Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Nervous posted:

Chargers job should be opening up and I'm sure they'd prefer a head coach with an offensive background this time.

McDaniels is an excellent coach to pair with a young QB! Imagine what he could do with Herbert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Chargers should try to hire Bill.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Black Sunshine posted:

McDaniels is an excellent coach to pair with a young QB! Imagine what he could do with Herbert!

Run him out of town on a rail so he can replace him with Zach Wilson/Mac Jones?

We've already seen this movie, twice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

The Chargers should try to hire Bill.

If he leaves New England, Belichick is gonna go to a historically downtrodden franchise that already has talent on the roster. He's too old for a rebuild, he's trying to prove that he's a good coach without Brady and also wants that all-time wins record.

Chargers are a fit. Who else? Falcons?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Q_res posted:

Run him out of town on a rail so he can replace him with Zach Wilson/Mac Jones?

We've already seen this movie, twice.

I had to suffer through it and I want more people to feel my pain.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

If he leaves New England, Belichick is gonna go to a historically downtrodden franchise that already has talent on the roster. He's too old for a rebuild, he's trying to prove that he's a good coach without Brady and also wants that all-time wins record.

Falcons would be a good fit but he'd need someone not named Bill O Brien or Josh McDaniels to figure out the offense

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Black Sunshine posted:

I had to suffer through it and I want more people to feel my pain.

Now is your chance to stop the cycle and begin to heal

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Belichick back to Cleveland narratives come up every now and then.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

There are former players who will say good things about Belichick. I doubt you could find one of those for McDaniels.

Tim Tebow.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

ghosthorse posted:

Now is your chance to stop the cycle and begin to heal

I feel as if I share a bond with Broncos fans now that can only be acquired through surviving the Josh McDaniels experience. I'd like to have that with all division rivals so that we can have a better understanding of one another. In a way, it truly is a healing path, it just requires a trial that one must endure to come out the other side a changed human being.

Chargers fans need this even if they don't know it yet.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harlock posted:

Falcons would be a good fit but he'd need someone not named Bill O Brien or Josh McDaniels to figure out the offense

The Falcons with competent coaching should be a really fun team. I hope Arthur gets canned soon, it's criminal watching all this talent (minus, you know, a QB) fart around as Jonnu Smith and Mack Hollins and Tyler Allgeier eat up half the touches. I have a really hard time imagining Bill taking a job where he doesn't have roster control, though. And he would immediately bring in some lovely nepo hire to run the offense, defeating the purpose of the move in the first place.

If he wants to stay in football he should crib Vic Fangio's playbook and just go around making megabucks as a DC or "defensive consultant" for much less work and stress. But I don't think ego would permit it.

Nov 6, 2002

McDaniels is 100% going to be Bill's OC wherever he coaches next year.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

McDaniels is 100% going to be Bill's OC wherever he coaches next year.

Bill will finally be the coach Spanos splashes out for.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nervous posted:

Bill will finally be the coach Spanos splashes out for.

:yeshaha:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bill is going to leave the pats and move into a cottage with no electricity on a cliff in maine. he will only eat hard tack and sit on the porch with a shotgun

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The wind will whisper ~Rutgers~

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Black Sunshine posted:

The wind will whisper ~Rutgers~

Speak it into existence.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There have already been rumors that Belichick is on Josh Harris' wishlist. He grew up in Annapolis and used to coach in the NFC East.

Also,
https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1724144585511719162?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

There have already been rumors that Belichick is on Josh Harris' wishlist. He grew up in Annapolis and used to coach in the NFC East.

Also,
https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1724144585511719162?s=20

Maybe he will but why would he want to go to some mid team with a questionable QB like the commies or a horrible team like the panthers? If Belichick is coaching this Chargers team with Herbert they are likely a super bowl contender.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Maybe he will but why would he want to go to some mid team with a questionable QB like the commies or a horrible team like the panthers? If Belichick is coaching this Chargers team with Herbert they are likely a super bowl contender.
Because the Commies owner is willing to pay $25m per while the Spanos' budget is a fifth of that?

Also that was about Bill O'Brien going to the Panthers, not Belichick.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Because the Commies owner is willing to pay $25m per while the Spanos' budget is a fifth of that?

Also that was about Bill O'Brien going to the Panthers, not Belichick.

You think Bill just wants a payday more than he wants to win? I guess that is possible.

Going from one mediocre retread Reich, to another, BoB would be pretty funny for the Panthers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think Belichick is willing to coach for the equivalent of minimum wage just for the privilege of coaching Justin Herbert, no.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Or the Spanos will pay Bill what he wants, then just cheap out on paying the players; Bill then has to build the team via the draft, which is his preference anyway. Everyone wins!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1724146040473854107?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't think Belichick is willing to coach for the equivalent of minimum wage just for the privilege of coaching Justin Herbert, no.

Depends on if he prioritizes getting paid or getting the win record so he can retire in smug satisfaction ASAP. He’s already stacked up generational wealth, could be worth it to him to get that last bucket list item

Maybe Spanos would get behind a deal that’s like 5 mil per playoff win or something

Nov 6, 2002

Frank Reich reeks of desperation.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

This press conference was an absolute disaster. Jimmy Carter levels of malaise.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Let's make one thing clear.

Spanos can pay Bill whatever he wants. He's just too cheap to do so

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Please just fire Reich already. This is just sad.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Panthers should hire Jimbo Fisher for ultimate comedy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Where does college football keep finding these fuckin guys with names like Mark Twain characters

(“The south”)

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Docjowles posted:

Where does college football keep finding these fuckin guys with names like Mark Twain characters

(“The south”)

an NFL team is going to hire Jaguars' coach Press Taylor when his destiny is clearly Oklahoma State or Ole Miss or something

lol just looked him up and his actual name is Sherwood Press Taylor. guy's name is a confederate statue waiting to be destroyed

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

epic bacon posted:

an NFL team is going to hire Jaguars' coach Press Taylor when his destiny is clearly Oklahoma State or Ole Miss or something

lol just looked him up and his actual name is Sherwood Press Taylor. guy's name is a confederate statue waiting to be destroyed

Got an actual :lol: out of me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Let's make one thing clear.

Spanos can pay Bill whatever he wants. He's just too cheap to do so

Yep

It's the same excuse people had for why the Raiders couldn't possibly fire an HC early (and they then did exactly that, twice in a row)

There's nothing anyone in this league couldn't do if they wanted to. Wanting to is the only real thing ever holding them back on any of it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Please just fire Reich already. This is just sad.

It can get sadder

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1724142549378412667?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

/glances at record

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I mean, he managed to fill a 53-man roster, so that's something

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You want to fire a straight shooter like this? He's just telling you how it is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He says he can win one not that he will do it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

He's right, they have one A football game.

On a positive note they're on track for the first overall pick......of the second round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

CharlestheHammer posted:

He says he can win one not that he will do it

He already won one this season. What more do you jackals want from him?!?

wandler20 posted:

He's right, they have one A football game.

On a positive note they're on track for the first overall pick......of the second round.

Can you even imagine the type of deal noted Wheeler and Dealer Scott Fitterer could get for a pick that high?

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 13, 2023