Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Where in the name of god does this kind of writing spring from? Who the hell is this for? Mail readers in their semi detacheds with their bog spec Audi A4 on the drive???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Haha! Fagging! What a fun joke

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Angepain posted:

Haha! Fagging! What a fun joke

Eton abolished fagging 43 years ago. So a really tremendous topical reference from Quentin there.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I only ever knew about it by reading Roald Dahl's childhood memoir Boy. Even as a small child I understood then that there was something deeply wrong with the British

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

I only ever knew about it by reading Roald Dahl's childhood memoir Boy. Even as a small child I understood then that there was something deeply wrong with the British

Using young boys hot bottoms to get the ice off toilet seats is what made Britane Grate!!!!!!!

(Edit - if you haven’t read it this is what Dahl used to have to do. The senior boys would send the fags out to the outside toilets to de ice them and fags were rated on how hot their bottoms were)

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 13, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just had the weekly phonecall from the parents, apparently their take on the protests over the weekend is that the entire pro palestine march were nazis because of that one, suspiciously clear and incredibly well framed picture of the woman with the swastika sign.

They didn't believe me about the 50 arrests all being the cenotaph defenders, because 'that doesn't sound right.' gently caress's sake.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

crispix posted:

i think i may have to a large extent been thinking esther mcveigh and nadine dorries were the same person :/

There's a number of angry right-wing women of a certain age that my brain conflates into that woman that was filmed putting a cat in a bin.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Will there be a shadow minister of Common sense?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Will there be a shadow minister of Common sense?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

There's a number of angry right-wing women of a certain age that my brain conflates into that woman that was filmed putting a cat in a bin.

[in roy chubby brown cosplay] well we all know they have rubbish pussies

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
minister of telling it like it is

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Minister of Simple As

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Oh you laugh now but she'll get rid of the scourge of "Wokism" and we can fly the union jack again! You lefties won't like that!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Minister of You're Not Poor If You Have a Fridge

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Minister of Telling People How You Can Make a Meal for 50p, Easy.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Minister of council pop.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

WhatEvil posted:

Minister of Telling People How You Can Make a Meal for 50p, Easy.

50p? Luxury. According to 30p Lee you only need 30p.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Like in Ghostbusters 2.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Like in Ghostbusters 2.

i caught the same vibe

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Patriotically "close enough" on the butcher's apron.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Someone posted this on our local FB group (mostly centrists & tories) - might be of interest to anyone crafty (not Darren)
She's a cyber security person by day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunHRUVB4_k

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mediaphage posted:

i caught the same vibe

There's a bit of Spitting Image puppet in the pic too.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Just how many front benchers are there? I didn't think there were 17 in total!

And in other news, the Jamster has put his foot in it again by refusing to boil a complex situation down to a simple yes/no answer.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
its been a while I followed uk politics but today is LMAO this is even more funny than lizz

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just how many front benchers are there? I didn't think there were 17 in total!

And in other news, the Jamster has put his foot in it again by refusing to boil a complex situation down to a simple yes/no answer.

Front bench is not shadow cabinet, but sometimes it's fun to conflate the two for a spicier headline

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well technically they are, it's just the difference between Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (always involved) vs. Shadow Minister for Levelling Up (fake silly job but gets your more money as a Shadow Minister with Portfolio).

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Tesseraction posted:

Well technically they are, it's just the difference between Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (always involved) vs. Shadow Minister for Levelling Up (fake silly job but gets your more money as a Shadow Minister with Portfolio).

LOL at shadow ministers getting paid extra.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Wish I could get a job being the person who criticises someone else's job and waits for him to be fired so I can do it but secretly hopes he'll never be fired so I can continue being paid for doing nothing

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

domhal posted:

LOL at shadow ministers getting paid extra.

Technically they don't, but they have access to money backbenchers don't.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The commons is just money laundering for people too unbearable to make it in mainstream banking.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just seen the video and at one point Morgan says "This country says they are a terror group. Should they stay in power?"

Amazing arrogance that we in the U.K. should tell the Palestinian people who they should elect.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well tbf I believe the last time they had elections in Gaza half of the citizens weren't born yet.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
And, you know, the US were the ones who pushed for those elections to try and legitimise Abbas as leader, then had a bit of a freakout when things went tits-up and backed an attempted coup to topple the government they'd just accidentally helped to democratically elect, which inevitably led to the decimation of the opposition and the consolidation of Hamas' power.

I don't expect more from Morgan but it's funny how the argument is always reduced to 'there's a bad guy in power! Don't we have a responsibility to act?'

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Microplastics posted:

Wish I could get a job being the person who criticises someone else's job and waits for him to be fired so I can do it but secretly hopes he'll never be fired so I can continue being paid for doing nothing

Welcome to the Labour Party!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I see my useless oval office of an MP, Barclay has gone to environment; who's health now?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Someone even less recognisable

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

This is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016