Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, that and he didn't want to.

That wasn't even a real "unleashed" moment; Stolas killed zero people in that encounter even though he clearly could have if he'd felt like it.

yeah, i kinda feel like he is gonna be the one that kills stryker. i feel like stryker will get wounded by moxxie and wound blitz and then scary stolas comes out. strykers plotline feels like it will probably wrap up this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i kinda feel like he is gonna be the one that kills stryker. i feel like stryker will get wounded by moxxie and wound blitz and then scary stolas comes out. strykers plotline feels like it will probably wrap up this season.

Maybe we get a uniquely HB father-daughter moment and Loona takes out Stryker after he wounds Blitzo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

drat i cant believe hell uses the inferior but logical date format of day-month-year

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Maybe we get a uniquely HB father-daughter moment and Loona takes out Stryker after he wounds Blitzo.

I do firmly believe the main character that's going to die is Striker because his plot thread is heading in that direction. He gets more unstable every time he's on screen and has made enemies out of a lot of powerful/connected people. I think he's going to go after Blitzo personally at some point or try and finish Stolas off to hurt him. Either way his decision making skills are atrophying. The fact that he was just going to pointlessly off Fizzarolli which would've had not one but TWO Sins breathing down his neck is pretty indicative of where he's at right now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Striker strikes me (heh) as someone definitely going to die after we finally learn about his backstory. Which I doubt will be particularly sympathetic, as he definitely is the kind of 'rebel' whose only real problem with the status quo is that he's not in charge of it, but we know how these dramatic formulas go.

That said, outside bet that he ends up revived as a cyborg. There's precedent! Actually kinda funny that we have a cyborg who is superpowered by imp standards but is one of the few characters who demonstrably has no skill nor interest in violence, even if he's as inured to it as most denizens of Hell.

Put that way, actually... makes me wonder. A lot of the antagonists of the series thus far seem to represent the worst things about Hell. (and could be argued Heaven and Earth a bit too) Stella as mentioned is everything wrong with the Goetia wrapped up in feathers, and Crimson is effectively a jumped-up thug who sees any virtue or nuance as weakness to be punished or exploited, and constantly underestimates people with redeeming qualities. Striker presents himself as the pinnacle of what an Imp can hope to be, and on top of all that a rebel, but all that ultimately amounts to is an egotistical shithead who needs violence to validate himself.

Maybe it all comes back to the whole premise- Blitzo is literally a professional assassin, and surprisingly good at it despite his propensity for shenanigans, but for him, Moxxie and Millie, violence is a means to an end, even if they do enjoy it. It's a job to support their lives and what they really want to do with them, and to maintain and support their relationships. Notably, Blitzo specifically keeps Loona out of the violence whenever possible, despite that she's incredibly good at it and suited for it, because he wants her to have a semblance of normality, contrasting Crimson destroying his family trying to make Moxxie into his personal weapon. (And Moxxie started working for Blitz in the first place after learning he was a better father)

PhazonLink posted:

drat i cant believe hell uses the inferior but logical date format of day-month-year

Mammon IS Australian, it's normal here!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Striker strikes me (heh) as someone definitely going to die after we finally learn about his backstory. Which I doubt will be particularly sympathetic, as he definitely is the kind of 'rebel' whose only real problem with the status quo is that he's not in charge of it, but we know how these dramatic formulas go.

That said, outside bet that he ends up revived as a cyborg. There's precedent! Actually kinda funny that we have a cyborg who is superpowered by imp standards but is one of the few characters who demonstrably has no skill nor interest in violence, even if he's as inured to it as most denizens of Hell.

Put that way, actually... makes me wonder. A lot of the antagonists of the series thus far seem to represent the worst things about Hell. (and could be argued Heaven and Earth a bit too) Stella as mentioned is everything wrong with the Goetia wrapped up in feathers, and Crimson is effectively a jumped-up thug who sees any virtue or nuance as weakness to be punished or exploited, and constantly underestimates people with redeeming qualities. Striker presents himself as the pinnacle of what an Imp can hope to be, and on top of all that a rebel, but all that ultimately amounts to is an egotistical shithead who needs violence to validate himself.

Maybe it all comes back to the whole premise- Blitzo is literally a professional assassin, and surprisingly good at it despite his propensity for shenanigans, but for him, Moxxie and Millie, violence is a means to an end, even if they do enjoy it. It's a job to support their lives and what they really want to do with them, and to maintain and support their relationships. Notably, Blitzo specifically keeps Loona out of the violence whenever possible, despite that she's incredibly good at it and suited for it, because he wants her to have a semblance of normality, contrasting Crimson destroying his family trying to make Moxxie into his personal weapon. (And Moxxie started working for Blitz in the first place after learning he was a better father)

Mammon IS Australian, it's normal here!

I feel like all imps are naturally good at violence, hell all the demons are I assume, it’s kinda part of the package and society but some are better than others at it. I think strykers backstory is gonna be sorta sympathetic but he lost sight of any actual justice years ago.

Dawgstar posted:

Maybe but i still think it’s gonna be stolas, Stryker is about to kill blitz or he points a gun at Octavia, and then a giant owl rips his head off.

Flopsy posted:

I do firmly believe the main character that's going to die is Striker because his plot thread is heading in that direction. He gets more unstable every time he's on screen and has made enemies out of a lot of powerful/connected people. I think he's going to go after Blitzo personally at some point or try and finish Stolas off to hurt him. Either way his decision making skills are atrophying. The fact that he was just going to pointlessly off Fizzarolli which would've had not one but TWO Sins breathing down his neck is pretty indicative of where he's at right now.
I don’t think he is the main character who dies. Dudes a villain and I feel like his clocks been ticking since he appeared. I think it’s someone else.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
So given Mammon's Australian accent, the word that kept getting censored was oval office, right? Just making sure my head's on straight here.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I don’t think he is the main character who dies. Dudes a villain and I feel like his clocks been ticking since he appeared. I think it’s someone else.

Well I know it's not Stolas because everyone and their mother kept saying it was to the point Bryce spoiled it and admitted it's not him. Hard to say who else it would be without it having massive ramifications. Like if it's any member of I.M.P Blitzo is going spiral so hard any character development is going to go out the window. Possibly same if it's Fizzarolli which would also have the knock on effect of Asmodeus going on a rampage and the entire order of Hell getting disrupted. If Octavia dies Stolas will lose his poo poo completely and go the same direction as Blitzo and will most likely be utterly unconsolable. The only characters I could see dying without it completely upending the cast in the worst possible way are either Striker or maybe Stella.

Also from an outside perspective it's either children of the main characters, one half of a couple that would devastate the other, or female characters who need more development. Not a good line up as it currently stands.

Cheston posted:

So given Mammon's Australian accent, the word that kept getting censored was oval office, right? Just making sure my head's on straight here.

Yeah it's oval office. Youtube demonetizes if they don't censor it.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It's gonna be Loona, she's gotta be like 102 in dog years.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SkeletonHero posted:

It's gonna be Loona, she's gotta be like 102 in dog years.

I just look at the entire series as a redemption arc for Blitzo to get his poo poo together and the man's just started slowly getting back on track by mending his old friendship with Fizz. I just don't care to see him get thrown down the stairs again because he loses his daughter or someone else he loves. I don't enjoy watching something where the main point of the story is watching someone struggle to crawl out of a pit only to get throat kicked back in. Sides' I would appreciate it if we got some more time with Striker to understand why he's such a mess. I'm not opposed to giving him more sympathetic traits so it actually hurts when he dies.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Why do people keep saying Stolas is going to die? It's so prevalent but I have no idea how that started

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did Viv say something like "one main character is definitely going to die" or something cause what are you guys talking about

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Did Viv say something like "one main character is definitely going to die" or something cause what are you guys talking about

Pretty much. Although the definition for "main character" is kinda vague so that's what all the hoopla is about.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How long is Helluva Boss supposed to run for at minimum again (same question goes for Hazbin Hotel when that starts up)?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

How long is Helluva Boss supposed to run for at minimum again (same question goes for Hazbin Hotel when that starts up)?

Four seasons although the amount episodes for each is unclear. Season one was eight season two is going to be twelve so it could increase or stay the same as far as anyone knows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Why do people keep saying Stolas is going to die? It's so prevalent but I have no idea how that started

i kinda assumed he would die in the first season because my brain sorta thought they were setting up a western energies episode for the end.

Flopsy posted:

Pretty much. Although the definition for "main character" is kinda vague so that's what all the hoopla is about.

I dont think its stella or stryker because i could see either of them dying and since they are villians its kinda expected. It could be octavia as an extra gut punch and i could see it happening because i actually trust viv with that level of a gut punch. maybe moxxie or millie. I feel like Viv and co arnt afraid of killing off a beloved character if they can make it work so who knows.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 14, 2023

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda assumed he would die in

I dont think its stella or stryker because i could see either of them dying and since they are villians its kinda expected. It could be octavia as an extra gut punch and i could see it happening because i actually trust viv with that level of a gut punch. maybe moxxie or millie. I feel like Viv and co arnt afraid of killing off a beloved character if they can make it work so who knows.

If I had to take a safe bet on a main character Moxxie would probably be it. It would force more character development for poor Millie and it would hurt everyone in the immediate vicinity but wouldn't annihilate Blitzo on the level of if it was his daughter or Stolas. Not saying he wouldn't be sick over it but I wouldn't see that sending him down the rabbit hole entirely. Millie on the other hand...God...

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Can the Goetia even be killed? Like, at all? Stolas seemed pretty unconcerned the few times he's had violence directed at/near him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really don't think any of the people that Blitzo is close to in the main cast is going to die. I think that would be a needlessly cruel story for Blitzo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

If I had to take a safe bet on a main character Moxxie would probably be it. It would force more character development for poor Millie and it would hurt everyone in the immediate vicinity but wouldn't annihilate Blitzo on the level of if it was his daughter or Stolas. Not saying he wouldn't be sick over it but I wouldn't see that sending him down the rabbit hole entirely. Millie on the other hand...God...

I think it could be moxxie too but i feel like he is too intergeral to the plot like stolas. i could see it being millie but i dont think viv goes that route. I think it might seriously be octavia because i can picture the scenerio cleare then moxxies which would probably be some self sacrifice.

My theory is something like stuff finally looks up for blitz and stolas, they actually admit stuff to each other and stuffs going ok. stryker shows up and he is full rabid burned up possum psycho. big fight happens, etc ect, Octavia gets hit maybe dies, maybe doesnt, Stryker either escapes OR gets bruttally killed. Then its stolas cradiling his daughter last of us style while quietly singing the lullaby. it probably wont happen but i can map that out easier then moxxies death. i am asspulling and if they dont do it, i am perfectly fine with it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Madurai posted:

Can the Goetia even be killed? Like, at all? Stolas seemed pretty unconcerned the few times he's had violence directed at/near him.

yeah. they just take alot. Like normal hell weapons and probably human ones dont do dick, but blessed weapons can hurt them and kill them.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Stryker seems like the only obvious choice right now, the series doesn't seem like it particularly wants to kill off its wider cast and he's the only one throwing up death flags. Octavia dying in particular would be completely unearned and absolutely stormingly poo poo. Even Stella just needs some comeuppance, it would feel weird for her to get killed off when she's basically just a birdbrained brat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Stella’s an abusive sadist, the fact that she’s also dumb as a rock doesn’t much soften her crueler traits

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Stryker seems like the only obvious choice right now, the series doesn't seem like it particularly wants to kill off its wider cast and he's the only one throwing up death flags. Octavia dying in particular would be completely unearned and absolutely stormingly poo poo. Even Stella just needs some comeuppance, it would feel weird for her to get killed off when she's basically just a birdbrained brat.

Honestly, i could see stella getting shot by stryker or mayber her weird tywin brother killing her. but yeah, i do genuinly not think they will kill octvaia, she is just the one i could see them killing possibly.

Oxxidation posted:

Stella’s an abusive sadist, the fact that she’s also dumb as a rock doesn’t much soften her crueler traits

yeah she isnt a good person, a moron to be sure but she is cruel sadistic moron. Personally i think most of the villians outside probably mammon are gonna die in this show.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I really don't think any of the people that Blitzo is close to in the main cast is going to die. I think that would be a needlessly cruel story for Blitzo

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Hard agree with all of this. Octavia dying would be an absolute shitstorm in and out of universe. Stolas would lose his mind, the Goetia might come after him for losing his only heir, and any further character development would get hard derailed by his grief/rage. Out of universe people would come down hard on Viv for killing off an underdeveloped, underage, female character. I can see the take of her being stuffed in the fridge to further Stolas's angst going over like a lead balloon. Generally outside of my Moxxie guess I still think Striker is the most likely not just because of his many and growing death flags but just because he dies it doesn't mean he's not going to do something that drags the plot in a new direction as his final swan song. Mind you I don't see this happening until season three at most.

He's definitely going to do something stupid/insane in the name of revolution instead of the job. Who he's going to target is anyone's guess but for me it's a tossup between Stolas and Fizzarolli as both of them mean a lot to Blitzo and both have big connections to Hell's nobility. Although him taking Octavia hostage to force her father to die in her place isn't that outrageous either.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 14, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I actually think if anyone in Blitzo's actual pseudo circle of relationships/friends/acquaintances is going to die it'll be Asmodeus. "You're gonna regret this, mate" and all that, it's a gut punch that would echo across the show (Blitzo and Stolas's relationship rebuilding, Fizz's love life, hell in general) but isn't going to crater anyone from IMP irrevocably, although obviously for Fizz it'll be pretty loving awful.

That's not to say Stryker isn't also likely to die, but if there's a "heroic" figure that gets got I think Asmodeus has the biggest narrative impact but also the easiest narrative to write for.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I actually think if anyone in Blitzo's actual pseudo circle of relationships/friends/acquaintances is going to die it'll be Asmodeus. "You're gonna regret this, mate" and all that, it's a gut punch that would echo across the show (Blitzo and Stolas's relationship rebuilding, Fizz's love life, hell in general) but isn't going to crater anyone from IMP irrevocably, although obviously for Fizz it'll be pretty loving awful.

That's not to say Stryker isn't also likely to die, but if there's a "heroic" figure that gets got I think Asmodeus has the biggest narrative impact but also the easiest narrative to write for.

True but the dude is a deadly sin and one of the major rulers of hell. He'd be pretty drat hard to actually kill. Out of the entire cast he would be the hardest TO off in all honestly the guy is millennia old and obviously studier than Stolas. Also I don't think Mammon would go so far and to try and kill him because Lucifer would come down on his rear end like a ton of bricks for upending his social order. Now torment him through his now obvious weakness or myriad of other ways sure I can see that coming.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Flopsy posted:

True but the dude is a deadly sin and one of the major rulers of hell. He'd be pretty drat hard to actually kill. Out of the entire cast he would be the hardest TO off in all honestly the guy is millennia old and obviously studier than Stolas. Also I don't think Mammon would go so far and to try and kill him because Lucifer would come down on his rear end like a ton of bricks for upending his social order. Now torment him through his now obvious weakness or myriad of other ways sure I can see that coming.

I didn't mean that Mammon would actually do it, just that it's a vibe that's been given. Asmodeus doing this is going to be less popular amongst the elite than Stolas' failing marriage, and Asmodeus is part of the Goetic family too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm curious how much it's going to matter. Bee is literally dating one of the lowest species on the hell hierarchy with Vortex and she doesn't at all hide it. She actively announces it. Maybe the other sins talk behind her back about it, but her episode didn't really give any indication that it's an issue considering how open she is about it. And while I imagine there won't be much crossover between the two shows, Charlie, the literal queen of the most powerful person in Hell is dating a former human sinner, and I think Lilith as well, is not a higher ranking demon, and from what little I can find, might be related to the succubi? There's literally NOTHING to go off of right now for that so I'm just speculating. I think the Asmodeus/Fizz thing is more that he's presented as very anti lovey dovey nonsense as the ruler of Lust, but he's in reality the complete opposite and that's going to hurt is brand.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also sort of curious how much direct crossover there’s going to be between Hazbin and Helluva (they both take place in the same universe and there’s a few nods to the former within the latter)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I didn't mean that Mammon would actually do it, just that it's a vibe that's been given. Asmodeus doing this is going to be less popular amongst the elite than Stolas' failing marriage, and Asmodeus is part of the Goetic family too.

What I'm seeing as a growing social inflection point between both Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss is high ranking demons dating members of the lower class. Stolas and Blitzo is in all actuality the least overt and egregious example I can think of. I mean Macaluso put it best; Ozzie's biggest issue is his blatant hypocrisy but it's not like he's the only one who's been doing it. The literal princess of Hell is dating a common sinner and yet another Sin is dating an even lower class. Neither are attempting to hide it nor the fact it's romantic love. It's kind of coming out across the board that royalty are gravitating towards the commoner class in increasing numbers. The nastiest thing I see happening is a PR nightmare that Mammon tries to use to ruin him financially (I mean it's his specialty and would make the most sense in Mammon's mind as the worst thing you can do to someone) that or as previously shown attempts to have Fizz killed purely to hurt him. Plus as we know angelic weaponry is the only thing that can kill demonic royalty. It'd have to be that in addition doing enough damage it actually takes down a Sin literally the strongest people in all of hell. The only way I'd see him going down is if Heaven and Hell were at war again not some chump with a sniper rifle.

And actually now that I think about it Lucifer most likely wouldn't even give the slightest rat's rear end about any of this because his wife was initially the first human woman. He made her the queen of hell by marrying her why would he give a rosy gently caress about anyone following in his footsteps?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 15, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have a feeling that demon royalty pretty much refers to the Goetias and whatever other similar things there are. I have to imagine a simple blessed bullet shot from an imp in the building across the street is not going to do much sins like Mammon and would just end up putting them in their demon rage state. I'm curious if they have to hide during the yearly purge or if they are powerful enough where it doesn't matter (not that they need to even be in the Pride ring during it in the first place). This is not going to be a question that either show is going to tackle however I think.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’d explain why Charlie looks the least demonic of probably any major character in the franchise. I forget, has Lucifer himself made a speaking appearance in HB yet?

If not I assume he’ll play a big role in Hazbin at least seeing as the protagonist is his daughter

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 15, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

That’d explain why Charlie looks the least demonic of probably any major character in the franchise. I forget, has Lucifer himself made a speaking appearance in HB yet?

I think its high end demons have two forms, normie mode and Scray monster mode. like with stolas and the sins. I am not actually sure about the greater cosmology. I think judging from patreon stuff, the sins were all circus perfomers originaly(maybe in heaven) before whatever happened and they rule hell. I assume lucifer had some sorta of falling out with Big G and is content to just rule hell. idk. I am curious about the dynamics because its clear there were wars with heven but right now its mostly just "heven comes down to purge the overpopulation and their guns are legendary iteims"

Macaluso posted:

I have a feeling that demon royalty pretty much refers to the Goetias and whatever other similar things there are. I have to imagine a simple blessed bullet shot from an imp in the building across the street is not going to do much sins like Mammon and would just end up putting them in their demon rage state. I'm curious if they have to hide during the yearly purge or if they are powerful enough where it doesn't matter (not that they need to even be in the Pride ring during it in the first place). This is not going to be a question that either show is going to tackle however I think.

I feel like heaven weapons actually kill them or at least gently caress them up, while regular hell weapons dont do much. i assume the purges are at the same time every year so all the rich or royal deamons just lock the doors and watch the show.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Seeing as the purge is strictly for overpopulated sinners I think the locals don't give a poo poo about it and simply stay indoors and wait it out if they're in the pride ring. Or just completely ignore it and go on about their day in other rings because the angels are forbidden from going down there anyway. The other sins probably barely even notice because the purge has gently caress all to do with them. And if a heavenly exorcist got so out of line as to attack a Sin first off I think it would turn into a massive clusterfuck. Heaven would probably get extremely mad at that particular exorcist for possibly turning the cold war between them hot again. And Lucifer might change the loving rules altogether to keep them from ever coming on his turf again overpopulation be damned.

As for the damage inflicted on demon royalty Stolas got hosed up with a blessed knife and was back on his feet in a week. Asmodeus is bigger, stronger and way older than him. It'd take the equivalent of a holy nuke to kill him I think. And what didn't kill him would leave him wildly pissed off including several other sins he might be on good terms with.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 15, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Seeing as the purge is strictly for overpopulated sinners I think the locals don't give a poo poo about it and simply stay indoors and wait it out if they're in the pride ring. Or just completely ignore it and go on about their day in other rings because the angels are forbidden from going down there anyway. The other sins probably barely even notice because the purge has gently caress all to do with them. And if a heavenly exorcist got so out of line as to attack a Sin first off I think it would turn into a massive clusterfuck. Heaven would probably get extremely mad at that particular exorcist for possibly turning the cold war between them hot again. And Lucifer might change the loving rules altogether to keep them from ever coming on his turf again overpopulation be damned.

As for the damage inflicted on demon royalty Stolas got hosed up with a blessed knife and was back on his feet in a week. Asmodeus is bigger, stronger and way older than him. It'd take the equivalent of a holy nuke to kill him I think. And what didn't kill him would leave him wildly pissed off including several other sins he might be on good terms with.

is there somewhere all the lore and stuff is layed out? i assume its been interviews and such over the years.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

is there somewhere all the lore and stuff is layed out? i assume its been interviews and such over the years.

You can go to the fan run wikis. They're some of the best compliations of stuff Viv has said about how the world works over the years. Some of it has probably been changed by now though.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

You can go to the fan run wikis. They're some of the best compliations of stuff Viv has said about how the world works over the years. Some of it has probably been changed by now though.

This more or less. Although from what i've seen the purges are exclusively in the pride ring and exclusively towards sinners. Going after locals would probably snowball into a much bigger problem as those are the subjects of deadly sins other than Lucifer.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Lilith is probably the first "Sinner" turned demonic being, and Charlie and Lucifer's appearances are pretty much rosy-cheeked porcelain dolls (all the angels are kind of doll/robot/inorganic, it's clever). Charlie's demonic horns literally break out the top of her head when she transforms in the pilot, so she's probably a lot closer to Lilith's appearance when going full demon.

It's also plausible that Lucifer Morningstar (the first angel and first fallen) took over hell after falling, and is actually "newer" than the other Sins (although obviously not that new). Depending on what interpretation of hell is being mixed and matched. The fact that Satan exists separately could well mean that he was the original big demon boss for example.

As for Bee, it's worth noting she apparently controls the Hellhounds in general, she's the one who signed off on Loona's adoption papers for Blitzo. So her relationship might be seen differently from a Sin dating an Imp (from another circle at that). The way that Imps get treated is also different from Hellhounds, the former are the lowest of the low, whilst the latter appear mostly to be discriminated against for being "animalistic/feral/wild" by some, notably Hellhounds can transform into humans like the Goetic family, Imps cannot.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The scandal between Ozzie and Fizz is specifically because it's damaging his brand and makes him look weak in lacking resolve, compared to Bee whose romantic choices don't really have much to do either way with Gluttony. I get a strong vibe that in Hell, reputation is everything, and even for nobility, they constantly have to maintain that reputation or be seen as juicy targets. Charlie specifically gets no respect from most anyone in Hell because she actively goes against everything the heir to Lucifer is supposed to be (besides the poetic irony of rebelling against her father) and given iirc her backstory has a broken off engagement with the prince of Envy, it's quite possible her relationship with a sinner (and a same-sex relationship at that) is another one of the reasons she gets no respect. Stella also is extra enraged (and Asmodeus extra impressed) at Stolas having a pretty indiscreet relationship with an imp, rather than a more 'acceptable' kind of affair.

It isn't exactly made clear currently what kind of punishments the Sins themselves can fear, though there's the impression that they have particular duties and positions to uphold, and in turn potential punishments, even being replaced, if they fail to live up to those standards. (Otherwise I get the feeling the Sins are both high enough and not exactly the same as the Goetia noble heirarchy, and thus typical rules don't necessarily apply to them.) Mammon seemed pretty sure Ozzie is likely to suffer repercussions from even higher up... so, probably Lucifer himself.

Also interesting theory that Satan might be the original ruler of Hell who was upstaged by Lucifer, I did have some theories that Lucifer is explicitly a foreign conqueror and the Sins are basically his colonial viceroys (especially if they're fallen angels as well) that have gone native to various degrees, or shaped Hell's culture themselves over the millennia. Though possibly the Von Eldritch have been around even longer.

Also, mostly unrelated theory that Satan is going to be orky as gently caress.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 16, 2023