Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Changing this post from Ghostbusters chat just to say that Universal won the Clio last night for best studio for the first time somehow.

Pretty cool. I didn't go but my team got up on stage to accept the award it's like the Oscars for soulless advertising automatons.

Also me and Don Draper have something in common now

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

You both stole the identity of a dead man? :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We both stole the Clio from more deserving people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8-OWYnZxk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When I was at the movies today for some reason they played the new Planet of the Apes trailer with subtitles.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Huh. We make dubs and subs versions of all our trailers and the other studios do too for INTL territories. How they ended up with a DCP (in-theater files package) with subs in a domestic theater is definitely a gently caress up or for some reason they had no alternative

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought at first that maybe it was just because of the apes talking but then they started describing the music cues.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://youtu.be/fhr3MzT6exg?si=J3_IwrIW_jQuI-ks

100% my poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Changing this post from Ghostbusters chat just to say that Universal won the Clio last night for best studio for the first time somehow.

Pretty cool. I didn't go but my team got up on stage to accept the award it's like the Oscars for soulless advertising automatons.

Jeez, looking at the winners, seeing an NRL campaign out of nowhere surrounded by all these American as campaigns I never saw was pretty jarring.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

kiimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWavstJydZU

They offered Mindy Khaling and Bill Hader like a hundred grand for this and Amy Proehler got $5m I'd say no too

isn't anxiety basically the same thing as fear? how come when we saw in to the minds of the other humans in the first movie they didn't have an anxiety gremlin?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
fear is being afraid of ghosts.
anxiety is being afraid of ghosts seeing you in your underwear, dumbass!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Stress/anxiety is arguably different from being afraid of something. Like, I wouldn't call worrying over being able to pay rent a fear of rent.

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 13, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

isn't anxiety basically the same thing as fear? how come when we saw in to the minds of the other humans in the first movie they didn't have an anxiety gremlin?

don't post this question on instagram unless you want a thousand unqualified opinions about mental health

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I hate Mondays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeFWNtMo1Fs

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Why Chris Pratt again?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Almost crying within the first minute 'cause I adopted an elderly stray orange cat with atrophied back legs and this is hitting too close then immediately started throwing poo poo as soon as Pratt starts talking in his regular Pratt voice.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So Chris Pratt just can't do voices. That's fine, everyone has their limits. But why do they keep casting him in voice acting roles?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I don't get it. It's not like that many people are watching these movies for Chris Pratt, and I can't imagine he's very cheap either. And it's not like frank welker isnt around. So strange.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Studios believe that animated movies need to have big names attached and don't care that voice acting is a completely different skill set.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Garfield movie will remake the "Who is pregnant?!" Parks and Rec scene that the surprised Chris Pratt gif comes from, only this time Jon's the pregnant one from drinking dog spunk.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't like the look of the movie... i don't like the fur...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Will it keep to the canon established in Garfield's 9 Lives?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MonsieurChoc posted:

Will it keep to the canon established in Garfield's 9 Lives?

Well there's a flood of memories.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

So Chris Pratt just can't do voices. That's fine, everyone has their limits. But why do they keep casting him in voice acting roles?
White people love him

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

That was somehow even worse than the absolute worst case scenario for a Garfield movie.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Why would you make a Garfield that looks like Nick Offerman, then give it the voice of Chris Pratt?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Post-credits scene zooms in on a mug in a vet exam room

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Garfield eats excessively because of a fear of food scarcity and experiencing childhood abandonment. Fun for the whole family

E: I bet they thought they were really clever releasing that trailer on a Monday. Marketing geniuses

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Please be sure to get the fan edit out that removes Garfield's voice making jon look insane

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I want a theatrical release of the Pipe Strip video from Lasagna Cat

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

thrawn527 posted:

I assume mostly because of his VA in the Lego movie? Which he was good in, so either he's decided to really phone it in or he was told to. :shrug:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Mordja posted:

I assume mostly because of his VA in the Lego movie? Which he was good in, so either he's decided to really phone it in or he was told to. :shrug:

But that character was perfectly cast - his voice was right for the character. A sunny naive happy go lucky Lego man.

Pratt doesn’t fit Mario or Garfield. He’s nowhere near the vibe for these characters, it would probably be difficult to find characters more diametrically opposed to his voice than those. Especially Garfield, especially since we have 2 legendary archetypes for that voice.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah he was solid in Lego but… at the very least miscast in everything else. Feels especially jarring here.

On the opposite side of things, I watched the English dubbed trailer for Miyazaki’s new movie, saw Robert Pattinson in the voice cast, and wouldn’t have guessed he was the Heron.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Imagine Chris Pratt in a Miyazaki movie

I dare you

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Colonel Whitey posted:

Imagine Chris Pratt in a Miyazaki movie

I dare you

gently caress, you just made me go check the dub cast for The Boy and the Heron. We’re safe, folks.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

Why would you make a Garfield that looks like Nick Offerman, then give it the voice of Chris Pratt?

offerman would’ve been like 1/10 the price

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mordja posted:

Have you never heard Lorenzo Music doing the voice? Phoning it in is practically Garfield's style.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Parkingtigers posted:

drat he would probably have been really good

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lALMdJf6UUE
Getting mixed feelings about this, but its got Barry Keoghan in it and he's been fantastic in everything I've seen him in, might go see it on Friday

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Jedit posted:

Have you never heard Lorenzo Music doing the voice? Phoning it in is practically Garfield's style.

I'd say it's less a phone-in and more of a distinct deadpan. If the studio was trying to to go down that route, to join the choir I agree that Offerman would have been a good present-day option. Or maybe H. Jon Benjamin.

This however - the voice just does not fit at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
jesus who gives a poo poo about Garfield