horror aspect of sharing a spacecraft with a predator.

great book. the sequel is at least worth reading but reviews are mixed. I liked it, personally.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

faced a god on her own? did she learn nothing from ghostbusters?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
brb taking my "anti-Euclideans" :nallears:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ex post facho posted:

brb taking my "anti-Euclideans" :nallears:

editor probably should've spiked that one

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

mdemone posted:

at least he gave them a decent reason to exist for plot purposes. I think he just liked the classic horror aspect of sharing a spacecraft with a predator.

but he didn't even use that, the character was just this passive entity the entire time except until the end when he got merked like a chump in a stupid way that a vampire would have realized beforehand, and then wrapped up like nothing. total waste, noncontributive, distracting, etc.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/eeberquist/status/1724166385742262411?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

students have entirely stopped caring about capitalization rules for academic work and grading these papers is getting annoying

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I have to assume Don Jr is still presenting

WRONG!

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1724156127644889324

125 witnesses for the defense left

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Jon Irenicus posted:

students have entirely stopped caring about capitalization rules for academic work and grading these papers is getting annoying

your students when you complain
ChatGPT: fix the capitalization on this report.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ex post facho posted:

but he didn't even use that, the character was just this passive entity the entire time except until the end when he got merked like a chump in a stupid way that a vampire would have realized beforehand, and then wrapped up like nothing. total waste, noncontributive, distracting, etc.

yeah so it (clumsily) showed how even a superhuman intelligence was not able to match up with Big Ben

I agree with you, btw, Sarasti is my only real problem with the novel. but I liked it so much that I wanna rescue even the mistakes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jon Irenicus posted:

can you blame them

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

imagine 4 hitlers on the edge of a cliff, each slightly less evil than the last

democracy works the same way

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Both Donald Trump and Eric Trump are on the defense list of witnesses and could potentially appear at any time. Ivanka Trump is not on the defense list and will not be returning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jon Irenicus posted:

what are you a cop

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

south africa. nelson mandela. king leopold. berlin conference. hit your goddamn shift key!!!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what are you a cop

they haven't given high school teachers service weapons yet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

be the change etc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sorry I meant Be the change, etc.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1724174702233723381

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm not submitting these posts for a grade tho and I'm not gonna post like DryGoods

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

what is an academic paper if not a very long post

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Schmoe Cwead posted:

imagine 4 hitlers on the edge of a cliff, each slightly less evil than the last

democracy works the same way

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Jon Irenicus posted:

they haven't given high school teachers service weapons yet

i'm remembering an ancient post a goon made about how his middle school teacher was a bitch and they somehow figured out who it was and told her, the school contacted his parents and he got grounded, then banned

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Would the IDF really just lie tho??

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

south africa. nelson mandela. king leopold. berlin conference. hit your goddamn shift key!!!

then they capitalize Bell Hooks just to gently caress with u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Jon Irenicus posted:

nothing matters